/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/ihaveamac/55045622b4d19abfd156e02166ad2f11)
nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000015101
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>no weeb shit
Thanks OP

3RD FOR SOMEONE PLEASE DUMP THIS AND END MY SUFFERING

how come I get banned for avatarfagging for posting a single smug anime girl but this fucker is there every single fucking thread?

>leddit OP image

Kill your fucking self OP

>still not mentioning that a9lh2 is a thing
>still not telling retards who don't read the OP anyways to not mix payloads

There's nothing wrong with mixing the payloads if you enjoy jumping to something that's not the NOP slide...

git gud

>still not mentioning that a9lh2 is a thing
Because no one gives a fuck

I think it should be updated to mention

SNES VC on old 3ds, DS emu in the works and freeShop 1.2 though

what game is this?

>SNES VC on old 3ds, DS emu in the works and freeShop 1.2 though
I can agree with the last two, the SNES VC on the o3ds is literally just a forwarder CIA for blargsnes.

Can somone tell me where i can download themes as .cias, one by one?

I wanna download them one by one, like how 3dsthem.es does it, i don't want to go on 3dsiso and download entire collections

that's not how themes work senpai

Download themes from 3dthem.es, then make them into a CIA using Howling Theme Tool.

Where do you guys get PS3 isos these days? I don't have access to a private tracker and the old forums I used to get them from are shut down.

this but you can't just install multiple theme packs one by one. you collect all your themes, put them into separate folders, then you select them in howlingtheme and turn them into a CIA theme pack.

also, don't forget to delete the "Themes" title in the downloadable content section of system settings before installing the theme pack CIAs. An also remember to select Z to A order for themes when doing the auto-arrangement because the 3DS theme menu flips the order around (so Z to A would be A to Z when installed).

why does the blargSNES web says that the zip contains the .cia but the 1.3b download actually doesn't? Should I install it in another way?

>blargSNES
Gaarbaaage

Just use 1.2 anyway, it's better.

keeps giving me "folder have the wrong structure" even thought the files are the same as ur pic

Posting this for reasons.

Can anybody who's good at creating injected games make a CIA for Joust on the NES?

I'm up to use other things, should I use that SNES VC that's liying around?

SNES VC is great on the n3ds, much better than blargSNES

I think you have to select the directory manually, I'm pretty sure the thread for howlingtheme will have the solution in the OP or one of the posts. I remember running into the issue and fixing it easily, but don't remember how since I hadn't made a theme pack in a long time.

For the 3ds, can somebody explain what they added in 11.0 that disables you from downgrading? I read it had something to do with minimum versions but I'd like to know more.

>DS emu in the works
And it'll probably remain in the works forever, just like blargSNES vs N3DS VC injection

I have an o3DS :( what should I run?

ワルキューレ の 冒険 時 の 鍵 伝説

The short version is that process9 enforces a minimum version list (here's the list: gist.github.com/ihaveamac/55045622b4d19abfd156e02166ad2f11) that prevents you from installing a system title below a certain version.

Because it's process9 enforcing the minimum version, we're unable to bypass it without an arm9 exploit itself, which would be kind of pointless given that if we had an arm9 exploit we could just run CFW on 11.0 (though I guess it depends on the stability of the exploit).

What if I goofed and a theme installation messed up and now it boots to a black screen?

But hat's probably the best part of GBAtemp desu. I like those furfags shitposters. And GBAtemp isn't nearly as degenerate as Veeky Forums is.

you have to select the folder before custom else you're gonna get that error

what's a9lh2? i've never heard anything about it

>DS emu in the works
>emulating hardware already present on the system
This is as silly as Goomba Color on GBA.

Basically it uses a different key that allows you to have more space for the stage1, but it will brick if you mix payloads (ie using a a9lh2 payload with safea9lhinstaller v1) as it jumps to the wrong location in the payload.

fuck off blargSNES's compatibility improved alot in the 1.3c release. its still being updated to

N3DS cant even run Super FX chip/all other chips like the O3DS cant either. its literally no better

BlargVC injects. people have posted games on 3dsiso

nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000015101 this one?

thanks

What does that mean for a basic consumer?
Just that a9lh2 takes up less space?

Update to a9lh. Required for future compatibility

>according to plebbit

Don't worry about it, basically we can use larger payloads because it jumps to an earlier location. It has almost no affect right now though.

>warukyuure no boken toki no densetsu
k thx

Ah, i think i get it now.
It just allows for larger prelaunch payloads?
Dont know what all it would be useful for really, but it sounds fucking neato.
I just want alternate home menu ui.
And other neato apps.

forgot kagi
>toki no kagi densetsu

Ah, I understand thanks. So any exploit would likely have to work within the limitations of homebrew, which I imagine doesn't have enough privileges to do anything substantive.

Yeah, that's pretty much correct. Although right now nothing takes advantage of it, it could become important in the future.

Well, with an arm11 kernel exploit you can install legit CIAs, but there's no (publicly available) arm11 kernel exploit yet. As of right now you're restricted to arm11 userland, which is only good for basic homebrew stuff and malware.

>and malware
has there actually been any malware released for the 3DS?

No, but it's not difficult to do from arm11 userland.

You can send the notification LED a state through via i2c, and if you send it an invalid state the MCU will brick.

A hardmod won't help you here, the only person known to have recovered from an MCU brick is Dazzozzo.

It's possible, and I have some code that should do it, but A) I'm not willing to test it for obvious reasons and B) I'm not going to release it because that's opening a huge can of worms.

McAfee 3DS when?

>McAfee
>willingly installing malware

yes that is indeed the joke, glad you found it

Dont run .3dsx files from internet randoms and you should be fine.

But running software compiled by random fucks and hosted on mega is half the fun in this whole thing.

How would you know it's from reddit?
Fun fact: it's actually from Gbatemp, when you were browsing reddit you must have seen a repost

Crtboostmanger isn't letting have the option to go into sysNAND.
Is there anyway to make a boot entry that allows me to do so?

My only regret is that the thread got nuked before he tested my "downgrader" that formatted his NAND.

you sir, are a true genius

Is it possible to do some cool stuff with the LED though?

The one user posted is the PSX version that got ported to the 3DS and includes Xiaomu as a playable character.

I know I'm probably in the wrong place to say this, but no matter how annoying someone is, you shouldn't trick them into bricking a $160+ device, especially not as a semi-trusted member of the community, and especially not if the person whose shit you're fucking up is most likely a child.
>inb4 moralfag
I don't care and I won't reply.

Yeah, theoretically you can change the LED color to pretty much whatever you want. No one has tested it though for obvious reasons; one wrong step will brick you.

If I wanted him to brick I'd send him my MCU bricker, but I just sent him a NAND formatter. Once he came onto my server and started spam tagging every dev on there telling them they were lazy pieces of shit who should kill themselves for not making an 11.0 downgrader, I lost all sympathy.

Who 11.0 after messing that
O N E S H O T
N
E
S
H
O
T

nobody, because nobody is as retarded as you are, waitfag

where's the best place to download ps3 games?
is it ps3 iso ?

RIP

so its not the right version? welp looks like im out of 486 yen

This download of MK8 I downloaded came in 6 different parts. What do I do with these parts?

>he had to downgrade in the first place
>latefags thinking they have any right to make fun of waitfags

LOL

me

I didn't downgrade, but okay

Anyone have the lewd Pokemon Cias?
Also, what can one do in terms of free games for PS3/4?

RIP

google.com

that's cfw sysnand
>what can one do in terms of games for PS3/4
get a job

I can't find any worthwhile information using google.

Still has no games, stop trying.

Will a fat 32 64gb sd card work on a wii u?

>you can't color the pokemon blue/red VC releases
Glad I didn't waste money on them

Can someone tell me how to remove shitty rxtools and how to get luma instead?

So I haven't touched my 3DS since November and still have rxTools and it's not even coldbooted so none of the browser exploits are working for me any more. Should I just format my SD card and continue on from part 3 of the guide (that is, installing Luma3DS and making a new RedNAND) or what?

I was in your same position yesterday but I can still use browserhax, what version are you running in your sysNAND?

If you've got the right PS3 you can downgrade it and install cfw, but it requires a hardware flasher.
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

9.2. All the old sites I used to load up rxTools don't work any more.

I flashed my PS3 a couple weeks ago. Are there any sites up that have PS3 isos without having to click through a million ads?

>tfw no private tracker invites

yeah or torrent them

ZTD leak when

you should be able to still use sliderhax to get into HBL and run Luma from there, that's what I did, It booted my old 10.3 emuNAND and it updated to 11.0 w/o problems.

disconnect your wifi
open the browser
clear history, cookies and the other first run thing that I don't remember the name, is one of the lastest buttons
close the browser
open it again and do the first setup
shut the 3DS down
coldboot it
turn your wifi on
run sliderhax

it should work

fuck that where the FUCK is DQ7

You guys at least got a release date

The best I could find for now is ps3iso, so I'm guessing there aren't any.

do you guys have any idea about how to update rogero in the ps3?
it's been ages since I last played on my ps3. I don't know if new games will work.

You should be able to download the latest CFW update, throw it on a flash drive, and install from there. I'd go with the latest rebug instead though, I don't think rogero is still being updated.

If you bought it you may as well dump the titlekey

I've read somewhere that the bluetooth has to be working to uptade, because if you update with the controller plugged into the usb port the console will brick.
do you know if it is true?

>not running a 151 hack on GameYob
>all pokemon in one game + SGB borders

Any of you guys playing 7th Dragon III?
I can't figure out how to change my team leader.

sure. how do i do that?

I'm currently stuck on part 4, step 16 (when trying to inject the FBI when you have to inject the FBI inject with banner) of the Plailect guide for arm9loaderhax, i've read here that you're supposed to download the 5th of May version of Decrypt9, but it hasn't worked, it keeps saying that hs.enc is the wrong size.
I've tried to install different version of Decrypt9, tried to use the Universal Inject Generator many times, but it still gives me the same mistake.
I've also accidentally injected hs.app at one point, and it said that hs.enc was the right size, but it wasn't for FBI_inject_with_banner, still doesn't work.
Any suggestions?

Press Y in the menu.

>Rename sysNAND.bin to sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin, sysNAND.sha sysNAND-A9LHAX.sha, and copy both to a safe location on your computer; this is a SysNAND backup containing arm9loaderhax
i cant find this file, is it hidden in a folder or did i do something wrong?