/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Thick pawns are best pawns edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.wiki.fextralife.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=9FXC4X-yMmg&index=2&list=PLN-MF4AXlw26R_1eY5R_ddqYPTHx78ijK
youtube.com/watch?v=qt4DIs4vXEw
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=dX-EoY0wBNI
youtu.be/-PQvY1-RcHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit, death got us in the end.

How did last thread die 8 minutes after last bump?
Did a mod kill it?

Have no idea. Just got back from exam session. And seeing that the last thread made only 17 posts, damn. Scary.

RIP /ddg/

anyone know a cool paladin armor, weapon and magick shield for mystic knight?
i want an armor that radiates a holy aura

how fucking thick, jesus penis

I like to layer Grand Surcoat, Royal Surcoat or Patterned Gambeson over heavier armor pieces armor

Capcom at the E3 when

I can't wait for the sequel of Dead Rising

Can't wait for a new pachislot.

Gryphic armor or Divine surcoat
Totem mace+Lustrous greatshield, but those are nontransferable online ur dragon rewards so it might take a while to get
There's also royal alms

Capcom develops Pachinko?

dragonsdogma.wiki.fextralife.com/

This is the first time in my life I see this wiki

Is it possible to swap models/meshes with mods?

>Dogma
>5 results

:3c

Model swapping is a thing, not hard at all.

oh my fucking god
I think I fucked up my whole character because of the stat growth thing
they should have really told you these kind of things early on in the game

you can never fuck up your character unless you leveled all magic attack classes and suddenly want to switch to play a physical attack class when there are barely any levels to gain from

gear compensates for stats a lot

the thing is i didn't even keep track of how many times I leveled up as an assassin, sorcerer, fighter, or mystic knight because i never knew such a thing existed
i bought this game 2 weeks ago and was having a blast, so i wanted to check out /ddg/ and i see the stat growth link in the OP
next thing you know, i'm googling and surfing gamefaqs about this shit about how you were suppose to level a mage from 1- 10 and grind the remaining with a sorcerer to play a magik archer optimally or some shit
feels like i wasted 53 hours and 109 levels on my character because my autism took over

>next thing you know, i'm googling and surfing gamefaqs about this shit about how you were suppose to level a mage from 1- 10 and grind the remaining with a sorcerer to play a magik archer optimally or some shit

no

>you were suppose to level a mage

absolutely not, this class has one of the worst stat growths in the game

If you do this your character will be a fucking glass cannon and you will need to load on curatives and defensive items, which take up quite a lot of inventory space and being anything but Light it's bad. You are supposed to level as evenly as possible in this game. Minmaxing your attack stat is wrothless.

Plus Magick Archer gets Magick Rebuffer/Magick Rebalancer, and you can carry some Demon's Periapts to compensate. Magick Archer also gets access to daggers (and Hundred Kisses) so it's a very competent physicial attack class too.

> suppose to level a mage from 1- 10 and grind the remaining with a sorcerer to play a magik archer optimally or some shit

Don't worry about it, it's gamefaqs and people who say you HAVE to min-max are clueless, specially for MA
With an upgraded BBI weapon you'll be OP as shit, no matter the stat growth

If you're going to min-max, do it later and leave it for a separate playthrough - you can use family share for separate saves, for now min-max your fun instead and play whatever you want to play

don't die

The OP's rear seems kinda strange. It does not seem right for some reason. Still pretty good model. I don't see how some people put time into making models look neat. I just pick a generic and roll with it.

r8 my arisen

those eyelashes

Can someone tell me what's the deal with PyreSaurians?
I've killed 150 on this character and at least 230 on my old one, doused them in water, frozen them, cut off their tail, reignited them, and I still can't get the 3rd star.
Same with the Bishop, I've killed him at least 30 times combined.
Should I have had all the kills on one character?

Pretty much every major company in Japan has their hands in Pachinko.

I know, I know about the whole Pachinko culture but I don't recall Capcom having Pachinko of their IPs

>but I don't recall Capcom having Pachinko of their IPs
Because it's fairly new and you don't know everything, faggot.

How's the music for DDO?

so-so, the rearrangements of old music like Imminent Triumph are nowhere near as good as the ones from DDDA

youtube.com/watch?v=9FXC4X-yMmg&index=2&list=PLN-MF4AXlw26R_1eY5R_ddqYPTHx78ijK

lmaoing @ u
youtube.com/watch?v=qt4DIs4vXEw

Pure trash like the rest of the game. Avoid at all costs.

>thick pawns
yes
e
s

So I built kind of a more melee focused mystic knight, but I still tend to use the Ruinous Sigil + Great Cannon combo a whole lot. I think I do fair enough damage, I'm pretty close to level 80 and I just beat Daimon for the first time in a few minutes.

But geez, I did so much more damage as other classes I almost think I'm doing something wrong. Any tips on being a mystic knight? (If it matters, my main pawn is a sorcerer and she definitely outdamages me by a lot.)

Abyssal Anguish, lets you hit multiple times with an attack

What a shame

Thanks for the advice, one more question though!

I presume for dark-aligned enemies that Abyssal Anguish wouldn't work well against, I should just not use it?

>my pawn gets ten rentals in a couple days

lol wut

I think the actual elemental damage is somewhat low, in any event you just hit a lot harder overall
Plus if you use great cannon it'll hit that much more too.

random hires? neat

>not even my sluttily dressed pawn gets hires much anymore
ded

I got a hire the other day that put a big 'ole smile on my face. The person even left a comment declaring her the finest warrior in his party. ;_; love you, mystery hire guy.

She's a low level pawn dressed like a normal person. Has my old pawn's full knowledge on almost everything so that might be why.

just updated
With a male arisen

youtube.com/watch?v=dX-EoY0wBNI

PC version crashes a lot trying to leave/enter Cassardis. I don't remember this on console.

Yeah I get a bit of crashing when using ferrystones to gran soren
weird

A break until the steam summer sale was suggested, so in about two weeks /ddg/ could return refreshed

What do you think?

I can never get codex torrents to work. They always give me a runtime error when I try to install the game so usually I just grab another pack but with dragon's dogma, codex is the only one.

I have all the visual c++ and .net frameworks, anyone know what could be fucking with me?

I guess there's still people that play though

Oh wow, someone actually hired my pawn. Let me know if Amaranth does anything especially dumb or is overly squishy. I've been debating putting a savior or better defense ring on her

Seems that way.

theres a couple other piratefags, maybe they'll swing by again

Ahhh, not very lucky punching cursed dragons in attempts to dragonforge my gear. I'm phenomenally unlucky with getting the final blow on the Ur-Dragon sooo...

So i'm going to start playing this until SMT Apocalypse arrives

Do the game makes some challenge if i wanna play it on hard or the most difficult way possible?, i already spent tons of hours soloing and co-op just for fun in MH4U, and people told this game it's something near the same

Also: pawns can provide help to the point they can be in sync with your moves and skills?, i kinda want to exploit this.

With a maxed out Virge of Madness (BBI level 3 Mace), you'll end up almost as strong as a Warrior with maxed out gear. That means you can almost as hard as Warriors do but with the much faster MK moveset. Combine that with Abyssal Anguish and you have some of the strongest possible melee DPS in the game, even more so if you self enchant with an elemental buff on top of it all (though it's easier to let a mage pawn do it since MK's self enchants are pretty garbage besides Abyssal Anguish).

Try using Strong Jungle instead of the cannons/sigils, it's basically a slightly weaker Sorc nuke. I find it to be a lot more helpful than the cannon when I roll with my melee MK. It also destroys Wraiths pretty easily, and can even take down Living Armors if you can time the casting right. Also great for stunlocking Dragons.

You should throw on physical attack as your third skill. Anything will do, just use whatever works for you. I usually go with full moon slash.

I don't think AA actually deals any elemental damage. Even if it does, it's not enough to affect anything so don't worry about it.

What class are you? Cursed Dragons are easy once you have a good method for dealing with them.

Hard mode is designed for people who is already familiar with the game and it's enemies, it was a DLC. Play normal until you feel comfortable enough to try Hard.

don't play on hard mode on your first playthrough.
enemies one shot you. its no fun for a first time player. definitely a NG+ thing

I have never crashed there. I crashed once in BBI and that's all, been playing since release.

xtranic ruined the general

>Strong Jungle
kek, meant Stone Jungle.

Hard mode just increases the damage enemies deal, their stagger resistance, and the stamina cost for you to use your skills. It's not really recommended for a first playthrough but it's doable if you're patient. It's supposed to be done on NG+ though.

>Also: pawns can provide help to the point they can be in sync with your moves and skills?, i kinda want to exploit this.
Sort of. Pawns are actually pretty dumb and can't do extremely specific things, but once you learn the AI system you can set them up to function pretty well and perform their roles fairly well. I'm not sure what you mean by exploiting it but I don't think the pawn system is as advanced as you're thinking it is. It makes more sense when you play the game and see how they work.

literally who

>Do the game makes some challenge if i wanna play it on hard or the most difficult way possible?
Hard mode makes things a lot harder to knock down(a big loss for warior), and enemy damage that'll make everything one-shot you at first, but you can adapt to the latter with some augments and stacking def

>Also: pawns can provide help to the point they can be in sync with your moves and skills?

They'll often do things like grappling an enemy for you to kill, but sorc pawns are the best for syncing skills
Sorcerer pawns will use the same spells as you, for the bigger spells
A circle should appear when it's possible to spell synch, you'll instantly charge up if the pawn had the spell nearly charged and vice versa
With bestiary knowledge and the right inclinations, pawns be as good as the AI allows it

People complaining about popular posters ruined it. who the fuck cares if they post with name or not, who the fuck cares about anything just contribute, chill and play the game.

But no, whiners can't shut the fuck up. And they whined until all those posters left and now we are struggling to keep this general alive.

Update notes about DDON
>Added a break system in addition to pulling and attacking weak points to remove monster enrage
>Monsters whose stamina has dropped to 0 in the air will immediately drop
>Clearing the new extreme mission gives a chance to give transparent clothing items for cape, hat, and under armor
>You can now carry more than 4 custom skills by toggling between them and switch between them on the fly by consuming some stamina

And then some skill changes. If i'm reading it right it means each class can now carry 8 skills

>leveled assassin for a long time
>want to play a sorcerer all a sudden
>stat growth fucked me over
WAKE ME UP

You can also see a demonstration of break here
youtu.be/-PQvY1-RcHc

>And they whined until all those posters left and now we are struggling to keep this general alive.
No, that's wrong.
General consensus was to let /ddg/ die for a little bit and return on first day of summer sale.

Living the dream

It's not bad if you goldforge a BBI weapon
Or start a pure sorcerer character on an alt save, with family share
Doing BBI as a sorc from lv10 is a blast

I'm pretty sure it means 8 skills now.
Still, they didn't mention if bosses stop raging after certain threshold, that is annoying as hell

Thanks, i guess i'll go warrior or assasin for first normal, i don't know if i could use a class based on Bow or Lance since those are my weapons of choice.

Also do i have to carry everything i loot and then put it in a storage safe just like Fallout? Plus could i lose it just like DaS or MH?. I have some bad memories of that, most of them thanks to MH.

Anyone know armor that would fit the looks of equipping a Bane Archistaff?
My sorcerer is female if that helps

You can always transfer items to your pawns, carrying less is very benefitial

if you lose somehow lose an important item, it can be repurchased at Black Cat

>Get transparent cape my first run
Aw yeah. Also they're in the random rewards so you can keep farming it after your first clear for the transparent stuff

how the fuck do i kill death as a sorcerer

Holy focused bolt

> you will never have a super cool general again
>raincoats will never pump out videos
>custom will never post thick
>effin will never cuhrazy the entire general
>howcometil will never science
>that guy who made weird pawns won't make scary pawns
>user won't ever post
A golden age at rest

>the PCfags finally got DD
>goldface is kill
>golden age is over
Pottery

go to bed sunlite

no

>guessed right again
HAH

You have won the right to hire his potatoes.

>it's the same guy
Do you print out my posts and study them to the letter or something? Who are you? Why do you do this?

oh my fucking god
i'll never get the sanguine stalk

I know your pain, Arisen.
Me and my collection of Dominion Claws know your pain.

Pawn training is a myth. Debate me.

I wish I could.
It was pretty disappointing to learn more about how inclinations work since that killed the magic and the idea that my actions could result in a very unique pawn.

Mercedes worst girl

No, that's Aelinore

Fuck's sake, guys...

I'm outside your window
I will become you

There is a mentally ill mod who does what you're suggesting, yes.

more like, dragon's dildma.

I didn't even know she was /ddg/'s, just randomly hired her from the rift.
Her skillset is perfect (didn't check the augments or inclinations). Anything you'd like gifted?