/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 8th:
218 – Battle of Antioch: With the support of the Syrian legions, Elagabalus defeats the forces of emperor Macrinus. He flees, but is captured near Chalcedon and later executed in Cappadocia.
632 – Muhammad, Islamic prophet, dies in Medina and is succeeded by Abu Bakr who becomes the first caliph of the Rashidun Caliphate.
1042 – Edward the Confessor becomes King of England, one of the last Anglo-Saxon kings of England.
1940 – World War II: The completion of Operation Alphabet, the evacuation of Allied forces from Narvik at the end of the Norwegian Campaign.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698748612
steamworkshopdownloader.com/
moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-iron-3-modern-warfare/images/portrait-example#imagebox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Hitler on suicide watch

Axis is so bad in this game it's not even funny

FLAG AND NAME MOD WHERE?

buy the game and look at the steam workshop, theres plenty mods out right now for both

Here

Do you literally sit here all day to create the thread early and post your shitty meme?

Looks historical to me.

How did the Swiss manage to stay neutral but no Belgium?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698748612
changes nations names to their native endonyms, also changes some of the stupid names like empire of platypuses
(hopefully you're asking for hoi4 mods)

t. Johan

Does Mosley have unique portrait in HoI4? What is it?

Germany could not invade switzerland even if they wanted to

proper name lad, Yugoslavia should be Kingdom of Yugoslavia, the namechange was passed with the dissolution of the constitution in 1929

Can some codefag make some alternate code for downloading files directly from the workshop.

I bought the game for god's sake and the workshop behaves weird.

Me on the right
Yes, it is his face

(if you haven't already) pls buy hoi4

>just lost 5 maus divisions
>1500 tanks
>150 days of prime maus production gone
make it stop senpai

This should work for most gaymes: steamworkshopdownloader.com/
(((buy)))

Why is Hitler's face censored and what's with the stupid air system you can't even see air battles and why is the AI so retarded?

I already bought it, but I want the flag mod with orange white blue

yes exactly

buy my game

git gud

I already tried it, it doesn't work for any paradox game since cities skylines.

t. podcat

>demand slovenia
That's not even what happened, Hitler was literally just uber butthurt that yugoslavs didn't want to join the axis, so he invaded

never played HoI seriosly, so noob here who gave Hearts of Casuals a try with stupid questions:

any use for cavalary? why would i ever want to build em?
is there any bonus/malus to which row/column i put units in the division planner? is 2x2, 1x4, 4x1 the same?
for initial frontline coverage i like the auto setup, but any ways to disable the AI to move the units around after? i hate when strengthen one part for a push, then he strategically tries to redeploy units from there to drain the organization...
any ways to make easier to figure out where river crossings are? terrain mapmode?

Podcat is based

The Danzig Pocket has been reunited with Poland Proper, and now we push for Eastern Prussia.

Took from game files

Why is he so handsome

What the fuck do I do about these? Is the game railroaded to have West Germany in the west and East Germany in the east or should I give these their proper name also?

modern world mod when?

Nuke Berlin.

>any use for cavalary? why would i ever want to build em?
They're mobile like tanks, just without having to produce a shitload of tanks. Soviets in particular are quite fond of cavalry although this game can't portray that well at all.

You could also use them for getting rid of partisans if they spring up, although that was in HoI3. No idea how partisans and the like work now.

>any use for cavalary? why would i ever want to build em?

Cavalry is faster than leg infantry and consumes less supplies than motorized or armour divsions

>is there any bonus/malus to which row/column i put units in the division planner? is 2x2, 1x4, 4x1 the same?

No idea, looks the same to me

>for initial frontline coverage i like the auto setup, but any ways to disable the AI to move the units around after? i hate when strengthen one part for a push, then he strategically tries to redeploy units from there to drain the organization...

Deactivate the plan when your units are in place

>any ways to make easier to figure out where river crossings are? terrain mapmode?

look at the rivers

>Why is he so handsome
maybe cause you're a gay?

moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-iron-3-modern-warfare/images/portrait-example#imagebox

It's says hoi3 but the same guy is working on oone for hoi4 btw.

> any use for cavalary? why would i ever want to build em?
They have huge suppression, so add some MP to them and send them to fight resistance.
> is there any bonus/malus to which row/column i put units in the division planner? is 2x2, 1x4, 4x1 the same?
No bonus/mauls, but each column(regiment) can have battalions of one class, infantry(+towed art, AA, TD), mobile infantry(+mobile art, AA, TD) or armor(+armored AA, Art, TD), so plan them properly.
>any ways to make easier to figure out where river crossings are? terrain mapmode?
No(t yet).

>That feel when Germany fails to conquer Denmark and France for the third game in a row.

I feel like this game has some balance issues

wake me up

Why did this make me laugh so goddamn hard

can you explain this "t. (insert name here)" meme to me?

>1945
>Germany and Italy are fully conquered
>Japan is getting raped by US

treddit

t. reddit

I wonder how merkelreich will react?

treddit

Shoo reddit shoo

how many fighter does the average big nation in www2 have?

Anybody here working on a mod?

>look at the rivers
well thats my problem maybe im fucking blind, but with all the stupid coloring/effects/3Dshit and whatever going on sometimes its hard to find them. why isnt there an option for a flat no-nonsense map?

>Cavalry is faster than leg infantry and consumes less supplies than motorized or armour divsions
sure but it still seems a bit useless as a cheapo alternative since base speed 6 cav vs 12 moto vs 10 light tonks. it actually sucks in the area why i would want to use em

look at your intel and it gives you an estimation on how many divisions, ships, airplanes etc. a nation has

It's all over, I hope atleast they survive the trip there to somewhere safer

Anywhere in between 100 - 100000

The game is very balanced :^)

Here

/gsg/ what's the point of the trotskyite purge?

if he comes to power, there is no difference, if you purge him you gain exactly what??? get rid of that stupid modifier? I can just get rid of it by waiting for the trotsky coup, what is the fucking point?

someone please explain

>Convoys: 0/2347
They won't, m8, they won't.

Here. I'm de-memeing the game.

No convoys lad.

Get ready for the US to reverse engineer the shit out of your tanks once they're done with you

How the fuck did German industry boom that high at the end of the war?

doubt you're still here, but you might also want to look into the koei gs games like nobunaga's ambition and romance of the three kingdoms. I've not played them, but they seem pretty close to what you want.

does resistance have any effect till they rebel? cause i have the warning constantly that there are some provinces with high resistance, but they dont seem to do anything...

it can cause a civil war as I understand

so I looked into the game files and it turns out the coup will only fire after 1938 which makes the modifier quite penalising

so /gsg/ from a non-rp min/maxing perspective, what's better, purge or trotsky?

Desperate defense, for the majority of the war they didn't fully mobilize their industries.

I believe it's because Germany didn't fully mobilize until then

trotsky has leader traits,
Political Power factor: -15%
Justify War Goal time: +15%
Subversive Activities Upkeep: -30%

haven't tried it myself but maybe a civil war happens?

They only ever went to full wartime production in 1944, the autistic shits

Civil war in USSR costed me 1/2 of my army (they defected to the rebels and never came back) and 2/3 of my airforce, so yeah, in my second game I was happy to purge shit of them and execute my generals.

>Go to war vs most of the world
>Don't fully mobilize the industry

Really?

fuck, if I can't have it no one will

help this game is too hard

It was a policy to lower any dissent and increase civilian support.

They don't rebel at all, they blow the factories and infrastructure, cause attrition and reduce resources you get. Check your construction tab, it must be full of repair jobs in conquered provinces.

Germany didn't go into full wartime production until 1943 I believe, Speer took over and there was also a reassessment of what aircraft they should produce, Fighter production got a major jump up while bombers started to get the shaft.

They didn't need it, in the early war they were winning, you know

oh look useless traits

you'll be overflowing with PP anyway, it's basically instead of maxing out the government and diplomacy in january 1941 you do it in september 1941, big fucking difference

justify war goal time means nothing because once the world tension is high enough you get something like -90% anyway

subversive activities only applies to what? boost party popularity? because that's """"""""useful""""""""

if you start in 1936 you can have communist USA/turkey in 1943 instead of 1945, great... because that's useful, they won't join comintern anyway WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT

no, it says you'll get a civil war but later you get the option to "invite trotsky" and then have the coup instead,

see

A question about adding flags in: do you need to have the small and medium sized versions of the flags as well to put them into the respective folders? Or are the small and medium sized versions automatically generated once you start the game?

How viable is it to land my 500 strong army on mainland japan?
I have naval and air superiority.

Want to go fascist, but should I go for a popular coup or a internal coup?

>in 2 years America made more planes than Germany did through the entire war.

kek, nazis never had a chance.

well now i feel really dumb

>destroying Germany just in spite
Are you the real Hitler, m8?

see there's an event option where you can just have trotsky come take over, though the text/tooltips don't necessarily make sense

see event soviet.28 and just go up the chain

yes

civil wars can be brutal

Sounds like stupid overconfidence then

That's what I figured, internal then.

hello where is the swastika mod

Hmm what should I play next? Just finished a game as UK. (HoI IV)

steam workshop

lad, your stupid shit made my day

ireland

Hey reddit

>At the time of Speer's accession to the office, the German economy, unlike the British one, was not fully geared for war production. Consumer goods were still being produced at nearly as high a level as during peacetime. No fewer than five "Supreme Authorities" had jurisdiction over armament production—one of which, the Ministry of Economic Affairs, had declared in November 1941 that conditions did not permit an increase in armament production. Few women were employed in the factories, which were running only one shift. One evening soon after his appointment, Speer went to visit a Berlin armament factory; he found no one on the premises.

Holy shit you're right lads, thank you, I had no idea

what is the aftermath of this?