/btbg/ Battleborn general

Old Thread JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE EDITION (and also that nade bird with that upr.fr/ star thing)

>What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $30 on keysites. It's also on sale on Amazon for $40.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

>Updated Toaster Config
pastebin.com/rZV6k0uD

>Interthread shitposting from OVW, TF2 and Dirtybomb expected.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/battleborn-battleplan-5-6-9-16/1505022
battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-story-mode-scoring/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this a based drawfag OP or am I dreaming

this is just sad

finally Veeky Forums is alive again

why is there a general for a game with 10 active players worldwide

is this the deadest game ever

I feel honestly really bad for the 3 people here. I'm sorry guys.

SriHead OVERWATCH SriHead KILLER SriHead

or you belong in both

I thought those were the same thing lmao

DEAD GAME

Oof. The desperation, it hurts to see. It's ok guys, everything's going to be just fine.

Bored at work, thinking about betterborn

Plz no shitty battleplan this week Gearbox

They probably just won't release one this week. Safer I'd say.

Thanks for the daily reminder guys. We probably would've switched to Overwatch by now if Blizzard wasn't literally fucking you in the ass. Sorry you fell for the Overmeme, I don't know what its like to get screwed that badly. .

> 949 players right now
> split by region
> further split by game mode
> further split by ELO

RIP

Blizzard added a Cash Shop for real $$$ and Blizzdrones defended this.

If you are over level 100 in Overwatch, you have to buy your Loot Boxes for real money, if you don't want to farm the same boring maps with the same boring characters over and over again (Blizzard slowed down the exp per level, to push their Cash Shop).

Gearbox is based to not add a real $$$ Cash Shop.

I am hyped for the new story maps, fixes and heroes in Battleborn.

>getting booty blasted over an optional cash shop for cosmetic items which you can unlock anyway through regular gameplay

The desperation is real

>damage control
>damage conTROL
>damaGE CONTROL
>DAMAGE CONTROL

Keep telling us we're desparate. I can only imagine how hard it must be to type while wiping tears from your eyes constantly.

>it took 8 mins to find a game
>it matched me with retards
Why did i rent this game

Is this game worth 30$?

forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/battleborn-battleplan-5-6-9-16/1505022

New battleplan.

The good: rematching added to cut down on wait times for matchmaking.

The bad: another week of no news about new content, no balance changes, no adjustments to lore challenges, basically nothing anyone has actually been asking about for the last two weeks.

There's a Benedict drawfag

Game won't survive June at this rate

In my opinion, it's been an absolute blast! I haven't been able to stop ever since I got it, partly because it has some pretty damn good replay value.
Well, see, that's sort of the reason I had followed Battleborn for ages: I hated MOBA's with a passion, until I looked at and heard of Battleborn, which got me curious.

you guys know its possible for a game to apply hitboxes in a manner besides "perfectly grafted to models", right?

Nah nah... I'm sure that at worst, it'll at least have a cult following, as some games and shows do. Like Firefly!

Are you saying that what we're seeing in the two webms is a good thing?

not directly a good thing, but important to game balance

if overwatch had CS style hitboxes, i imagine shotguns would all become useless and autoaim characters like summetra and winston would become broken

>my oc is used for an op
i'm honored

Sup~

Well... one's an issue of an oversized hitbox that makes TF2 huntman snipers look like pure skill all the time, and the other's an issue of extreme aim assist, which isn't normally an issue, except when it's done artificially in that it makes accuracy irrelevant.

>If you are over level 100 in Overwatch
You get reset to level 1, and get accelerated loot boxes for 20 levels or so. Which is more than I can say for Battleborn, since once you hit command rank 100 it stops. Once again, Gearbox fucked up.

It's okay for $30, but getting more and more dead. You still get 8 story missions and 26 characters to mess about with in them solo, even if you can't find a group. Competitive is a mess right now and most games are one sided. If you're good you will stomp the other team constantly.

We're down to about 500ish online in the lows, and sub-2000 players peak. How much further can it go?

Except that #1: Each character has character ranks, and along the way of completing those, you'll also obtain some loot boxes. #2: Loot is obtainable in PvE. Both (rarely) in box form and (more commonly) as items directly. Lastly, #3: Credits, which is the currency for buying loot boxes is obtainable with simple gameplay.

battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-story-mode-scoring/
>Quick Kill Bonus
>Quick Kill Bonuses occur when you when an enemy dies before it reaches its Quick Kill Time Limit. The Quick Kill timer begins as soon as an enemy takes damage from any source, and stronger enemies have longer Quick Kill Time Limits.

YET ANOTHER MECHANIC THAT THE GAME DOES FUCK ALL TO EXPLAIN. HOW MANY MORE OF THESE ARE THERE GEARBOX?

>Each character has character ranks, and along the way of completing those, you'll also obtain some loot boxes.
But only once, so fundamentally the issue remains unchanged.
>Loot is obtainable in PvE. Both (rarely) in box form and (more commonly) as items directly.
Let's grind more in a mode I don't care for in a game I paid $60 for so I can get items that will affect the mode I care about. Nice design, Gearbox.
>Lastly, #3: Credits, which is the currency for buying loot boxes is obtainable with simple gameplay.
Which I can't spend, since I'll need about 250k to unlock all 5 characters that they're going to introduce. Fantastic.

Huh... well that feature does come at a surprise.

Anyhow... Counterpoint #1: It's true. It's not by far a solution to the issue, but it is a point to be considered that may not be apparent to everyone to serve as an alleviate.
Counterpoint #2: Well... unfortunately a large portion of this is sourced from a matter of opinion. I myself don't mind PvE, so I partake in the occasional mission. If Gearbox threw in the rare random piece of gear from versus, that would definitely help solve the issue for people on your end.
Counterpoint #3: Can't argue there... one other reason I will admit to me doing more PvE is that I've been led to believe that I get more credits from it.

>your oc

What's the armor from? I don't get it.

iiits Pharahs armor. Did it as a request

Oh. Literally who?

From overwatch

>tfw no Caldarius drawfag

I'd take the job if my art didn't suck.

As the guy that did the Caldy request last thread, holy fuck is he complicated.

Still waiting on art for Deande... for reasons...

I don't doubt it, it's just really hard to find art for him, and i'm a rank and a half away from Master of Caldarius.

Well... now that you point out that complicated character design might be an issue for artists... I can actually see that issue for quite a lot of the characters.

Though when you think about it, his front is mostly polygons and shapes... The backside however has those jets, and those frankly are difficult to even visualize even as you're looking at them!

So if there was a thing in Battleborn that you'd definitely would like to see improved, what would it be?
>Hard mode: Nothing about Toby.

For me personally, it would probably revolve around the campaign level known as 'The Experiment', particularly because of how most advanced missions seem to go on it.

I'd love it if the primary object to defend regained 'some' portion of health between phases. You know, during those parts you're sent off to do something else, because DAMN... after 4+ waves of advanced level minions and a tank, which frankly has usually been the thing to end most mission attempts... from NUMEROUS DIRECTIONS... the thing's already about to break.

It also doesn't help that most of the enemies get 2-4 different things to swing and shoot at anyhow, so the team usually gets stretched thinly.

SriHead OVERWATCH SriHead KILLER SriHead

>sorry you fell for thee overmeme
meanwhile battleborn reached an impressive low of 576 players today

And? It's 5 vs 5, so as long as 10 people are playing, the game isn't dead.

holy shit

You're probably just only looking at PC totals aren't you?
This guy gets it.

As long as you can get a match then what does it matter? If Overmeme only had 11 other players online each time you went to join a match and you were able to play with full teams then it really wouldn't matter to you now would it?

thinking of getting this game

How's the campaign?

What if I hate League of Legends?

>on the fence about buying overwatch since i already own battleborn
>take a look at their youtube to see what ebin competitive memery they're doing
>"dolby atmos, what's that? they sold out and are making ads for cinema audio now?"
>tfw blizzard went as far as implementing binaural audio processing for surround sound with normal headphones

fucking christ that alone is a reason an audiophile like me would want to buy a game, that is groundbreaking shit

what even does battleborn have going for it in the end?

Campaign is a tad short, but well done imo. I quit League permanently after 5 years, and I don't even feel 1/100th of the rage I used to when I play BB. Character design is grand, dialogue is top-tier, and new content pretty regularly.

Campaign is pretty good, but short and some would say it's a little repetitive. I think how there's sometimes different dialogue when you play, and even if you play with different characters, is a nice touch

I've never played League, so I can't compare them

Just get the game, what wrong with owning and enjoying both?

Literally nothing. Cya in a week or two.

>mfw 30% hearing damage and can't really enjoy the nuianses and just buy cheap audio equipment and crank up the volume

Thanks Al Qaeda and friends.

*nuances

Saving the thread.

Perhaps we're wondering why someone would save a thread before throwing it out for Overwatch

....u wot?

U U U U wot

Is this thread dying again...
Again, no framedrops on my Kepler GPU again. Am I the only one with this problem?

And also, please stop talking over watch. This is a Battleborn thread.

I'm still looking for some storymode/competetive players, I'm around Lvl80 now.

Aye hav' trouble e'spressin' meself.

Name? I was about to do some story mode.

Either of you guys willing to help a newfag drag himself through The Renegade?
>every time I get a full party the game fucks up somewhere and I get the boot
>every time I don't lose to bugs I lose to the fact my team is only two dudes and the turrets are too far out to help with the furball on the final defense core

Advanced if possible. ReptiloidGod in Steam. I'm open to farm some of those Legendaries. I also still need someone who plays Kleese 2 times with me.

NOT YET

What furball?

Hey its alright man. You feel for the overmeme, that's pretty emberassing. I'd be ashamed too.

>that one person that bumps the thread before dying
No one is discussing anything. There is nothing to discuss. The Battleplan is a whole big pile of nothing too. GBX has tricked us.

Kinda surprising they arent laying out even the current plan for the dlc

2k marketing has their fingers around Gearbox's collective throat.

They were super chatty about what they had in the pipe and when to expect it before launch. 2 week in, all of a sudden the chatter turns into a bunch of wishy washy "hmm, well, we've got stuff we're working on that we can't wait to share with you but we can't tell you about it yet ;)", and the other week one of the developers finally spills the beans on twitter that the whole tier 2 skins affair is being held up on account of 2k marketing. Which implies it's not the only thing being held up because of them, they probably jumped in thinking they were doing damage control by holding back any promises of any future content while they assess what they can cut back on to reduce their losses.

I have a sickening feeling that "tier 3" skins are dead in the womb.

Why is 'Max health + while shields are depleted' a thing you can get?
Why?

The giant swarm of dudes on the core that always manages to happen when you only have two dudes, even if you both get up to the roof when the warp anchors land there and stop the mobs from breaking through the windows.

I think it might be a skill issue, though, because the first time I played it with two people I did a shitty job holding my side, and the second time that random Deande couldn't keep her side held during the last wave even though I was doing just fine.

Eldrid have no shield at base values. Their shield is always depleted, unless they're getting overshielded, or went and used gear that grants a max shield buff.

Neither of the landing pad waves are anything to be concerned about. At worst, a player may need to go down and clear the spawns of nothing but Evolved Thralls, but it's not hard to do that quickly and return to position.

Build Thumper Turrets and Flash Traps inside and they will take care of themselves.

But the anchors that land on top and break open windows are a problem. While it's mostly more evolved Thralls, the shield Thralls are tough and do a LOT of damage to the core, and there will usually be 2-3 that spawn unless you can kill the anchors before they drop them (though this isn't optimal because if you kill anchors prematurely, you're hurting your score). So those definitely should be the focus.

Also if you're doing this with a low number of players, just make sure nobody's playing anyone super squishy. Marquis, Orendi, and Mellka do not take well to having the spawns from the anchors jumping on them at once.

That only works on Kelvin, because he's the only one with a base shield value to have "depleted".

And then it's self-defeating because as soon as he uses a skill (he has one with a 5 second cooldown too), his shields aren't depleted anymore.

Would it be a good or viable idea to get character guides and out them in the OP?

If you're willing to put in the effort, I doubt there'd be a problem.

There's already some well written stuff on the Gearbox forums for several characters.

Get an Elduar (those guys have shield recharge rates and shield gained per second but no max shield capacity). Shield also help prevent you from getting head shot.

Get an item that gives a pisspoor amount of shielding like the Pacifier legendary or just a cheap ass max shield item like a common one with a con in an irrelevant stat for your BB). When that shielding gets destroyed you get the health instantly.

Also it's good in fights against shield strippers since if they strip your shield super fast you have the back up health to make up for it.

Do you gain health to fill the new max?

Their value is at zero.

If max shield value>0 and current shield value=0=depleted . If max shield value = 0 then you can't have a depleted shield because you have nothing to be depleted of.

Rogues feel like the most well rounded team
>Reyna - support
>Orendi - offense
>Toby - defense/tank
>Whiskey - long range
>Shayne/Aurox - close quarters

Toby can't even begin to be classified as a tank.

Defender =/= tank.

And when I think about it, it is pretty weird that they're completely lacking that role. But then, UPR also lacks a supporter.

Toby has no defensive measures to boost his own defensive stats though asides form 2 helixes and one is pretty hard to choose since the other 2 are very good also.

>there are more people playing a Wii U than this game
Seriously. What led Gearbox to believe that they could just make a game, NOT advertise the hell out of it, and expect it to sell right next to its superior twin brother?

>Toby
>Defense/tank

Sadly no. His shield is pathetic and his hitbox is absurd so his health just melts really fast. Even if he was a tank his hitbox would still be absurd. Toby's more like Marquis with an absurd range of harass and some area control if you try to jump on him, but he's so easy to kill if you jump on him without his stun available.

And Whiskey is a versatile attacker, its unfair to call him exclusively long rang since it depends on the match, map and what you want to do with him. Without his scope you're probably not gonna be able to hit anything at great ranges.

Whiskey isn't a long range character.
He's a dedicated gunner, but he's midrange.

Scope extends that a little bit, and if you're good with it, he's fantastic and no-one will see you. But you'll never be able to duel someone who's really long range.
You'll be fantastic at harassing them though, especially if you have a shield pen gear. Marquis and Toby should disengage once their shield drops, sneaking some hp damage in there is great, and should be a nasty surprise.

Tier3 skins are still coming I'd expect since they're full on microtransactions with real world money. No way 2k is gonna give up that potential revenue stream that will continue to make them money when they eventually decide to transition to f2p for the final nail in the coffin of Battleborn's unfortunate story.

>twin brother
>twin

I almost don't think you're pretending to be dumb for your shitpost.

>Gearbox actually believes it's okay to take 4 weeks to balance a new hero who is still first ban in every single comp game

And they wonder why their game is dying on PC

Four weeks is actually a perfectly reasonable time to make balnace changes to heroes because there currently aren't enough players to get the relevant data faster

My thought was is that they're holding back the tier 2 skins and having those be the season pass skins instead of the tier 3 ones we were expecting.

Thanks for serving