/kspg/ Kerbal Stinking Putrefied General

USA x Russia edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1465192250962.webm
pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014
kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/into-new-animated-horizons-r194/
youtube.com/watch?v=EgIVnvunLuQ
strawpoll.me/10436121
youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

snek, BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, yuri, and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

kspg.sytes.net

First for I O W A.

Dead as balls.

P L O P

And here I thought nobody was going to post anything.

Have a video of a cockatiel
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1465192250962.webm

lelsokerbal

ded thread ded game

guys let's merge with /egg/

>This is what NASA ACTUALLY believed.

Good night, /kspg/!

NASA astronauts and Russian Soyuz, together!

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Do not make any idols.
Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.
The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock.
Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons. No one is to appear before me empty-handed.
Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest, you must rest.
Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.
Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign LORD, the God of Israel.
Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast and do not let any of the sacrifices from the Passover Festival remain until morning.
Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God. "Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."

>pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014

In 2013, Maxmaps took the wheel, pretending to be a marketer / CM / dev to the fanbase, when in reality he was placed in charge of making sure the final product did not scale beyond the $5mil of our money Adrian and Ezequiel were actually allowing to be spent on the development of KSP.

So, with the cancelling of resources and DLCgate, we saw the future drastically narrow down to a point. This shift was embodied by Maxmaps' continually repeated statement that "sandbox is scope complete" -- we must deconstruct this statement to fully understand the multifaceted meanings. This will take time.

What is important is that in this moment a paradigm was created. A paradigm that suggested "sandbox" was a complete iteration of the game and therefore a major milestone. When in fact it was an arbitrary and artificial line in the sand designed to limit expenditure so that the majority of the invested money could be fraudulently embezzled.

By "moving on" to career mode, they created a false equivalency suggesting career and sandbox were two facets of an overall thing. When they failed to deliver career in a timely manner, science mode was added. Another one of Max's failed promises leading to a compromised feature in the game.

After resourcegate and the declaration that Sandbox was "scope complete," we saw all development begin to pace itself based on business deals rather than development capacity. Every update after this took 6 months, and failures to move the NASA deal along quickly enough led to completely mutilating .23 through .24, which would have been fantastic updates chock full of content if half the content didn’t need to be removed to satisfy an NDA.

And then of course, begins the true Max regime of .25 on.

Ending the false paradigm means returning to the mindset of 2013, reopening Sandbox’s scope, and, if the fanbase cares enough, scrapping and redoing career.

>being this mad about replying to old posts

Those guys are weird.

Just leave us! You have no reason to be here! You have no memes!

>THIS is what they actually got.

Do the KSP multiplayer mods work locally?

Sent you a message Mirk

>"we don't understand that reentry is hot"
-NASA probably

>tfw satchie keeps chatting about transhumanism with you
>tfw ywn upload her into a sexbot body and rape her over and over because shes literally an object

L-l-lewd.

YOU'RE LATE, MAN. STEP UP YOUR GAME, MAN. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, MAN.

>replying to 1 year and 233 day old posts

rip bernie

>transhumanism
literally a meme

ded

Where are the four (4) million, Inafune?

Where are the one-hundred and twenty million, Monkey Squad?

Where are the eighty (80) million, Kojima?

>On to the KSP 1.2 news then. We’ve decided to (again) overhaul large parts of the wheels coding for 1.2. Vehicle Physics Pro, the middleware used for the wheels, has received many updates since we last updated it, and between those updates and the large amount of patching that we implemented for both Unity issues that are/will be fixed by an update to version 5.3 or 5.4 it’s easier to start with a blank page.

kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

Nice

I am glad that Squad is still working on the game

As a Mexican who loves this game a lot, i feel happy that they haven't abandoned it completely yet.

I feel like this one was a lot more technical and straightforward than previous Devnotes. Making me wonder if Harvester leaving is a good thing.

But we all know KSP is fucked and 1.1.3 isn't coming out for another NEVER

>Sitting reading some stuff on Tumblr SJWs not liking male content creators
>Wonder for a brief second "Why am I a white male again?" as though it was a matter I had decided on, before remembering it was because the principle of not judging people by these arbitrary traits goes out the window for Tumblr.
I love these subconscious slips. They're always amusing.

They didnt even update the "play 1.0.5 now" background

Porkjet completed the rocketparts overhaul in January, but it has been scrubbed from 1.2.

youre being entitled user

>leaving
>not ded or "missing" or on indefinite vacation

source?

Who cares, it's not like we lost this genius of a programmer

true, but now the project is definitely unrecoverable and our we can finally rest

Now is the time to light the funeral pyres and burn this motherfucker down

When I see this post now I just assume we are on the right track. If you need a source on that, I am the source, because I have seen our predictions pay off hundreds of times. That's my source for knowing I assume we are on the right path.

Do you want a source for my source that I assume we are always right when you ask for a source?

>When I see this post now I just assume we are on the right track. If you need a source on that, I am the source, because I have seen our predictions pay off hundreds of times. That's my source for knowing I assume we are on the right path.
>Do you want a source for my source that I assume we are always right when you ask for a source?
no, i want a source for where you received your information.

if i'm reading your post correctly, your "prediction" was literally nothing but a guess, so it's most likely false.

Reminder to not feed the schizos

Reminder to come play factorio with me

Reminder /kspg/ Factorio server when?

reminder greeble parts WHEN

We should merge with /egg/

Does /egg/ have a Factorio server?

We should play OpenTTD

ded

Reminder you should feel free to leave if you are not satisfied with the general.

How many Factorio players does kspg have?

take your meds

ok MAN

Lol take your meds xD take your meds man XD man take up your fucking meds XDD man, man man man take your fucking meds man XDD

MAN TAKE YOUR FUCKING MEDS MAN XD XDD

ok MAN

ok MAN

XD TAKE YOUR MEDS MAN XD TAKE THE FUCKING MEDS MAN.

MAN MAN MAN MAN XDX DXD XDD

باشه "مان

fuck off mudslime shitter, VOTE FOR TRUMP YOU CUNT

ترامپ ۲۰۱۶

OH FUCK

IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/into-new-animated-horizons-r194/

HOLY FUCK

RIP KERBAL

>implying people will notice or care

Our glorious Lord and Savior MAN was right!

THE PARADIGM IS ENDING!

JUNE 16TH

burd how many days are left? 1? or 0?

TRUMP 2016

DEPORT THE SCHIZOS

If everybody jumps ship a week apart, no one will notice right?

the entire old fanbase is now mobilized. We grow stronger with every defection.

>mental illness posting
>2016

take your meds

youtube.com/watch?v=EgIVnvunLuQ

this could be so cool but its narrated by fuciing scott malkink

fuckign fuck hi mfuck hs smu gfucking shitty voice fucking ruin fucking EVYERHUINT it sounds so fucking SMUG the whoke fucking time what he fuckj like if it was narrated by fucking AN|ONE else it wouldk be fine bu the sounds so fucking ridiculois you just know he ufickng sat t her eiwth his fucking bald fucking face
;lkiek it is so fcuking uncessary to even hav e anarrot rand it had to ne this fucking cungt Scott Manley is the Astronogamer - a rare fusion of gaming and science in one powerful combination. Able to deliver astonishing scientific facts while flying, or crashing digital simulations of spacecraft. WHY THE FUICKI S HTIS ALLOEWED LOL

#MANiswinning

>see samwell scene start
>skip said samwell scene
>save sixty seconds
smart

Plop.

>another samwell scene
>it's even longer
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>samwell scene ends
>maisie scene starts
JDIMSAF

Rat = squad
Snek = KSP fanbase

Rat = MAN
Snek = medsposts

chinks in spess

>medsposts
you mean the pure cancer the forum defense force is flooding the thread with because he was right about everything?

Take your meds.

Take your memes elsewhere.

MAN loses its mind.

MAN predicts the future.

MAN can read your thoughts.

MAN can control time.

MAN is ___________________

______a_____

Which episode?

s6e6

i'm already spoiled and i don't care anyway so save yourself a memepost

>meme
That wasn't Arya. She looks and acts completely different, and most tellingly she doesn't have Needle. Jaqen is trying to frame waif as a shitty assassin who won't even give Arya a chance. Also, that Faceless Man who sacrificed himself for her last season. They wouldn't do that and then just murder her anyway.

strawpoll.me/10436121

Bump the fuck out of this

youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

The sound of a cat purring is nice

Hullo