So what advances in fields such as science and medication came from the Roman empire?

So what advances in fields such as science and medication came from the Roman empire?

I am not talking about spread of knowledge Rome already had but what advances were made during the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_technology
youtube.com/watch?v=C5B-fOp3k1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally fucking nothing

they produced no science, no mathematics, no art, no literature, no architecture

and swords are fucking useless

>medicine
Galen
>science
roads
arches
aqueducts, other public works like sewers (cloaca maxima)
the romans were great at civil engineering tbqh

>roads

Did Rome not already invent roads before its empire? I am sure they spread it to Europe but did they invent it during the empire.

>sewers (cloaca maxima)
Built by Etruscans

But perfected by the Romans

Wasn't Galen wrong about pretty much everything?

Was it perfected by the Romans during their Empire or before?

And source of evidence please.

They made advances in memes

Yeah, but he wasn't as wrong as the people before him.

Obviously before. The Etruscans were long gone by the 40s bc

i don't get it. was it corny, or was it mazy?

Was this intentional?

Come on you guys

youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE

that's not even a maze, just a windy corridor

I haven't read it but I'm guessing he talked about food supply and logistics a lot.

I read somewhere they had really fucking good battlefield surgeons

It's a labyrinth, which is sometimes considered to be a type of maze. Hell it even shows Theseus slaying the Minotaur in the middle.

is this a meme now? to pretend a 1000 year long lasting culture experienced absolutely no advances?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_technology

>of course they produced new things
>now let me send you a list of things that had already been invented by different cultures including the Rome before its empire

Seems most of the stuff they did was simply introduce things already made.

the list at the bottom points out exactly which ones were Roman inventions and advances

and it's disingenuous to act like everything had been invented by different cultures when Romans themselves usually described their origins

One of the examples was sewers.

I am not arguing that Romans did not make the first Sewers but my question was what did the Roman empire produce.

I am sure sewers had been around for a few hundred years before the founding of the Roman empire.

Names of those 5 pls?

Romans were niggers that started the practice of sending all their wealth to china for silk and spices, which the orientals used to invent gunpowder, the printing press, mathematics advancements, and establish an agriculture system capable of maintaining a population ten times the romans. They sacked every civilization of value and our humiliation because of those plebs took until the industrial era to correct

In order left to right.

Jackieus > Tito > Michelox > Jeremiah >Marlonus

Thanks

Wait a minute fuck you

the Roman Empire was not a different entity from the Roman Republic, which already ruled over several other peoples and places and was an empire for all intents and purposes.

Battlefield medicine did not change from the time of Galen until the US Civil War

>no literature
The Aeneid is the best work of literature ever made by a human

To be fair, he had to extrapolate from Animals and gladiatorial wounds, because the Pagan religion outlawed autopsy or other such desecration of corpses.

It wasn't until Christianity separated the body from the soul, that autopsy became acceptable, although people still seem to think that Christians forbade it as well.

Maybe the anti-science meme comes into play

They didn't invent roads, but the way they built them was better than anything for a long time. same with bridges

Kek

Roman Empire was cancer desu. True Rome died with the Republic. Battle of Philippi worst day of my life.

This thread is another symptom of how contrarion and cancer the whole of Veeky Forums is.

>Being for the corrupt politicians who betrayed the ideas of the republic and killed the one man who would've restored Roman virtues

>And the wine

What?

The oldest wines ever found were in the Levant and the Near East in general.

a lot of the Roman science and mathematics you'll see today is in the architecture. the keystone archway, vaulted ceilings, the pendentive dome, the Thermae (using furnaces and valves to control the heat of water to provide hot water to homes and public baths), and so on. The math that went into Roman Engineering was the first of its kind.

other such things include concrete, systems of pressure pipes and valves for running water/fountains, the Hypocaust which his a climate control system that heated floors/walls. the first city-level sewer and sanitation system (the Cloaca Maxima), and ball bearings for naval vessels, the list really goes on.

>Romans invented concrete, pipes, sewers, arches, and ball bearings

"no"

But actually yes.

Since I don't feel like typing it all up, I'll just post a video:

youtube.com/watch?v=C5B-fOp3k1k

Kindly quote the source from which you get that "pagan religion outlawed autopsy"

Looks like someone has autism. What about Alexandria under Roman occupation?
>Who is Heron of Alexandria

t. Vercingetorix