/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 9th:
68 – The Roman emperor Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer's Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian dynasty and starting the civil war known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
747 – Abbasid Revolution: Abu Muslim Khorasani, Arab military leader, begins an open revolt against Umayyad rule, which is carried out under the sign of the Black Standard.
1815 – End of the Congress of Vienna: The new European political situation is set. Also, Luxembourg declares independence from the French Empire.
1934 – Donald Duck makes his debut in The Wise Little Hen.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V003
mediafire.com/download/cr6upg7blz89zf8/gsgmodv003.7z

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/740635823377403904
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>2018
>heard of this great historically accurate grand strategy game
>bought all 437 dlc at 95% off, what a sale, it only cost 249$
>launch crusader kings 2: ultimate legendary complete edition
>disable sunset invasion
>pick the 624 start
>play as native american eagle lord spearing wind rabbit
>increase eagle authority
>load my troops into boats and start raiding the tupi
>oh shit another tribe declared war on me
>expel the jews so i can afford mercenaries
>also hire teutonic knights
>take care of them easily
>appoint anti shaman
>extribalate pesky squaw so i can revoke his squawies
>event
>oh shit forgot to disable the rise of china dlc
>chinese horde approaches from alaska
>conquers all territority in sight with their 183k army
>conquers me and takes all my caciques
>game over

reported

how does he do it lads?

also MEGA for HOI4 when?

>1 unique IP
>being so autistic and hungry for attention that you HAVE to post this shit before announcing your thread in the old one, so you appear first

Literally kys yourself

I hope they fix the terrible border gore, then I think the game would
Be actually pretty good and not so shitty honestly

>Of course it will be good.
>After about 4 DLCs and a full conversion mod.

What's that based on? EU4 is still shit after 8 DLCs and countless mods. CK2 was good and then went to shit because of dlcs.

WE

>kys
pic related

first for best Germany

>few remaining Nazi units helping the Romanians fight off the Soviet invasion
Neat

Is paradox really that fucking retarded I'm playing fascist DESIGNATED and the leader is a chinese man.

>Cacique

I know what you're doing. Tread carefully, my hue friend.

How do I annex Mengkukuo, I can only peace out Japan

Veeky Forums told me I couldnt defeat Japan without factories, you see capitalist scum, our people are factories, they are weapons and they are expendable.

this looks so disgusting
release italy and germany as puppets when

guys its 1956 and we're still at war
i feel like the US will never surrender at this point

Do your troops have any equipment at all?

How did they fix the Monroe Doctrine in HOI4?

How do you get the trait strong basileus?

I thought it was simply being coronated, I'm now on my 4th roman ruler and I can't use imperial reconquest any more

what happened to nationalist china, did you annex them before japan invaded?

just nuke them

>Veeky Forums told me

You went around to every general on Veeky Forums?

>Australia can leave the British Empire by pressing a button

What do you think?

SMGs, you see when our eyes are as thin as the Japanese courage you fight better spraying without aim.

When the war is over. When they capitulated, I thought that'd be it. Guess not. Also, Japan got dragged into this war too, so I gotta take care of them. To be fair, though, seeing Zeroes flying around Europe was kinda funny.

Unfortunately, the Japs are still kicking and the Italians and Spanish still control large swathes of land in Afrca.

Would help if the game wasn't running at a snails pace too.

Double teamed them with Japan.
I was slowly winning before Japan invaded, the nazi voluntaries were a pain though

The American guarantees don't apply to other Americans.

they have over 1000 fighter planes on both coasts
and all my factories and shit are repairing dude to the soviets and the european theater

also the fact that japan decided it was a good idea to declare war on every country in south and central america

a man can only dream for such a meme game

Dedicating just 5 of those factories to support equipment will allow you to create divisions with recon, engi, maintenance and the supply stuff all in one, which will in turn increase the efficiency of your divisions by more than 50%

t. optimization autist

Oh, thanks. I think I'll download it them.

HoI IV is already a 10/10 game. It doesn't need any DLC or updates.

I dont see how that fits into my grand strategy of throwing millions of angry chinks in the general direction of Japan

What does the Indian National Army event from the Japanese national focus tree do?

t. johan

Either in supporting battalions, or even better - AA. Fill most of your divisions with AAs and the whole Japanese air strength becomes completely useless and you receive full air dominance without even having a single fighter.

this is true until USA gets the Pax Americana national focus which allows them to intervene, but you should have all of south america by then because they usually dont get it until later (if you're starting in '36)

Honestly the only really bad thing in HOI4 is the AI.

If they just fixed it it would easily be a 9/10

Bros...

If I start in 1936, how many civilian factories should I be building for minor or major factions? Like should I just queue all my open slots for civilian factories? Then build military once war starts to break out? And how many military factories would be too many? Is there some sort of ideal civilian to military factory ratio I should be shooting for?

Loving the game, but I can't tell if I'm doing factories right.

Not a single Jap aircraft straffed me yet, they are all at Manchuria with the Russians, which explains their casualties.

And the border gore/ahistorical parts that are 100% absurd

And the map.

And arrows being completely retarded and uncontrollable.

And the absolute failure at "redesigning" how the units look like

I don't understand why they got rid of militia units in HOI4.

I just tried to play japan and I actually got curb stomped by the Chinese because they had way more troops than I did despite having inferior technology. However, since they had infantry units like me, they could easily destroy my army with constant stacks of 10+

idk maybe I'm just bad and I don't know how to play Japan

And the peace conference system.

how dumb are you that you can't easily move two pins to create an attack line

saying this over and over doesn't make it true.

I want more control of where my arrows point at.

With the current system, it automatically chooses from an arbitrary existing arrow, instead of the one I want to branch off from.

>spend all day crushing the Comintern Pact
>finally reach Leningrad

And the retarded production system

And the tech trees

And the combat

make civil factories for one or two years then start preparing for the war.

civil factories are important in that they are used for construction of building s and are needed for trade.
Usually I get about 30 or mroe civilian factories if i'm a major, 15 or more if im a minor, then i start building stuff like airbases and dockyards if I don't have any and military factories.

>this is the result of the peace conference
Yeah, no.

This is fucking bullshit.

I didn't spend all these hours obliterating three and a half million Soviet troops and marching my armies across thousands of miles of bullshit to end up with Mongolia and change while the result of the coup I started to draw Soviet troops away from the front line gets all the fucking territory I conquered.

I'm so glad I didn't pay for this game.

As a HoI virgin, would 4 be a good start?

24/24
why not just use a field marshall dumbass

retarded production system?
shits way better than constantly having to move around sliders in hoi3

wtf is up with your armies, ever heard of a field marshal?

Going back to /v/ would be a good start.

I'm starting a game as (a soon to be) Communist France. Can you offer any advice on how to grab as much territory before the Allies start issuing guarantees? Would it be a bad idea to instigate fascist coups in Iraq and Siam so that the British don't guarantee them?

HOI3 would be a good start.

It's called spreading shit out to conquer vast swaths of uninhabited bullshit, you fucking morons.

HoI3

ignore 4

or you can just draw a line to moscow with an army of 200 dum dum

kill yourselves steam group shitposters
yes definitely, ignore people who say hoi3 is better they are steam group shitposters

And then I have a narrow path to Moscow surrounded by enemy territory.

We know, peace conference system is broken. Just pretend the game ended before the conference.

>He doesn't like moving sliders

Neo-/gsg/, ladies and gentlemen.

hello steamgroup

Field Marshals are actually better because they can get a trait called Offensive Doctrine which reduces combat width by 10%, allowing you to fit more shit into divisions and still be able to have 4 divisions attack into a province from a single direction.

>coup disallowing you to take any land
same bullshit happened to me

t. bobo

>steam group

Have you read the OP?

Noodle Niggers go home.

HOI3 with the Black ice mod is the best option for newcomers.

HOI4 was my first and I haven't been on /v/ in 4 years

this

I was just saying that I think HOI3 would be a good start to the series because I find it to be pretty good once you get past the learning curve of it. It's like I'm not able to have an opinion without being called (place meme here).

>declare war on the allies
>first day "naval invasion warning"
>land armies at 2 different points behind my lines in a couple of days

well gg campaign

If anything 4 is a better start because it's easier to learn and braces you for the autism

If you don't want anything deeper than 4 you're a casual anyway and could never play 3

>HPM will surely go away if we speak about games
>HoI4 being popular will move the first post
These people are extremely dumb

All this HOI4 posting is the steamgroup and not newfags?

If people hate OP so much why don't they just create the OP before him?

Thanks.

Yeah so that's why I said 3 because GS shouldn't really be a causal thing and should stay a niche genre, but that's been ruined already so so much for that.

More stories, less bitching.

The only people that hate the OP is the steamgroup

That page is public

Do you know the wall Trump wants to build to keep away mexicans?

OP is that Wall. The steamgroup are the mexicans

Someone who's never played any GS before should absolutely not start with HOI3, 4 is only good for being an introduction because everyone has to start somewhere

>That page is public
That is exactly what a steam group shitposter would want us to believe.

You keep posting disinfo and lies but nothing can hide the fact that you are leading an organized raid against this thread which is illegal.

Nice disinfo, Cobra. The page is visible to anyone. Keep up your epic raid on the thread though, bro.

mobile.twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/740635823377403904
WIZ TWEETED A MEME AND RANGERAGE REPLIED TO HIM

I'm not saying any GS, I'm saying HOI. Oh god no, HOI3 would be a horrible start.

Don't reply, they just want to shit the thread.

who the fuck is rangerage and why should i care?

He's part of the steam group too, faggot.

link to steam group?

>who the fuck is rangerage
GTFO newfag redditard

The offending posts have been deleted.

Anyone who mentions HOI4 from this point on will be banned permanently no exceptions, this is your final warning.

kek, steamgroup IRREVOACABLY BTFO by based janny.

Hoi4 is best girl

3 isn't even as "deep" as EU4.