post THICC

--- NEW SL META POLL ---

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR PREFERRED META LEVEL IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830

OPTIONS HAVE BEEN LIMITED TO 80, 100, AND 120 SINCE THESE WERE THE TOP 3 CHOICES IN EVERY PREVIOUS POLL

IF YOUR PREFERRED LEVEL ISN'T LISTED, PLEASE CHOOSE THE CLOSEST AVAILABLE OPTION

This was the second time they've done guns in a soulslike, it was kind of similar to a resident evil/silent hill setup with ammo being extremely precious and limited, but the gun itself being quite powerful

Gib sliders

I FUCKING DID IT

I FUCKING BEAT THAT UNDEAD GIANT IN LOWER PTHUMERIA

Now I can go kill myself when I get walled by the next boss.

I really need to try this game again, it's so fucking brutal though.

it's default

Event poll

strawpoll.me/10420873/

strawpoll.me/10420873/

strawpoll.me/10420873/

strawpoll.me/10420873/

strawpoll.me/10420873/

>mfw I tried out (Dual) Avelyns for the first time

>Haven't been summoned in days
>Don't see signs anywhere
>Can't bother leveling up to 120 because I've been through the game 4 times already
>Don't feel like picking up DaS2 at no-man wharf
>Kinda wanna start DeS
>Salt and Sanctuary looks cool I guess

What do I do. I'm so bored.

Mfw managed to quit for a week, but came back and made a level 20 twinking character

Played nonstop and got about 220~ covenant items in about 12 hours played on that character. This is probably the worst souls game, but it keeps bringing me back somehow

P-Post build. I wanna build a low lvl invader as well but I have no experience whatsoever in low lvl pvp.

raw astora sword with just enough to wield

27 vig

>120 is winning again
Why do you chucklefucks bother asking.

Doing some research on the abyss great sword, great sword of artorias, and the cursed great sword of artorias.

People are saying abyss is better cause easier maxed phys dmg. Howeve you still stagger without the INT and FTH stats.

I'm on my first play through with a knight. SL 86. STR 43. DEX 24. INT/FTH 11.

Which sword do I pick friends?

Aight. I'll try it out. I made a pyromancer yesterday and Deep Axe just one shots lothric knights with 1 parry into riposte with no stat investment so I had been running that. I however did drop a few points into Fth and Int. What level is adequate?

Go try salt 'n sanctuary. There's no coop/pvp outside of lan, but it's a decent parody of the souls games.

Oh, you can coop in lan?

you can try doing stupid challenge runs

Are you guys going to participate?

+2 the weapon

stay in range of starting levels (you invade 10 levels down)

Good names or (preferably) titles for a dickass thief?
Of kingdom name is getting boring.

I may. Getting a little burned out on 3 and if 1 becomes more active it might be fun

One kills ghosts,One doesn't but has holy so it perma kills skeles, and one has the flashy arty moveset.
Not exactly lan but on the same computer, you also need the stone sellsword item. You also need Egg of wrath for pvp.

is best penis

Aight, I'll go test it out. Should be better than this shit.
I don't use the raw astora SS, but I'm assuming it's better than what I'm using right now in terms of moveset.

I'm using Prisoner's Chain + Hunter's Ring + RoSP +2 + Hornet's
Raw Dragonslayer Axe +2
Warrior Start, 27 vig 20 end 18 str 14 dex

It's pretty fun. You can easily win 3v1 or 4v1s since you're so tanky-- you can practice parrying too since you aren't punished for it. You're a literal god of war and they're just flies that you bat away.

DICKASS THIEF
Stabby Thief
Al Jabarah
Tyrone
Jamal

>tfw protect the pope will never win and is always going to be the runner-up in every single poll

>sl80 cuck

Most challenges seem heh to me. Not really sure where I should go with this. I'll probably fiddle a bit with low lvl invasions. Thank you nonetheless user.

Aight, sounds reasonable. I'm SL15 atm so yeah.

Well, it's still feasible. Sounds like a fun time with friends. Thanks user.

So I should glitch dancer and make my way up to gundyr and armour so I can pick up all the good stuff right? Seems bully to me but I'll give it a spin.

R-Rude. I just had a lot of fun at sl50 in aldrich and was scared of leveling up

never rubberducky user

I can't decide to make this or a 40/40 quality which should i do?

There you can also participate in console wars when you get tired of meta SL shitposting.

git gud

jesus christ how cancer

Cursed one lets you hit ghosts without additional item. Regular has great holy modifier and has one of the biggest ar in it's category with max stats. Abyss GS is the best greatsword in game PvP wise. If you're playing PvE only then I suggest going with the holy or cursed one

>will never invade as a grape named confused agnostic

Why would you actually want an Event that is "Gank Squad Simulator 2016"?

>girls don't appreciate feminine dicks

I'd say level 20 +2 is ideal for undead settlement and high wall. It's a bit low for swamp invasions, but you'll still get summons quite often

>needing to glitch dancer
y-you aren't casual, are you /user/?

It's much easier to just have a higher level character trade you all the rings you need. After that, you just need to do Sirrius's questline to get the axe yourself and rush through the game once to get 15 +10 flasks... or 14, since that gives you 7 in invasions. You can't summon help each since level 20 is much too low for co-op.

It's time to git gud; master your twinking weapon. Mfw raw dragonslayer axe +2 only does like 70 damage a swing on dragonslayer armor

>occult
Stop right there. Just make it +15 and use SLB or DMB

I think the point is that the pope is actually helpless and you really need to bust ass to keep him safe.

>people that use hornet ring in summoned pvp
What a fun way to end a duel

hey all i'm doing a first time blind playthrough of dark souls 1 and want to ask about how to deal with bosses (and also make a blog post)

my favorite games are turn based RPGs so i am very very bad at games like this, i am used to just grinding hard to progress in games

i'm not into action games cause they never really interested me but i tried this one out and i can feel there is really something special about it (i can't explain, but i hate games like these so i am surprised myself) i want to give it a real chance

i am on the minotaur (second boss i think) and my progression on him right now is to climb ladder, hit him with skydive attack, then climb ladder again to fight him there (i think it's easier up in the tower cause the hallway is so narrow!)

i have a problem with dodging his attacks so i die very fast, right now i am trying to memorize the way he holds his weapon pre-swing and try to find out where it will land based on his stance so i can dodge

so here's my question how do i "learn" a boss?

i'm not really looking for specific advice like "here's a good build", i just want to know how should i approach playing an action game like this one, what do you say guys?

I love the delivery of "Be safe, Champion of Ash".

is this copypasta?
fuck off regardless

>He got parried/backstabbed!
you deserved it desu senpai

You'd be surprised.

Why would you actually want a "Greatshield: The Greatshieldening 2 - Lothric Long Spear Poke Special" event?

Just be confident and be yourself. It'll all click eventually, friend.

I was absolute dogshit in DeS, DaS, and DaS 2 in terms of bossing. Then something just clicked in DaS 3 and I can do every single boss without getting touched at all.

I think it's just something to do with fighting the boss to beat it perfectly, instead of just winning and moving on.

Just keep dying over and over until you learn the moveset. Or you could cheese him w/ jump attacks or summon help. The more cheese tactics you use, the harder further bosses will be

Heavyweight should be 100.1 or more desu senpai

How?

Try to memorize his moveset and figure out which attacks you can retaliate and which ones you should just stay defensive for.
Also try to find safe spots where most of his attacks will whiff you and you can get some damage in relatively safely

>>needing to glitch dancer
>y-you aren't casual, are you /user/?
>It's much easier to just have a higher level character trade you all the rings you need.

I'm pretty new to DS so this is my first twink. Never went through the game with a low SL so..
Anyways I can give myself some stuff from the other characters but I have no +1/+2 rings. I guess I'll try and check what I need and how to go about it. I'll probably end up going on that low sl run eventually. Thanks again for all the help user.

Learning how/when to roll is important. You're already on a good path by trying to learn the moveset of the enemy. Most of the times, that's the most important part. Don't get cocky, play it patiently and don't be afraid to die.

Ya, saying heavyweight as 70.1 is pretty fucking boring. It's just the same as regular PvP, except now everyone rolls half the distance.

Heavyweight should be 100.1 or nothin

Why would i do that? i have long fights that last an hours sometimes

Oh also, usually, for big bosses, you'll want to say under their crotch. Usually, not always.

Of course :^)

mmdks.com/883k

What are the decent Pyromancies for PVP? I cant hit anyone with chaos fire ball and firewhip has a long cast time. Impossible to hit anyone with it.

The first time I was ever invaded was an unironical WotG / TwoP / Mom's Mask / Flip Ring / Havel Chest / Soldier Waistcloth dude. He didn't even have a weapon.

Salt and Sanctuary is a lot of fun

Free aiming instead of lock on.

>Accidentally voted for the 3v3 one thinking it was protect the pope
FUCK

Eh, Prisoner's Chain and Hunter's ring are the only things you really "need". You can get the RoSP and Hornet's later while going through the game.

Prisoner+Hunters is pretty damn helpful if you have it right away. I'd suggest buying 600 gold pine resins on your twink then starting a new game and unlocking dancer+Vordt.

Then you can have fun with people invading you expecting a new player but getting Hitler instead.

Slinky Joe

Play Salt. Is pretty decent.

G E T

R
E
K
T

S C R U B

You're actually using the easiest strategy against him, sometimes you can outrun him to the other side and jump down again.
A few tips
Two hand your weapon for extra leaping damage
Against most solo enemies, you can wait when they start an attack then roll backwards once or twice, should give you plenty of chances to observe his attacks, but you're approaching correctly, learn the tells for each move and try to see when you can sneak a hit. You can do this every time an enemy is alone.
Also please use capital "I"s.

>i have long fights that last an hours sometimes
Against a single player or multiple ones? Anyways, you should avoid using split dmg weapons as long as possible and take them out as a finisher of sorts. The buff will help you in single battles for sure

Give me your save file please. I'm too lazy to play through Dark Souls again

help a brother out

Learning the start up animations is big to boss fights

Almost every boss has tells for their attacks so once you learn those tells you know what to do before the attack lands

Fine. I'll be getting it later tonight then.

>Then you can have fun with people invading you expecting a new player but getting Hitler instead.

Made me laugh. Thanks again. I'm keeping note of all this. Will try and make /dsg/ proud.

Parries are great because they discourage braindead spammy play styles but having some guy 1 shot you from full health because he eventually landed his fifth parry is stupid and anti fun.
You should be rewarded for hitting a parry no doubt but you shouldn't instantly win the fight because you predicted one attack.

Where all do you invade?

that sounds so odd it might actually be fun

I'll let this poll run on for a bit longer, because it seems people are a bit sick of events, so it doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer

>make a Knight
>get Faith to 12 for RAW ASS
>dump everything into vig/end
>completely annihilate everything from bosses to invaders (sometimes 2v1's)

I'm at 70 something and have a bit over 1800 hp with life ring and favor. I can R1 spam my sword like 10 times in a row. People see me swinging and think I must be running out of stam and go in for a hit but nope I'm still going and they eat like 700 damage from 2 swings. Had to start using other weapons to actually make the game more challenging.

>there are 8 people who have actually voted for the rogue event
It's literally the meme duel meta with maximum cancer bow rolling attack slapped on top of it.

Prepare to get fucked if you play on ps3

Where the FC at?

Pls upload your savefile somewhere

thanks all, I will be reading future replies but won't be replying anymore, will try to finish the game in my free time

thanks again for all the great advice I am glad I asked.

I can host, but I'm only level 20

lol he thinks /dsg/ still has FCs. This general is dead and so is the game. Wait for the DLC next year.

Because I doubt everyone is going to be that much of a faggot.

It's usually gankers but sometimes it's been long against hackers anyway i would prefere to just make it chaos/lightning/divine/ocult or whatever since i switch out weapons constantly anyway

>It's literally the meme duel meta
daggers are the meme duel meta?

>he did actually capitalize his "I"'s
Not even the original user but that was funny. Have fun user and good luck.

The next dsg event should be tomorrow and it should be DS1 invasions in Undead parish

>tfw activity is drying up in certain SL ranges

invasions suck anyway though, so as long as there's signs at pontiff and the wall we're good

when is the DaS1 event, tomorrow? want to setup a few builds, maybe share the save

NO

But this game died faster than Dark Souls 2 then .Thats impossible because /dsg/ told me 3 was better than 2.

>Cosplay Event
>Why would you actually want a "Darkwraiths with Darkswords Darkswording" Event?

>Gladiator Event
>Why would you actually want a "Roll spam infinite iframe" Event?

Why do you immediately assume everything is going to be the worst outcome?

>fast, rough weapons
Every meta weapon like CCS is "fast", and "rough" is pretty ambiguous.

Should i constantly invade with my sl1 or make a legit character and get the red orb early but level up normally?

Why is gold resin allowed to add more damage than others?

I'll let you in on a secret

Its actually not

Let go of your shield, let go of your armor. Get your weapon and 2 hand it. Iirc 2 1hand r1s stagger him. Always roll into attacks, if you time it right you get iframes and stay in position to counterattack.
Remember to: NEVER level res
Find a weapon/playstyle you like and raise its primary damage stats
Vit and end are important.
For armor, other than looks, you should only care about poise and weight, other stats are irrelevant
Kill the dogs first
Reverting humanity allows you to summon help but leaves you prone to invaders (other players that WILL kill you, have no doubt)
Look around, carelessness and overconfidence will be the reason for at least 90% of your deaths
Now fuck off until you beat the game