/mmg/ Mega Man General

Trying To Have Faith Edition
Thread No.75
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic and Manga links
Archie
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/

Mega Man X scanlations
drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/index.php

Novas Aventuras de Megaman in English
web.archive.org/web/20120601135528/http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

Translated Iwamoto Rockman X3 manga:
mediafire.com/download/izq53cce369o83f/RMX3_manga_part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/7zy077auo502lec/RMX3_manga_part2.rar

Megaman X2,X3,X4 - Iwamoto Manga Raws: digitalmegamanworld.com/Rockman-X-Manga/

Final Chapter of the Iwamoto Rockman X1 manga:
mediafire.com/download/rrs47k206pj6aol/MMX_CH13.rar

pastebin.com/iqg7uBU1
Master Paste of translated fanmade 4Komas and Short Mangas made on Pixiv. Regular updates.

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/7sYzfBS3
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=57JXaCsWY4c&list=PLHZZIc85hoGogta1t8aJHDwbgOZ2pnKNb
Ruby Spears Playlist

anime.megamanonline.org/
Contains episodes from Rockman.EXE, Ryuusei No Rockman plus other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=laiSpoBtruw
Mega Man: Upon a Star English Dub
>We have a booru now! mmg.booru.org/

Extra links! (contains archive, extra booru links,etc. Will be updated as needed or suggested.)
pastebin.com/qu9UQS6h

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2016/06/rockman-forte-challenger-from-future.html
romhacking.net/hacks/2889/
dentsuent.com/contact/
themarysue.com/warner-bros-animation-girl-market/
gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/73863018/853785421
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Merak > Gaytona

FIST FOR LEWD WAIFU PACHINKO WITH DAY-CHAN

Oh shit son there's a new boy is town.

That's not how you write Iota or Jota

You're too late, user!

FUCK
Fight me, Lazy ass.

>FIST
DOUBLE FUCK.

Best couple.

I noticed that.
Guess no lewd waifu pachinko then.

fuck off

Go on

It's not funny anymore. Stop posting this garbage.

Spoiler that shit, dude

This is worse than that bad mega man yaoi. The ones with the weird faces.

i want to be beta chill man's cyka blyat.

You fucking forgot the ™
0/10 you fail

Is that russian for bottom bitch?

Actually it translates more loosely to bitch or whore.

I think it's a pancake.

Those were the days

Oh my gods. It's the infamous cursed image!

rockman-corner.com/2016/06/rockman-forte-challenger-from-future.html

challenger from the future now has a complete english patch.

What a time to be alive

FOR EVERLASTING CAPITALISM!

You've cursed us-
Huh. Curse broken?

It's about time.

RUSSIA

>want to get into BN and SF
>don't know which versions to buy

What are the best versions of each BN and SF game?

Explain this meme.

For Battle Network, the only "best" version is Blue for the third game. The rest of them are fantastic regardless of version, though you may have elemental preferences for the souls and crosses.

It's an old /mmg/ meme. There's a Megaman yaoi tumblr artist (who also seems to have severe mental health issues) with a really bizarre art style and one of the key traits of their style was the eyes. All of their drawings' eyes have really heavy strong mascara.

That person's art used to get posted here semi-frequently and everyone would have a massive squick reaction. The meme died out because everyone got used to it. Plus, some people felt bad for making fun of someone who clearly needs professional help.

That picture was edited by someone here using that artist's eye design and was called "Bad Yuri Aile". I think the "curse" had something to do with a popular waifu being ruined and it was almost always posted along with the yaoi artist's drawings.

A whole new kind of Mega Man Zero.
romhacking.net/hacks/2889/

>2017 mega man cartoon

What
The

F U C K
U C K F
C K F U
K F U C

Holy shit! How does someone even develop a ROM hack like that?

BTW there's a hack that fully enables Zero in X3. 900% improvement.

Well, this is the "Trying To Have Faith" edition.
All we can do is hold hope that it won't be unwatchable garbage.

Is there a screenshot?

Last animation I watched was Ryuusei no Rockman

Don't get too excited. It looks like it's just a "replace X with Zero" hack.

Screenshot? Of what?

Of the cartoon? A video, teaser or something

There's only that one image of Aki and MegaMini or MiniMega fuck I don't remember which word goes first.

Besides this picture? No.
However, MoA is coming to Comicpalooza and it's been confirmed that they will be talking about it there. One of the creators has said that the pilot episode has been finished, but we don't know if it'll be shown there.

Did you miss the whole storm around the cartoon or something? I'll be happy to lay it all down if you're out of the loop.

Yeah I missed it, haven't been keeping up

It also apparently features dialogue changes and maybe other stuff.
I'd try it if it was a proper rom instead of a patch

Okay then, here's a summary of it all.

There was a fair amount of interest in the cartoon when all we knew was "we're getting a Mega Man cartoon in 2017" from Dentsu Entertainment and Man of Action. Most (but not all) took it as a sign that this would help revive the series.
Protodude (the guy who runs Rockman Corner) got information about the cartoon earlier this year and we found out that it was going to have Mega Man go to school, kinda like the Dreamwave comics. People panicked since those comics were stupid, had a cliched plot and got canned after 3 issues, so we contacted Joe Kelly (we found out he's one of the show writers) for more info. He told us to remain calm and give the show a chance when it airs. Everyone settled down again.
Then the official design and synopsis was released, and the reaction was MASSIVE across the internet. A lot of the disappointment can be credited to the design (especially the face), confirmation of the school plot, this Mega Man being called "Aki Light" instead of "Rock Light" (a Classic adaption was expected) and a weird new character called "Mega Mini" is going to be in the show who looks like an annoying sidekick.
There was a lot of angry Twitter messages sent to Joe Kelly, including a couple of death threats (which I hope weren't from people here). He (rightfully) got annoyed and had to do damage control. After that, he retweeted a couple of articles about "fan entitlement". Take that as you will.
More recently, Dentsu Entertainment's company reports show that THEY are responsible for the ugly art and creative direction. MoA is just writing the episodes. So the rage was directed at the very people who could save the show with their writing, because that art style won't cut it.
All we can do now is hope that MoA manages to write a fun and enjoyable show, because what we've seen so far isn't promising.

It's been a wild ride, to say the least.

Repostan in case Dr Pott missed it.
Here's Gun Man X.
I might go color it now.

I think it seems pretty likely that we will get a new MM game this year or next year.
Hears why.

>putting out the legacy collection
>plans for a cartoon
>a poll from capcom asking if people want more MM
>new mobile game coming
>wanting to compete with MN9 to spite keiji inafune

It's all coming into place

BATTLE AND CHASE 2: DOUBLE DASH.

Seriously though, Protodude did say that the cartoon is meant to be a major part of the series' roadmap. The new Mega Man's name 'Aki' instead of 'Rock' may mean that it's the start of a new subseries. Different Mega Man incarnations generally have different names.

However, I'm not certain they're completely abandoning the other series, especially Classic. If this new reboot goes well, it's reason enough for Capcom to finally see that there is still demand for Mega Man.
In that case, Legends 3 could happen. While it may not be a big money-earner, it would have a big impact on the company's PR if it was made and released.

I'd like a game based on the Elf Wars.

Fug.
Here is a half colored Gun Man X.
My brown pencil is dead so I couldn't paint most of him.
Also painting is boring as fuck and drawing is better.
That black is actually meant to be dark gray. Don't worry, Gun Man X is not one of them "knee grows" nor is he a terrorism.
I think I'll just stick to spriting and music for now.

>it starts yet another series that never gets finished
>it ends on a cliffhanger that doesn't carry over to Zero

How do the japanese feel about mighty blunder nine?

I don't know why it never occurred to me that there was a Megaman general before /mmg/. It makes sense, but it still feels weird. Probably because it's a reminder that generals can die.

It doesn't seem to be too popular there. The development was really western-centric and Kickstarters aren't viewed as favourably in Japan as they are overseas.

What I want to know is, is there anyway to CALMLY contact Dentsu about this?

That particular Aile pic was also Heavy01's avatar on the MN9 forum.

I think that the screencap might have been from /v/.

There was also a /mn9/ general a long while ago.

dentsuent.com/contact/
This has their address so you can write letters, their phone number, and their email.
These people need to know they put Joe Kelly through a lot of shit at the very least.

Well, their professional contact addresses are on their site. I can't find an active Twitter or other social media for them.

Oh really? That makes sense. Thanks!

I feel bad for him having to bear the brunt of fandom fuckery. The poor guy got death threats over this. It's really no surprise if he hates the fandom after this.

I'm worried it will make Joe Kelly's writing seem bitter and toxic and he'll forget who his target demographic is (6-9 year old boys.)

Anyone have proof that densetsu made the design?

Check the previous thread. There was a bunch of stuff from dentsu's website.

A random puchi appears and wants to be a guest character

None of the reports have specified that it's going to be marketed as a 'boys show', all of the wording has been pretty gender-neutral.
And yes, that can make a big impact on how the show will turn out.

For reference, I found this on /co/ yesterday.
themarysue.com/warner-bros-animation-girl-market/

Anyway, I think the writers will be professional with not letting their opinion of the fandom interfere with their writing. Though we can probably expect a backhanded comment or two.

Keep in mind Joe isn't the only one working on this show. Steven Seagal is too, but Joe's been getting the brunt of his hate due to his responsiveness to people

So why were the comics canned? Too many people just using sonicscanf instead of buying them?

No. Archie was in financial trouble from other things

I just want a ZX3 to end the series. By now, it doesn't even have to be a game, a manga would do nicely. All that I ask is it to be good.

I forget what it was exactly, but Sonic Scanf didn't hurt their sales that much. There was something about a failed kickstarter but I don't remember the exact details.

Now it seems Sonic Scanf is the only way people can get caught up on the series. Furthermore it was kept up during the comic's run because we have people in Austrailia and European countries who weren't given any option to buy them so it's not really fair to blame Sonic Scanf when buying the comics was never an option for so many people.

gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/73863018/853785421

>That entire rant
look I know game development is expensive but that doesn't make Inafune any less of a hack.

>Nevermind that Ito and Kojima, both also popular Japanese devs dropped by their companies, are doing the exact same shit and no one cares.

I know who Kojima is, but who is Ito?

Did someone just said Ito?

Wrong Ito.

Aw. Too bad.

Could it be Mizuki Ito?
He left FF11, but I can't find anything about what he's doing now.

big.

I would actually play this though!

I remember reading in complete works the Inafune used to play battle and chase with his kid all the time.

I played the shit out of double dash and I would love to see a Mega Man spin on the game.

Unless the guy ranting confused Iga with Ito, I can't even find another Ito that wasn't involved with Square Enix, and they aren't doing anything like Inafune

Iga was a lot more transparent with his project than Inafune was. That's part of the reason it was more successful. Bloodstained is a lot more likely to continue as a series than MN9 at this rate.

And to think that Kojima is friends with a hack like Inafune.

>And to think that Kojima is friends with a hack like Inafune

It must be hard to find other westaboos

>Nevermind that Ito and Kojima, both also popular Japanese devs dropped by their companies, are doing the exact same shit and no one cares.

Kojima started a kickstarter too?