In case everyone moves over and doesn't see my issue:

--- NEW SL META POLL ---

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR PREFERRED META LEVEL IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830
strawpoll.me/10405830

OPTIONS HAVE BEEN LIMITED TO 80, 100, AND 120 SINCE THESE WERE THE TOP 3 CHOICES IN EVERY PREVIOUS POLL

IF YOUR PREFERRED LEVEL ISN'T LISTED, PLEASE CHOOSE THE CLOSEST AVAILABLE OPTION

So, what the fuck was changed about curved swords? Did they change only the problem of carthus or all of them? Can you now use carthus without being cancer?

They don't roll catch anymore.

Their R1 game is still pretty cancerous.

playing for the first time. started with the first dark souls. i'm stuck right before capra demon, i think i'm too weak? or am i supposed to go somewhere else first? i have barely gotten any levels or equipment, playing as wanderer

got out of starting prison > undead burg > bell gargoyles took me a few attempts > now i'm stuck

post more Weaponfu's

Who is that supposed to be? Anastacia?

Wait so the fucking twinblade combo is gone now right?

>40AP buff

literally the best weapon in the game

>They don't roll catch anymore
Carthus still rollcatches, I don't see any difference

Reddit get out.

THE AGE OF CAESTUS CANCER FALLS UPON US ALL

did scaling get buffed?

Did Straight Swords get a nerf?

Animation cancelling with curved greatswords WA/jumping attack.

Who do these Caestus shitters think they're fooling?
Estoc is unstoppable, give it up. No reason to use anything else.

try going to darkroot garden/basin, you can get there from the blacksmith from the right side of the parish

settle down friend

which crossbow to catch runners?

>No Halberd
>No Estoc
>No Rapier
>HAND AXE
>No Chaos Blade
bait

Why can't DS3 have better covenants?

No, you're in the right place. Capra is just a bitch because the dogs rush you as soon as you enter. If you can dodge the initial rush and kill them, Capra himself isn't that bad.

You can also try exploring the area beyond the blacksmith. Just run past the lightning guy. There's some good stuff back there that might help you.

As a dedicated pyro (one who plans on using mostly chaos/dark/raw weapons) what is a good place to stop leveling my Int/faith?

I realize that up to 40/40 it still pays out but I mean what's a good place to stop and focus on other stats. I feel like I may have underestimated the MAD of a pyro build as I'm already level 60 and most of my (important) stats are still in the 20s

Estoc has shit range now.

Thank you from

Capra is a boss most have issues the first time. The result of the fight is decided in the first few seconds. If you kill the dogs then get space to avoid, you have won. You can try two of the easier approaches:
Stack poise, slams dogs, then run upstairs or go inside, roll left, climb upstairs then bait the dogs and jump down.

You can also explore the area past Andre.

>just equip carthus curved in left hand and 2h for pre-patch speed on that as well.
>Also gotthards and glaives were untouched
twitter.com/EIiitti/status/741296370343149568

Capra and his area is just the first difficulty spike.

light for the lightest option
Knight for lighting bolts and lighting damage
Arablast for highest damage

Avalin or sniper

2 year dev time, 2 directors, the second showing up midway through and brought an additional co-director with him

have to give from credit for actually being able to put out what it managed to under those conditions with no delay

>darkmoon dead covenant
>gravelord NG+ only dead covenant
Ugh

Range was untouched, you're probably shit at spacing and should go back to using an UGS.

Capra is basically the first "git gud" boss you face, you have to learn to separate and control multiple enemies at once, beyond that Capra himself is not super hard.

Of course, if you want to cheese it, you can also just lob Dung Pies over the wall.

fun twink weapons for dark souls 1?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

KEKSTOCKFAG STATUS = BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

JUST LIKE THE CLAYMOREFAGS THAT PICKED UP THEIR FAVORTIE WEAPON FROM DS1 IN DS3 AND FOUND OUT WHAT A HORRIBLE ABOMINATION MIYAZAKI TURNED THIS WEAPON INTO

CLAYMORE? MORE LIKE CRYMORE!

Am I a hipster now because I did it before it was cool?

strawpoll.me/10420873/
strawpoll.me/10420873/
strawpoll.me/10420873/
strawpoll.me/10420873/
strawpoll.me/10420873/

Event poll

chaoshander

>was using an ultra weapon with an offhand curved sword/straight sword
>it's literally going to be the meta now

Show me some your epic spacing :^

claymore is amazing

Blacksmith Giant Hammer, Reinforced Club, Jagged Ghost Blade

but caestus is one of the biggest counters to estocs

idk man it feels somewhat lacking to me.

Don't you get a damage penalty for using a left handed weapon?

And why would glaives be touched? They already had the spin2win nerfed.

AGS is better in pretty much every way.

Claymore is still king, just harder for nooblets like you to use.
Estoc is basically the same as it was in DaS1, strong as fuck.

Go back to ((reddit)).

>Don't you get a damage penalty for using a left handed weapon?
No

>it was discovered by /dsg/
>posting a-celeb
REEEE

That's been the only viable way to use ultra weapons since DS2.

Post your favourite fanart

It's the artist's character, wearing Dingy robe and Smough's leggings. He's drawn her in other situations too IIRC.

Shit guys, I've been waiting for my strong man build.

Should I go quality, or pyro and make it dark/chaos?

>Don't you get a damage penalty for using a left handed weapon?
DaS2 feature

>FK
>left handed
>pink hair
It's shit

>crystal Lothric knight sword gets S int scaling

What the fug was it always like this

Yhorms is one of the best GA for the simple fact that you can't fucking out space it unless you have the longest spear in the game.

40/40/30 with Hollow Infusion. Yields more damage than quality

>Not knowing the meta of ugs since ds2
>Since ds2
This includes ds3 before people get butthurt I named he who should not be named.

Ah, thanks. Who is the artist then? She is adorable.

>literally just traced 3d models in the background
>shield in right hand
>OC-do-not-steal sword design with reverse grip
>fallen joke redesigned to look like some JRPG trenchcoat
Jesus christ, this is embarrassing.

Yes. Lothric Knight Sword and Shortsword both get S with lightning/crystal

Nah, but your opinion is shit.

But he's good at spacing, not you. You're lucky because this guy don't have phantom range

L2 L1L1 congratulations you won the fight

I agree with you one hundred percent but I do wish there was a weapon you could wield backhand.

The game might get too anime at that point though.

>finish one invader
>try using red eye orb
>invaded again

Fuck I just want to invade some fuckers, what's the point of killing people in my world

ive been reking with it b4 the patch

>Sully is a fountain
DEEPEST LORE

post build

Kill your area boss dumb dumb.

Only with certain weapons. Not every weapon gains more from hollow than refined, though it seems to be pretty arbitrary and case-by-case.

Normally, weapons gained a fixed bonus from those respective infusions, but certain ones have unique interactions that are presumably just snuck in for the sake of balancing. I guess the newest example is the manikin claws gaining 3 letter grades of strength scaling with refined to put it way above hollow.

Stuff like that and AGS are cool and all, but its really unpractical. If you build a mage with a heavy weapon then you'll lack hp and stamina.

The dagger and Handmaiden's dagger have a unique moveset and grip when left handed.

If it wasn't for his bullshit shockwaves I would have punished every single swing he did.

Anyone else get a little bit of chub when you use any lightning miracle?
With pyromancy/sorcery, it feels like the attack just comes out of the catalyst.
But lightning, you fucking wind up and put your whole back into it, like out of all of them lightning feels the most satisfying.

Halberd is the second one. Use your eyes desu.

lol

btw what did the patch change about estoc/raipers?

Ok I feel stupid as fuck, will go do that

>want to rush through ng++ to get the +2 rings and get cheevo
>still autistically compelled to pick up every glowing white ball in every area

Their R1s slow down significantly after the 3rd one and they consume slightly more stamina.

Sulyvahn is convoluted

So I've got a +7 simple caestus from before the patch. It's pointless to keep upgrading it now, right?

Stop it user. I do the same thing

you can buy Alluring Skulls from the merchant up the ladder to the right from the fog gate
throw them at the ground and the dogs will attack that spot for a while allowing you to kill them safely

>Barrel Souls III
>He's a statue
Way too fucking deep.

They didn't do anything to the FP regen of simple infusions. Cestus parries have more recovery, but still less recovery and faster startup than the buckler for similar parry frames, so it's still the best parrying tool in the game

The WA change is that they require half of their FP cost to get full effect instead of just one, but a simple cestus still regens fast enough for most WAs to remain spammable under these new conditions. Only WAs seriously affected are super expensive ones like Morne's.

>that little mini stand he summons

>being this content using a shitty toothpick

>more signs than DaS3

DID THEY NERF CAESTUS PARRY OR NOT?

What these guys have said, plus you should invest in a few charcoal pine resins from your friendly neighborhood moss lady, as the demon is a bit of a puss when you use fire. Also it adds damage, not turns your regular damage to fire, so that's a plus

>faster startup than the buckler
Exactly the same strartup as the buckler. 8 frames for both.

Increased recovery.
It's hard to test startup and active frames but preliminary tests find no notably difference. Only the recovery has received a significant change, but it's much longer now (similar to a buckler)