/w*g/ Wildstar General - Post Steam Launch Edition

>What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, warplots(>.>;) and more.

>Iso's in-depth Wildstar Review/Guide
steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572116851778/

>Official Links
wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
twitter.com/WildStar
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord Server - Veeky Forums
discord.gg/014FGXMcRuqZfJlv9

>Discord servers (non-Veeky Forums affiliated)
General Server - discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Today is the official Steam launch for Wildstar and the Starfall event is currently active for the month of June. The Space Chase event will start up on June 10th-20th.
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/197-information/

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Extended OST: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M (Vol. 1 now on sale)
Class builds : ws-base.com/ , forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Jericho Crow, Sly One, Rock Bro)

>Addons
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/376570/announcements/detail/583594453403083710
shop.wildstar-online.com/product/creddNew
shop.wildstar-online.com/product/signatureMembership?lang=en
shop.wildstar-online.com/product/signatureMembership
imgur.com/a/ex5w4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops forgot old thread.

First for Aurin Boys!

Exiles are scum.

Glory to the Dominion. (Except Chua, Chua are honorary Exiles)

>Today is the official Steam launch for Wildstar

Official steam launch weekend. :^)

>Glory to the faction lead by inbred elves and new age crystal powered IBMs and enslaves Furries and Humans

Haha nah

Explain to me the RP character you are currently playing or writing in one paragraph or less

Nah bro, as a furry the Exiles are in the perfect utopia.
Comfy af over here

fuck off you cucks nobody plays your garbage game

The Eldan came to Cassus and said "let us fuck your best amazon girl" and returned later with her kid? Am I reading the lore right?

More like "Let us take her dna and mesh it with our own, then artificially inpregnate the hybrid"

ok

Basically, then all his kids fucked each other until they were all so inbred they couldn't take care of themselves.

top kek it's still deader than ded
just kill me senpai

And that alien rape experiment became Emperor.

Actually true. Though, some of the Luminai branched out and fucked other Cassians resulting in the Highborn tier of the hierarchy. However, not all Highborn have Eldan blood at this point, but it certainly helps if you do.

so my mary sue princess OC could legitimately be like 1/4 eldan?

what glorious new content do i have to look forward to getting me back into this hopelessly dead game after clearing GA and DS when it was a 40 man, as well as clearing thru DS on new chars post F2P and the hilarious difficulty hugbox the game became after that?

hardcore.

I'll try this, then BnS, then GW2, then ToS, and then I'll just go back to playing runescape.

At 1/4th you're likely a Luminai. Luminai are mostly determined by physical traits. Think "space elves".

And don't worry we already had idiots on Dominion side try to weasel their way into being mostly Eldan for their mary sue/gary stu bullshit in RP. But they got called out so hard they had to revert it. It was beautiful.

Snarky drug lord dissatisfied with the ease of a drug empire and overbearing mate + bodyguard that keeps going on Explorer League missions for ADVENTURE.

Fun fact: Exile side has a TRAITOR Luminai character that has a gay Mordesh boyfriend, of course yet people still RP with that person.

I forgot to mention that the Exiles also had more Luminai roleplayers than the Dominion (at a grand total of zero). Exile RP is apparently a truly cancerous place.

We've got a pulse

gg

Who here is leveling a new alt for the Steam release and on what faction?

I have no action bar on my Medic here. Uh.

I don't even remember how to play and I don't know if there's enough people to justify trying to play again. I hope so. I remember having fun with devastator probes and quantum fields and shit.

Nothing until the new class/race combos release.
Then I'm making a warrior

I've actually had that same bug on a character way earlier. There should be something in your interface options that allows you to reset everything. Click that and then it should fix itself.

It could somehow be toggled to hide the action bars in the UI?
Me too. I plan to race change my lowbie draken warrior, and my lvl 50 engi once chua and aurin are unlocked.

I am a part of the problem. :^)

I wanna try this game but the classes seem so unappealing to me.

Can you sell me on your favourite class /w*g/?

someone post the shark dick comic
I remember it being posted here on like day 1 of the launch based on some avatarfagging shark

I'll take a look.

Did they change amps hardcore or something? All my points are reset and I got a bunch of items in the mail in exchange for amps or whatever.

When is this coming out? Sounds neat.

Do you mean this guy? I know I've got his comic around here somewhere.

could try /reloadui maybe

I tried playing my Esper after I fixed it and I just kept getting black frames for like 5 seconds at a time. Wasn't my video card crashing or anything either.

I want to play you, Wildstar, but you don't want me to play.

Vacation maybe

Warbros was dead for a much longer time, mate.

Spellslinger is my fav for PvE and PvP due to their mobility, high DPS, and endless means to escape death.

But really, you should simply try whichever class looks the most appealing to you. At least get to lvl 10 for the first training dungeon.

They changed stats thus you should have gear with the new stats in your mail over the old gear with old stats.

New race/class combos are coming out Soon™. Pappy teased about new features in the upcoming weeks here: steamcommunity.com/games/376570/announcements/detail/583594453403083710

This guy? :^)

Try purging your add-on folder completely and start fresh.

Go medic or engineer, unless you want to join the rest of the overpopulated fags

medic is fun mate.
Your resonators are wreckinators.

Spellslinger.

Space cowboy.

Rootin' tootin', point 'n shootin'.

Healing and competitive DPS, fun and fast play style, with a bunch of unique tricks, such as mobile stun and a cc break that takes you off the playing field for a bit of tactical repositioning.

It feels a blast to play. It gets you all the bitches. Play spellslinger.

The cool races can't be medics though...

Humans can be medics though. What else do you need, xeno scum?

Have they added anything new to housing since the last major patch?

Decor decor decor, skys, music, new houses.

There's entire batches of decor, music, and skyboxes either through events, the cash shop, or if you're lucky, just scrolling through the standard house vendor.

Also, the cap has been taken to 5000 props (2500 inside a premade house, 2500 outside).

devastator probes are RUINED
QC build is fun though

What about the black hole house that they teased? Also I take it neighborhoods died with the last round of layoffs?

The Black Hole House is in a protobucks/steam pack that costs 100 dollars.

No comment on neighborhoods.

The black hole house is in the cash shop. For 100 dollarydoos.

Unless you really, REALLY want that house, do not get that pack. There are better ways to make your own house.

>100 dollarydoos

I just went from excited that Wildstar might survive to wanting it to die tomorrow.

what
why really that sucks

Neighbourhoods likely got swept under the rug. They've literally not mentioned them since that one time before the massive layoffs.

To be fair, it's a pack that includes:
- 90 days of subscription
- Black hole house
- Overcharge weapon costume set
- Flask of Riches x10
- Flask of the Harvest x 10
- Carnigore mount
- Lockbox Key x18
- Techno-Phage Vulcarribot
- Torine Hoverboard

Actually, what I said was sort of a lie.

The black hole house is $100. That part is true. But it's also packed with other things (unique mount, hoverboard, weapon skins, and pet) that pretty much say "Hey, I spent 100 dollarydoos for all these VERY EXCLUSIVE THINGS and some other loot too, I guess."

In turn, if you want one thing out of the whole pack, it's pretty much $100.

You and I both know the only reason anyone is going to buy that "pack" is for the black hole house. The extras are only there to help whales rationalize their stupid impulse buy.

I actually want the mount over the house. The house's design is too weird and I can' think of a use for it yet.

Personally, I think the $50 pack is a bigger slap than the $100 one.

Just search up the Augmentech set. You'll see how that goes.

Wait it's out? What the hell does it even look like I can't find a single picture of the interior.

I randomly saw this thread in the OP so I wanted to ask how good the game is, but it seems like the game is dead already?

What a shame, I was almost intrigued by playing as one of those super slutty tailed girls in this game.

the explosion damage on both dprobes and mprobes got nerfed, both on primary target and on secondary targets
carberino still hasn't give medics any decent aoe heals to make up for it, rejuv aside

This general..it's back? Dont go away this time!

Can this run on toasters yet?

Is it dead? Frankly, it's been better. From past launches.

Not in the best place right now, but it's still worth a shot to play.

confirmed for playing on my keurig coffee machine

No. The game is still as well optimized as a quadripelagic triathlon runner.

Engie/Warrior if you want a smooth rhythm while dpsing. Stalker/Medic/Esper if you're autisitc. Slinger if you're braindead and want to press 3-4 buttons the entire fight.

It's one of the better WoW clones, only really held up by its great housing system and platformer like movement / combat.

Also, is it free to play or not? OP says F2P but checking the wiki says you need to buy in-game money every 30 days...how exactly is that F2P?

Katia Golfer and Mad Stalker have it on Exile side.

>but checking the wiki says you need to buy in-game money every 30 days
wat
it's f2p

That wiki is obviously out of date. Why the fuck are you looking at a wiki page when it's on steam?

It's free. I have good reason to believe the wiki's REALLY out-of-date.

The subscription thing is the Signature status. Whether you buy it or use CREDD, it gives you 30 days of premium which doesn't actually do too much, UNLESS you want to make circles, guilds, or arena teams. They add small bonuses, but they aren't required.

That Steam review whatever on the OP will probably tell you what you need to know.

Well I looked it up on google too and I saw some Wildstar store page selling the "CREDD" thing. Why is it still sold if it's not necessary?

For perks. Even the official site says PLAY FREE NOW, are you intentionally obtuse user?

>shop.wildstar-online.com/product/creddNew
>C.R.E.D.D. can be consumed in-game to extend an account's subscription by 30 days.
>ctrl+f("perk") - 0 results

The main site still says PLAY FREE as the header. You have to dig for information on CREDD.

shop.wildstar-online.com/product/signatureMembership?lang=en

CREDD is the tradeable version of a signature subscription.

I didn't think it was this hard to parse this information, considering if you read the description of the CREDD it says "Got a buddy whose signature subscription is about to run out?" and then tells you how to give it to them.

shop.wildstar-online.com/product/signatureMembership

That's the information on signature membership.

fuck off back to your reddit hole you illiterate monkey

Wildstar's currently building up towards Tera numbers.
I could see it going over once Carbine releases some of the stuff on Wildweave and the new class/race stuff.

Any pictures / videos online? I don't have the game installed.

Are there many female players?
Do I get a gf if I play Wildstar?

Can we talk about how fucking absurd the female granok faces are?

No clue and I can't go grab any right now as I'm in an event currently.

If you want a gf, play the newest Final Fantasy MMO. Most disproportionate amount of females to males I've ever seen in a MMORPG.

Aight, thanks man
Is the rate something like 30/70 or rather 10/90

>I can't find a single picture of the interior.

imgur.com/a/ex5w4

Depends on what server you play on.

A friend of mine actually married a really cute girl through that game. Too bad he was literally friendzoned as fuck, since he was the wife / female character of the marriage, so that automatically ruined his chances to get some in real life. At least she allows him to be her orbiter.

Housing keeps some women playing but most of the ones I knew jumped ship months ago.

>Not wanting wanting to be your waifu's wife

What's the matter, too big of a faggot to let her help you into the wedding dress, faggot?

shiet, I miss TERA

I'm almost tempted to get into wildstar but I don't want another repeat of the pattern

mmos are painful experiences

>married
>orbiter and friendzoned
Uh. Pick one, unless you're saying this is a fictional relationship then...You're still an idiot as fictional relationships don't mean you can't get laid IRL.

Good thing I play male characters in video games most of the times

You realize he's talking about married in game, right? You're not actually that fucking retarded, right?

RIGHT?

Typical. The moment the going gets tough, women jump ship and betray the community for the more Alpha invade (more popular) MMO.

I said that in my post. How the fuck does a fake online marriage mean he can't get laid IRL unless he's a sorry sack of shit?

Nigga who the fuck is this.

Who the fuck are they.

What the fuck am I looking at, also what is this black hole lighting option in hearing about.

That's the inside of the Black Hole House. It doesn't look so amazing at the ground, but if you look up, it twists and stretches the roof into a neat vortex-lookin thing.