/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous dream: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

First for Oedon Chapel Dweller

If I roll a new character specifically to use the stake driver, would you laugh at me

Talk me into using W H E E L

>tfw chalice Bloodstarved Beast killed me 12 times
>but I did Abhorrent Beast in one try

Yes

>Now I will show you mercy. You will die, forget the dream, and awake under the morning sun.

You're not supposed to remember.

How does that work?

Does anyone have that picture of the hunter holding the unborn child like a plate of pasta taking a whiff

I am the host of this Nightmare.

"forget the dream" is not meant in a literal way.

Here comes Lucifer posting the same shitty, non-interesting, non-informative, non-comical, useless webms once again.

Why do you constantly post these here and in /dsg/ like you're helping anyone out?

FUCK ANTIDOTES, that's how

Also he ate my face three times because I kept trying to parry his grab

The Abhorrent Beast was super easy, even if I did waste 20 bullets trying to figure out his parry timings

(it turns out he doesn't have parry timings)

>manlets will never appreciate

>The doll referring to the dream as a fond, distant memory is literal
>Gehrman saying you'll forget the dream isn't
>Because I say so

Why didn't you just use a blood cocktail after like your 3rd death to BSB?

Because it makes more sense, everyone remembers the dream.

still got that fresh-from-the-queen smell

Thanks dude that's one spicy fetus

YOU CAN DO THAT?

why? based off the doll's prayer?

Seeing how the feeling of the hunt the bell talks about easily falls into that I'm not so sure

Don't you think if everyone remembered that they'd be like "oh fuck this nigga's Gherman's newest recruit, fuck this shit I'm out."

>why? based off the doll's prayer?
Yes. Also based on the fact that Djura, Eileen and Alfred remember the dream.
Eileen remembers the doll too.

Eileen and Djura do. There's no evidence for anybody else remembering it, and given how most of them end up staying in Yharnam and going insane it's more likely most of them don't.

Eileen remembers the doll, at least.

>There's no evidence for anybody else remembering it
Alfred tells you that you have to find your own way after he kills you.

I don't see how you get that he definitely remembers the dream from that.

It means he knows that you will revive.

Eileen remember a lot, I think. She's a sharp broad, and considering her arsenal, it's safe to say she probably knew Gherman even before the Hunter's Dream came to be.

But if you get to the point where she ends up fighting you, she's gone completely off the deep end: so desperate to end the hunt that she's willing to kill anything that looks like a hunter, even if you'll just keep coming back for seconds.

Did Alfred become a hunter because Crowsteel kept bullying him and stealing his sperm?

updated to dlc version when

I can't into it, also roll

Alfred started out as a Hunter and then became an Executioner, so who knows.

That chart's way too static. Some of the options should be additions of various numbers, not just strictly tied to one of three digits.

>become a hunter
become an executioner*

The thing is, none of that conflicts with forgetting the dream being literal.

They all remember the feeling of the hunt where they can't die. Eileen refers to her past immortality, Alfred refers to your immortality. Djura knows he once dreamed, and that wouldn't be hard to figure out seeing how many dreamers there are, and how he too remembers what that hunt felt like. Even details like the doll can make it outside the dream, since it's not like even your player is forbidden from speaking about it at all.

The only thing that would is the doll's prayer, which isn't specific enough.

Is the Tiny Tonitrus even any good?

not as good as the glove
tbqh there's no spell in all of soulsborne that's as good as the glove

Yes, I use it all the time.
It's very effective against multiple enemies.

DS1 Pursuers are just like Glove, except they can oneshot you.

They can't be fired at a rate of one per second though

Pursuers are slower and patched into oblivion. Glove has some pretty good combos too, especially with blacksky, and can be used as a heal punisher in some instances.

It serves it's purpose. The Glove and ACB are better, but if you've got a beckoner who's constantly drawing aggro then running to the other side of the arena and you want to conserve bullets then it's not too shabby, which I've found happens a lot with Ebrietas, and she's weaker to it so bonus.

If the Living Failures and Celestial Emissary weren't already pushovers it would be greatly useful for those fights, but as it stands you can do them with a +0 weapon blinded and spinning on your dick anyway.

Why is there so much babies in this?

the loss of a child and the search for a surrogate is one of the biggest themes of the game

Miyazaki wants ENB out of the fanbase

Because Oeden can't keep his otherworldly cummies to himself.

was disappointed with his lack of reaction to Oceiros
would've helped if they didn't cut the baby getting crushed and dying in agony sfx from the game

This pic is giving me a boner that I cannot understand

Do I need more Insight?

It's more likely that you have too much
Check out your frenzy bar if you fap

Fuck this, can I get help with BSB? Fucking labia for a face.

Password is fugg

Old Yharnam one? I'll ring

yee

What's with all you people talking about "muh FCs hurrdurr gotta have 50 vit and lvl 47 for le FCs"?

Nobody even does FCs anymore except for the occasional impromtu saturday attempts at them.

what are you even talking about

Ringing.

strafe left a lot

Someone's mad about not getting invited.

short and sweet

ty user

Based on the way other NPCs speak of it, they have been released from the dream without losing their memories. I'm with user that Gehrman's meaning there is "you'll no longer be bound to the dream" moreso than "you're gonna wake up hung over as fuck man".

>their memories don't conflict with losing all memory
>they just remember it

wut

How the hell do I make that jump to the old workshop?

I have such a hard time with it every playthrough I dread it more than most bosses.

Easy, get on the bridge and roll towards the rope.

read the post again dude
They remember the feeling of the hunt, not the dream itself. They have access to enough information outside the hunter's dream to know that they were once dreamers, without actually remembering their own individual experience in the dream.

>Mercyless watchers
>Maneater boar
>Undead gigant
>Brainsucker
What am i doing to myself? Is there even any point in playing fucking Chalice dungeons?

Nice

To git gud.

Just walk in and slowly walk off left. You only need like 20 vit to make the fall.

The fall dmg actually scales with your vit so you can always hit the first ledge and live

Shhh... Paarl is sleeping.

I'd like to add that Tony Tonitrus is not as effective against Ebrietas as ACB, or the gloves even, assuming you have points into Arc.

ZIPPITY ZAP WAKE UP MOTHERFUCKER I'M DYING TO HAVE SOME DISCO PARTY TIME

Why is DOLL so TALL?

snu snu

Against large bosses Tiny Tonitrus is way better than Augur.

she's not tall, you're just a manlet

Does changing your characters build proportions affect their height as well? I just got summoned on a new-ish character and I could swear I was taller than the other two guys.

A. Miyazaki tends to make characters of interest larger than the player character (see any souls game ever)
B. Gehrman randomly made her so, for no discernible reason
C. Doll is somehow related in some way to Pthumerians

>Why doll so tall

She's not, you're just a manlet.

only the size of your head should have any bearing on the height

user WHAT THE FUCK

He's big because he's turning into a beast, notice his arms

I don't know about C, but A is almost certainly the case.

Maria isn't super tall though, is she?

also
>(see any souls game ever)
Unless my memory fails me Demon's Souls didn't do this at all. Even the enemies weren't all 8-foot tall knights/soldiers.

She is prime mothering height.

Also she's a doll of Maria, who was a relative of Annalise, who is related to the Pthumerians

Yeah Demon's Souls is the only game where humans aren't two meters tall.
You also can't get downscaled versions of the armor sets that giant characters wear.

That's what you get from putting a fork into the power socket

False King allant?
So it does have one use. It's better than augur against big enemies

>False King allant?
He's a demon

Sure, but everyone else is normal height.

Compare to BB and Dark Souls III where everyone but the human NPCs is twice as tall as you. at least in BB they're half-beast, in DS3 they're tall because fuck you

>Implying

You mean womanlet, like I'd ever have a not female hunter.

basking in the afterglow of a 6 hour session after an extended dry spell with DaS3 and W3

try as I might, I just can't like the Witcher, I got all the way up to defend Kear Morphine and my heart sank when they asked me to ''assemble your allies'' fuck you I want more contracts I don't care why is there so much bullshit in this game that does nothing

That's something I like about Bb, they chiseled the souls mechanics until it felt like you were fighting like a hunter, then built it up from there, you're able to role play a specific role with no unnecessary bloating.

Does this mean you're finally gonna shut the fuck up about W3?

Besides the everything, the best part of BB over the other Souls games is they trimmed all the bloated shit off. No RES/Luck/splitting Endurance into two stats. The entire Dark Souls series is full of ideas that were clearly never finished, but BB overall feels far more slick.

They still didn't do away with durability though even though it's a less important game mechanic than the battery life of your controller...

I dunno do you think you'll ever stop suckling dick?

No.

The hunter is just tiny. Everyone in Yharnam towers over him.

Which is a better starting weapon saw spear or saw cleaver?

Spear for skill cleaver for str.