/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

5 AM ded Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news
Dark Brotherhood DLC is out on PC, and coming June 14th to Xbox One and Playstation 4!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/05/31/dark-brotherhood-is-now-available-on-pc-and-mac
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/the-cube/what-should-we-expect-to-see-at-bethesda-s-e3-conference-an-analysis-3a0fae79baf5#.v2afsbkob
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
youtu.be/N2VyHGU4500
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hi

lol I made a thread 3 minutes later

casual as fuck

>already has champion points
vet get out! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

It's been 6 hours, what are the chances? it's like when no one posts for an hour and then two posts come within 5 seconds.

Hi :)

it's like playing spot the difference between casu-els and more serious players

>points into all 3 attributes
>looks to be a stam sorc, but has more mag than stam
>skellington
>the weapon crit

have i found everything?

Any anticipation for E3 tomorrow?

> Play tank
> Do daily in Orsinium
> We're just 3 ppl
> Say we should give it a go
> Get told we'll get our ass kicked in
> Say I'll try anyway
> They say they'll be around but it's suicide
> Clear everything up until the world boss with no problem even tho it isn't very fast
> The other ones join by that time
> Healer comments that I manage to solo up to that point
> "Impressive :)"
Damagedealers are missing out

Isn't Bethesda having their show June 12?

a dps can do the same thing faster

>changes to annulment make it block all damage
>finally unlocked harness magicka
>still no conjured ward so basically didn't use any wards before
>now can finally ward it up
I think I'm starting to feel that survival shield sorc feel now :3

aaaand it's gone.

Why did I get a bunch of attribute points and skill points after the update?

nah, the short duration doesn't bother me actually
I never got used to the longer version
also when I got bursted by a vet sorc a few times in a row I realised that I have lots of magicka and some instant cast abilities to spend it on - it's fun using a shitload of spells in a few secs and see enemies wondering where they hp has gone :^)

get that 1k of ult and just spam overload, top sorc meta

Best race for a stamplar?

can somebody explain the concept of champion points to an eso newfag? is it kinda like destiny's light GS?

>Those stats

FUCKING CASUALS GET OUT

post real man stats

You look like a retard

None. Go magicka templar instead

Anyone?

what is the most popular>least popular class order?

is it this?

1. DK
2. Temp
3. NB
4. Sorc

1. Sorc
2. Templar
3. NB
4. DK

PVE DPS wise.

With the removal of veteran rank and 16 veteran levels, level 50 being the max level now, they decided to spread out the stats and skillpoints so you get them from level 1 to 50 instead, 2 points every 5th level and 3 points every 10th level.

Redguard.

Or Khajiit for the Crit %, if you're willing to be completely team reliant on sustain.

Are you on the US server? Because in EU it's the exact opposite when it comes to what classes people play, with DK being in the top and sorc in the bot.

Post real grill stats

US, yes. In my PvE guild i'm literally the only dedicated Mag and Stam DK DPS. The DKs I only ever see are either our guild tanks, terrible pugs or insane maelstrom dagger monsters.

Oh, I see, will mobs be easier then?

>weapon damage that high
How

Mobs in non-veteran areas are surely the same as before. In veteran area they scale by CP now. I noticed that the two NPCs I always kill while thieving in Rawl'kha have more hp after the update; went up from 17k to 21k. So veteran area mobs may be a bit buffed.

Gold weapons w/ gold weapon damage enchant, Hunding's, Kena 2-piece, agi set with full weapon damage enchants, weapon power potion and 501CP.

It could be 200-ish higher if I had daggers with a weapon damage 2-piece bonus, like Leki's, but I crafted Nightmothers before I farmed the Kenas (all that farming when I could have bought them in cyro fuck me), and I cba spending 150k on new daggers.

god this quest was fucking stupid

Bangkorai in general is one of the worst areas for quests in my opinion.

Yeah a lot of them have been awful, not just in terms of writing but design
The entire one with Hermaeus Mora was ridiculous, so much fucking running around

medium.com/the-cube/what-should-we-expect-to-see-at-bethesda-s-e3-conference-an-analysis-3a0fae79baf5#.v2afsbkob

Hmm

what a faggot

So what DLC is even next?

Clockwork City most likely

holy shit horrible stats, fix your God damn attribute points casual

gold weapon enchant? what a waste

Weapon enchants only scale with the quality of the item on dropped gear. I crafted the daggers so I had to use gold enchants, unless I wanted lower stats, which I don't.

Anyone know where I can find the latest weapon damage calculations? I'm trying to make my tank character a little faster to level and everything I'm finding is old enough to be incorrect.

He's so wrong I don't know where to begin.

This is add thing but I'd love if you would make some sort of schematics in the game, being allowed to see what your gear will look like before you craft it. Because those tiny icons are useless.

the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/

I'm not talking about them being gold, I'm talking about it being a weapon damage enchant, such shit

Are you serious?

Weapon damage enchants are and have always been the preferred main hand enchant, as for PvE DPS they are by far the biggest damage increase.

I have no idea why you think they are less efficient than other enchants, let alone shit.

I just grouped up with a guy that had 2711 CP

Anyone know of a good provisioning addon? I'm looking for something to held me optimize my production.

Sous chef is a provision add-on, can't remember what it does

CraftStore is a all-in-one crafting odd to help you manage, get a better overview and streamline all sorts of crafting.

what is the most wanted build for group dungeons?

I agree I'm casual as fuck and my build sucks, I'm using 1 bar for stam and another for magicka. Can anyone help me I want for both to work what sets should I use and where should I invest points?

Pick either stam or mag.

You can't be good at both.

Vvardenfell.

When you say 'I want both to work' what do you mean exactly? You want to play something that uses stam AND magicka and works well? Also what style of play are you looking for? It's actually possible to use stam/magicka mixed (to a degree) builds but they're usually aimed at tanking or survivability. There's a couple of high armor sorc builds that have come out the woodwork since the shield patch that are heavy armor centric and generally revolve around having reasonably balanced pools (generally more magicka based with and and aimed at having higher spell than weapon damage).

>There's a couple of high armor sorc builds that have come out the woodwork since the shield patch that are heavy armor centric and generally revolve around having reasonably balanced pools (generally more magicka based with and and aimed at having higher spell than weapon damage).

Should note that this is generally for PvP.

This, I actually just use magicka for tanking hits using boundless storm, and hardened ward, then I use lightning flood for AOE. I basically just want to be able to cast these but have mostly everything on stamina since I use a dual wield on one bar and two handed on another bar mixed with magicka.

>youtu.be/N2VyHGU4500

Above is a link for a PvP based survival/tank build that I saw on the forum the other day. Looks interesting even though is does have a fucking pet (though I haven't tried them out for a while desu) and I've got fuck all else to do on my sorc so may give it a bash. He's still more magicka/spell focused but with decent stam and uses a sword and board on one bar and a destro staff on the other. One of the advantages is that you're able to go for Willpower jewelry without having to get arcane (which usually cost a fuck ton). The only thing that'll take a bit of effort is the Black Rose set though there may be alternatives for this sort of build.

I've no idea what the state of tank Sorcs is in PvP save for the fact that the shield nerf will inevitably mean that they'll need to change tactics/build. Sorcs weren't exactly great tanks before the DB patch anyways. Shields will not be just quick use for any big incoming damage that you can't avoid rather than throwing them up all the time.

>I've no idea what the state of tank Sorcs is in PvP

Meant PvE

That follow the streetlamps quest in wayrest was a lot of fun

I took the money

Thanks bud I'll give it a try, right now I'm using an all purple mix of 3 sets, using the briarheart set, sithis, and the 2 piece bloodspawn set. Not even going to lie might keep this set going, since it heavily keeps my alive and the sithis set is the only one I might replace since I'm only getting 4 of its bonuses. I'm working with around 310k of gold so I can't afford the expensive gold set pieces.

Dunmer is a QT!

CookeryWiz is the best for provisioning.

You can queue any amount of different recipes anywhere. The queue is saved if you quit the game. Cook when your at a cooking fire. Stop cooking and continue again at will.

It shows all recipes that exist. Filters recipes by unknown/known/quality/level/text search/favorites. Three favorite categories to save recipes into.

It's most useful when buying ingredients at a guild store to cook. Look at what's for sale while looking at your recipes. Buy ingredients and set a queue for them to be cooked. Now you don't need to remember what the ingredients you bought were for, just go to a cooking fire and start cooking after redeeming the stuff from your mail. If you're buying thousands of ingredients at once and cooking them all for selling to vendors then this is the only way.

Looks like they're planning on making it as big as Orsinium. I like.

Housing will be in Q3

how long does the weapon buff last? did it get buffed or something?

yea a few hundred have over a thousand CP and a handfull have the max 3600

Really? They go to 3600?

Where could you even put all those points?

Same as always, 5 seconds on a 10 second CD.

You don't get points after 501.

bump

You mean, you don't get to put out points after 501

Ah, so it's like that.

I wish there were little caves to explore without quest or purpose, like in Morrowind.

try delves? they pretty much fucking pointless cookie cutter shit caves, you'll love 'em, they have like little item started quest in them but that about it, they only real reason to go is run halfway through to grab the skyshard and then fuck off again.

Okay, /tesog/ sell me on teso. What makes it stand out?

Everything you're heard about it is false.

Should really have a detailed explanation for these questions in the OP or something.

I know them, there's also a small boss at the end, but they're all the same and too big.

But I've heard nothing except that it's good but not exceptional. If you play the game then sure you can tell me more? Just generally how does it compare to other big titles?

It's the only MMO i've played.

The combat system, flexibility among classes and abilities and PvP is the most fun I've ever had in a mmo. There's a siege at this very moment that have lasted hours on the EU PC server on the non-champion points campaign, between the pact and the covenant. The winners will probably be the ones who go to bed earliest. If you like the lore in Elder Scrolls there's a lot of it in ESO.

> The winners will probably be the ones who go to bed earliest.
The losers, obviously.

Things i like about eso:
>leveling
Of course its quest running and such, but there is more exploration and freedom then any mmo i've played.
>classes
as unbalanced as they are, you still have so much freedom in doing your build. There are the "min/max" builds but if you play like a sane person and build what ever the fuck you want it gives you the tools for that. Think skyrim, but not as free
>pvp
once again unbalanced when it comes to classes, but it still is the most fun i've had since i first started pvping in mmos
>quests in general
every quest is voice acted, and they are pretty innovative. Best ones i've tried so far are the thieves guild ones and i havent even touched most of them.
>combat
its simple and somewhat unique but still nice

cant really give an opinion on trials(raids) or dungeons since i've only tried 2 dungeons so far(im lvl50 cp41).
If you don't need mmo to be polished from top to bottom and can overlook a few bugs here and there then its mmo for you.

Cheers, guys. Sounds a lot like GW2 when people tried to get me in and I loved that game. I'll probably give it a try as soon as I have some spare cash.

check OP for good prices

They'd better not fuck it up but I anticipate it'll suck. I actually want housing to be fairly limited (not some shit like instanced housing for all) and actually have some proper customisation for both interior and exterior. I also want it to actually be in a place out in the world and not just plonked in 'housing area 501' or some shit. That said I'd be fine with instanced 'districts' that are limited in number but can actually look different from one another. You could also throw in some 'tavern rooms' or apartments for less limited housing so everyone can have a personal little space they can customise and pleb about in.

There's shit loads of depopulated cities/towns after we've finished questing so it'd be neat if they actually used those. Take somewhere like Camlorn for example, it's a big space that does fuck all after you've done the quests there. Why not have the option of repopulating it after you've cleared it out? I also hope we get shit like player run shops (not just the guild traders) and that sort of thing.

you mean BWB? that feel when played like 7 hours today and got myself to the top ten the first time :3

Nah, Azura's star.

Thieves guild quests ain't half bad

It's fun in BWB because I get that cosy feel. When I log in there in AD I often see familiar faces farming AP and yelling in chat.
>Tfw got 6 in the leaderboard today
>Tfw AD as usual raped in the ass and pushed into their innermost keeps
Still fun :3

bump

This champion point thing is a real boon to those of us with lots of alts. In addition to my main, I have a number of abandoned characters I didn't want to spend the time to level, a lvl 50, a lvl 46, a lvl40, and a lvl 19.

I wish it was shared between servers...

It is. It's great because levelling alts won't be a pain in the ass anymore. You're never really losing progress by playing on an alt. Before I didn't want to level an alternative charather. But after the changes I'm considering making alternatives because why not.

Azura is skewed enough that it's essential the pact fighting on two fronts against the two other alliances, it's fairly rare you see daggerfall vs aldmeri forces battling it out.