/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 11th:
1184 BC – Trojan War: Troy is sacked and burned, according to calculations by Eratosthenes.
173 – Marcomannic Wars: The Roman army in Moravia is encircled by the Quadi, who have broken the peace treaty (171). In a violent thunderstorm emperor Marcus Aurelius defeats and subdues them in the so-called "miracle of the rain".
786 – A Hasanid Alid uprising in Mecca is crushed by the Abbasids at the Battle of Fakhkh. Idris ibn Abdallah flees to the Maghreb, where he later founds the Idrisid dynasty.
1937 – Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V004
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/cfxnT
youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-resident_Indian_and_person_of_Indian_origin#Historical
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Hoi4 is good

>muh NATO counters

don't mess with the Italian navy :D
Italia rules the Mediterrainian

"no"

Arumba

Reposting from last thread:

In prep for the CK2 AAR, I've looked over all the bookmarks and picked a few scenarios I think might create some interesting outcomes, or would have solid potential for an AAR which begins in a specific place (like England during the Anarchy, etc.) but would expand out from there.

Keep in mind that, for most of these scenarios, I'm not specifically suggesting a particular ruler or even area to play in, merely that an interesting situation exists somewhere in the world--oftentimes multiple places--which would lend early flavor to the AAR and might lead to some unorthodox outcomes. After a start date is finally decided on (which isn't happening right now; this is just the introduction of what I've got so far) I'll start polls on where in the world I should be playing, whether I'll be playing with a custom or historical character, etc.

I'm mostly posting this to see if any of you user have any feedback on it, or additional suggestions for possible start dates. Since I'm using mini-SWMH keep in mind that I've already seen all the start dates featured in it (which are almost all from Sniggles' Bookmarks) and have dismissed using anything but what I've featured here, and that there is no India in mini-SWMH.

Possible start dates so far:
imgur.com/a/cfxnT
imgur.com/a/cfxnT

What's the optimal naval composition?

Neck yourself

4/4/1/1

The resemblance is uncanny

Is there a reason to build anything besides submarines?

I had 2 full production lines pumping out subs and by 1940 I had 200 subs with donitz rekking all kinds of face. Cariers and battleships included

bit rude

Here it is fixed friends.

fourth crusade greece

Just build CVs and go town with port strikes

>Muh nato counters
Dont affect gameplay at all and wont make your casual game into a simulation.

Just fuck off

Is there a way to disable Jacobin rebels from spawning in vicky 2?

I'm tired of half my population revolting every 3 months.

Should I update my hoi4?

Nobody actually reads anything, do they?

This isn't for the vote, this is asking if there are any other interesting start dates I'm missing.

how do i read

>implying hoi is a sophisticated wargame

Nevermind can't stop 300k rebels as Sardinia Piedmont early game, I'm a republic now.

Pass reforms, nigger. Spring of Nations ain't no joke.

Hey /gsg/, so I fixed the states of Portugal, just a tip remember to add the states to the supply area in maps/supplyarea, but for some reason the game crashes after a couple years, ideas why?

I don't want the peasants to have voting rights.

Then you have to deal with the rebels

Have they made a probably shitty modern day mod for HOI4 yet? The game already feels so much like Superpower 2, they might as well

You didn't want that and they turned you into republic, are you happy now? You can't even appoint the ruling party now lmao

I'll be damned, seems like the literacy restrictions do work.

Can I play your mod and blob as Japan into China and be number 1

not only do I have naval superiority but I've captured the Suez

GuP mod when?

youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE

How do I enable DLC in the carribean version of HOI 4?

I'll assume that's from UK's colonies, does UK have open borders on their colonies? Doesn't make much sense to me

My economy is dead and I lost GP status.

And forming Italy is going to be a bitch since Austria and France are allies. So unless Russia shits on France in the Crimean war right now I mite be fucked.

There is a portrait one already lad.

Hasn't even been a week since release, stop being so entitled goyim

Yes, but only if you blob into China after they westernize so you can use those millions of small Chink hands to increase your industry score.

When we open up, the influx comes back.

There are restrictions to blob in china, they are unlocked depending on your technology. See the pastebin inside the pastebin for more info.

No, those are british pops from the islands. Pops in colonies barely emigrate.

How the fuck do I become non-aligned in HOI4?

I thought changing ideology was piss easy.

what the hell are those symbols

Can you make a decision for fascist Ireland to genocide/assimiliate the Britsh population in N.I.? It's stagnant the whole game when in real life there would have been emigration from N.I. to the UK of the British pop

Go to bed Gary Grimsby.

>No, those are british pops from the islands
Don't Brits start with 60% literacy? Why can't they immigrate to a country with literacy limitations, I thought you set the limitation to 60% too

>literacy restrictions

can you please explain?

Am I doing something wrong here? I launched an invasion into northern and southern France, but when I try to attach new units to the frontline they just stay where they are with the error "unable to find valid path to target".

>playing as Soviet Union
>White Army, Black Baron starts playing

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

Yeah, it does work. After restricting it again the biggest number I got was 486 pops. Mexico gets pops from Spain and Austria too while I basically only get from the british.

Yes, they start with 60%. The irish don't and they are the bulk of the people leaving the UK.

Isn't better to make a decision where they go back to the UK?

One of the immigration policies are literacy quotas. You need to prove that you are literate to enter. In game a pop need at least 60% literacy.

we need a new archive, the old one is outdated

a-are you insane?

Emigration restrictions when? I don't like thousands of pops leaving my country every day.

>being this new

Here's a late game test with the latest test game. Left is open borders, right is quota.

The quota basically excludes all the Chinese from moving in because no one has over 60% literacy.

Wait, if you need 60% literacy to enter a state and the irish don't, how are they emigrating?

>border policy
>
>x
>x
>closed borders
>immigration policy
>open borders
>tick is over closed borders
Based.

But what do you mean:
>It also has a few caveats as you don't go full north korea without other countries becoming suspicious.

>imgur.com/a/cfxnT
For a less Euro-themed one, some of the Zoroastrian starts are good, and hard as hell.

Thank you based pan nationalist for doing it for me. Granted I'm still a shitty liberal country so I can't even build railroads in the new land.

Fuck liberal governments are so god damn awful in this game.

>you can exclude people based on literacy
OY FUCKING VEY I JUST CAME ON MY SCREEN, NOW MAKE IT EXCLUDE BY RELIGION

Also almost forgot - reconquesta is not on your list.

I am the ruler of another empire and I have the most votes in the election for the Byzantium throne. How can I make sure I still have this lead? What determines who the a.i will vote for?

Based HPM
I can finally have a pure Anglo United States without getting flooded by micks and wops

None. Play GoT mod as Stannis you faggot.

And possibility to fix immigration between European countries?

Bro just start from Charlemange and do the AAR through both EU4 and Vicky and maybe even HOI4

It would be sick

Is this song even in the game lad?

In V2 any immigrant instantly assimilates and converts anyway

Is it possible to have this as a policy for a political party, instead of being a reform?

That way, you're likely to see much more fluidity in immigration as the game progresses.

Make one that only allows your religion and 75%+ literacy and another more leniant one that allows 50%+ literacy.

Not doing anything before 1066, it would take far too long (and 867 is the only option anyway). Zoroastrianism will be an option based on whether I play a real character or a ruler designer one.

There are several bookmarks which have interesting things going on in Iberia, one of which even has it up to Granada. That's pretty much a Reconquista bookmark.

Nein

No fucking way. I'm autistic, but I'm not that autistic. I wouldn't have the time for it anyway.

Yeah, but that way the fucking russians are excluded.

Will organizing a colony make their primary culture French?

HPM, would it be possible to make it so that colonial pops could only migrate to other colonial provinces, to simulate things like Indian workers in Africa and SE Asia?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-resident_Indian_and_person_of_Indian_origin#Historical

I've had moderate success posting RoTK here before, so I think I'll ask here.

Do I try to scout out free officer Cao Cao and recruit him? He'd be an incredible asset and, left at large with other forces to join instead, is a huge potential danger. But I just know doing so would end up with him becoming my liege in one way or another, possibly backstabbing me in the process.

They are already in. I talked about it here Because they can still go to Mexico. The people immigrant tot he US are British - over 60% literacy. The people moving to mexico are mostly Irish.

Well, you will burn infamy slower. That's the trade off for the restriction. Turning in a democratic government will also change the reform. Constitutional rights give you the right to come and go and all that.

That's actually one of the few things I'm almost sure won't work out. I can test it, but the game usually interprets "religion = THIS" as if the target has the religion called THIS instead if the target has the same religion. That and it will fuck the aesthetics of the whole screen.

Until they learn to read and write, that is.

The game purposefully only represents large scale immigration. Technically, you can have immigration as any nation, pops just prefer the new world much more.

I think so.
It's bot a bad idea, but I'd need to redesign the party policies party of this screen and there isn't enough space. I also need to add another party policy to add min-max social spending so there's one thing on the line for this.
That and prohibiting anyone from leaving your country isn't exactly something that changes dynamically.

Depends on the colony. Most, yes, but some like arab countries, no.

>rotk
Return of the King?

Can we restrict immigration to certain regions instead of literacy?

Or exclude rights from pops from certain regions?

Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you fucking pleb.

Is the guy who posted rare Mosleys here?

>Well, you will burn infamy slower. That's the trade off for the restriction. Turning in a democratic government will also change the reform. Constitutional rights give you the right to come and go and all that.
>not taking refugees gives you infamy
>in the 19th century
>this is what you do instead of adding decisions for france to make wallonian accepted
Fuggin ebin :DDD

Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

You'd think it would be RotTK or RTK, but RoTK is the most common acronym.

Leave him be, see if he can reorganize and form a new force. Also post map.

Shouldn't that be RotTK?

In hoi4 if my fleet was destroyed and air fights are causing me huge losses in planes but I have land superiorty but can't attack because of no planes should I just defend until I can field enough planes?
I expect to get bombarded to hell, should I invest into anti air units and buildings, and is it possible to create a navy without fielding them so they don't get instantly destroyed the second they come out?

Just like real life then

Can I download steam workshop stuff if I don't own the game?

Yes

Help!

Make a decision for a conservative government to roll back immigration reform that gives a modifier called "populist administration" which improves ruling party support.

Not for the new games

Anyone have a mega link to HoI4?

HPM first of all I want to say thank you for your work. The dedication you've put into this mod rivals a sizeable DLC.

I've got a few questions about immigration:

Will this have any effect on uncivs? Historically China sent thousands of immigrants to the US, but there isn't an easy way of currently representing that in the game besides the clumsy move_pop command. Is there any way of granting them one of these immigration reforms without fucking up the game's economy?

I'm assuming a Fascist/Communist dictatorship will impose closed borders, but what effect will an anarcho liberal/jacobin/reactionary coup have?

When an unciv Westernises will the default immigration policy be closed borders?

is the /gsg/ mod guy here?
I can't get this focus to work probably because he changed the name of vicky France to French state

>Every 10 seconds I get another Cut Down to size.

Got another two after I finished this

Hey guys. I'm new to HOI. I fully understand EU4 and semi understand Vic 2 after 7 hours. How complicated is HOI4 to learn?

He is only doing it because of his autism. Russians shouldn't leave because it didnt happen, Irish should leave in masses because thats what happened. Of course all the reddit fanboys are eating this shit up

I don't see anarcho-liberals restricting immigration. Everyone else is a fair point however. For anarcho-liberals, who I imagine practically as libertarians, I just don't see it.