/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

>News
- Which chocolate do you prefer: Mushroom Mountain or Bamboo Shoot Village?The next Japanese Splatfest has been announced, sponsored by Meiji Dairies!
- Would you rather Travel the Globe or Go into Space? The next EU Splatfest has been announced!
- Another update has been announced for Splatoon, a balance patch to be released alongside the new weapons on July 7th. Patch notes:
nintendo.co.au/support/index.php?action=help&helpcatID=353#Q0
nintendo.com.au/software-update-details-for-splatoon-ver280
- Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 is coming June 7. twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/736467166631858176
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July! The Squid Sisters amiibos are to let you watch them dance and perform music.
- The Squid Sisters will be performing at Japan Expo in France on July 8th! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/737935306075185152
> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9
> Resources
-pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr :
-splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki:
-splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats:
-splatoon.nintendo.net/

> Discord
-discord.gg/0hRffD2svs54JJ8U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_R2rLidab44
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57350310
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Uppercut Damage Ups

>Discord
FINALLY

I'm the best player here, step off squibs!

I want to dance with Marie

What's Bravo planning with all that Bomb Range Up?

>player
Pah, if you want to be good at Splatoon you don't 'play' Splatoon, you have to live and breathe Splatoon.
Get off shitter.

good thing you're gonna die soon you attention whore

>- Another update has been announced for Splatoon, a balance patch to be released alongside the new weapons on July 7th
>- Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 is coming June 7

bruh

>bomb range up
>mines
?

Should make it so it lets you deploy them faster or something

This never would have happened if Callie were in the OP.

bigger blast radius?

That band-aid ruins this picture
Edit it out

Hahaha, no.

They had the greatest opportunity to make the Mines survive longer than 10 seconds, have a larger blast radius, shorter detonation fuse or something.

Could've made Sprinklers throw farther or spray in a larger radius

Could've made Seekers have greater turning ability Or set a wider path.

Could've made Splash Walls throwable further or wider shield, or last longer before dying.

Start with the Heavy Splatling first. It's kinda similar, but more forgiving. It'll help you improve your aim and make the transition to chargers easier.

Yes.

Tenacity's weakest boost is better than 1 main of Special Charge Up.

Tenacity's second-level boost is better than 3 mains of SCU.

Tenacity's strongest boost is better than 3main9sub of SCU.

This is with Inkzooka, where SCU is strongest. The difference becomes even bigger when you use specials that cost fewer points to charge (SCU gets weaker).

Keep in mind that Tenacity stacks with the passive special charge that you get in ranked, which can charge your special at insane speeds.

Krak-on isn't bad, it's just an inferior version of the Octobrush and Neo Sploosh.

It's like using the Vanilla Range Blaster instead of the Custom or Grim. Not unusable, but why shoot yourself in the foot for no reason?

Jawohl

>quicker detonation on mines
yo I wish....

I don't understand why they only last 10 seconds. What's wrong with having them stay there indefinitely until they're triggered or replaced?

These are some HOT and SPICY opinions.

Ever think that some people just handle Rollers better than Brushes or point blank Aerosprays? The others might look better on paper but it says nothing of their performance or potential.

Eating rocks with Marie! On the Moon!

One more win and I'll be S+

Did it

Nice

So which is the popular vote this time?

what if:

map/gamemode with rain
ink fades away with time

NA Splatfest when?

Seems pretty evenly matched as far as I can tell from the quantity of Miiverse posts, maybe slightly leaning towards Space Travel.
I'm just glad we're back to regional Splatfests.

Yeah, I get that. There's definitely times where you'd want a roller over a brush, but overall you're better off picking the brush.

why

>overall you're better off picking the brush
you're joking, right

No. Why do you think the roller is better?

what rank are you bud

Not him, but I personally think that the Inkbrush and Octobrush don't have enough combined mobility and coverage to make it worth picking over a roller. Carbon Rollers are much better suited to flanking, are still fast (though not quite the same) and still have great ink coverage. Other Rollers aren't great at flanking but their coverage is much better, and so is their range. Overall, it just feels like Inkbrush and Octobrush have a worse distribution of stats than their fellow Rollers. Not to mention using an Inkbrush kills your index finger.
I don't really get how a brush is better overall.

So, Euros. Which team will you be playing as in two hours' time?

I just lost three games in a row on this moray towers bullshit. I cant close the game out, it ends up in choke points ~30-15 points away from our base until an inevitable blowout happens and we lose, despite an indomitable early game.

What do? What weapon do I use? I main rapid-fire shit like Squelcher and N-Zap because im a scrub.
What weapon is best for this? Blasters?

About to make a new account!! What should I name myself? Nothing rude or trolly please!!!! XD

Dad

daddy-o

the godfather

InkstrikeTheWoomz

gooknukem

MARIE
I mean space

if you don't believe how serious the japanese take the legendary mushroom vs bamboo debate yet

Weapons don't matter, your teammates need to be more aggressive and attack instead of staying behind protecting your shit when you get an opening.

in s+ I see plenty of rapid blaster. all four them. I think people are finally starting to realize that rapid blasters are basically baby's first blaster and are really easy to use.
>bravo packing bomb when they're using mines, beakons, and walls
>alpha packing bomb sniffer when only one guy on bravo has bombs
none of this matter, though, since bravo has a dynamo on sz against a team of short range weapons

>今回のフェスイラストはナチスドイツを意識して描いたつもりはありません。気を悪くされたらすみません。
>I did not intend to draw it being conscious of Nazi Germany. I am sorry if I offended you.
um oh geez

smdh japan

>baby's first blaster
do you mean Luna?

westerners tend to be so overtly insensitive to japanese artists that it's kind of funny but also sad

What is this person saying? The only words I can read are Hotakasu and Aori

youtube.com/watch?v=_R2rLidab44

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57350310
Neat!

I am in awe of artists

You can't eat all of that, woomy. You'll go bang!

i'd eat all of that woomy

this is straight up the last thing you see before you die

...or maybe just get taught a lesson

Is Callie stroking an invisible dick?

callie!

agh! let me down!

War has changed. It's no longer about Splatfests, ideologies or fun. It's an endless series of Ranked battles, fought by mercenaries and Japs. War, and its causation of rage, has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. Crutched soldiers carry crutch weapons, use crutch gear. Lag from their adapters enhance and regulate their abilities. Trade-off control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of fun has become the age of tryhardness. All in the name of averting catastrophe from players of mass shittiness. And he who controls the battlefield, controls rank points. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine.

Need alert

murrican splatfest yes?

It's time for THE Splatfest. You know the one.
That's right.
This time, the theme is gonna be Cake vs Pie__

typical burger thinking of food

Well, I'm talking about the Octobrush and Splat Roller specifically. This all started with Krak-on vs. Octobrush in the last thread.

Brush has better range than the Roller. It flicks faster, has no damage falloff, and wider attack range. When you're outside effective range, brush can kill fairly quickly with 3 globs of ink. Roller usually needs 3 or 4 flicks to kill.

These are great pictures. We need more of them sad/hurt/edgy.

I wish more artists would draw squids with rounded faces like these. Looks so cute.

You're already edgy enough.

It is cute, but doesn't look very much like them though.
It's kind of like drawing Mario with a slender face.

You can never be too edgy.

team callie all the way!

I think the complaints would be from Japs too

i doubt any nazi jokes, though.

There's that ABXY artist. Pretty edgy enough for me and there's like a crapton of it

>mfw I have sided with Callie's team every single time, except for North Pole vs South Pole
Our tastes align for most of the other region Splatfests too. Callie a pretty damn good.

Same
I've sided with her every time except for Roller Coasters vs Water Slides, because I'm deathly afraid of rollercoasters
Callie has good taste

Assuming you meant to reply to me. What I mean is we need more art that isn't necessarily grim or edgy, just not the usual same old smiley stuff.

>We need more of them sad/hurt/edgy
>We need more art that isn't necessarily grim or edgy

What I suggested is actually edgy. Like the real definition

Fucking saved.
I'm so glad Callie prioritized Love and Strength over Money on two separate occasions. That's what convinced me she was better, at least as far as ethics is concerned.

I only went with Marie on Cat vs Dog

Well sure. Callie is so cute when she's angry.

she is an angel, after all

Angry is not sad or hurt or edgy.
Quit the damage control.

Do not cutetilzie Callie.

Whatever, we all make mistakes on anonymous image boards.

I prefer the term "kawaiify" but Callie is naturally adorable so it's not very necessary

I like the idea of an enraged Callie brutally and furiously and gruesomely slaughtering Octarians with her Apex Roller, and still managing to look adorable while doing it.

yes

That angel has a great bum