> Tomb Kings still not announced
Edition #6

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Old

Correct Old Thread

>Start siege assault on Castle Drakenhoff
>Their towers' firing arcs literally extend past the edge of the map.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Skaven are a rumor made from baseless claims. Do not believe the lies

karl plz

I dont know whats been up with my recent campaigns, in every one of them everything in the Empire just gets btfo by a combo of counts, orcs, and chaos/norscans

Its never been so fucked before

>Tomb Kings still not announced

so I have absolutely no experience with VCs. What are the troops I should try to get for them? What's good?

Currently I just raise dead skellies and zombies etc. but I'm not sure in which direction I should go with troops. Are wolves and bats good?

what difficulty

Get a mod to weaken towers. Because they also fire 120mm shells in addition to being able to hit the entire map

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Last two were VH with the same scenario, normal for this one

glad you enjoy it user
just any of the subfaction unlock ones. be aware that they aren't compatible with that legendary lords alternative start mod so disable that if you have iut.

I know a guy who was playing my mod with the blood knights one. so In theory it works, all that will happen is depending on load order if we have conflicting skins one will be chosen over the other. as blood knights for example are a completely different entry, should work.

well user I thought about that and the plan is I add it to various file share sites and ask nicely it be put in the op pastebin.

yeah I made the chance of the dress appearing quite low as I wasn't happy with that or else I would have given the vampire girl some better reskins, unfortunately adding male skins onto female bodies results in a mass of stretched textures and detached jawbones that will haunt me to this day.

good man.

thanks user, it all started because I was complaining in this very general about it and decided. fuck it I'll do it.

don't tell on me user

Encampment stance for counts when?

Welp, the Empire completely threw even with me saving their asses

They sent their only two stacks deep into Sylvania at the same time the Greenskins invaded Sylvania, getting wiped

Think I'm just going to Turtle up in Bretonnia and await the green/chaos/eastern undead onslaught

kek'd

Reminder that dwarf slayers lose 1v1 to orc boyz.

deeper into that tree or just go for something else?

b-but they kill trolls

I always have to hide my cavalry in the forest when doing seiges.

I always get these before anything else

>AI army composition in vanilla is like 60-70% ranged and the rest melee
>install mod that is supposed to fix it
>just encountered an army of dwarves that had 16 longbeards, 3 crossbowmen, and the general.
>that is a typical AI army composition with this mod

well fuck

Does the Blood Knight mod make the vamp campaign too easy?

I always rush master of the swarm since I use bats all the time. Let's them destroy archers, run down missile cavalry, and flank units on walls without evaporating.

How aggressive am I supposed to be as Karl Franz, lads? Can I just build up reikland and try to be diplomatic, or do I need to kick asses?

Towers are insane, I almost won this battle if their fucking heroes didnt overwhelm my guys

Not really, they're each about as expensive as a steam tank

I make 24000 a turn and two armies composed of 75% blood knights is costing me about 16000

They are amazingly good though, on par with Chosen

Wolves and bats are great utility units. Dire wolves can run down enemy cav and hold it in place long enough for your spears to get there. They can also flank at hyperspeed, and quickly kill large numbers of routers. Bats are very useful in sieges; group them with Vargheists and run right over the walls, where they'll be safe from most enemy fire and able to strike any choke point from behind. Bats also have a fear effect for cheap.

Grave Guard are much better at simply holding the line than killing. Wraiths make for good lord-hunters, along with your lord. Terrorgheists are bigger, deadlier, scarier bats. Varghulfs have limited use as living battering rams and can regen back to full health if you let the battle play out. Crypt Horrors are excellent as shock troops and flankers, be sure to screen them with cheaper units until they hit the main line.

Zombies are great flankers, as in one stack of zombies flanks around the enemy stack while your main army engages. Techs make them even cheaper.

You should wipe out the Marienburg filth and take the Wasteland as your money machine.

Other than that, you can sit with those two provinces and tech up + turtle with a couple of high quality stacks until the confederation train gets started.

If you want to conquer a third province, Wissenland or Middenland would be decent choices.

Middenland might be annoying to protect considering where the Norscans come from.

>Get Molans magic or whatever the fuck
>Cool I can kill at least 10 guys with a spelll now
>Kill 11 guys with Urannons thunderbolt, the most basic spell
>Unlock comet of cassandora
>it kills 10 guys
WOW GLAD TO SEE THAT THE SPELLS ARE DIFFERENT IN SO MANY WAYS!

I suggest blitzkrieging the maurienburg province to double your income as well as taking middenland since it has solid vet buildings for spearmen, crossbows, and cavalry. You can't really kickass with no income, and depending on the difficulty you will get attacked by bretons and stuff.

This time it is user, learn to recognize the signs and clues.

That's because bombardment spells are fundamentally broken right now, it's a hit box issue, not a damage one

Go use brain burst a on the center of a unit and watch it evaporate

ONCE AND FOR ALL

WHO HAS THE BEST DOGGIES?

CHAOS OR VAMPS

Act like an asshole for awhile until Chaos starts coming in, then everyone starts sucking your dick even if you fucked them up before.

does anyone even bother with giants and trolls and shit as chaos? i feel like i'm just making endless hordes of chosen with some knights and having no issues

According to the previous thread, the problem with those bombardment spells go beyond damage, but just what the fuck they register as a hit. Fuck bombardment.

Chaos since their puppers have scaley + poison

Lord
4 greatswords
2 halberds
2 spears with shields
4 demigryph knights
4 demigryph knights with halberds
3 steam tanks

Hows that for a stack?

Giants are really good IMO, both the Chaos and Orc versions.

Trolls run away too easily to be useful if used in frontal fights, they're a flanker unit that is better replaced by chaos knights.

Trolls and giants aren't worth

Shaggoths are great tho

about 7x more expensive than it needs to be. A good emperor never wastes money on vanity.

It really isn't though

No reason to take spears/halberds with 4 demi halberds and 3 tanks, swap em for gs

Vortex spells are still fucked too

So what the hell does this Molay magic mod even for

What mods are you using for the ultimate mousillon experience?

Vamps because of vanguard deployment.

i'm just struggling to see what i'd even use them for. having an endless line of infantry that just wraps around my enemies line and swarms them seems to be the way to go and my experience as dwarves just makes me fear big units are going to get shot to fucking pieces and not be worth healing/re recruiting constantly.

What if I made a stack that was half tonks, half demi's? I made the dwarfs pay for it.

It makes Vampire lore not shit, explosive spells and missile spells are good, buff/debuffs are game changing, gives you a lot more magic reserves to work with

just make it all steam tanks, cut the shit

Actually it is.

thanks for the advice

Mousillanons overhaul and faction unlocked

There's a mod specifically to enhance Mousillon, dunno if it's compatible yet

only dwarves remain lads

>removes all armor piercing and armor removing from buffs and debuffs
yeah real fucking game changing
what is the reason for this bullshit

So with the Dawi, when should you stop using warriors and longbeards? They've been carrying me well so far.

When you get ironbreakers

Ironbreakers with Longbeards or just Ironbreaker? I don't know if they have that encourage bonus like the Longbeards do.

Just iron-breakers, them Organ Guns and Thunderers are the only units dwarves need.

Iron breakers leadership is crazy good, they'll fight for ages and lose very few units(unless they're fighting greatswords/chosen gw)

Ironbreakers don't need the encourage bonus if you replace all your line infantry with them. They are pretty much the best defensive infantry in the game IMO.

Depending on your income you should probably keep longbeards in many of your other stacks though.

Thank you, fellow understanders of strategy.

You don't need to upgrade your line unless you are facing enemies with heavy lines. I'd rather have 3 dwarf warriors vs 3 orc boys than 1 iron beaker vs 3 orc boys.

is Total War Warhammer worth it for 40€?

My main grips with previous games (last game I played was Shogun 2, I pirated Rome 2 but it was so fucking terrible that I gave up after 1 hour) was how boring they became after some 20 hours because every faction played the exact same and units were just reskins.

Why not 3 iron breakers vs 3 orc boyz

You'll be disappointed, Empire and human factions are just reskinned skeletons :^)

yes

Every faction is completely different in TWW so don't worry about having to use the same 4 units for 900 hours

Costs too much. Better to have multiple armies that do their job than one big dick army.

this t'bh
By the time I could get Ironbreakers I could produce them in mass. My main armys line was just Ironbreaker.

How does it run? Does it have the same performance issues Rome 2 had at launch?

mods?

DUDE LOL!!!

But the dorf economy is crazy strong
by the time you can field ironbreakers, you should be able to afford at least 3/4 armies worth of them

You'll see, lad.

>enemies wade through your thunderer fire and cannons/organ guns
>finally break when ironbreakers toss satchel charges at them
>or they actually get into melee depleted and smack their ineffective weapons against rock-hard manlets until they break

Bretty good actually. I've had very few crashes, turn speed is lightning quick and the battle load/unload times aren't bad at all, especially if you have a SSD.

I struggled to find a use for all my money by the time I could field Ironbreakers.

Not on higher difficulties.

Runs better than anything previously released on this engine

I did VH dorfs, and by the time I had Ironbreakers it was easily affordable

Learn to manage your kingdom

Hopefully so, Slayers don't want to live.

I've literally done a VH run for every faction save for Empire.

What the hell is this shit...

My three attempts have been as follows:

1. Secessionists camp in their hovels and after a long battle I get ass-raped by Greenskins.

2. Ambush Secessionists but Greenskins raze 2 of my settlements in response.

3. Greenskins and Secessionists both defeated but fucking Marienburg sieges me and fucks me over permanently.

Please. Someone tell me the best strategy here. It's just completely ridiculous.

Pic related btw.

Literally git gud

Campaign: Chaos (as if you ever get the chance to use them)
MP: Vampyres

my first playthrough was empire on legendary, its pretty simple

just crush secessionists by turn 7, then stomp orcs into peace and proceed to take marienburg after that just confederate and conquer

For melee lords like Franz is it better to upgrade his armor or his HP? What about melee attack? Charge seems less useful

forgot to say that your army should consist of only 4 different units

Lord
Longswordsmen x 8
crossbow and musketeers x4 x 4
free of choice arty x3

the lord goes into the middle tree for leadership and the two unit boosts before going into lightning strike. You dont need to buff the lord really since all battles will be one sided

>mannfred and his butt buddy attack my shitty little armor with two full stacks of zombies
>rape them
>offers me 900 gold for a peace treaty
vampire cucks, not even once

Different guy, same experiences. I left Marienburg alone despite all advice to do otherwise. Took Nuln because they were pestering me and fortified it out the ass, so it's self-sufficient. Started moving south and then got fucked by opportunist dwafs who are not sitting in their singular hovel after I burned down the rest of them. Most of the southern settlements I took are getting taken back since everyone is taking advantage of my weakness, and I still have 3 turns until my demigryphs are done. It's a slog but I think I can come back.

No spears?

I always thought the best tactic was to contact the enemy units with spears and then flank with swords/crossbowmen/handgunners/cavalry?

I found the initial charge not worth the trade off for better melee combat

What is lightning strike and why does everyone on this damn board recommend I get it?

Only keep 1 or 2 units of halberds around to deal with big monsters.
Spears are only good for killing monsters, and halberds do it better.

Night battle form old total war.

attacking an army but they cant get reinforcements from nearby stacks

removes reinforcements, basically your bread and butter for defeating chaos

Butter for defeating anything really. It's just too good to not get on every lord.

>not fighting all the stacks and winning through sheer understanding of strategy