/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

dad annihilation edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.
(A good system is Ray Gateway, Diaguandri)

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

Previous dad

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EliteWinters/comments/4nh6tz/powerplay_meeting_in_a_nutshell/
youtube.com/watch?v=zxfet_R-C7I
drewwagar.com/elite-dangerous-saga/elite-dangerous-lore/
coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0pptpFklndzsxf57o7l7l7l1c1c19190404040403030202B00505055i5i376o2bC0v6.IwgMIyurTsg=.MwBhBZlECY-uUoEZkrLcWTHEA===?bn=multi conda
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice meehm picture, CMDR!

Made me smile +rep

VISION

>that op pic

The Thread in question should have been part of the op tbqh

also this reddit.com/r/EliteWinters/comments/4nh6tz/powerplay_meeting_in_a_nutshell/

So Obsidian Ant getting attacked? He always seemed like the chillest dude who complained about the issues but never whining. What did he do to deserve this wrath?

What did he mean by this?

Konerlius and Obsidian are dad enemy number one now

Refused to follow the party line.

I don't even give a fuck about Powerplay.
But when they refuse to fix something that has major issues, especially if it was a major feature at one point, then that does not bode well for the future.

>since we (frontier) lack the ability to recognise issues as they occur ourselves
No way this is real wtf?

I knew that forum dads were frontier-cum guzzling idiots, but I had no clue that they were this fucking delusional and self-righteous about it.

What the hell is he talking about ? Is this a joke ? I haven't followed the development in months, someone gives me a refresher course please.

This guys is just talking about his personal experience as teacher for software engineers.
What you're really interested is OP in that thread, apparently it's a brief summarization of meeting some big time players and devs had.

What the fuck are YOU talking about?

It's obvious that he shits on scummy buisness practices of ftroop and their incompetence at managing Powerplay or even at basic development and coding.

>Golden paintjob costs $15
>I bought the game on sale for $15

>1000 hours to get a corvette, 4 hours a week for 5 YEARS, SO EASY TO DO

holy shit they are so delusional

The OP doesn't work at fdev but he was at the meeting as he leads Winters and owns the Fed united Powerplay command, he's saying thats effectively what Fdev said

>Frontier has not developed a robust product and is prone to chaotic behaviour.
THIS nigger. I'm quite shocked of reading an insider shitting on his team and confessing such things as "the game has been coded by monkeys" or "our practices are utterly questionables". Anyone would be. Ambience around this game has really gone down the drain lately.

He means FD might add some faggot OP aliens some time in the next 5 years but the game is gonna be dead by then.

>Sorry folks, we (frontier) unfortunately maintained poor systems engineering methodology which left us with 'complicated code'. Attempting to fix stuff tends to have rather chaotic and unexpected results (funnily enough the player-base has told them this for only two years). We lack the funding/resources to hire/maintain professional programming practises. In short, shits complicated; stop complaining, you the player base needs to be more transparent and notify us when problems arise; since we (frontier) lack the ability to recognise issues as they occur ourselves.
>Fly safe :)

Ftroop literally admitting their incompetence. What a time to be alive.

>yfw Ftroop axes Elite to focus on rollercoaster sims
>yfw they give out the source to the players
>yfw modders make the game hundreds of times better than anything Ftroop could ever hope to make

>We lack the funding/resources to hire/maintain professional programming practises.

This has got to be the most damning implication given off in that meeting. I am in complete awe that such an idea could even be given off to the customer base.

Why did we move into this thread, the other thread has enough 30 posts till bump limit

>We lack the funding/resources to hire/maintain professional programming practises.

Ah, so all the hopes and personal ambitions I had for the game are gone then? I mean, some of what the guy is saying is no doubt hyperbole, but even summed up this is damning shit.

>In short, shits complicated; stop complaining, you the player base needs to be more transparent and notify us when problems arise; since we (frontier) lack the ability to recognise issues as they occur ourselves.

This sound really hyperbolic but even then, you don't fucking say this to your fucking player base. The player base which has put up with your shit.

ESPECIALLY AFTER ADMITTING YOUR ALL INCOMPETENT FUCKS WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING DOING IN REGARD TO YOUR FUCKING JOB.

Fuck me, did Braben just hire any fuck who pitched up for the interview?

sigh

I can't even get lost in the UA/Thargoid/Formidine RIft story and ignore this shit because none of that is probably even in the game yet.

Sorry, I am a massive faggot. -OP

>The player base which has put up with your shit.
They said this to the powerplay leaders as well who put up with more shit than most and tried to turn Powerplay into something enjoyable. Going by comments in the private powerplay chats I don't think its that hyperbolic, they said theres no eta or focus on fixing or improving powerplay too.

i feel like frontier/Elite:Dangerous is going to become a case study/cautionary tale for future developers on how not to be this incompetent

I'm curious why you actually made it

Someone in the other thread mentioned we needed a new thread soon, then OP, aka faglord 3000, decided to be the hero to do it.

>someone memes they do it for free
>all dads now use that as and excuse for volunteers mods because they don't get paid they can do anything

People who don't even check post counts should not be making new threads

Is there another source other than some reddit post? Or should we be expecting a huge post incoming announcing their displeasure in the forum?

It's not that big of a deal, autists.

You might find something in the forums but everything else is being discussed in the closed powerplay chats.

nth for iClipper being bestgirl

well from what i've gathered this powerplay community seems to be centered in reddit, so take that as you will.

and i would totally expect it to show up on the forums at some point.

>Fuck me, did Braben just hire any fuck who pitched up for the interview?

im going to apply and see what happens. Ive got no experience whatsoever when it comes to game design, coding or anything like that so i should be one of the most qualified people there

Shiet, I'm sure you'll take Sandro Sammarco's position as a lead designer then.

I'd take a know-nothing who listens over a know-everything that doesn't.

You have my vote.

Imagine if they do add the faggot aliens

>Rapid fire PAs and rail gun bugs still in game
>Oh, don't worry it's actually a part of their ships, the Thargoids are that good

HOW MANY PIPS IN ENG DO YOU WANT BUGPAI?

ALL THE PIPS HOE

>Pips

I can see it now

>Thargoid NPCs start literally teleporting behind players
>D-don't worry! They're just really good at pip management!

Let's pretend that Elite is an mmo.
What would it's "Raid" be?
I imagine there should be one for each of the 3 professions

Combat would be a capital ship or military station/base assault
Trade would be a timed smuggling/haulage gauntlet while being pursued by NPCs
Exploration would be a timed race to find the motivation to kill yourself
Mining would be a race or whatever to gather a certain amount of rare minerals in a dense hectic ring filled with pirates.

Everything besides combat one already exists

Long range smuggling was effectively removed and wasn't a proper gauntlet
Mining rings aren't remotely dense nor are you ever at risk of pirates.

no

Have you tried mining at Hazres?

>What would its raid be

Pirate base assault. Once they introduce ayylmaos possibly destroying their shit.

>mining in RES

>hazrez
>dense
>hazrez pirates
>a threat
He also asked for what raids would be, obviously it wouldn't just be a standard mining mission and my reply was the basic idea of what they would involve, what else would a mining "raid" involve?

What are ways we can fuck with dads? The forums are something but /edg/ seems to have the most fun just attacking dads. Should we intentionally fuck with dads looking for meta alloys? Should we Pools Closed popular station mailboxes?

Is there any reason to go for an A rank interdictor over a D besides those few extra ls of range? Power draw and weight on D is much lower, not to mention the ridiculous cost of the A rank.

The times of SIRA are long gone. The only people left in open are a few nubcakes in Eravate that dont know any better or tryhard faggots that interdick anyone they see for funzies.

Solo mode and instancing makes fucking with anyone pointless

RIP Russian cmdrs

The day Hiro banned an entire country.

I wonder which one he banned.

I hope it's India.

Russia. Not a single Russian post on /int/ and /pol/ since servers came back up

No. You should always use a D.

I can't even bring myself to put a spoiler on my dadbra ironically.

Feel the wind run through whats left of your hair.

L-lewd

I suck at aiming with fixed weapons. How do I git gud?

Use them more often. Practice fighting small ships. Its a pain in the ass but you'll get better at it.

I'm starting to get used to it. Just completed the Cobra vs. Cobra training mission with the railguns. Now I fucking like railguns and might outfit my DBS with them.

jesus

>already have 14bil from when long range sothis back in the day
>have all the ships like cutter and vette fully decked out

play the game once in awhile now and it just reminds me of how fun the flight model is for this game. The FDL is a treat to fly...fuck anons....this game could have been great

>14 bil

Don't know how you could tolerate getting that much.

sothis would give you like 80mil an hour before it was patched.

How do I make money now?

Haven't played since Powerplay launch. Got 7 mill, a vulture, and a asp explorer.

Oh and I don't have Horizons.

play a better game

Dad's think on a scale where cobras are an end game ship and Asps are a pipedream.

Anything that can generate enough funds to purchase and fully equip anything larger is an exploit in their eyes, and ftroop accommodates them once they are informed of ways to make money.

>Sorry folks, we (frontier) unfortunately maintained poor systems engineering methodology which left us with 'complicated code'. Attempting to fix stuff tends to have rather chaotic and unexpected results (funnily enough the player-base has told them this for only two years). We lack the funding/resources to hire/maintain professional programming practises. In short, shits complicated; stop complaining, you the player base needs to be more transparent and notify us when problems arise; since we (frontier) lack the ability to recognise issues as they occur ourselves.

>Fly safe :)

What kind of fucking idiot ok'd this response?

This is literally PR suicide.

Every time I find a station that uses the southern sounding lady for landing control I can't help but be reminded of the creepy mission control woman from Oblivion.

I haven't played since a little after powerplay came out.

Do the Dads still believe in the "Stealth Diamondback" meme?

nerfed to death

>are you a productive team?

Frontier sure as hell isn't

Stealth is dead. Firing anything lights you up like a beacon for a while regardless of your actual heat level. Also emissive munitions.

The drones creeped me out more than her. She was just annoying as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxfet_R-C7I

I have to admit the drone sound design was top notch, especially if you saw it in theaters.

I bet. I never saw it in a theater but the drone sounds were sufficiently louder than the rest of the movie on dvd.

drewwagar.com/elite-dangerous-saga/elite-dangerous-lore/

The shitshow continues.

I want to purge dads

holy shit I am afraid

Does this kill the Rift mystery? The forums are divided

don't die

Nah.

Initially we were hearing just the ending of FFE had been changed from giving the Thargoids a vaccine to giving them a deadlier version of the virus. So there was no friendly stuff with them after / them giving us one of their ships.

But then Drew did this on his site which is saying anything from the previous games might be retconned as needed.

Whether or not that includes what he wrote specifically for ED much earlier in it's development we don't know, but I really doubt it.

>remember imgur account with bunch of year old screenshots
>pic related has 3300 views

Some website must have linked to it or something.

It's fucking over man. If you remove all dads maybe the game design would get better because they won't build it with them in mind. But dads make for over half of player base, I don't have any dada on this of course so maybe less or more, probably more. And if you remove them you need to fill game with new players and new players are not coming at the same rate as old ones are leaving.
And at the end nothing will mater because Frontiers is le small studio and takes 6 months do add smallest things.

So, I'm relatively new to this whole elite dangerous thing. My rank is at 100% and people told me that I should be able to get a level up mission at this point but I can't find one. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

find Empire, jew or hippie controlled station and you should find "Naval rank progression" mission

other vise combat/exploration/trading rank should advance automatically

it might be 99.99% and showing it as 100%
do one more mission to be sure

I just noticed that some powers are actually expanding. Is the AI still fucked in fun zones?

coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0pptpFklndzsxf57o7l7l7l1c1c19190404040403030202B00505055i5i376o2bC0v6.IwgMIyurTsg=.MwBhBZlECY-uUoEZkrLcWTHEA===?bn=multi conda

How about this conda build?

I wish they didn't overnerf the python, so i wouldn't have to grind money for ever

Is Imperial Courier worth getting at all?
seems kind of mediocre

its fun too look at and fly on surface

>Zero fucks given for Dangerous Games
I hope Adder Armada wins so we can cuck the shit out of their PP faction. Silk will fucking scream about how PP should be always open; And FDev will ignore it for sure.