/emugen/ - Emulation General

>HIRO, PLEASE ADD THREAD IDS TO Veeky Forums EDITION

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>HIRO, PLEASE ADD THREAD IDS TO Veeky Forums EDITION
More like add sound to WebMs sitewide al-fucking-ready.

I'm still waiting for the lossless webm's I was promised.

Hiro already said he wasn't going to do sound webms sitewide. He went full retard and said if people want to share videos they can make a spare youtube account and upload it there.

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/64

Regressionpusher is breaking everything.

Could be the changes I made to GTE where I tried to make the code more like Rustation's. Id invite simias there to doublecheck what I did there in case I made some mistakes

Let me guess, it's because of muh screamers, right? Because not only is WebM sound muted by default, requiring you to manually unmute it or tick a box in the site's settings, they could very well give people the option to manually set the default volume value for people who want to have sound on by default but are still concerned about screamers.

It's not rocket fucking science, god damn.

There's a difference between having a website/board that's only text and images and a website that's text/images + sound.

Look at how muted gifs/webms of movies or TV shows are popular online even though you could have a youtube link if you wanted to. People like to browse at work or in other locations where they can't or don't want to have sound. Those people would feel excluded and less likely to browse the website if audio webms were popular.

I'm not saying that's why he made this decision, I'm just pointing out that it's not just about technicalities.

>Regressionpusher
top kek

Remember when someone impersonated byuu on Stormfront?

Who?

>>playlist_cores = "DETECT;DETECT;DETECT;DETECT;DETECT;DETECT;DETECT;DETECT"
>>playlist_names = "Nintendo - Game Boy Color.lpl;Nintendo - Game Boy.lpl;Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl;Atari - Jaguar.lpl;Bandai - WonderSwan Color.lpl;SNK - Neo Geo Pocket Color.lpl;SNK - Neo Geo Pocket.lpl;Sony - PlayStation.lpl"

Top tier engineering

Will pcsx2 devs ever fix mip maps and whatever is wrong with Dirge of Cerberus?

>Will pcsx2 devs ever fix mip maps
Not before the rewrite of GSdx.

Does retroarch store any files/info on the C drive (or whatever windows install drive) even if the retroarch folder is on a different drive?

I've had to reinstall windows twice and each time retroarch has problems loading (I guess) save states. But it loaded save states fine on the windows installation they were saved/played on.

how many decades is that gonna take

See if there are any log messages. Mednafen normally logs savestate errors.

Not by default.

It's probably just because you're using different versions of RA and/or the core which breaks state compatibility. Make a real save and transfer that.

byuu is an idiot because he denigrated his own emulator by favouring his own shitty gb emulator, thus compromising sgb emulation, over the superior gambatte emulator. if he switched them up when accuracy is matching, that would be okay, but like that...damn this is so autistic. reminds me of zeromus. there could have been other ways to implement and test an unfinished core.

Shitpusher.(damn newfags)

I agree but I think he doesn't care. He wanted to write a GB core for sgb emulation so he started to do just that. Having to maintain two variants would probably have been more work for him with no benefits (from his point of view).

Several

just like i remember it

Who?

Worse still is that he has no plans on improving it, nor does he have any idea how to.

Emulating is fucking retarded and there's literally no point to play the game if you emulate. You may as well watch a fucking let's play/longplay on Youtube and eat popcorn.

k

Hey, /vr/. How's your $300 copy of Earthbound doing?

Has anyone gotten What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord!? 2 working on PPSSPP? This is all I get: a black screen except around the Overlord.

So GBA colors are superior in every test case, the end?

Legitimately, how long have you guys been here? I'm not even gonna bother explaining all the actual reasons that webms are muted.

what

You have none

Why else would I reply? For the craic? Fuck right off.

I've just realized that using anistropic filtering in PCSX2 makes the games have some sort of shitty blur.
why even include the thing if it makes games look worse AND it impacts the performance?
notice the blurry hud at 16x af screenshot

>I'm not even gonna bother explaining all the actual reasons that webms are muted.
Does it involve the general behavior of people on this site? Because that's still not a good enough reason

What do we actually lose due to the lack of good SGB emulation? Is there content that was exclusive to the connection?

Borders, enhanced sound, maybe some specific colorization option.

Do you know what filtering does?

well it's simple as that: people don't use higan.
people play and emulate sgb via retroarch with bsnes + gambatte which is possible via cmd. why would any favor an inferior emulator when there are better options? there are really no benefits in using higan, only deficits. i mean there are people who also favour epsx or pcsx-r over mednafen, but those people at least have reason why the favour this emulator. i can't come up with any reason why i should use byuus emulator.

Emulating Rhythm Heaven is so much fun on a phone with a stylus! Besides Triple Triad, it's the only game I play on my Note 4 and it's a great way to pass the time.

The main reason, which the majority of this thread will pretend to not care about, is the linkability of webms.
Nobody wants to open a video file without any chance to alter the volume.

Works fine for me.

I thought Alcaro was unable to make Gambatte work with bsnes and just uses byuu's GB core?

It's just how anisotropic filtering is implemented in pcsx2, I don't think it can be done any other way.
It's one of those throwaway features that has its place in certain scenarios, but I'd just keep it off.

>Nobody wants to open a video file without any chance to alter the volume.
And that excuse is pure bullshit since you can implement a tweakable default volume level.

At least someone else here knows what the fuck they're talking about.

Yeah, I tried emulating this on my computer before without a touch screen of any kind and it was basically impossible.

I've been playing it on my 3DS though, it's fun as fuck. I still think the original is the best.

I'm impressed, is the latency not enough to fuck you up?

user, I'll debate this with you no problem, but please admit that this isn't good enough. What if my friend is afraid of big scary Veeky Forums and hasn't previously set a default value? I didn't want to say this in the first place because I know that this is an issue outside of the site itself, but it's a totally real problem.

Not if you fully think all the ins and outs through, there's clearly issues with having audio enabled, and it's not worth fixing considering Veeky Forums is not a place for videosharing, webm should be treated as high quality gifs here.

I seriously can't tell a difference, except the AF side removes the kinds of aliasing that AF removes.

It might help if you didn't use jpg.

>being afraid of Veeky Forums
Wut?

>What if my friend is afraid of big scary Veeky Forums and hasn't previously set a default value?
Wouldn't that be assuming your friend would've looked at the settings to manually enable WebM audio? In that case you should tell your friend to actually pay attention,

>and it's not worth fixing considering Veeky Forums is not a place for videosharing
Why do we have WebMs at all, then? In fact, why are there boards with audio enabled for them as well?

>user, I'll debate this with you no problem, but please admit that this isn't good enough. What if my friend is afraid of big scary Veeky Forums and hasn't previously set a default value? I didn't want to say this in the first place because I know that this is an issue outside of the site itself, but it's a totally real problem.
Firstly you're massively overstating the importance of screamers, sure they will happen but like those jumpscare gifs they're rare enough that they're not that big of a problem and anyway it would be very easy to make the default volume level something low like 10-25% which would make the worst screamer seem like nothing at all, and even then it's just a screamer for fuck sake you're not gonna die from it.

Also
>What if my friend is afraid of big scary Veeky Forums and hasn't previously set a default value
It's called a leaning experience, SPOILER: it's a good thing.

They'll have to buy a dog and change their phone numbers, user.

Wait, are we talking about the volume of each webm being defaulted to a low volume by the site itself? That's different than what I had in mind, I do apologise.

Updating MAME set to the latest. Is RetroArch worth using now for MAME or should I stick with standalone?

it shouldn't filter every sprite and texture though, should it? the thing is supposed to work on 3d models rather than on things like this

>dog
>buy

wtf

>Is RetroArch worth using now for MAME

Less input lag + shaders, so yes

>Wait, are we talking about the volume of each webm being defaulted to a low volume by the site itself?
Yes.

Depends where you live my friend.

Have they fixed input yet? I'm aware of the workarounds, not good enough. I fucking love RA but mame is spotty.

Is audio still embedded on muted webms?

Best Dolphin configuration to reduce input lag as much as possible?

You have that backwards.

can emulators cure depression

What's the last good version of Daemon Tools lite? For SSF.

Not really a thing, unless you use vsync, in which case turn it off for better latency at the cost of tearing I guess.

Chin up user, play your favorite games, intake enough omega 3 and consider marijuana.

ask dolphindev

kinda
try emulating

how?
why would a 2d sprite that stays on the screen without any particular 3d effect need anistropic filtering?

>Is audio still embedded on muted webms?
Why wouldn't it? it's just the embed player being muted / at a low volume the file itself is unchanged.

Omega-3 supplements can help, I've increased my dose a few months ago and I've been feeling better.

Never assume that because something looks to be a 2D sprite means that it is a 2D sprite.

I emulate happiness when I delete shitty posts on /r/emulation.

I assumed "muted" webms here were stripped of their audio, I've admittedly never saved a webm from Veeky Forums.

Omega3 changed my fucking life dude.
What's your dosage? I'm on 2000mg daily, 300mg epa / 250 dha

nothing you said made any sense so far, i applaud you for your high quality internet trolling skills.

You're talking to at least two different people.

Often in early 3D games, 2D sprites were simply a single polygon with a texture and alpha blending.

I only responded once but sure dude, anyway I'd personally assume that the reason this sprite looking element is affected by AF is because it's not actually a sprite.

>I'm impressed, is the latency not enough to fuck you up?

I don't think so. I've completed a few games and gotten the "superb" rank on a couple. I'm tone deaf and rhythmically-challenged anyway; I don't think it makes a big different. I don't know how 12-year-old me managed to beat it when it came out

He's not trolling, you're just ignorant.

Whoa, I further applaud you, have fun my man! I'm thinking of getting the 3DS game, that shit looks good.

My daily intake of EPA and DHA is at 840mg and 560mg respectively at the moment, I'll give it a few months and see how I feel afterwards, might increase it to 1260 EPA and 840 DHA afterwards if I feel like there could still be improvements, though I feel pretty good right now so I'll just wait until my softgel bottle is empty and judge it then. I've actually been on Prozac for a decade and I'm in the process of stopping it in favor of these supplements.

Seriously though, to those of you feeling depressed, try taking those supplements. It's worth it.

I don't want to shit up emugen but this is a passionate subject, and I know mod-kun will delete this anyway, but damn dude that's a lot higher than me, I'm working my way up, I'm glad to hear you find improvements at higher dosages, I guess I'll keep climbing until I feel like I'm at the level I desire.
Good luck in your feels user, here's to brighter days!

When will RetroArch have latency as good as Zsnes?

Impossible unless someone rewrites the entire thing in x86 assembly

Probably just about the same time that ZSNES gets multi architecture support.

I refuse to believe ZSNES is even good at input handling.

memes gonna meme.

>RetroArch still being BTFO by ZSNES

I wonder when they will finally fix retroarch, so that cg shaders work again. i mean its been ages and they didnt bother fixing this. if you push buggy releases to stable and least release update to fix the issues (that have already been solved weeks ago) or dont push buggy version to stable at all. fuck that xmb animted wavy thing for breaking cg shaders.

When did cg shaders break? I still use cg shaders on my week-or-two old build.
Windows.

Probably only borked for the XMB plebs, RGUI masterrace can proceed to enjoy things as usual.

>tfw switched to Vulkan master race for low input lag and no tearing
>but close to no shaders

What's the big deal over retroarch anyway?

If you ask me: I initially came for the CRT shaders, but stayed for the sheer buttload of other options.

I use xmb, I use retroarch on my htpc setup, much more presentable.
I notice the ribbon falls back to basic when I use cg shaders though.

I'm really not sure, I can't figure out why people love to hate RA.
It's a great program, solves most of the issues I have with emulation in general, and supplies tons of fun features like a great fullscreen UI, the usual savestate/rewind, great video/input handling and has a wide variety of emulator cores.
I'm a Windows guy, I can't handle linux because I'm lazy, people that can't use retroarch are stupid as fuck.

Before I moved to RetroArch from standalones I read so many horror stories like how shitty it is to navigate and use. Made me hesitant, but I eventually tried it out. After a few days I couldn't see myself not using it. And this was a few years ago when it wasn't what it is now. I think I just underestimate how many people are retarded in the world.

I like RA just fine. Its SP that is intolerable.

Oh god is that Tenchu? I fucking love Tenchu.

ZSNES is sooooo much better than Higan. I dunno how people stand byuu's garbage.

Only an absolute paedophile would like Tenchu.

Fuckin' perv.

They don't. Everyone who's not a byuu buttbuddy uses his cores through RetroArch.

Retroarch is for the autistic. I use ZSNES stand-alone.