/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

404 General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aq.qq.com/007
youtube.com/watch?v=SnMYrwCtxTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dead game dead thread

What's the first evade set available in MH4U?

Also, what's the most cowboy looking armor? I want to go bugstick or jumplance and rodeo the shit out of monsters.

I posted this in the previous thread, but would like to get some more opinions on this:
I have just started playing Monster Hunter recently, and I got 3U and 4U for my 3DS.
So far I've spent about 50H in 3U, and have now entered High Rank. Now I am really unsure about how I should go on with these games. Should I switch to 4U already? I heard a lot of people say that 4U is better than 3U, but honestly I feel like I would get annoyed by having to start this entire thing all over again. What would you guys do? Is it as shitty of an idea as I think to play both games simultaneously?
I really don't know how I should go on about this

anybody mind giving some input on what makes them play 4U over 3U?

hope nobody minds me posting this again

Anyone here know where to farm Red Bird Wyvern Hide in MHO? I need it for Razor Jewel.

Just play one game at a time

I'm getting a message when I try to log in to Monster Hunter Online saying 'restricted account access, click aq.qq.com/007 for normal'.
It appears to be some kind of account verification thing, which is problematic when it then gives me a captcha in chinese.

Anyone have a clue what's going on here and how to deal with it other?

>what makes me play 4U over 3U
Online, and lack of water fights.

The grind is much lessened for 4U as well. Especially if you play online, since niggas want to just go after the big stuff and fuck up your gear pacing.

Someone come kill a red kezhu with me plz.
Hall id is 20-8264-3629-4828

Just started a hunt. Hang on for a bit and I'll be good to play.

Good night, /404/.

cool, see you in a few

>best hammer in MHX is the generic bone hammer you start with (really high raw and green sharpness to abuse blunt skill)
>it's stupidly easy to upgrade

Well that's kind of dumb. Now there's no point to any other hammer in the game.

Is blunt better than natural white weapons with AuL?

>it's full

>210 raw with blunt green gives ~300 damage

Holy shit that's ridiculous if I'm reading that right.

I don't get it.

A hammer with 210 raw has a final damage of 220.5 with green sharpness and 277.2 with white sharpness. If you throw blunt into the mix, that 220.5 green becomes 298.5, which is far above a natural white hammer with AuL.

To compound this, hammers like the bone hammer and Ukanlos hammer get ridiculous raw due to being only green sharpness (240/250 versus the 200 of white sharpness hammers).

Aren't the blunt values in front of 210 the 210 values?

Follow the boxes connected by arrows. 210 raw > 220.5 (with green) > 298.5 (with blunt + green).

Why are there values in front of 210 then? What are they for? Why is the second list right in front of the true raw if they're not true raw+blunt?

Gaijin made the chart that way for whatever reason. Point being though, there's no point to using anything but a green sharpness hammer with blunt.

But if you follow this table 220 green only becomes 183 with blunt blade.

He's reading it wrong I think. Looking at the video Gaijin posted, he's saying how white sharpness weapons are always around 180-200 raw, while green sharpness weapons go up to 280. If you factor blunt in, the green weapon will always outdamage the white weapon (even with AuL) by a large margin. Not to mention blunt is a really easy to get 10 point skill, while AuL needs 20 points.

>First set available

Just focus on attack up skills instead unless you're using SA or HBG, which then Evade Extend is pretty much a key armor skill

So how fucked am I as I don't know chink runes to access the log in.

Hmm, does blunt blade affect CB's impact phials?

It should, since raw determines the damage I believe. It would also be really easy to stack blunt and artillery novice.

Most speedruns use the dinovaldo hammer, or even the tigrex hammer. No run I've seen uses the bone hammer.

That's probably due to how most speedruns also use stuff like the variant rath armor, which cannot get blunt as a result of no slots.

Why do you keep making threads on /v/ asking how to improve MH when you know everybody are going to say PC and consoles? Fuck off.

Why would you assume anyone here gives a shit about /v/

You say that as if it's a bad thing for wanting real MH on PC with 60FPS and graphics better than PSX with 240p resolution. Not to mention twin sticks instead of the shitty nipple on the N3DS would be nice.

It's about the shitflinging and the droning that follow suit.

>playing online
>see person with this
Was it legit.

>speedruns
>Blazing Rath
lol

Legit, probably
good, hell no

Nah, most sets are the ubiquitous CE+2, WE, crit boost, razor sharp.

Haven't played since forever

are custom quests still a thing?

Is it me or does MHP3rd has fuck all weapons? I've hardly unlocked any despite the fact that I've already killed most low level monsters, they just won't appear.
Where are the weapons?

You can carve the monsters

Four You
48-6792-9921-4180

DOUBT

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, adult kiss!

Question for my fellow MHO bros, how do you actually make armor skill gems? I already got the recipes for the base jewels but have no clue where to go to get recipes or craft skill gems other than the attack one you get by default.

Is the user who offered to hunt with me last night still here? I just hit HR2.

Are you the user that needed the Gore feelers in 4u? I'm still Hr1, but all I'm missing is one key and the urgent to hit Hr2.

Yeah, I am. I'll probably be online for most of the day.

bait so bad.
>dead game
Never heard of the nips???

He's referring to the last thread dying before bump limit.

confusing >.

Is it just me or are the 4U servers shitting themselves? I was assuming it was my 3DS, but miiverse is working fine.

>I cringed
What the fuck? Why?

I'm here and I've got my Gore urgent too. If you want to farm that or just go through the HR2 hunts make a room.

Lowbie Room 4U:
20-5343-7852-6369 Pass = Rage

They're moving bandwidth over for MHG demo testing.

>Pass = Rage
I can only input numbers for the passcode.

I haven't been following up on MH Generations news so I'm not up to speed with new mechanics, but:

>youtube.com/watch?v=SnMYrwCtxTE
At 1:35 he mentions that the rest of the party can keep attacking the monster (while it is being mounted) in order to assist with the increasing of the blue bar. Does that mean that flinching the monster no longer throws you off it if you're mounted?

If so, that's pretty fucking neat.

Monsters don't flinch when mounted and you can't do any damage to it, only aid in the mounting process.

The lobster armor, it can give up to evade+2 and also have evade extender.

It's in the OP.

Holy shit how could I miss that

>low rank shitters still in my general

Can anyone tell me what this error is on mho? after I select a server and hit the button to go to character creation this box comes up and the game closes.

Is nyanter available in the demo?

No. They took the whole Nyanter mechanic out of Gens because Capcom thinks it's too Japanese and we won't "get" it.

Anyone playing MHX?

If only this was true.

MH4U
Gogmazios Urgent
Fishing, rage pass
OOO

Anyone is welcome.

>g3
>hr28

How the fuck did you manage that?

Hr18 and g1, just do keys.

It's an alt, Solo'd to this point, Ukanlos took me a good 25 mins so I'd rather team up for Gog

>solo

My ass. Just say you were carried through the keys, nobody's going to blame you.

You never farmed for gear? Is this a naked run?

Nah, if I never farmed for gears, it'd probably be hr10-15. I stopped to farm uniqlo gear at hr4.

>think I have to rank up in the guild hall to get more caravan quests
>just had to visit Dundorma again to get them all along

Well shit. I really should stop skipping the text.

I did, but hou wouldn't believe the autism.

To keep my rank low, I quit via sub quest as often as possible for spare parts. When I didn't get what I wanted, or as big a quantity as I wanted, I'd quit without saving.

Stupid, bored project that I worked on over time.

Sure bud.

Check the Unity.

Still looking for brave souls to fight regular Gog with me.

Any X rooms up or if not does anyone want me to make one?

That's some autisim! I'd join you but I've got shit to do now and can't spare the time. Sorry.

I wouldn't mind playing some X again. But it'll have to be in like 15 minutes time.

Cutest.

So what happened to that X room?

I had to take an important phone call. I can make a room now if you want. I can play for around an hour and thirty minutes

MHX

15-4490-6891-3795
rage

Slut

had to run, room is closed

built for incubating giggis

Trying to run MHO started fine once. Now I get this after installing the translation patch. Still there even after uninstalling

Why did they remove the shield thrust into aed in X?

>Implying they aren't built for any kind of sex

No, they are second-class huntresses only created to be bred with monsters

>only created to be bred with monsters
Guess that makes sense. We're all monsters one way for another.