/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 10th:
671 – Emperor Tenji of Japan introduces a water clock (clepsydra) called Rokoku. The instrument, which measures time and indicates hours, is placed in the capital of Ōtsu.
1190 – Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowns in the river Saleph while leading an army to Jerusalem.
1329 – The Battle of Pelekanon results in a Byzantine defeat by the Ottoman Empire.
1916 – The Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire was declared by Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca.
1940 – World War II: Italy declares war on France and the United Kingdom.

>News
EU4 DD02/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-2nd-of-june-2016.940420/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V003
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700038250&searchtext=
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698832598
poal.me/1nehy3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_laws_concerning_immigration_and_naturalization_in_the_United_States#20th_century
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

New ck2 dlc when

Me SHITASS

Nicky

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

>posting before linking in the old thread so you get first post

Someone hoi4-ify this pls

WE WANT

defensive doctrine and entrenchment bonuses may be a bit OP

pic related, multiplayer game

pic related, the wall

>Germany lost 1 million men and all their manpower in this single war
>japan attacks china
>I attack japan
>germs declare war on me
>have to get through Poland to do anything
>demands polish player access or war
>polish player joins commies
>I sent a solid 80 divisions to hold Poland
>ends up war of attrition while I finish off jap asia and then head down with another 40k to Poland and Romania
>kek

>Participants

>German Reich

>Allies not in war

>German Reich

???

allies didn't join

found out later that the british player had turtled almost 200 industry and was basically shitting out so many planes I couldn't even invade him with the rest of the world, the American player did jack but his navy stopped any invasions

Fuck this facade of an AAR, I'M HERE TO MEME

Oh my fucking god its right_group

I tried adding a new political "party", monarchism, and it worked!
I tested it with Nepal, and even though it's redundant since their neutral party is already their dynasty, this means that I can bring back the multiple party system from the previous HoI games.

>play as Soviet
>declare war on Turk
>stuck at the mountain and can't progress
>my army lost 200k and the roach lost 20k
what should i do?

quite fast indeed, try to get a better time than 10 seconds next thread

Keep sending armies like stalin would've done

literally kill yourself

>dreamt of my HOI4 session
Is this normal guys? Never had it before.

Reminder if you haven't already to buy HoI4

Sphereing china wasn't a good idea I see.

Go outside you fucking loser

Willy when

>noice
what ideologies are you planning to make ?

reported ;^)

Wouldn't that cause the -whatever relation penalty for a different ideology even though the parties are basically the same ideology?

>liberal republican
what

Did you learn nothing from the history?

/gsg/ general changes guy here, I think I have found why the mod crashes on some PCs and i am going to fix it and upload the fixed mod soon.

delet this
podcat is based

>podcat is based
Yes

Can anyone help me with event coding in HOI4?

I want to make an event that will cause your territory that are core of a yet-non existant nation to become indepedent and declare war on you

So, basically a separatist event

civilwar [ideology] [nation]

>New ck2 dlc when
Why would you want new stuff after conclave ruined it?

copy those civil war events

>not knowing basic American politics
Republicans have always been the liberal party by the actual definition of liberal, ie; smaller government. I guess the mod creator wanted to illustrate the change from the old perception of the Republicans as liberal to the modern perception with two different parties.

based user

But it's not a civil war, it should be like when you're playing France and if you have low manpower or national unity, Libya delcares an independence war.

>play as Nazis
>1939
>save, switch to France out of interest, to see how the AI is progressing
>they have 41 military factories, 52 civilian factories and eleven dockyards
>mfw
Is that normal? Are they supposed to be that far behind?

At some point, the main problem is getting the flags, although I suppose most could be reused

I'm not really sure, I'll probably just reuse the ideologies from HoI3

I suppose, that would be odd for democracies but for fascism and communism it wouldn't affect too much

Can you integrate more NATO counters to it?

Also found a historical portrait mod, it's not finished but if anyone's interested:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700038250&searchtext=

Landing encirclrment: send a big armor + mechanized/motorized force to the coast behind their front and flank them while simultaneously attacking them from the mountains.

Or just stop being a memer and land troops on Istanbul and take the Dardanelles Strait.

In V005 i probably will, but what I'm trying to do is make sure that v004 doesn't cause CtD on some computers

cool now this happened

How to play a white South African nation in HPM? Do I need to play england and wait for a decision or something?

I tried playing as the Zulus but whitey keeps stealing my land.

you don't

you try to play a white south Africa, but then have HPM's events turn you back onto the historical course =)

I happened to have a Willy portrait for HOI4 handy

>France
Yes

thanks

You seen the post about being able to add new parties? Think you should look into integrating it for the mod, you're doing gods work user

and that

ha ha, time to waggle

I've seen worse/better
Though mine was AI

Was the same for Britain though, 59 civ factories, 42 mil and 20 dockyards. I playing it slow this time, mostly industrializing instead of taking lands left and right and are already outproducing them on planes

>Nationalist Spain didn't join the Axis

Lucky on your side. On mine I was massacred the first time and then slogged through while Italy casually pressed on both fronts by sending the 3/4ths of its army to Spain and spearheaded my spent troops in the Alps

I don't care about ideologies lad, when are you going to add meme religions

Yeah, wait for the Boer nations to spawn and pick one. The british events that release these nations let you choose one of them.

Can you fix the fascist Brazil flag? The one Paradox made for it literally never existed.

This is the flag, by the way.

Why can I not get swastika.tga to work no matter what I try? I'm saving it as a 32bit... no compression

What gives??

Doesn't Spain get a national spirit that prevents them from joining factions until Germany researches the right national focus?

a war of independence is a civil conflict

I've already added it to the mod, here is the pastebin for the mod. beware, I have not yet solved the issue where the mod crashes on laoding textures on some computers.

pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

does anyone else think entrenching is a bit too powerful

>roll mp Poland
>entrenching doctrine intensifies
>spack out a few 6-9 inf, 2arty, 2 AT divisions
>fortify the fuck out of the border states
>wait for inevitable early german blob attempts
>he can't break through a single part of my line
>have a year of him banging into me while france invades and germaboo rage quits
>get eaten by shiteating commie player just as berlin is about to fall

literally nothing can stop entrenched units

fucking wannabe greeks

user who made the Baldwin and Hoxha portraits here. Feel free to use those in your mod for historical immersion.

I'm going to make a Wilhelm II portrait too, you can use it too if you want (or any other memers).

Was just reading about these guys. Good shit

which is defensive doctrine?

Well, I'm not sure, but that certainly didn't prevent Nationalist Spain from joining twice in a row

Maybe it's ahistorical AI, but I certainly got zero warnings about it

Why can I not get swastika.tga to work no matter what I try? I'm saving it as a 32bit... no compression

What gives ??

bad BAD goyim
how is this acceptable?

is there any particular one that has an easier time not getting "culturally enriched"?

it's that palling one where you get like 10% increase to entrenchment and is effectively ww1 doctrine

aah, third from the left with all the planning bonuses?

hey mate
Im the guy who requested the hoxha portrait, can you convert it to dds?
Also Hoxha isn't a monarch

Thanks

The game detects any swastika and automatically prevents them from showing

>V2 has Israel
>HOI4 doesn't
>HOI4 doesn't have ANY reminders of the shoah and the 6 million hitler killed
>JoJo The Handersson was actually a neo-nazi jew killer all along
OY VEY

Grand Battleplan Doctrine?

How does peace conference works?
I took part in war against USSR, won and I get automatic peace conference. Russian Empire gets almost everything.
Is it because I staged a coup with Russian Empire?
I play as Poland in Axis.

You realize there's going to be a jew/israel DLC for $59.99 right?

It'll be a "Deluxe Expansion".

Transvaal is the strongest, Orange the second strongest. Natalia spawns faster, but it's very weak.

>british border guard stretches far into desert wasteland

Will this be the same at 1939 and why is this allowed?

this is hoi4 general now
piss off fags

Could you also use this in your mod?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698832598

poal.me/1nehy3
poal.me/1nehy3
poal.me/1nehy3

This is actually retarded because your troops take massive and constant attrition, pushing through takes forever and supply is non-existent

But that doesn't stop the AI from drawing a front "all along the border"

As France or the UK, pushing strictly across the coast works extremely well and will demolish the Italian pocket, same as Italy against France and UK

Thanks.

Brazilian society, culture and language are in many ways influenced by Greek classicism. The sigma on the flag means the union of the Brazilian people and all of it's races under one flag, one culture and one nation.

They were pretty based tbqh but they kept distance from Hitler and nazism in general because they didn't support Hitler's racist views. There were people from all races among the movement. Some of the members even supported a reverse eugenics state policy to enforce the creation of a single Brazilian race in the future. Kinky 2bh.

Is this movie enjoyable enough for GS players?

HPM, are you still here from last thread?

If so, with the new immigration quotas reform, were you aware that the United States established relatively strict immigration quotas by the early 1920s? I know that's late-game and might not have significant impact, but from a historical standpoint it should probably be represented.

Best overview I could find was unfortunately Wikipedia. Note in particular that the quotas established by the 1921 quota reform were harsh (very limited immigration from places like Eastern Europe, Asia, etc.) and mostly in response to the rise of Communism in Russia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_laws_concerning_immigration_and_naturalization_in_the_United_States#20th_century

Express your concerns about HOI4 and how to fix them?

The AI sometimes doing nothing has been pointed out.

I honestly thinkg HOI4 is much better than what I expected and I am really enjoying it. But I wish the AI had some tweaks, apart from that and stupid names, it's one Paradox finest games up to now

no metaxas line
france and britain keeps blobbing into italy or germany

>Express your concerns about HOI4 and how to fix them?
it's shit
it's a tablet game
everything is shit
it's a 4x slapped on a map of the world, maybe call it a 3x
it's shit

Tom pretty miscast but is ok. Rest of the cast are strong.

Following a large wave of liberal protests throughout the empire in 1838, the Queen decided to take action.

Gathering the Navarran nobles and her advisors into a formal parliament, creating a constitution to limit her own power (of course, not by too much - the monarch was still ruler by divine right), and soon allowing Spanish aristocrats and land owners to vote would be enough to appease the people for now. An in-house election was thereafter held to determine the first Prime Minister of Navarra.

hoy4 is the greatest game ever made

It just needs some polish and DLC but it'll be better than anything ever made in the history of Paradox soon

I for one can't wait to buy $200 worth of DLC a year for the rest of my life.

HOW DOES HE ALWAYS BEAT THE STEAMGROUP????????

WE HAVE TO STOP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs stockpiles. The supply model doesn't make much sense otherwise.