/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #44

Last Thread: 'Murica, FUCK YEAH edition

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 details here!
perfectly-nintendo.com/yo-kai-watch-3-website-update-details-yo-kai/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
We're actually working on sprucing this baby up. Feel free to contribute!

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Other tags: Yokai, Youkai

Other urls found in this thread:

kkomasan.tumblr.com/post/145701003304/yokai-watch-3-website-updates-1006
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=バニー・ミント&abt=y
youtube.com/watch?v=ijgZ_QZmlz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kkomasan.tumblr.com/post/145701003304/yokai-watch-3-website-updates-1006
Presenting more details about YW3 goodies, including linking, zombie night, and other good shit like it.

I wanna stick it in her!
Is she a Yokai?

looks like a simple human scientist. Backstory unknown, but my money goes to her having something in relation with Maddiman.

Maddiman was a medical doctor though, she seems more like a mechanical doctor

She's the one who made the Zom-kai and is being looked for by Mulder and Skully.
calling it now

The zombies do look like something maddiman could have made though, if his own experiment has anything to say.

>youkai
>mon
>tsuchigumo
>shota
Are you retarded?

Well I guess it's not even a question when you write "guides" in MS Paint with half Japanese half dub names

Speaking of
>lavalord
That one's just sad

Your site is full of small mistakes, did you even read everything?
For example medals can only be traded between friends, not strangers.
And to escape zombie night you have to ring the dawn bell (so it's basically just an updated version of oni jikan).

not my site. Just found it and it had some nice info

Alright, well don't rely on it too much, it's missing a bunch of stuff too.
>モーシンデルマート

>FBY
Federal Bureau of Youkai?

Tomnyan ends sentences in meow (miau) instead of nyan

>the Y file

Goddammit Level-5.

Is the X-files popular in Japan?

I love these recent InaUSA stories that reveal how these guys died and became yokai. Roughraff next week.

Dat human Dismerelda tho

Warner Village (Wild West style, you can ride a horse)

Area is called North Pista (might be an abbreviation but not sure)

COMFY

Cowboy Keita confirmed

>Warner Village
...Looney Tunes?

I wonder if those kids at the court are his new American friends.

Does he just leave all of his friends in Japan, or do any come with him?

Unless their parent's workplace sends them to America too i dont know how they'd come along with him.

From left to right, top to bottom:
UFO
Y File
Level5 trying to make Kinoko nurse popular and failing
Inausa mecha fight
BBQ
Keita's raft (kinda looks like one of the hazure clips)
Some shopping minigame, I assume it's in Moushinderu Mart and you have to grab shopping items and run away from zombies
Looks like the crappy rhythm game in YW2 but with Inaho and NyaKB. In YW2 at night in Otsukai Yokochou, I think randomly, Keita clones (actually Monomanekin) show up and make you play a rhythm game where you have a paddle that you drag around a circle and try to catch beats with as they fly from the center of the screen to the outside of the circle, controls are awkward though

That's kinda sad. I always felt sorry for kids that had to move from their home country.

>Kinoko nurse
Who?

You can train Mynyan, I'm guessing the first option is training stats, second option is resetting stat changes, and third one is teaching it a skill (passive) or a move.
You also have to choose a cat youkai to be the teacher, and the results of stats training will change depending on who you choose, though it's not said whether it also applies for the skill/move training, only the stats. You have to wait a certain amount of time for the training to complete. Looks like a few minutes on the screenshot unless they use a weird time notation. Since Nyanpachi-sensei shows up you can assume he will be befriendable this game (I don't think he has been so far).

Wannabe idol mushroom who competes with Zukyukyunta in a YW2 quest series
Evolves from Kizunameko who is also part of that quest series and also befriends you automatically once you get to grandma's house and rescue her from getting bullied with opposite faction (honke/ganso) youkai.

Meant by opposite faction youkai, not "with"

Can someone pls upload that sweet bunny mint fan art that i missed?

last thread is still archived. Check there for some.

kill yourself

Oh great more idolshit.

You get Sushi/Tempura coin from scanning QR codes from physical copies, with high chance of getting an S rank youkai.

Yeah, moving away from your friends is always sad, even if it's something like out of town or state. Being a military child it happened to me a lot. As cool as it will be to explore a whole new area i'm going to miss the familiar faces.

pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=バニー・ミント&abt=y

Take your pickings

>tfw prioritize mom's shopping list over the danger of zombies

fumika is no longer playable in 3

Keita-Kun's mom is scarrier than Zambies.

Fumifags on suicide watch.

And nothing of value was lost

To be fair, Fujoshit's even worse.

What fujoshit is in Yokai-watch?

Hopefully Fumifags won't derail Yo-kai watch threads on /v/ anymore. We have pokemon shitposters for that.

Not particularly i think. At least she has something of a personality.

The new girl, inaho.
her character is pretty much "Lol, look how much of a Fujoshi I am! ALIENS, ANIME, HURRRRRRR!"

I'd rather have a bland girl than one with an annoying as fuck personality.

So...one of us?

wait, YW threads still pop around /v/, or are the usual 'bait' threads?

Eh, we can at least be a little funny sometimes.
That can't be said about her

>Kinoko nurse
Kizunurse/Nurse Tongus, you mean?

seems like it according to the wiki

What Yokai would you let inspirit you?

Tublappa

Some are genuine threads and most are bait. They all end in shitposting and that one guy going
">shitting on Pokemon designs
Reminder to be grateful for what you have"

I bet you could post a Skylanders thread and it wouldn't trigger /v/ or /vp/ as much s YW

>wanting to lick gross surfaces
Absolutely disgusting

Nyanmajo, if only because I'm curious as to what her inspiriting power is

It's National Streetpass Weekend from now until the 19th. Now would be a good time to go for that Pandanoko.

People on reddit are talking about organizing a Homepass thing. I don't know much about Homepass, but it might be something to watch out for.

Huh.

This is not a chatroom, do not spam useless posts.

So, what're your thoughts on Abdallah /ywg/?

Obvious answer is Castelius Max

He's a "corporate shill," as the kids these days like to put it. He's sponsored by LEVEL-5 to the point that he isn't allowed to say anything bad. Just look at how excited he was for the shitty Login Stamp "event" when we should've gotten Terror Time or recruitable bosses.

I'd rather have no girls, but this is just how the cookie bounces. Bored to death or annoyed to death, neither appeals to me.

Shotanon, is that you?

Nah, a different shotanyan.

So he's an actual shill and not just a a shill in the sense of "he disagrees with me"?

How naive do you have to be to need to have this spelled out to you when it's a sponsored channel?

Yes. It seems that he is unwilling/unable to say anything bad about the franchise due to being sponsored and promoted by LEVEL-5. I would not trust his opinion.

guy's got some level of connection with nintendo to have early LPs of unreleased games and whatnot, so possibly a shit.

Getting a review copy from a publisher does not mean you are required to give the game a good review; however, Abdallah literally has "sponsored" in his videos. youtube.com/watch?v=ijgZ_QZmlz4

Saw this game for cheap in my local shops. If I am a minmax elite demon slayer will I enjoy this game?

Combat looked like smt series and i enjoyed smt4

Yes. Lots of min-maxing potential, especially in the second game. Unlike turn-based RPGs, YW is in real time, so different kinds of Yo-Kai greatly affect how the game is played. There are lots of fun options to choose from.

Maybe. There are stats you can mixmax in 1 via books, but it isn't quite as important until YW2

Thanks can I jump striaght to yw2 or do i need to play 2 first?

>If I am a minmax elite demon slayer will I enjoy this game?
I don't know what the "elite demon slayer" part means but it starts off a bit slow at first.

You could play 2 on its own when it comes out over here, but if you want some of the link bonuses you'll need 1 as well.

YW2 takes place in an alternate timeline and features a stronger story, much more to do, and expanded game mechanics. You won't be missing much if you skip to the second one, but if you like 2 I recommend playing 1 as well. It's still a pretty good game.

SMT-lite is how the show sometimes gets described, and is probably more accurate compared to other off-base comparisons. I hear that game has pretty messed up RNG as well.

do these coins also get you that sushinyan/komatempura?

No clue

I can't believe Nyanpachi-sensei is finally fucking canon

Is it really just called the Super Market?

That's a neat little detail.

swosh

I like Fumi-chan. That is all.

>YW2 takes place in an alternate timeline.
Really?

>to the point that he isn't allowed to say anything bad.
Which we've seen hilarious proof of.

Seriously, the man shouldn't use fucking anime emoticons on YouTube comments. He's an adult.

I love Fum-chan. I want to be inside of her so badly.

The series has always had a pretty loose canon between the games, movies, and anime.