/w*g/ Wildstar General - Steam Launch Edition

>What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, warplots(>.>;) and more.

>Iso's in-depth Wildstar Review/Guide
steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572116851778/

>Official Links
wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
twitter.com/WildStar
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord servers (non-Veeky Forums affiliated)
General Server - discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Today is the official Steam launch for Wildstar and the Starfall event is currently active for the month of June. The Space Chase event will start up on June 10th-20th.
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/197-information/

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Extended OST: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M (Vol. 1 now on sale)
Class builds : ws-base.com/ , forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Jericho Crow, Sly One, Rock Bro)

>Addons
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz

First for Steam Release!

Inb4 boipussy

It begins again. Whether or not it will remain falls to the Steam players now.

Inb4 chai

inb4 avatarfags shitting up the general

YUMMY

Post celeries

So, what's everyone doing for Steam release? I plan on leveling an alt on the opposite faction.

Same here, gonna level with my bf :^)

Welcome back, old friend. I can't believe this thread is alive again.

We all are.

Waiting for the new race/class combos to release and then leveling a Warrior

Steam user here.

I will play.

You sayin you gonna be a gerbil warrior?

You monster.

Thank you, friend. Be sure to whisper anyone in the OP for a circle invite.

actually I just installed it to get a jump on tomorrow because I am a bored fuck. I got more hopes for this than overwatch.

It's not my fault Chua get the most ridiculously good animations compared to all the other races.
They have some contenders in certain aspects, but overall nothing is on their level.

I'm going to play. Whether or not I have fun is what will make me stay or leave.

Sell me on the game. What would make this game better than, let's say, Guild Wars 2 or ESO?

Space cowboys.
Cat girls.
Succubi.
Great music.
Great art subject to taste.
Combat is enjoyable subject to taste Lots of mobility and every class has either a tank or a heal spec..

>What would make this game better than, let's say, Guild Wars 2 or ESO?
It's actually fun?
No seriously, doing group content in those games felt like busy work more than a game.

This is taking forever

Whats other games that have gone through this route like?

Like lively are tera threads?

It's free, fucking try it out yourself you useless sack of cumnuggets

That's a real great way to convince people to play your abortion of a game that's literally doing everything it can to bring new players in.

>it's my job to convince others to play 'my game'

Fuck you.

Yeah. Forget about me playing the game now.

I played in beta, and maybe a free weekend they gave me in the first few months.

I liked a lot about the game, but none of the classes really fell "right" to me.

Has there been changes so I should give it another go?

Depends on what you mean by "right".
If it's in a general sense, then the only really significant change to a class I can think of is that Espers are able to be much more mobile now instead of having important attacks and AMPs tied to never moving.
The idea of moving as little as possible is still present in the class, but it's not as mandatory as it used to be.
There hasn't really been any playstyle changing updates to any of the other classes though, just new rotations as moves get buffed/nerfed.

It's a pretty vague complaint, I know. I have some fanciful dream class or something I can never really find I guess.

Esper and "sword guy" were the two I played most of I think, so maybe trying esper again may be good.

I used to have digital deluxe edition at launch. Do I get anything on this steam drop? I haven't played since

Nope, nothing else. They do have the Digital Deluxe pack on resale, but as far as anything related to that, nothing.

Honestly, though, if you want easy, go with Medic. Though you'll need to max out amp and ability points before Medic becomes easy.

>Though you'll need to max out amp and ability points before Medic becomes easy.
It still amuses me how much different Engineer is once you hit level 25.

Don't play Esper. It's literally WoW's Shadow Priest, but uses a cast-time spell than channeling for it's filler.

You're better off playing literally any other class if you want a more Wildstar-y experience.

I don't think I've had that case. Then again, I barely paid attention until I was told "Hey, switching your build to this is probably a good idea."

Upsides:

- The quest and encounter designs are actually fun for longer than they are in most comparable games.

- Shiphands are very fun and an example of great design.

- Double jumping and shift-running make the MMO experience much better.

- While repetitive, there are good things about the explorer/soldeir/etc professions.

- The world building is great.

- Best single party instances in any game I have played.

- Encounter design for raids is probably without competition.

- Better than any F2P competitor, except possibly Tera.

- Housing options are really cool.

Downsides

- Game has no future.

- Development team has been slashed and there is no chance of anything good happening. This is the game's last cash grab before termination.

- Most people who bought it at launch would never return due to being burned already.

- While the combat system is good/okay, it is not as good as Tera. I would rank it above Blade and Soul and every other F2P competitor.

- Housing itself is not as useful as it could/should be. There is no reason to visit homes other than to mine nodes.

- Many classes are incomplete. Many systems remain incomplete.

- You will be beginning a story that has no ending or any sense of closure.

Maybe it wasn't as big a deal closer to launch, but right now Tier 4 on their abilities is pretty significant.

So its 80% done right now, what can I expect when it finishes

Why are you putting non-/w*g/ discords in the general? I don't get it, what the fuck even is the point?

Because the last time someone tried to make a general discord, it died. Better to have somewhere to talk about it than a ded server.

>This is the game's last cash grab before termination.
It's not guaranteed yet
That implies it'd get shutdown no matter how many people picked it up on Steam which isn't true.

>While the combat system is good/okay, it is not as good as Tera
>Tera with Wildstar mobility
Pic Related
I'm totally in agreement there.
Tera's combat is still top of the line in my book, but I can't handle the Elin pedopandering or LFR-tier "raids", and besides that giving up the movement Wildstar is offering is fucking rough.

>Many classes are incomplete. Many systems remain incomplete.
I don't even understand what you mean by the former, and I'm not sure which you're referring to with the latter.

>You will be beginning a story that has no ending or any sense of closure.
At this rate I feel like the Entity is just going to wind up a solo dungeon instance like Omnicore. There's no way to stretch out that whole thing with him and Drusera any further to hold off until ANOTHER raid managed to be developed.
Honestly, I just want it to be over anyway. That whole plot was too cliche to warrant being the central storyline.
It was doubly disappointing after how great the setup was. The whole superiority complex of the entire race, the eldan disappearance, and then it's just two super powers fighting.
Maybe if they framed it differently since both of them are the same being to try and subtly hint at that or something.
I still need to do the second "solo" dungeon in Arcterra, but the identity and motives of whoever fucked up the whole project to begin with is the only thing that has a chance of re-catching my interest in that plot line.

to add to the downsides

almost all of the zones past level ~25 are disconnected from one another and make the world as a whole feel incredibly incohesive. you literally finish a zone and then go back to your capital to teleport to the next zone.

also game has been f2p for months now, the steam release isn't going to change much in terms of population, might bring in a few hundred - but there is no significant amount of players returning to the game because Carbine has no interest in adding any content of actual value and will instead just churn out housing decor because it is the only thing that makes them money and maybe another daily zone every ~8 months because people fucking love doing dailies.

>Cat girls
>girls

>5:00AM EST
>Still not up on steam

What the hell?

>imblyin they're not all girls

>Housing itself is not as useful as it could/should be. There is no reason to visit homes other than to mine nodes.

I would argue that this isn't a downside. Garrisons show us what "Housing" can become if it becomes too tied into the mechanical experience rather than being an outlet of customization and vanity, which is all players who have wanted housing have ever wanted.

>wanting an Aurin Slut when you could have a pure bp on your lap who's just happy that you noticed him

Enjoy your damaged goods

I will

>still not up on steam

C'mon Volvomine, let me ride the wave of scrublords up the dungeons, like fuck am I going to level in the world again

>tfw not even ERP could save Wildstar

>8:48 EST
>still not steam
can i still use my old account if i use steam?

>Non Veeky Forums discord
>Non Veeky Forums
>On Veeky Forums

This community is already fucked

I agree.
Making the discord open to everyone is how we got retards who needed culled out in the first place. One of the few communities that's better as a close circlejerk.

That's what the steam group is for as the current wsg group is an exclusive club.

Where are you steam release?

That discord is tumblr incarnate, and ran by a cunt. Don't join. This thread died for a reason, and the reason is in that discord.

Are you taking about Chai's discord? Agreed. We don't need that level of attention whoring killing the general again.

I'm talking about the one linked in the OP. I didn't know there were other discords for /w*g/ but they are probably all terrible. I was in the original one and just watched it devolve to sly orbiting and SJW bullshit.

>orbiting
Are you sure you don't mean Chai?

I downloaded it again yesterday, only to find out from the client that it's gonna we released on steam today.

The problem with the two servers is that one was and will always be a closed circlejerk, and the other is no longer a /w*g/ server.

Oh man, nice to see the dead rise again.
Welcome back /w*g/.

>Chai
Holy shit, I forgot about the cancer that died with the thread.

>FUCKING NOON
>NOT OUT ON STEAM YET

WHAT THE FUCK

Played all public releases since beta

It's still shit and always has been just like WoW for the same reasons as WoW and just like WoW it's only being kept alive by ERP furfags.

Welcome to any MMO ever.

So like- Is it on steam already?

>Orbiting

You sure you don't mean Chai Ria?

It's 12 fucking 30. Where's the damn game?

Delayed until August

I would actually walk to the dev's main office all the way across the country, go in smelling like month-old wild man, and raise so much hell.

Ever heard of a one minute before midnight launch?

Why were people expecting it to be avaliable at midnight again?

It's available now, go get it.

It's about fucking time!

I dunno what you're on about, it came out right when it was expected to.

And now they added loot packs. Seemingly exclusive loot packs because the in-game store doesn't have them. One of them is a hundred dollarydoos.

No, Sly was pretty cancerous.

She called for witch hunts on people she couldn't control, and she completely denied any accusations of being an attention-whore despite masturbating in voice chat and tripfagging on /soc/

I still get harassment from her circlejerk whenever I play a character in-game with my usual ign. I'm not Ria.

Chai pls

I'm not Chai, either. She wants nothing to do with this game or it's community considering Sly's circlejerk actively sought her out in OTHER GAMES to harass her about this shit here.

Like, this is a genuine warning to people interested in Wildstar - avoid it's Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums spawned communities like the goddamn bubonic plague. They are by far the worst communities I've ever been in.

And I fucking play garbage like LoL and DotA2

What's the best race to play if I want to play a litteral walking cocksleave?

Aurin/Chua unfortunately.

So what files must I move around to avoid re-downloading the game, lads?

Only a select few of them are okay. Most avatarfags are cancerous, save for... Iso, really. He's pretty chill.

Well, not the entire circlejerk's cancerous - Rockbro, Iso, Jericho are all pretty good folks, as are both the Nanos in the OP.

It's just the person with the most power and influence is the one person who shouldn't even have power or influence in the first place.

>avoid it's Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums spawned communities like the goddamn bubonic plague
I figured most regulars of Veeky Forums know that that applies to every game by now.

Soon I can sell all my CS:GO skins and buy mounts, hype.

>She called for witch hunts on people she couldn't control

That has never happened. The only people who even got called on their shit were Chai, Ria, and Bei, who were all the definition of cancer, and are all the best argument for never joining a Veeky Forums group, guild, chat, and etc.

>The three people who were staunchly opposed to Sly having power
>'She never called witch hunts'

pfffthahahahaha

Chai literally couldn't stop shitposting and was the reason the threads died before. Ria and Bei were /pol/ rejects who lost their shit when confronted on their objectively incorrect statements before jibbering about MUH ORBITERS before they ran off to Chai orbiter chat.

Fuck off, retard.

Chai's shitposting kept the threads bumped and so they didn't fade to page 10, Ria got kicked because he was full /pol/ (which admittedly, wasn't cool,) and Bei left because the fucking environment was a literal high school lunch table, and if you didn't follow the lead of the queen bee, you were basically ignored and treated as a sub-human.

Again, the three people who were the most vocal about Sly having power were shunned out. And not only were they shunned out, but have been, in at least two cases, actively sought out in Wildstar, and in other games for Chai's case, and harassed by members of that Discord.

I don't know what world you live in where you think it's totally okay for a Discord to actively seek and harass people that have long since left the group.

>Again, the three people who were the most vocal about Sly having power were shunned out. And not only were they shunned out, but have been, in at least two cases, actively sought out in Wildstar, and in other games for Chai's case, and harassed by members of that Discord.

That's weird, because I don't like Sly, or anyone, having admin power in the Discord unless absolutely necessary, like in the case of Ria or Bei, come into active disagreements with her constantly, but I'm not hunted or harassed because I'm also not a simpering cunthole.
Bei was also literally in the process of being kicked when he left.

It's kind of ironic to get your cankles all rashed up when the reason Chai is looked down on is BECAUSE she and her cuckfucks harassed people. You can make up whatever reasons Bei for leaving, but the reality is that he was harassing people, and couldn't take the shit he was dishing out when it came back at his little manlet self.

This is why people think Sly's Discord is full of jerks, because people like you can't be civil.

Good to see the drama's alive and well.

I'm glad I used to have fun with this game instead of involving myself in petty drama.

it's sad that one group can't let their grudge go and has to bad mouth people at every opportunity. Even when they don't play or communicate with said group. Literally toxic environment in Wildstar.