Cognitive Training App Question

I've developed an app that can increase your IQ by 10 points in 12 weeks for 15 minutes a day.

Does other good stuff like increase memory, attention, focus and inhibition-control as well. May also help with addiction, brain damage, dementia, ADD/ADHD and other neurological conditions.

Needless to say, it is a panacea for the mind and this is all backed up by 70 years of peer reviewed scientific studies.

Question is, how much would you be willing to spend on this app? $1, $2, $5, $10, more?

Willing to give away promo codes if anyone is interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

redprincegames.com/p/tappy-memo.html
livescience.com/52100-brain-training-games-appear-less-effective-than-exercise.html
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RedPrinceGames.TappyMemo
support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3422659?hl=en-AU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kneepasd

>Does other good stuff like increase memory, attention, focus and inhibition-control as well. May also help with addiction, brain damage, dementia, ADD/ADHD and other neurological conditions.

Cool story bro.

Peer reviewed studies available. Read the research.

I'm interested, is it going to be the same kind as the Dr.Kawashima series on Nintendo DS?

No.
livescience.com/52100-brain-training-games-appear-less-effective-than-exercise.html

Nice first troll kiddo.

These are not backed up by science and are not hard cognitive training systems. They may confer small benefits, but it is no where near the benefit the N-back system confers on users.

The 'Brain training' most apps offer is a scam. They are not based on cognitive science.

My app is backed by hard science, peer review and exhaustive studies.

I should have added the link in the OP.

Here it is for anyone that is interested.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RedPrinceGames.TappyMemo

The answer depends on the gameplay. Show me your gameplay otherwise I will buy an established n-back app

I'm working on some videos. Thank you for your input.

>My app is backed by hard science, peer review and exhaustive studies.
If a reputable set of universities peer reviewed your app - or something close to it - you're likely treading into IP issues by going off on your own and developing it without giving them a kickback.

(And I find it implausible that you'd have people do fucking peer review and yet not do a survey of non-Veeky Forums people to figure out how much they'd pay)

Actual scientist here
I'm sure that you can con quite a few people into this but this is full of shit.
This game is NOT peer reviewed, and at best is only supported by studies. I highly doubt its efficacy however.
Your appeal to authority is baseless.

Not that I'm against doing anything to improve the populace, they all just lay around watching tv for the most part which is depressing. But if this did what you claim you could sell it as medical treatment for a lot more money

>pay $3.49
I'm fucking Jewish. I might actually buy it though, if my stocks perform better.

Also, did you major in Cog Sci? Thinking of making the switch. I am interested in AI and UX with mobile phones, so I figured Cog Sci is a better option that Ling/CS. Though Ling/CS offers more programming classes. Thoughts?

OP, look at this. Your game may attempt to implement the N-back system or whatever, but have you had it reviewed and found that it successfully implements the principles and has the effects of the system?

I would like a promo code

i would be willing to pay $2 for it

also, what about them promo codes

I'd pay about 10-15 USD if it was good and I could try a demo. But I'd like a promo code.

I was referring to studies about N-back. They are peer reviewed, my app is not.

I did however get an organisational Psychologist to have a look at it and he said it worked better than traditional N-back.

That is what I mean't. Supported by peer reviewed studies.

I majored in Management and Communications. I stumbled onto Cognitive Science when I was a Naval Officer. It helped me get through bridge training.

It doesn't matter what you study, as long as you enjoy it and get a good grade point average. I started out in Computer Science and I'm now working in the field of Cognitive Science. Very few people get into the field they studied for.

It's better than traditional N-back. I had it reviewed by an organisational psychologist who sells N-back systems to government.

The difference is my Tappy Memo system requires the subject to both indicate when the stimulus has changed and when it hasn't. This increases memory loading and difficulty of the task. If you can get up to 10 back in N-back, you will barely manage 5 back in Tappy Memo.

Thank you for your input.

Here are some codes

PZVTL1HXTSJG6G4T3JMPY6C
ARAL48BA95LXDKRVBE1JWAB
MRUGUPEB0T2DNY7RZFDPW8A
E18DRT2Q3FHPN8R7WVMFABJ
HW01UM6SZ00FRJWZWZNG6U7
1DZ9G8BPBF8BF4JY0RRDL3M

how do i input the code?

support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3422659?hl=en-AU

>support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3422659?hl=en-AU

danke, komerade

Zero. I'm too lazy to spend 15 minutes a day playing an app.

Lack of motivation can be a difficult thing to diagnose. Diet, hormonal levels, physical and mental activity all play a part.

I can only recommend seeking professional help. A blood analysis is often a good way to start, that will tell you how your body is doing. The rest is just eliminating one possible cause after another until you find the answer.

That being said, if your lack of motivation is caused by depression, my app may be able to help in that regard.

There are peer reviewed studies that show playing N-back can alleviate symptoms of depression.

Dude, dude, this guy just called.
He said he Dr Kawashima or some shit.
Said he lend you his Nintendo DS and some Sudoku games back in 2006 or some shit.
Said you can keep it you don't steal his business idea.

>play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RedPrinceGames.TappyMemo
>installs 1-5
kek

op your game sucks.

the tutorial is like ancient heiroglyphics and the font is infuriating.

i played a couple games and i had no idea what you wanted. first it was literally just tapping the same number that just popped, then i got some variation of simon says? i don't know, like i said, the "tutorial" was pure garbage.

Level 0 is zero steps back. You literally just tap the number you see.

Level 1 is one step back. You tap the number one step back, or the X if the stimulus is not the same.

Level 2 is two steps back. You tap the number two steps back, or X if the number is not the same.

Level 0 to 2 is just diagnostic. Most people in their 60s will have trouble with 2 back.

Level 3 to 4 is adequate challenge for students and people from 20s to 30s.

The sequence is a constant randomly generated number series.

For example:

1 5 3 6 5 7 3 1 6 7 3 6 4 3
---
Is one back.

------
Is two back.

---------
Is three back.

And so on.

Another way to visualise it is in chunks.

For 3 back.

1 4 6
X
1 4 7

Edit: Veeky Forums doesn't read ticks. I'll use O for correct.

> Another way to visualise it is in chunks.
> For 3 back.
> 1 4 6
> O O X
> 1 4 7 X O X
> 2 4 8 O X X
> 2 5 7

yes, i'm familiar with n-back games. i already have one on my phone. until yours is comprehensible, i'm just going to stick with the one that works.

If it is not too much trouble could you please indicate which other N-back game you use?

Also, what do you think would be a better way to show people how to play them game?

Thanks.

why should i pay for your app instead of searching the google play store for N-back and download one for free?

>implying you can raise your IQ

Mine is more efficient and more difficult. It also trains multiple types of working memory at once, where as other N-back apps only focus on one type of working memory.

The reason I created it was because other N-back apps on the app market didn't do what I needed them to do, so I made my own.

You can.

Education, age and training can all increase IQ.

Thx for the gift code mang. Interestingly enough it didn't ask for any permissions. Is the gift code forever btw, and can you see who installed the app?

btw the ui is stylish but a bit hard to read, and looks a bit dated now that everything uses flat design.

Your claim that it can improve iq is not proven. Luminosity has to pay 500million because of the same claim

How is level 2 supposed to work? I thought I read the tutorial properly but I guess not

Oh, right, nevermind, i'll give that a go

Promo code is forever. It didn't ask for permissions because the app doesn't access anything on the phone. I wanted to make it as clean as possible. No adds. No permissions.

Thanks. I rethinking a way to design it now and make it more modern based on what other anons said.

N-back is proven in various studies. Luminosity misrepresented its products.

N-back is the real deal when it comes to cognitive training and is used by many government and professional organisations. N-back is also much more difficult than 'brain games' offered by other companies... hence why so many anons have complained about the gameplay in this thread.

N-back is not easy. When I first started I could hardly do 3-back. I wouldn't expect untrained people to do more than traditional single 4-back. I can personally do 16-back on traditional n-back and up to 7-back on Tappy Memo.

Tappy Memo is MUCH harder than traditional n-back because it has higher memory loading - which is a unique feature I developed myself and you won't find on any other N-back app.

If you would like to read about the science of N-back I've written extensively about it here

I need to apologise. I tried really hard to make an easy to understand tutorial, but based on the difficulty of the game I think nothing less than a video will suffice.

I will continue to work on the app and improve it.

Based on feedback from this thread and my own research I have decided to re-design Tappy Memo to be a free app with in-game purchases for duel-, triple-, quad- and quint- back. It will take a few weeks to redesign and implement, but I thank you all for your input.

If anyone else wants codes just ask.

I personally truly believe in the efficacy of N-back and I use it myself every day. I have no doubt that it has improved my cognitive abilities. But remember, cognitive training is like going to the gym, you don't fit after one session.

I think your earlier explanation is alright, but it seems a bit odd it uses sequences of three at a time to explain the level, even when in the actual game it only changes by 1 number at a time.

I started with 374 and had the following inputs which were: 3, x, 4, 3, x, x, 3, x (wrong), 4 (wrong), 3, 7, x, x, x,

as far as I'm aware, 3 was always the 3rd number back but that must be a misunderstanding

Also, I'm sure ingame purchases work for those gacha games but im not sure how it'll fly with people interested in self-improvement

The actual explanation for N-back is like pic related.

It's just a long sequence like this where you remember x numbers back.

1 4 6 3 6 3 2 5 7 3 1 5 6 8 2 4 7 8 3 5 7 1 4 7

This works fine for 2 or 3 back. But once you get to 12 back it is inefficient to think of it in those terms. I abandoned this method once I started going up to 6 back.

Hence why I've created a system that skips a step and chunks the numbers together for the player.

For example:

6 back

Memory Sequence
1 4 3 6 7 4

Beginning of N-back sequence (where o is a number match and x is not a match)
1 4 5 3 7 5
o o x x o x

Previous sequence is new memory sequence
2 4 5 7 7 3
x o o x o x

So the sequence actually looks like this:
1 4 3 6 7 4 | 1 4 5 3 7 5 | 2 4 5 7 7 3

But my app has pre-sorted the chunks so instead of remember x numbers back you are remembering a chunk and comparing it to the next chunk. Different method, same result.

This is the recommended method for conscious n-back, but there are other strategies.

I should also add, there are multiple strategies you can use.

Tappy Memo has multiple stiimuli, spatial, colour, sound, number, geometric.

If you have particularly high musical intelligence (or wish to develop your auditory memory) just ignore the numbers and listen to the sounds. I can manage up to 5 back on sound alone. I create a tune in my mind and update it on each chunk.

Another strategy is colour. Memorize the colour positions, they are based on the hue system so the warmest colours are on the top and the coldest on the bottom. (I can't do this, but with training it is possible)

Another strategy is using spatial positions. Remember the positions of the stimuli like pieces on a chessboard and update as necessary.

A personal strategy I have developed recently is geometric pattern storage. I gather stimuli into chunks of three and create a triangle. This works for all n-back with factors of 3. 3, 6, 9 and so on. All I need to remember is the spatial position of a triangle and update it as necessary. You can mix this strategy with others. Like a triangle with a tune, or triangle with a number (in the case of 4 back - triangle 6 - triangle 2) and so on.

The final and most difficult strategy is unconscious N-back. For this method you clear your mind and just watch the numbers. Let your unconscious guide your choices to develop an intuitive working memory. This is what I train currently and which gives best long term results. Delegating to the subconscious gives your conscious more working space and requires less concentration.

Cool man, you should definitely put this info in the app. Get rid of the odd techy fonts, and the shadows which make the buttons look inset. Use a flat design and clean fonts and icons, clean up the tut and that'd be awesome as hell

So in other words, just a ripoff of N back.

N back can be found for free on the app store as it is.

Your only way to make money on this is through marketing as there is a free option available.

Your App looks like shit, there is no way i'd ever pay anything for it.

Implying innovation is not just ripping off old ideas

>autistic-tier
wouldn't use even if it was free

Fucking saved

I've been working on a re-design.

This is a mock-up of the new menu. There is some back-end stuff I still need to do, but it should be done soon. I'm also adding a new memory game called Intensio, which is a derivative of Concentration.

I'll drop a re-design of the game later as well, for comparison.

Thank you for your criticism and advice.

And this is the redesign of the N-back game view.

I'm planning on having single-back as free to play, with customisation options (background, buttons, stimulus, etc.) for 0.99c in app purchase.

Also planning on adding a derivative of duel, triple, quad and quint back as in app purchase options each for 0.99c.

Intensio will be a similar model with the base game free to play and more advanced options and harder difficulties for in app purchase.

I will create a video tutorial based on feedback that will, hopefully, be easier to understand.

There's a free app for that.
It's called Luminosity.
I would never pay for your app when I can get it for free.

In-app purchases. Do it.

God why does everyone call Lumosity Luminosity? REEEEEEEE

>name an app that's easily mistakable
>somehow it's the user's fault

Lumosity games are pathetic and will do nothing for your cognitive abilities.

As another user pointed out, Lumosity has been fined multiple times for misleading advertising and misrepresenting their products. Their games do not work, because they are not based on cognitive science.

The Lumosity version of N-Back is useless for anyone under the age of 30.

My app uses a unique derivative of N-back which I developed myself which is harder and more efficient at cognitive training.

You won't find it anywhere else.

To add.

I will have a new version out by next week.

Until then, here are some more promo codes.

VU9GZV0USB674NE0RKWZVDA
HKC4F9XE0BNSH0BDTSJH1T5
SNT0AFTXAQMJ3T7A8A4XKS5
M7EHJK6229ZALV7NV8ZW2VC
6JVCR7G12RA5C2DP6LAK8A3
V6A0R2EPN1NQH2NQ0KF1CWP
WLZDPESYRT33FF6ZV5B289Z
PU5TZRRKQUEW4K4VL6VEHGT
WZ58QMHV4UEB5MUL1FV8EDR
JSYDSHQPXJEV61QEFM93SSD
FXC37EV32XT8U6A1HT71D08