/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!tFJQ2Q7Y!fxV-7GyibPTnqJKLC8i0TNI9qeeb42HP9FYGPSUzheA
sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/
amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-48-MB-Speicherkarte/dp/B010NE3QPS/ref=zg_bs_316913011_8
mega.nz/#F!itRWTBCL!8K7j_B7ZiVpDvWpsUkhTQg
github.com/plutooo/freakyhax/releases/tag/v1
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for what's some cute games for 3DS

second for al9h is love, al9h is life

third for what's some good rhythm games on 3DS

cute art or cute in general?
Labyrinth no Kanata
Senran Kagura
7th Dragon VFD
Etrian Odyssey
Pocket Card Jockey
Animal Crossing

I was there was a good database for downloading updates for every game. My eshop keeps giving me an error when I try to download,and my ambassador games need to be updated.

How can I check, I just bought this xbox a few days ago.

what error are you getting?
>my ambassador games need to be updated
no way, those things haven't been updated since 2011.

ANY WORD ON A MHX TO MHG SAVE TRANSFER APP.

ANYONE WORKING ON ONE?

I'm trying to trim down my 3ds backlog, point out the shitty games in my collection and I'll delete them

005=8034

The Monster Hunter update is shit.

page 2

>Non-3DS games
The power.

I've just found that my arm9loader sysnand cakesfw 11.0 o3ds is unable to boot DS games. Any reason or fix for this?

>Pokemon games - the folder

Stop using Cakes.

>still no Hyrule Warriors DLC dump

Confused idiot here please help. I did a9lh 3 days ago and now there's an update to it. Should I do this or is there not point? If I format my system do I lose a9lh?

Also sometimes my 3DS doesn't wake from sleep now. Is this an a9lh problem or is it a problem in Luma3DS?

Someone should update the news section with A9LH2

>there's an update to it
could you specify that? a system update? are you on cfw sysnand? afaik you don't lose a9lh, but even if you do, installing it again is with your otp.bin just a matter of minutes

What is that?

No I mean there's an update to a9lh.

oh is that so, I didn't realize that
well in that case idk I honestly only came here to shitpost in the first place

this is why I am saying someone should add a9lh2 to the news section.
You can update if you want but so far I didn't see any real benefits. You definitely don't want to update if you are using GW's a9lh.bin, since that is incompatible with A9LH2

There's no practical reason to use A9LH2 at this point.

Gotcha. I figured it was probably risking a brick if I did something stupid so I wanted to ask first.

Also this really wasn't explained anywhere, but if I format my system do I lose a9lh? I thought injected into the bootrom and would be safe, but I'm not really sure. I don't want to format my sysnand on 11.0 (or above, in the future) and be left in the lurch.

Formatting doesn't delete a9lh, and just for the record you didn't inject into the bootrom.

I assume we can discuss Sm4sh modding here, right? Does anyone know where on the SD card you're supposed to put fighter voicelines? I know music goes in /root/0005000010144F00/sound/bgm , and that seems to be working fine. I don't know where to put fighter sfx, right now I have them all like this for example: /root/0005000010144F00/data/fighter/pikachu/sound/snd_vc_Pikachu.nus3bank , none of them are working though.

>Super Mario 3D Land (Chinese version)

Just got a N3DS at 9.6, is that hackable?

You inject A9LH into the FIRM partition. Bootrom is code that is hidden on a tiny chip which we can't access, which then loads the arm9 and arm11 data from NAND (arm9 data contains the FIRM partition we took over)
Formatting does not overwrite the FIRM partition, especially when you format from Luma3ds which automatically write protects FIRM sectors

yes

can anyone recommend comfy games you can sink into without thinking too much?
even shantea/mario games are too exhausting atm

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Dark Souls III

Rhythm games, try Theatrhythm Dragon Quest.

Thanks for the info. Now I can rest easy.

Holy fuck user. There I chopped a lot of the filler games, were you just downloading everything?

Would it work with Luma

For my Chinese girlfriend

Yes I just went nuts and downloaded everything which looked interesting and didnt seem like shovelware.

>filler games
What? Most of what you marked is actual 3DS games. I understand stuff like re-releases and VC, but what you did just makes no sense.

Works for me, so don't see why not.

>Soul Hackers
>Pokemon Red
>Picross
>Smash DLC
>Tales
>Filler
I'll give you Tales but what the fuck is wrong with you.

Does cakes just not do ds games then?

Im running PlaiSysupdater on 9.2 to downgrade to 2.1, but im getting an error has occurred everytime near the end. Is there are solution to this?

I even bought the game.
Should be somewhere in my room
totally forgot about that game. Thanks!

Please donate so I can buy. My normie PS4 only has two games.

Will look into that too!
Sadly didn't enjoy Miku Hatsune nor the japanese drum thing too much.
Hope this turns out better, thanks!

>Layton but not the crossover
Layton is a whole world better than PW

If you wanted a real point and click sleuthing game you'd be playing Danganronpa.

what CFW are you running?

I used to run Rxtools, but i switched to luna.

I didnt do anything special to the emunand though, should i have? Is there a conversion process?

Did you grab the correct firmware.bin for Luma?

yes i did

>crosses out Layton games
>doesn't crosses PL vs PW
>all pokemon games crossed

well at least you didn't cross out VVVVVV i will give you that

mega.nz/#!tFJQ2Q7Y!fxV-7GyibPTnqJKLC8i0TNI9qeeb42HP9FYGPSUzheA

posting one last time

Rocket slime 3 JAP version

Game is in japanese but if you played the previous version its easy to tell whats going on. The only thing to remember is that in order to save you have to talk to the red slime with a bow near the boat, the game does not have an auto save.

no everything should be working on luma
unless the firmware.bin is not in the correct space or you didn't format yet

i got a totaly unmodified 3ds with 10,6

any change of instaling the homebrew whitout the OOThax?

What is a good way to transfer 3ds themes directly to the 3ds without removing the sd?

Acquire the Freakyforms.

Sure, just use freakyhax or ninjhax

I formatted twice with luma, and copied to firmware.bin

Ill try to downgrade a third time

How do I find "Network" in Windows 10 so I can manage my MicroSD?

Windows 10 computers don't use Network functions anymore.
They're all connected by God.

here again

Crashed a third time

what the fuck am I doing wrong

Im a dumb fuck. The firmware.bin is in my root, not in the luma folder

using file transfer

I guess "filler" games was the wrong word to use.

smash dlc was crossed out by mistake. Not into picross. Pokemon he probably played before.

I only played a bit of the first layton game on ds and wasn't that into it desu. crossover is something I want to try also. Also, I consider PW games better than danganronpa 1 and 2 (still good games tho for different reason)

see above ^ for layton removal. Remove pokemon games as I assumed he played the older ones at least. I'm one of those that got tired of newer pokemon games (last one I played was Y after skipping white/black and 2)

So filler = "games I don't like"
What did I expect from a /v/-related board.

So how do I manage my MicroSD then? When I try and put the SD adapter for my MicroSD into the computer it says the E:/ drive is invalid

So you mostly assumed he has your taste?
>Pokémon VC
I'll give you those ones
Play fucking Soul Hackers

Is it okay to update to 11.0 on Luma3DS EmuNAND if I haven't done a9lh yet? I thought you couldn't downgrade from 11.0, but apparently you have to update to most current firmware to start the a9lh process?

Ok i fixed the firmware.bin location and it still crashed

what the fuck

He didn't specify what he likes. He just said trim down the list, so I did.

>pokemon
have you played pmd? since you crossed that out
no gti doesn't count

>Soul Hackers
Ha

Do you have the survive reboot thing enabled? I think that possibly makes a difference.

Maybe you should pay attention what file makes it crash dude.

Yeah Im trying, it just catches me off guard.

Definitely not a TWL issue though

You tryin' to start something, punk?

Give me 525 Macca

I don't have Macca
I'll give you a Life Stone.

Is there a big difference between microSD types when it comes to the 3DS' performance?
I used to use a 16GB SanDisk Extreme Pro on my n3DS but feel like upgrading to 64GB so I never have to worry about size again

but the prices vary heavenly
>SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC 32 bucks
>SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC 13 bucks
can you even feel the difference on the console?

Thanks. See ya, bitch.

the price differences are due to speed classes/brand. Mostly the class

sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

>SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC 32 bucks
30 MB/s

>SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC 13 bucks
10 MB/s

I believe most people just use class 10 and it works fine

3ds can't use UHS capabilites of expensive cards.

It crashes on 0004003000009802

anyone have any ideas?

I've worked out that the problem with loading DS games comes from the "survive reboots when launching some titles" option. Can anyone confirm if DS games will work on either newer cakes or Luma with this option enabled?

How do you update?

I've got an O3DS with a9lh+Luma installed, but GBA games won't run for some reason. I've tried cia files and QR codes, but those haven't worked. Is there a solution?

can't you just make a safea9lh installer payload and update a9lh?

>amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-48-MB-Speicherkarte/dp/B010NE3QPS/ref=zg_bs_316913011_8
so this one should do fine and every other type doesn't benefit my 3DS in the end?

That's the home menu
unless you modified that or your update folder is broken I don't see a reason why this should be giving you an error

mega.nz/#F!itRWTBCL!8K7j_B7ZiVpDvWpsUkhTQg

shit dude I bookmarked this yesterday and there were only like 10-15 games, seems like the guy is working really hard on this

thanks user

in the luma config, try selecting/deselecting 'Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM'

you can just download the safea9lh2 and aurora's a9lh2 and install that over the current implementation, but it should be in the news section that it exists now at least and maybe that it doesn't work with GW's a9lh.bin for all the gatewait cucks

what's new on a9lh2?

>finally get a9lh and Luma installed after using rxtools for months
>download so much shit through FreeShop that I don't even know where to begin

github.com/plutooo/freakyhax/releases/tag/v1
>Freakyhax now supports the Jap version of the game

>have about 200 games that I've installed and intend to play
>so far I've played nothing but OoT and Fire Emblem GBA

What is this?
Has someone uploaded all the Ambassador GBA games?

ok, im in section 1 of github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

and i copy the files i need, but when i go to secton 2 to write that url, when i select full install it says "Error: secret_sector.bin doesnt exist or has a wrong size" idk wha file its talking abut can anyone help?

so i just downgraded to 2.1.0 and now i get a blackscreen when i boot with the sd card in, if i boot then insert it it just says it cannot be read, any ideas?