House Fantasies Jerkoff Thread

Let's say all of your daytrading dreams come true and you become phenomenally rich. You have $10m to blow on a house.

- Mansion or highrise condo?
- Urban, Suburban, or innawoods?
- Would you buy somewhere already remodeled, or try to do it yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

schloss-burg-verkauf.de/verkauf-romantische-burg-hohenlohe-baden-wuerttemberg.html#image-17
youtube.com/watch?v=4EUAMe2ixCI
youtube.com/watch?v=gvrgD0mAFoU
youtube.com/watch?v=unVGlbPfR8s
youtube.com/watch?v=1vAqaUwLg7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Won't matter faggot because if I'm accumulating that much capital day trading behind 6 monitors I will continue to stay behind those 6 monitors.

>Mansion or highrise condo?
Mansion
>Urban, Suburban, or innawoods?
Innawoods, particularly actual woods.
>Would you buy somewhere already remodeled, or try to do it yourself?
Do it myself.

Specifically here is what I want:

>A large, stately home built over a large wine and cheese cellar
>About 5 acres dedicated to a vinyard
>25 acres with mostly mulberry trees and a few oak trees
>A building to use for vinting etc
>Bee hives

We'd run it as a plantation, mostly having hired workers work it sometimes, but so that my kids can learn the value of hard work.

Classy, real classy.

Probably get mutiple houses because of variety,

3M condo in city with nice view, NYC.

3M McMansion outside Chicago

4M Beachhouse Northern California

>codeine castle got a pool full of mermaids

I'd have a very modest apartment in NYC and a large estate somewhere upstate, perhaps around Oneonta. I would love to have a small farm that could be self-sustaining, with enough land to explore or build on.

This user has the right idea.

$5 million on a nice penthouse in London.

$1 million on a post-modern house I'd build myself on a small 2 acre plot on the outskirts of my home town.

$500k on a shack in Iceland to use to get away from everything. A nice reading retreat.

The rest of the money invested to pay for house upkeep.

pic related, upstate NY

Pic related for the 'shack'.

I would love to go to Iceland. Looks beautiful

>2 mil house in Telluride CO
>1 mil house in Scottsdale AZ
>1.5 mil house in Western Australia
>0.5 mil for cars/motorbikes
>5 mil invested in various levels of risk and returning a hopefully modest 4-5% so I can live off a portion of the returns while it still grows a little each year

as far from another person as possible while still being on the water.

Camps Bay Cape Town for me

Just want to live in a car in Mountain View

Ain't that luxury

10M is a small amount in Sydney, I know a family that built their own 6M house looking over a good 7 acres of open land and dozens more of bush, one of the nicer houses in another suburb next to mine, and they struggle on utilities because big houses cost exponentially more in utilities than a small suburban house.

Here is the thing, in a neighbouring suburb that has dozens of 10M+ houses, there are such a wide variety of people- Lebanese extended family house, affluent white people, whatever. They don't waste money. They have watches that are worth five figures as grocery shopping watches. I come from a high end of the middle class in Australia, I serve these people in a supermarket. They have small egos. I see couples that buy fifty dollars of cleaning stuff because these 6+ bedroom estates on 5-10 acres of prime land are holiday houses for some. I don't think any of you guys appreciate the magnitude of these eccentric oddities. They buy cheap apples, complain about mandarin prices, yet wear a breitling or other watch worth more than a mid range car is worth. An estate for their family is money well spent, and 10 million dollars in North Western sydney ain't getting you as far as you think. Nor will it help you pay the 5k/qtr electricity bills, cost of garden maintenance etc. One house on my street has a garden worth more than my house. A house next to a sporting legend is starting to pop up, and me and my mum joke that it is his garage or whatever.

You don't know modesty and humble people until you introduce yourselves to a person pulling 500k+ a year working as a GM at a fortune 50 company, and they genuinely treat you well. Or the retired banking executives ask you what your plans are for the weekend. These people are like any intelligent individual who is dilligent and positive. They are down to earth executives. Most own companies worth tens of millions of dollars yet drive a mid range car. The reason you won't have that money, is because you live in the US

Fuck that, id live in a small apartment and instead use the money to buy properties that i can rent out

if you are burning 10mil on a house you already have plenty of money in investments I hope. You shouldn't need another 5 mil.

2/2
In Australia, you pick an affluent suburb by the houses and cars. Solid house, average car, good. Suburban house with inflated house value, owners paying interest only on a 2.5M mortgage driving a 160k Merc/BMW/Rover, shit suburb. Kids that come out of those suburban houses have egos inflated more than the zimbabwaen economy. And the kids that live in a small estate, are given an old family car to drive, and taught the real value of money, use trust fund money as a safety net, even if they work minimum wage jobs. Each and every americunt on this board has an ego way too large, and I will prove it.

The reason you won't have success, is because you look at someone in envy. You look at the wealth of a family and judge them by it. Your insecurities manifest themselves in the form of a giant ego. Work isn't a chore for me, and it never will be. But you americunts disgust me with your narcissistic society, your insecurities, your cringey attempts to compensate for mediocrity. I despise you all for your pathetic economy based on narcissistic beliefs, self indulgence, all fuelled by jealousy. I resent the fact that pricks my age come out of a suburban house built on debt, claiming they have a good life. Fuck off.

The same way I again resent the fact that very few people have positive visions like me, who aim to improve.

I apologise to those who openly admit to trying to grow yourself, but this board is full of immature, egotistical wannabe chads who think sex and money is all to life.

Enjoy your mediocrity, losers. My life sucks, but remains magnitudes better than yours, and it always will bring me pleasure knowing my efforts to improve drive me to success when your biggest vice is denying your own pathetic mediocrity, your ambition is a facade of your resentment for your life, and you and your children will deny you and your countries downfall even as it shoves its long dick up your virgin arsehole.

Stay pathetic, americunts.

My dream house is an open design, passive house where I can work on hobbies naked outdoors while my seven inch cock flops, knowing no one knows where I live, and I have a beach to myself. I want more freedom and I want to retire at about 45 or 50 and skinnydip in the morning, work on my physical hobbies at day, and code until I fall asleep. Then wake up the next day to remind myself that I live in the most beautiful, diverse, wealthy nation in the world, and know I live a satisfying life, while watching the sun and feeling it dry the salt water off my skin, feeling that nostalgia from my childhood filled with holidays.

Maybe I'd go a 4th house in Ireland for 2 mil but in my wildest dreams I don't really want a 10 mil house, let alone houses adding up to 10 mil.

They're fun to look at on Zillow but holy shit they'd be big lonely places.

If I had to spend it all, I'd put all the left-overs into acreage to go with my CO house

Dude, relax. So mad bro.

Take a chill pill, bro.

Basically this I'd get a high-rise but not extravagant apartment in the city and get a house in the Adirondacks.

Highrise in Sapporo
Highrise in Orange County
Money to fly in between and everywhere else

The issue with a place like that (your pic) is the bugs that'd be hanging around the trees and foliage which could become a perpetual irritant. You'd have to do some serious bug-proofing.

The more I look at this the more I like it for some reason. Anyway I want

>indoor pool
>spa/sauna
>hidden tunnels/rooms
>obligatory movie theatre
>trampoline room
>indoor hydroponic farm for fruits and veggies
>gourmet kitchen with full wood brick pizza oven
>indoor waterfall in front foyer
>small recording studio booth to freestyle in

Highrise apartment in Seoul or Tokyo.

House/apartment in Dubai

House in California

House somewhere in yurop.

Nice car at each of them + money to fly on planes

Sounds like good fun.
>you should diversify your orchard

Why WA user?

A real castle

schloss-burg-verkauf.de/verkauf-romantische-burg-hohenlohe-baden-wuerttemberg.html#image-17

cali / uk / new york

high end apartments in uk and ny and a dope house in cali. a man can dream

Holy fuck a prisoner thinks he's an american, this is great.

That's our mantra, stop trying to copy pasta what you don't understand. The only words you swapped are Sidney and New York(LA).

How many aircraft carriers do you even have?
oh wait.

Also enjoy your new mudslimes and pajeets.

There's nothing good in the UK you can't get in america.

No alcohol and reminisces on his childhood. I doubt this kid is out of high school. No females in sight and wants to do "work"
>physical hobbies
all day
then
>code until I fall asleep
So that he can
>live in the most beautiful, diverse, wealthy nation in the world, and know I live a satisfying life
Where? Why isn't it in the post? Why does it matter? What are you working for?

The Dream as I see it is a Family Manse large enough that we don't have to see each other if we don't feel like it. There are a lot of women in my family so bitchfits are common. It should be built on a wing system so we can shut down wings that aren't in use. Big house is big maintenance and that will erode wealth quickly.

I've been enamored with the idea of permaculture. Basically, a farm setup where there is a whole ecosystem with minor optimization depending on the main product.
Variety is the key to strength in the core ecosystem. With overlapping key systems. There needs to be a river/ canal of sorts. The cows feed the chickens who feed the aquatic plants who feed the shrimp who feed the fish who feed the soil which feeds the grass.
And which attracts a variety of fauna for the ecosystem to thrive.
youtube.com/watch?v=4EUAMe2ixCI
youtube.com/watch?v=gvrgD0mAFoU

This is the core family orchard with tons of intrinsic value built in. Lots of long lasting natural stone construction.
The house has to last for millennia so a great deal of work must be done underneath the ground for stability. Gonna need to engineer the fuck out of that.

The pride and joy would be the workshop for fabrication and tooling. Toys are expensive. Custom toys are worse. Making them not so much. Even if I'm not good myself, it allows me to sponsor folks and learn from them. Which does play into my strength of systemic vertical integration and synthesis.
Hopefully, from that we get some nice IP.

All of this is paid for by a network of hotels across the world in various locales. The goal is to increase the various technologies and test sites for adaptions across the world. In harnessing and a acquiring these experiments and diverse value propositions and experimenting with the results. We can be buffered against future threats to our progress and growth.
youtube.com/watch?v=unVGlbPfR8s

>Why WA user?
Hillaries Boat Harbor / West Coast Highway / Freemantle - nothing compares

Mansion in the suburbs, newly built and designed mostly by me.

I want a classic mansion, nothing too huge. Somewhere calm and beautiful, maybe in Switzerland or Austria. If I have 10 million to blow and I can't do anything else with it - might as well go ham on style. I'd employ really good masons and sculptors for years. Basically I want to create a modern incarnation of a classic aristocratic city palace. Something that would have been made in a monarchy 200 years ago and everyone today can't fathom how much it would cost to build with dozens of master masons and sculptors and fresco painters employed for several years.

Fountains and statues on the outside, roof lined with grotesques and gargoyles. Big round atrium in the middle of the house, domed, beautiful frescos and reliefs everywhere, white marble pillars, huge scuplted fountain in the middle. My office lined with wood, intricate wooden floors, handmade and carved bookcases, chairs and desk. Just everything beautifully decorated in excellent craftsmanship.

Could you imagine living among beauty of the caliber of Bernini, Monti, Queirolo every single day?

what's wrong with working? On my days off I spend a lot of time in the garden and improving the property, makes me feel great.

No matter how rich I got I wouldn't want that big of a house. Just a room for sleeping, a room for hosting friends, and a big kitchen with more counter space than I know what to do with. That would all be wrapped around an interior open air garden in the center of the home. I would like a space where I can do gardening without having to necessarily wear pants and where I can let my cat roam freely without worrying about her wandering the neighborhood unsupervised. Fuck lawns and trees outside the home. I don't have time for that shit. If I could get this all in an urban setting, perhaps on top of a skyscraper that would be nice but if it's merely suburban that would be fine too.

probably not enough for what I'd want...

ideal would be a flat in one of the Nash terraces in Regent's Park in Central London (Pic related) - for Monday-Thursday... (lets face it if you make 8 figures from daytraing you'd probably move to a fund located walking distance from here)

and then a big house/mansion in Buckinghamshire (about 30 -40 mins away via train from London) for Friday-Sunday

House with land in the Colorado rockies

Beach house with land and tropical gardens in South Florida

New York City penthouse

Malibu Beach house

House with land and on the water on Cape Cod

London penthouse

East coast Australia mansion on a cliff overlooking the ocean with land.
Plus vacationing in the best hotels and resorts in every single country that isn't extremely dangerous for tourists. I'd also like to be flown into space before I die.

Oh plus a house on a lake in the Swiss Alps with a private forest

And the cape Cod house is on a river near the mouth of it

Every house on the water has a nice dock of course

Mulberry trees are disgusting. Enjoy having your feet/shoes caked in awful rotten berries.

I like this

Be a patron for the worlds best artists to paint and sculpt what they want in my house (within reason, no gay ironic shit talking about rich people). Maybe when I'm on vacation they can hold tours of the "art rooms" in my home. Give away half of the tickets to poor local schoolkids and high school art students.

>House with land in the Colorado rockies
About 1M
>Beach house with land and tropical gardens in South Florida
At least 1M
>New York City penthouse
At least 4M
>Malibu Beach house
About 2M for a shit one
>House with land and on the water on Cape Cod
About 1M
>London penthouse
About 3M
>East coast Australia mansion on a cliff overlooking the ocean with land.
About 10M
>Plus vacationing in the best hotels and resorts in every single country that isn't extremely dangerous for tourists. I'd also like to be flown into space before I die
Sorry bud I think you've run out of money

Damn, sorry bro.

Looks like the house from Children of Men

Gaudy shit. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have money.

Wouldn't happen for $10 million, but I appreciate your vision.

Best yet imo.

i want to build my own house in the middle of poor, but not ghetto community.

the house itself will look normal, but have plenty of anti intruder features and secret passageways/rooms have an underground bomb shelter with an indoor farm.

>not moving to a different country where nobody knows your background and living in a modest house, so you'll never risk getting robbed and you'll save that money for actual investments and not on your own vanity
It's like you don't even want to be rich, OP

>pic related.
Blow 10 mill on a nice house and yard for my wife.

>large tree line

>single, simple deive from my house to a litteral scrapyard

Spend the remainder of my years talking to folks and stockpile cool shit to tinker with in my shop.

Probably gonna do this anyway just on a smaller scale.

#fuckmulberrytrees

Ayyy lmao SA fag

Innawoods, preferably a refurbished cold war bunker, preferably a silo with a small airstrip. preferably with good growing conditions for various flora, a vineyard would be nice but they generally don't build this stuff on prime agro-soil. blueberry wine is quite nice.
this pretty much, but subsistence isn't key, but it would be nice.

maybe a hydroponics racking system in the shafts if growing conditions are not excellent.

No, I don't intend on living in it, A nice Manor, the specifics are unimportant but maybe something red brick, stone would be nice but expensive, more expensive than a silo possibly, maybe a gold course, some water-access would be nice.

maybe forgo the mansion for a large modern-minimalist cabin.

the fireplace and scotch room are a must, maybe a private satellite or a series of wifi directional dishes daisy-chained as signal boosters from somewhere with a good connection, probably expensive but less than 7 digits i'd blow on a private satellite, especially in the long run.

a classic bowling alley would be the tops. rooftop terrace. IR capable quadcopter squadron for monitoring the land, always good for living in remote locations where natural disaster might hit or large predators. nice sized workshop.

I'd like to be near water but with a responsible sea-level. maybe i'll just have to build the underground complex part. maybe power it geo-thermal, or with ocean buoys.

>deriving pleasure from the number on your bank account statement

Net worth is just a number. I greatly respect people who reach a point and say "I have enough" and simply live modestly off their gains, but the people who live below their means trying to maximize their net worth are more vain than those who buy a nice house and nice cars.

so right, personally I have nowhere near the sort of assets described, but what's the point of it if you don't spend it? like LOTS of it, not just on some bullshit name brand lack-of-creativity tropes, but something interesting, at least in some capacity productive and economically stimulating. I think this thread sort of suggests an 8 digit net worth minimum for the sake of fantasy.

accessibility would be nice, solitude is fun, isolation is insane. maybe involve myself in a local small community, as a part owner, have stake in the town in different places, maybe be a silent benefactor.

Let's say the house costs me 1 million. Like I said, it doesn't have to be big.
That leaves me with 9 millions. Let's say I estimate the decoration to take 3 years. That means I can spend 250k every month on artists. I think I could find 10 masters who would be willing to work for 25k a month. I woudldn't get the world elite, but top tier artists aren't outlandish to hire for roughly a thousand bucks a day.

have fun getting shot by niggers for showing off with a lambo

it's about living a quite and peaceful life. You can spend that money on a small piece of land to grow your own tomatoes on, and get fresh non-gmo food, instead of getting a useless fancy piece of furniture. I'd rather sit on my fortune and live a normal life then go dan bilzerian and spend my day trying to fill the void of a crippling depression with hookers and drugs.

agreed, although i do like the sound of "codiene castle"

The pic belongs to the rapper named Riff Raff. That is an actual picture of his Codeine Castle

youtube.com/watch?v=1vAqaUwLg7g

Link is where the line came from. This guy looks like an absolute retard and he has more money, fucks more woman, and has a nicer place than you. Let that sink in.

The memerap industry is really booming.

3 story inner city penthouse with a direct-to private elevator

first story - living room, dining room, kitchen, guest bathroom, infinity pool and spa, loungeroom and other public spaces
second story - bedrooms, each with their own ensuite and walk in wardrobes, more intimate private loungeroom, small office and gym
third story - open air roof with real grass, a small pond, and 360 views of the city, surrounded by a glass dome to stop my dog from jumping to his death.

Dude what are you on about? This is hardly the thread for your nonsense rants

I'd buy a medium-sized home in Laurel Canyon or somewhere a bit secluded in Malibu or the hills (around 5 million), leave aside a million for hobbies (music, tennis, painting), another million for all kinds of shenanigans and spend the rest on luxury condos to rent out.

Not to suggest I'm really unhappy now, but I think I couldn't possibly be happier if this was the case.

muh 6 monitors

A normal house in a nice Alaskan community

>the reason you won't have have that money is cause you live in the US

Kek

This is nice.

I'd prefer something like this.