/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #367

Sorry Alice, it's the Pricefield Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10118444
strawpoll.me/10162336
strawpoll.me/10170610
strawpoll.me/10209355
strawpoll.me/10288544
strawpoll.me/10296122
strawpoll.me/10347373
strawpoll.me/10347359

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860
kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html
mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kate.jpg

>Sorry Alice, it's the Pricefield Edition
Okay.

Kate trying to imply she wasn't intending sin herself. Just look at her face in Dirty Minx.

She just wanted to play a little prank on Max.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Best Girl.

You seem to have posted the wrong image. But it's okay, I've got your back.

Oh. Alright then.

She really is the cutest isn't she.

Haven't been here for a few weeks, I think I'm finally free.
Any news?

None at all sadly.

I finished the game yesterday and started after the 5th episode was released.
All i can say is i wasn't disappointed. I didn't partake in any of the theory threads etc. so killing Chloe wasn't too obvious. Of course in hindsight it is, but i thought we would have to kill ourselves in the end. It also makes a lot of sense to me.
I don't think anybody could have actually expected them to explain the powers or explain everything else. Maybe a little followup on Rachel or Prescotts would have been nice.
It's really hard to make a decent ending for timetravel stories, especially for one like this, so i am somewhat satisfied.
The saving Chloe ending sounds a bit shitty tho, glad i took the other one

That's a pretty good brace and momentum transfer t b h.

This kid knows how to bait someone, doesn't he

>The saving Chloe ending sounds a bit shitty tho, glad i took the other one
You're not going to find that's a very popular position in this general. Personally I fucking loathe the bae ending but even that ending is still slightly better than retconning the story out of existence.

>Chloe wasn't too obvious
>It also makes a lot of sense to me.
>It's really hard to make a decent ending for timetravel stories, especially for one like this, so i am somewhat satisfied.

>I don't think anybody could have actually expected them to explain the powers or explain everything else.
>It's really hard to make a decent ending for timetravel stories, especially for one like this, so i am somewhat satisfied.
>The saving Chloe ending sounds a bit shitty tho, ''glad'' i took the other one

how to become the ultimate shit-eater in one second

>tfw he chose one of endings and actually thinking that it does make sense
>''It's really hard to make a decent ending for timetravel stories, especially for one like this, so i am somewhat satisfied.''

Did you keep straight face while typing that plebbittor?

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that the storm's still coming in Bay ending

damn. webm is so cute

>I finished the game yesterday and started after the 5th episode was released... It also makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think anybody could have actually expected them to explain the powers or explain everything else.It's really hard to make a decent ending for timetravel stories, especially for one like this, so i am somewhat satisfied. The saving Chloe ending sounds a bit shitty tho, glad i took the other one

Get the treat treat, faggot

>shit
>implying

Reminder that our next Veeky Forums cup match is in about 8-9 hours! Go /lesg/!

You heard me!

Time flies. Make it stop, Max! Take me with you!

Fuck off. We don't care for Gould's edgelord comics.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

>newfag detected

Go Otters!

Is he... smiling?

Well he's crying I think it's more implied that he's in shock

Otters' Revenge!

She's playing "Overwatch", and has lost to the retarded overtime feature.

Looks like she's playing Monopoly.

If so I can't blame her. Monopoly sucks.

Oh my god, these get better and better.
Are they based on a specific fic or just generally cute ideas?

I would like to clarify something I said in the last thread since I went to sleep and may not have made the point I wanted to.
The point of this was that saving William was a massive change because it altered five years of existence and created different paths for characters: Chloe getting into a car accident instead, Max being less shy/sad when she goes to Seattle so she becomes friends with the Vortex Club, Joyce never marries David so David's just a bus driver and in no position to discover the Dark Room, etc.
Max only realizes these differences because she has memory of another time. This is why changing something in the distant past is bad, there's way too many variables that can be affected.
Where as changing something immediately after it happens leaves practically no room for history to change The future, in every case, is undetermined so there's no telling you "broke" something since you have no knowledge of it since you haven't lived it yet.
And no, I do not believe Max caused the storm. The writers did not convince me that Max was the cause of it.

What in god’s name did you just say about me, you little heretic? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Blackwell Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous prayer cells on Friday nights, and I have over 300 community hours. I am trained in missionary pilgrimages and I’m the top preacher in the Christian faith and practice. You are nothing to me but just another sinner. I will wipe your sins away with forgiveness the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my holy words. You think you can get away with trespassing against me over the Internet? Think again, unbeliever. As we speak I am praying with my network of sisters across the USA and your transgressions are being forgiven right now so you better prepare for the cleansing, pagan. The cleansing that wipes clean the sinful little thing you call your life. You’re delivered, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can save you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my pure soul. Not only am I extensively trained in holding sermons, but I have access to the entire organization of the Campus Crusade for Christ and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your wickedness off the face of the continent, you sceptic. If only you could have known what divine retribution your little “unholy” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your blasphemous tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you godforsaken heathen. I will pour holy water all over you and you will baptize in it. You’re delivered, brother.

Of course Chloe freaking "Price" would beat her at Monopoly. The rest of the day has Max a little sulky and irritated; Chloe is all smug smiles and cheeky remarks intended to rile Max up.

No worries though, Max not giving Chloe what she needs that evening (kisses and cuddles) (also sex) wipes that smile right off of her face and has her begging for forgiveness real quick. Which Max grants her.

>
>No Max or Chloe

Well, it does specify "mainstream" vidya, and I'm not sure LiS can be categorized as such. It is however still unacceptable.

Fucking Gone Home is on the list. There's no excuse for the lack of recognition. Plus like the other anons said there are no Fallout or MGS characters, but Tiny Tina and Steve Cortez each get a spot.

Max would try to seem upset and deny Chloe what she wants, but she would crack with only the slightest bit of pressure.
Just as there's no way Chloe could stay mad at Max for more than a few minutes.
Their arguments. Even the more serious ones. would be short and always end with (at the least) cuddling.

This general is still going? What are you guys doing? :^)

Eventually I will put together a flowchart of similar music, like the /mu/ ones. Got a few ideas working, but to busy to do anything with them.

If you want to contribute, please contact me on steam, or reply to this post.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860

Thanks to photoshopgril for putting together the background image and the second chart,
polaroidgril for assembling the album covers/artist names/etc. onto the background image,
Dr. Zaius for helping in general.

I have a torrent of all the games music, Morali's OST, the Vortex Club party, all the licensed songs (most in lossless format), and all the albums they were taken from.

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4AF55CE2E1F48771E92E4CCE8E92156EC6A96152&dn=various+artists+life+is+strange+ost+2015&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I will be seeding this for the foreseeable future, so even if it says no seeds, leave it up long enough, and I'll come online. PC can't be on 24/7, you know?

kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html

Alternative download on MEGA, if you get it from here, please add the files to your torrent folder to facilitate easier downloads for others.

mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w

Spotify playlist of the licensed music here:
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
It's better than the official one. Really.

FLAC rip of official OST from the limited edition, courtesy of polaroidgril.

mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ

Just got curious and looked at the Veeky Forums league, the schedule says we have a game today against /xcg/ at 4:30ET. But last time the schedule got fucked and things were late.

Season Two when

Oh, God.

That thread.

I despise /v/.

They aren't all that bad

That's even more infuriating.

They are obvious, bland people.

Probably because Max isn't gay and Warren is her perfect match.

If you think Chloe and Max should be a thing, you absolutely know nothing about their relation. :')

Ignore it.

I've been watching this webm for an unhealthy amount of time.Help.
Why couldn't stuff like this be in the game's epilogue? They deserve to be happy God dammit!

/v/, please leave.

Fuck off Michel

What is happening?

They bought a house... Or Chloe bought the house and Max just found out?

They probably just found out their offer was accepted and Max ran outside to tell Chloe.
But it's just so good to see them living happily and normally. There's no worry about time, no emotional pain, no selfdoubt. Just two people in love and being happy.

They're moving into a new house.

Don't let Michel know. He'll use his imagination to make their house burn down.

Probably an announcement next year and release in 2018.

>ywn see Max and Chloe go to IKEA to buy furniture for their new home
>ywn see Victoria and Kate come by for a housewarming party

;_;

I tend to prefer scenarios that at least acknowledges traces of pain.

The drawing in your post, for example.

I prefer an alternate universe where Michel wasn't a morbid french fuck and the two girls grew up and fell in love without anyone needing to be sacrificed for some contrived illogical reason.

That's why I wanted an ending montage like the first three episodes. But since it's the finale you get to show the effects of choices and give an idea of what the future will hold.
But the basic stuff would be repairing the damage from the storm, Max picking up a camera again, David, Joyce and Chloe going to counseling, Kate and Victoria hanging out/ Victoria visiting Kate's grave, Rachel's funeral, Jefferson in prison, Nathan getting help, and ending with something cute of Max and Chloe.
Stuff that shows that there was, and will be, tough times but the characters have matured enough to be able to handle them.
What we got were two very vague and pretty hopeless endings that didn't care what we did the past five episodes.

That sounds like an equally contrived, forced "happy" ending, as opposed to the tragedy.

How? People dealing with their problems isn't contrived and happy, it's reality that you cannot just run from problems. It's a tragedy that the problems exist in the first place.
Good tragedy is subtle, not in your face "LOOK SOMEBODY DIES BECAUSE OF YOU, DON'T FORGET TO CRY!"
A forced happy ending would have been to be able to undo every problem and save every one.

Go Otters! *\o/*

>"Also ref used is from movie paper towns' b-roll"

They would probably cuddle ~whilst~ arguing!

What are ~you~ doing?!

I guess. It's just one list, who cares. Our list has them on top.

I laughed thinking about what kind of montage Michel would have come up with. Like catching the exact moment Joyce explodes, David gets a plank to the face, Kate getting sucked out of a window, and so on. It would be like that scene in Scary Movie 4 I think it was, where everybody breaks their neck in slow-mo in the most ridiculous fashion.

Michel wouldn't allow an ending where Chloe lives because as long as she's alive it means Max can heal.
He would have preferred to show in excruciating detail how the attempts to revive Chloe fail as she bleeds out, show David giving the news to Joyce, show Max (who's on autopilot) react to seeing Chloe again for the first time in years as she dies, and then show Max regain control of her body and descend into madness before the final shot it her standing on the cliff and stepping off.

>there are people in this thread who think saving chloe is the proper ending

>there are people in this thread who think chloe and max romance is right

But those all actually happen in the game, i. e. are not forced! The Bay ending without a doubt is ~that~ fucked up.

The BAE ending is pretty devoid of hope too, realistically, but there we have plenty room for optimistic imagination - without having to force it either. If anything, thinking more than the handful of people out and about died to that clown of storm is forced, rather than assuming the "tragic" opposite.

Yeah. What fool thinks a storm that barely caused structural damage to a diner somehow destroyed every building in town and killed everyone?

Together. Forever.

I know this is bait and with reddit formatting too but..

Reminder that people who think that it's wrong played the game from their own perspective instead of Max's perspective.

What's wrong with Reddit?

If it is from there, they're getting better. They knew how to use greentext.

You have to go back

Always make the *right* choice

I don't get it, so Veeky Forums is trump?

You cannot trade Chloe, she is Priceless

Please stop, I can only cringe so much

Release the Kra-can!

Redditcucks need to return to the shithole whence they came

our next Veeky Forums match is happening today, right?
did we get our aesthetics fixed?

>happening today
Yes.
>did we get our aesthetics fixed
I hope so... SEESAW

Yup. Two more games and then we play /xcg/. Been watching the other matches and they've been pretty fun.
Although now I have that damn DMX Idol crossover song in my head.

We're gonna win!