Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #732

"What is Dead May Never Die" Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information:
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
Append I Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append/index.html
Append II Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append2/index.html
Purchase: amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=LTD-PCG-03693
Download: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=481633
Download for All Updates: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1189198
Character Database mirrors:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/index.html
aa2.is-fantabulo.us/aa2/index.html
178.140.224.56/aa2/index.html

Please read through the AA2 pastebin for mods and info (READ BEFORE ASKING):
pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
FAQ Image (READ BEFORE ASKING): i.imgur.com/Yg5a9AF.jpg
Installation Guide (READ BEFORE ASKING): pastebin.com/YCrkrDh2
Supplement to the Install Guide, with Pictures: imgur.com/a/KZYsw

/aa2g/ Modder's Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and more):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!itoyFCaC!I7-ENpNrsWogOUtEtzX_E9bdv0d4oZzkZw6G8eOH1Ek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was this the first time we ever dies?

It isn't the first, nor will it be the last.

Good thing one of us had a defib unit
We can never truly pass on
The ride never ends

When was the first time?

You got a card for that cutie?

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself, scum. Let this rot rest in peace.

Why we are still alive?

Cuz some shitter revived it when steam group decided to kill this place.

To suffer

I believe a few months back, or so it seemed. (Un)lucky for some I noticed the thread came to a stop.

Depends. Do you want the crazy or non-crazy version?

Can't kill what is dead inside, user(s).

I happened.

Yes.

Without all of the shitposting we would probably be 75% as active

Crazy in terms of appearance or personality? If the latter, crazy. If the former, non-crazy.

Shitposting? What shitposting?

It was over, we could have just left

I just want to unironically say thanks for keeping the general alive for what it's worth.

You can leave any time, nobody is stopping you

This is why only Cuck should be allowed to create new threads.

Same, I'm not home right now and would've made the new thread if i could've

Hooo boi, cant wait for ibuki and junk spamming for months to come!

Be careful what you wish for, if you hadn't said anything maybe ot wouldn't have happened

This was the first time and you fags are pathetic for letting it happen.

Better than oc garbage posting weve been seeing lately

lol

Your wish shall be granted. Here is your card. Have fun.

Yet you return.

You're welcome user. I suspect I have made a few enemies. They will hate me, but she can take it. "Because she's the hero /AA2G/ gets, but not the one it deserves right now. So we'll hate her, because she can take it. Because she's not the hero. She's the happy-go-lucky diabeetus. The Frisky-tradarak."

Don't wait for us to die next time.

>literal who
>hero
yeah as if

You da MVP. Thanks for the card and not letting aa2g die.

happy first ded, /aa2g/!

post lewd girls to celebrate!

The only celebration this place deserves is at /hgg/ when it truly dies.

Was a little busy while this general was dying.

That's the joke...

Thanks. I've never released this version of the card for several reasons. Have fun!

>Pic related

There won't be a celebration in /hgg/, as the posters there probably wouldn't want us. It's more likely be a wake.

Are there any navel piercing mods for this?

how about instead of uselessly listing off things that people want in the game that'll never happen, we start trying to figure out how we can implement things we don't know how to do yet? the mod from yesterday shows how to make doors to existing private rooms. what else would we need to make a new private room? what about just making sex in karaoke possible?

It'd have to be attached to an outfit and that's a terrible waste of a slot and disk space.

Go fix your hair highlights you freak.

But his hair highlight is okay?

even the monchrome version is better than that neon halo

If he likes it then leave him be.

I support this mindset. I think karaoke private sex room would be awesome. Other private areas would also be pretty cool as well.

Still having problems, even after unblocking all the .dlls. It's pissing me off. It won't even do the base highlight. It just keeps screwing up.

Different user that me.

>Still having problems, even after unblocking all the .dlls
what problems? I can tech support you a little

not lewd, just needed an excuse to post this

its not like its new information or anything, we've known for awhile that you can create new locations among other things, it's just not information thats readily available, but the [let's study] mod might help with changing that

>no Ibuki edition

why is she so cute

i don't know, she was a throw away girl just to test the helmet on and even i'm starting to like her

>Throwaway
Why would you do something so horrible? ;_;

It goes through the list and says the files aren't found or there is a duplicate. I am trying to do method 1, but it isn't really working. I don't have all the .PPs the match up with the scripts that are offered. Is this normal? Do I need to crop out scripts that don't line up with the .pp's I don't have?

She is a good, wholesome soldier in service of the God Emperor of Mankind.

Modding shouldn't be a closed circle. The more people who have the information, the more likely it is to progress forward.

>tfw no vibrator outfit

only because the character I want to replicate has one is the thing

those messages are normal. You don't have to trim the unneeded scripts since if there's no such .pp it's skipped. Post the hair_highlighter_out.txt log somewhere so I can look at it. Chances are your setup is incorrect.

Also before you do that make sure you're at the most recent version of HEXAOC and the highlighter itself

Which hair highlight are you trying to use?
If it's the xxxxx_steamvip.bmp one, I'm currently replacing all the hair highlights in the .pp files with that one, by hand. If you or anyone is interested, I might upload all .pp files where I replaced it.

There's enough information out there, it's not anyone else's fault you're too damned stupid and lazy to start learning.

true, but it's not exactly hidden from others. There were some nip guides on this topic but no one picked it up until recently. Picrelated is literally all I have on it.

also like said make sure you have the highlight you use in the scripts next to the SB3UtilityScript.exe and the hair_highlighter.bat

You already know the answer ;_;

I don't.

still waiting for that semen to be finally wiped off her hair

Is that a new room?

looks like aa1 room port

That image is well over a year old.

Not everyone can learn from reading walls of tech-speech on hongfire.

then they better start reading it anyway. People who can mod would rather try making new stuff work then making guides for shit they barely know themselves. If you think others will make everything easy for you then you should stay content with what you get.

We're here to suffer with our waifu. There is no escape, only pain and eventually, the sweet release of death ;_;

Well technically speaking no one can learn anything from hongfire because it is fucking rip

>our waifu
Not everyone have waifu though.

mega.nz/#!itoyFCaC!I7-ENpNrsWogOUtEtzX_E9bdv0d4oZzkZw6G8eOH1Ek

I do. I am still not sure if I am doing everything correctly.

I'd love to know what mods you've made to have such a pompous attitude about it.

I'm pretty sure it's just you and your waifu suffering, I'm still having a blast with living my life no pain here.

That attitude is exactly why we don't have many modders

speak for yourself, faggot. my fucktoy is nothing but a tool for fapping. i have a great future ahead of me

This.

yup

in the future pastebin is better for posting things like logs.
is you SB3U folder called AA2_Hair_Highlighter?
also post any log file, like jg2e02_00_00_out
you know, a few. It's not pompous it's the truth - If you want to make something you go and make it. If you have specific questions you ask them of someone who might know. You DON'T ask for guides on how to make mods. Especially if you want them to be retard-proof. It's "technical" (not really) because it needs some background knowledge to follow. Again - if you have specific questions - ask away, people generally willing to share what they know. Don't ask to be spoonfed because it's usually easier to make the mod yourself than to explain on how to make it.

cancer pls

Speak for yourself, if I wanted to leave I'd just do it

>tfw waifufags arnt loyal anymore.

>only meat and suzufag are left

Oi, it isn't me.

Yeah, this is why I do not have a waifu. I see only dispair.

Yes, the SB3U folder is AA2_Hair_Highlighter folder. Should I rename it? And I shall upload the rest of the logs in a moment.

I don't know. Why don't you list some of them? Because it sounds like you're full of shit right now.

It doesn't matter what it's called - it's just weird. I'm gonna look at your log in the meantime
hair_hghlighter

It's only despair if you're a piece of shit to your waifu like Harshfag is to his.

True. I know the gist of modding from learning myself, but the Hongfire SB3U glossary and other resources they have are SHIT. It took me hours to wade through that and figure out everything. And that's with a extensive understanding of basic modding from before AA2 was even released.

Things like porting assets/3d rooms/whatever from other games could be covered with a guide instead of everyone having to figure it out themselves. I mean it's not impossible to figure it out, but it's unbelievably time consuming because the information is not available in a concise manner. It's buried in a billion posts on hongfire, in Veeky Forums archives, etc.
The problem is that Hongfire modders benefit from this, to them modding is a status symbol so having the information obscured and hidden inside huge threads raises the barrier to entry. Which increases the status value of being a modder. It's harder to get into it.

Then again, I don't really give a shit either way.

Cease this meme at once.

It's true though.

Okay, but you generally have a closed-circle philosophy when it comes to mods, so don't presume to speak for every modder. I want to see more people modding because more modders cannot be a bad thing, and I've written guides for exactly that purpose.

>he doesn't believe it so its a meme

for porting models I believe there's even a video tutorial.
Closed circle philosophy implies that people keep the knowledge to themselves. I don't think anyone does that but I seldom go to HF(I've literally 0 posts there) so maybe they do. I do understand that it's a pain in the ass to write a comprehensive guides and I personally have trouble making working readmes already. The way I approach making a particular mod is finding some other mod that does something similar and reverse-engineer how it works. I find it to be the best way to go about it and the most necessary skill a modder should have. Again if anyone has specific questions about some mod people(I project here) tend to answer them.

The problem isnt guides on how to make mods but how to use tools, and that every sort of guide there is assumes that the reader has some knowledge of the subject already, which wouldn't matter if it weren't for the fact that the main modding tool we have is proprietary software that only a few people even understand.
Just for example, look at sviex, a generally difficult concept to grasp, the only "official" guide for it assumes you already know how to use the sviex tool, which has no instructions itself, so people new to modding are either dissuaded out of the gate or bruteforce it until it works and still don't understand it fully. And the few people who do know anything just tell you to read a guide instead of even trying to help because "if i had to do it so should you."