/gsg/ Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 8th:
218 – Battle of Antioch: With the support of the Syrian legions, Elagabalus defeats the forces of emperor Macrinus. He flees, but is captured near Chalcedon and later executed in Cappadocia.
632 – Muhammad, Islamic prophet, dies in Medina and is succeeded by Abu Bakr who becomes the first caliph of the Rashidun Caliphate.
1042 – Edward the Confessor becomes King of England, one of the last Anglo-Saxon kings of England.
1940 – World War II: The completion of Operation Alphabet, the evacuation of Allied forces from Narvik at the end of the Norwegian Campaign.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10431396
mediafire.com/download/cr6upg7blz89zf8/gsgmodv003.7z
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/for-gods-sake-take-the-nazi-schlager-songs-out-of-the-game.943244/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batumi_Oblast
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

pls respond

is there a stacking penalty for navy?
is it best to build full inf divisions in early game so you can spam many divisions?

I tried to make a thread but I got the notice "error, duplicate file exists here" Do I have to edit the image for it to work?

Cheat.

Should I just doomstack my navies in HOI4 or is there some deeper strategy to naval warfare?

>Americans perform weekly naval invasions up and down the Mediterranean

Arumba

strawpoll.me/10431396
strawpoll.me/10431396
strawpoll.me/10431396

doomstack + search and destroy

This is for the user who requested help on a colourised Stanley Baldwin portrait. Feel free to use it in the /gsg/ mod for the 1936 start (which is what I assume you were using it for).

I don't actually own HOI4 so if someone finds any problems with it let me know and I'll try to fix them.

mfw there's no support attack in hoi 4

Yeah, but you could have just placed a pixel of a different colour in a corner.

sayonara fuckers

The biggest problem with that is the fact that patrolling ships and lack of naval superiority doesn't seem to stop them at all. I send my navy to patrol the sea zone they are invading from, they just keep invading. Days after days, weeks after weeks and my navy doesn't care - Whoops looks like you're getting invaded my friend.

Need to specifically set my ships to convoy raiding to stop it. I mean come on, my fleet has like 120 ships patrolling in 3 fleets. I think a naval invasion in area with radar coverage near my coast isn't that hard to find and stop the fuckers.

You don't need to doomstack unless you're against an enemy with a huge doomstack and you have no planes.

Original colourizer here. It's sexy af user, may memes and money be forever on your path.
Could I also get a .png pls?

HOI IV in the archive when?

>mfw no /gsg/ HOI4 mod link in the OP post
you dun fucked up OP

Yeah, it just caught me off guard so in the end I didn't make the thread
>mfw the infopic has a shitton of random MSpainted pixels by now

What do you lads want added to Hearts of Iron 4 in content patches and expansions?

Hear some people complaining but none actually contributing ideas. Note: I do love this game

Is there a mod that changes every portrait to Willy for HoI4?

You only need to change the filename you know? It can't actually recognize if it's the same image.

>Joined: Mar 31, 2016

ALPHA here, I have just added massive changes from v002, v003 should be up within minutes. I have added new music to the game, which feels much better.

What is an ok fleet composition ?

but I did?
I called it 'infopic'

What changes?

Kaiserreich when?

I want an AI that defends its coasts and I want bigger attrition penalty for low infra desert areas. I'm getting real tired of having to fight Brits in the Sahara desert. There is nothing there, just leave it the fuck alone.

Basically I changed nearly all of the Axis music, the opening music and I tinkered a bit with Italy's national unity and party popularity to make it more realistic.

If you want support attack that will be 19.99.

Here you go man. If you've got any more requests let me know, I usually hang around the thread.

what are some essential EU4 mods?

Ctrl right click on the battle progress blob with the division you want support attacking selected. Or hover over that battle progress blob to see what the key is if I'm wrong.

uninstall.exe

Nth for this thread is created in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

>Female EU IV avatar

Fuck off nigger.

Lads, I'm playing Kaiserreich and Mitteleuropa has fallen to the Commune.

As Natty France, is there any hope to reclaim the homeland? All of Europe is commie outside of Russia and Carlist Spain, but they both dislike me.

The war just ended, but even if I attacked, I've got only 30 divisions to my name.

GSG MOD V003

GSG MOD V003

GSG MOD V003
Changelog: I replaced all of the Axis music to real life music and I changed the opening music. I also tinkered with Italy a bit.

DESCRIPTION:
This mod aims to provide a more historical and less 'flippant' experience to the game. Flags and country names are proper, so a change to communism or fascism will not yield a silly name for your country.

In addition, I have added plenty of new music to the game.

well there was another general with a filename named infopic.jpg at the time.

>zoom in on my divisions fighting in Africa
>suddenly sandstorm of out nowhere envelops my camera too

Pretty neat, thanks Paracocks.

Is anyone here able to make an extended Nazi march music mod that plays random march music like it already does? I just want more songs than the two.

I can provide a bunch of mp3s if necessary.

Wait, so you guys don't want to lead the "Empire of the Platypus" :^)

then I changed it to infopicture so that can't be it
but whatever, it doesn't really bother me anymore

Yes mate check out this mod
In addition to many other changes, it comes with a completely new axis playlist.

Willy

aaaaaaaaaaaand London has fallen thanks to these op divisions

a moment of silence please for the 5 divisions that died crossing the English channels

I should have taken more

Where to next?

Thinking of going my own way and ignoring Germany but get the feeling I'll regret it

Mod in goood old Stanley Baldwin, now that that kind user made a portrait.

Lad you released 002 just a few hours ago, are you going to pop out updates every hour?

>convoy raiding

That's the fucking mission you need to stop the invasions? FUCK YOU JOHAN

I'd established complete naval superiority in the fucking Mediterranean just to stop the Anglos from invading Rome every month

>I also tinkered with Italy a bit.
Do they still have the 40k tank?

/gsg/ mod on Steam when?

Why does Nicky the qt lead Canada

weird, maybe it's something that's on Veeky Forums only then.

Fuck off steamgroup

>Lad you released 002 just a few hours ago, are you going to pop out updates every hour?

No this is the last for a few days, I just realised how bad the vanilla axis music is so i replaced it all and decided to include it in my existing mod. V002 did not have the new music, V003 does. In my opinion, it makes the game far better.

Expect v004 perhaps on Saturday.

I only really changed the party popularity and national unity to make it more realistic, and the name is changed to 'Kingdom of Italy'

>/gsg/
>legal copies

When it's done

>1938
>Still hasnt invaded France

Neat. How do I go about adding more music to that? Does it select an .ogg at random when I throw them in there?
Well, it's probably not that easy, but share your secrets.

Can I get away with it? They just allied Britain. Fuck.

Yes, apparently that's how it works reliably. Makes no sense considering I've seen ships on patrol stop convoys too.

Patrol will probably stop them, but the chance of them finding the enemy convoy seems to be minuscule even tho they are literally invading my shit. I mean come on, radio was invented by that time. Think the fucking garrisons could radio in that "hey we are being invaded by some enemy forces can you take care of this?" I think that it's also fucked up how areas with ground radar coverage seem, to be completely dark to your naval forces.

The game needs serious fixing.

I'm not in the steamgroup. Don't use my mod if you don't want to, that's fine. But I haven't been in the steamgroup for months, and i was only ever in for one week.

I'm expecting Steam to crack down on the Swastika mods, so probably not for a while until it's safe for sure.

go to /Hearts of Iron 4/music and open the music.assets file. You cannot add new music in addition, unfortunately i believe you have to replace the files. To change what song plays, change the file part of the text to the filename of the song. Drop the music you want to put in in the /music folder as a .ogg. You cannot have any spaces in the filename or it will crash.

yes
t. johan

WEW LADS NO GERMAN DIVISION REQUIRED

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/for-gods-sake-take-the-nazi-schlager-songs-out-of-the-game.943244/

>For God's sake

What is with these Christnazis and their insistence on oppressing us smart atheist+'ers, our Judeo-Muslim brothers and all other religions I find interesting and exotic? G-d I just CAN'T....

Where are your arrows friend?

I added a little bit to the Berlin congress

Here's before

no arrows needed my friend

>376k
Not for long, lad.

FUCK OFF KING BILLY

Does the mod still use the Naval Flag for Japan?

They should have this flag IIRC

Also like the other user said, you should have Stanley Baldwin as the UK's leader in January 1936 and switch to Nev in May. You could even include some memery in the event about how he'll lead Europe to peace. Use this portrait

yes

AI is braindead

East vs West when?

But if no arrows are needed, surely the arrow complainers are wrong?

keked

So if you do not use the arrow battle plans shit in HoI4 your army is weaker than hen you do?

Share your best Division Templates, lads.

Do I need to reniforce my border with yugoslavs? Its fucking long...

I will be sure to change that in the next version.

in a panzer division, should I have more tanks, or more motorised? what ratio of which?

Not really

I dont even reinforce my borders because AI doesnt even attack. I left half of china empty as Japan and nothing happened while in war

All irregulars

BEHOLD
mini china

this is the division that beat Britain

>Prussian Constitutionalism

thanks user

And after

now Russia actually gets Kars like it should, and Eastern Rumelia is released as a satellite

I'll work on the 1900's in a bit, first I have to do some pop changes in the Caucuses according to this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batumi_Oblast

>63.4% Adjarian

wew

I also have to take into account the mass emigration of muslims before this census

If you're going with all flags being the civil ensigns then overwrite democratic Gyppoland over fascist and neutral. (though you might as well include a folder with alternate flags so that people could choose between civil ensigns only and mixing it up with army flags)

isnt it more efficient with 20 combat width?
Pretty sure yo uget a penalty for goving over it,
and it lets you cover more area and you could just use 2 divisions per province if you really want the oomph.

Do you do this for HPM or is it a separate mod?

if you want you can remove a column, but that's the best tamplate

shit i am tired
you get a penalty for going over it*

Both, it will be campatible with HPM but I will also make a standalone

I SINGLE HANDEDLY DEFEATED BRITAIN

GERMANY HELPED WITH FRANCE THO

*compatible

I'm not even sure how I made that mistake, o is nowhere near a