/mcg/ - Minecraft General

botefestation edition
Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

piratepad.net/hobopack
dangerzonegame.net/
cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/minecraft/mods/ArchitectureCraft/Doc/UserManual.html
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1441547-1-7-10-ancient-warfare-forge-smp-wip-d-l
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/name/
imgur.com/a/95QhD
youtube.com/watch?v=GVN17U3Vg34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TIME FOR AUTISM

Everybody's moving to 1.10 edition

fuck off
nobody is going to 1.10

bamp

>1.9.meme
pass

Speaking of that: which one would be the best version to play modded?

1.7.10 - the only .10 worth playing

I can't tell if you're joking or not so I'm just going to answer you. 1.7.10 is best. No contest.

Also more like ded thread edition.

Thanks both.

1.10 is a great big mojang conspiracy to divert my modded game to fucking polar bears.

Quit memeing

Everyone will be using 1.10.

The people still using 1.7.10 are like the people who used 1.2.5 and 1.4.6 during 1.6.4 and later.

1.9.4 right now, 1.10 in a week or two

it literally depends on if forge and the cursejews get their act together you tard.
the version the becomes the "next big thing" depends on that, and on whether or not mojang stops scrubbing notchcode at such a fast pace.

until there is actually a reason to use any future version, i will not.

Mods that haven't updated past 1.7.10 at this point are dead mods. We should make a list of mods to clone ourselves just for lulz.

i'm convinced the retards shilling for future versions work for jewcrosoft

Friendly reminder that people who play dumb on purpose thrive on your attention

and i thrive on giving it to them
:^)

>implying they care if mods are updated

One day they'll flip the switch, Win10 will be THE Minecraft, and mods will be over.

that's the point
people will be so used to updating to the lastest meme version, they'll do it without thinking, and then, BAM, jewishness

No, they'll shut down the server that hosts the jars and assets, it'll be illegal to distribute them, modpacks will die overnight, launchers won't be able to function, and modders will find another game.

I've filled my game with way too much crazy shit super strong mobs that all want me dead. will thaumcraft and witchery be enough to protect me? (First time using these mods)

>modders will find another game.
and then /egg/ and /mcg/ will finally merg

>playing 1.10
Auto-jump:
[_] Shit
[_] Shitty
[_] Shitty shit
[_] The shittest
[X] The shittest shitty shit of the shitty shits

shit turned off.

I know you like /egg/ user, but you need to stop pushing a merge.

>>Merging an almost decent general as /egg/ with the sperglords' den

>this auto step up we already have is nice for traveling but can be inconvenient for building
>I know we'll make it 100x worse and turn it on by default.

>implying i'm pushing a merge
it was them, honest

Someone is pushing a merge, every day it's
>hey guys i posted about tech mods on /egg/, there were some good responses
>/egg/ is also about technical stuff guys
>i wish warbros hosted a minecraft server like they do for spengies

Thaumcraft and addons have some solid options. Thaumium is piss easy to make, and a decent material. The shock(lightning) and fire focus are good ranged weapons, especially with the chain upgrade on the shock focus. Runic Shielding is expensive to upgrade, but a very solid defensive investment. If you have Thaumic Exploration in, the amber wand core is excellent for casting and keeping your shields up, as it auto-regens vis, but has a low capacity as its drawback.

Witchery, I haven't used much personally, but know it has things like death protection poppets and such, as well as a bunch of potions.

I hate all the games in /egg/.

We need a better Minecraft.

That's like 5 different people m8. I know because I was:
>hey guys i posted about tech mods on /egg/, there were some good responses
And none of the others
And for the record, they legitimately asked first.
/egg/ and /mcg/ share a few posters, I've seen a few people post /mcg/ stuff in /egg/ every once in a while.
However, they should stay separate.
It's better that way.

>not liking ftd
>not liking factorio
>not liking spengies, if it actually works

I sort of like and hate the shincolle destroyers

They look like retarded monster puppies and that's great but then they talk just like my little maids and my actual botegirls and I shudder a bit

>building a warbors/orokin themed base on hoboserb RIGHT NOW

I'm not sure if I'm part of the problem or not

just curious though, why is 1.7.10 the best for modding?
i'm not playing dumb or anything, my framerate improved from the update to 1.8, so why should i want to play on 1.7.10 other than actual mod support?

>so why should i want to play on 1.7.10 other than actual mod support?
iirc 1.8 is buggy as fuck
1.9 fixed some of it.
but not all

but
>other than actual mod support
is literally the only fucking reason to play minecraft these days.
so that's enough.

Got some pics of that? Sounds shiny

Is it just me or is the Hobo serb download not working in MultiMC or manual download?

i think it's bugged or summat
iirc the hosts are giving hobo some shit or something.
post in the piratepad, see whats up

No clue but the server itself is working fine

I just started so this is what I have so far.

>mention warbros to GTAO
>we all start talking about warframe and /egg/

we're going to reach an autism singularity soon folks

piratepad.net/hobopack

>we're going to reach an autism singularity soon folks

If I wanted to play a dwarf fortress version of minecraft, what would I do?

>it's a warbros merges with mofskype and GTAG and fistfucks it's way to the top so hard everyone gets banned from every game ever episode

>the autism peaks so hard reality begins CLANGing

play dwarf fortress with stonesense. alternatively just make a bunch of folders with text files and move them back and forth trying to edit them ant make it all work even though its hopeless.

>alternatively just make a bynch of folders with text files and move them back and forth trying to edit them ant make it all work even though its hopeless.

I don't want to do that. I just want to play minecraft with a dwarf fortress feel/aesthetic

now you might think terrafirmacraft is the solution but unless you are truly autistic or masochistic you might not enjoy it as much as you might think.

terrafirmacraft is the closist youll get.

>unless you are truly autistic or masochistic
you do know what DF is right? you need to be both to even learn to play.

Ha ha time for a loli hat

Thanks thermal vent

maybe millenaire too.
and roguelike dungeons

>the thought of all my Veeky Forums mains going on in one thread
Holy shit that would be glorious.
And really fucking bad. Don't do it.
Please no

Is terrafirmacraft part of any modpack? It's been in excess of a year since I last dabbled in modding, and don't know if I'm up to the task of relearning all that mess.

I'm partly turned off by the autism and masochism required. That's why I want to go from df to minecraft. I can handle autism, but I really don't have the masochism required.

>all of the super comfy page 10 autism threads are for the most part all the same people
this explains some things

EMBRACE THE UNITY

TFC will NOT give you the dorfy feel, since the game's backbone is still the same.

DF: control a bunch of dorfs and give them indirect orders.
MC, including TFC: do it yourself.

If you want a similar kick to DF, try RimWorld instead.

>there will never be an /autism general/ where all the autistic building/planning/other autisms can come together and create amazing things

Autistic people don't play well with one another.

>4 generals of nothing but autists playing online together
>each one is typically the dominant force in the game

that is a very strange gif

They're not truly autistic people. Tendencies, perhaps, but that's all.

True autists want things exactly the way they want them, usually something similar to their usual comfort zones. This will be different for each, and when the clashes happen, they'll happen hard.

never ever

They spawn in some ExtraBiomesXL biomes. Maybe you have bad luck.I haven't encountered all of the biomes, but they pop up frequently

On that note, any more mods that add monsters and creatures? The one I see aren't as impressive, but I can't be picky.

I'll never understand how people can build so much. I always end up losing interest or getting overwhelmed halfway through a single megastructure.

I don't know, but lately I've been having the biggest craving to carve my own house out of the inside of a mountain.

While we were busy shitposting, Orespawn's dev made his own game, released it, and released a modding API.

dangerzonegame.net/

>/ps2g/
NOT comfy

>despite all the time passed, ps2g is still alive and kicking
I fucking love ps2g

If only Orespawn didn't look and run like shit. His game does too.

I don't know about alive and kicking, but at least it's still there. RIP /civ4xg/ and /hwkg/

Are there any mods that add meaningful manager-esque gameplay to minecraft?

Like, dealing with villagers or something, in a dwarf fortress type way?

if you are decently experienced with DF, terrafirmacraft will be familiar, mineral wise. millenaire will make villaiges less shit, and roguelike dungeons will make dungeons less shit.

id recommend a wildlife mod to add variety but i am not experienced with creature mods (they dont interest me)

this guy is somewhat right but you might be able to emulate a similar to adventure mode minus good combat type of game.

if you are looking for a fort mode game play rimworld, prison architect, or factorio (this one only just barely)

good luck to you.

fences is the best you can get.

Since the server is dead
Does anyone have any ideas for modpacks that would run on a 2gb ram server?
Alternatively ideas for mod packs or mods to put on a server

Make a creative server with only aesthetic mods like chisel, macroblocks, littletiles, biblocraft, etc. Call it InspoCraft.

cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/minecraft/mods/ArchitectureCraft/Doc/UserManual.html
should i use it?

never used this mod before, but it could be close to what you want
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1441547-1-7-10-ancient-warfare-forge-smp-wip-d-l

Finally defeated the Snow Queen.

>fences is the best you can get.
now that i think about it, if you name them with nametags using a name generator ( donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/name/ is great) (so something like 'Urin Umrag, blacksmith) then set up defences to the villaige then build upon them like i recommended other user ( and ) and the more you trade with them the better the trades get (though they are a bit overpriced no matter what if you ask me) and you can get a pretty 'dorfy' feel to the town.

>tfw no one to build megastructures with

join a serb. and maby another user will pop up when your on and you can forge a frienship for autism.

I think someone could make a pack that focuses entirely around Ancient Warfare, but big groups like FTB are too busy circlejerking within themselves to do anything new.

Don't know if I posted these wall designs on here before. I got a lot of positive feedback (and trumpmeme comments) from them.

Here is the album:
imgur.com/a/95QhD

A very diffirent design.

I'm taking a break from the chunkworld project, because I dont want to get a burn-out and get some fresh ideas. I'll post some new builds once I have some.

basically what I'm doing right now

Which thaumcraft addons should I put in?

see

>Minecraft: Educational Edition
Why.

jews

youtube.com/watch?v=GVN17U3Vg34

>Even in the minecraft 1.10 greetings it references this mod.
i'm 95% sure that's just celebrating the fact vanilla wooden boats are finally usable and viable after half a decade

Does anybody have any tips for making good botes?

>all these mods that add content to the endgame
>not a single good one that revamps the early slog of:
>punch tree
>make wood tools
>dig cobble
>make cobble tools
>search for first ores

that's the best part tho

TCon changes that to
>punch tree
>make pattern
>make tool crafting parts