/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 11th:
1184 BC – Trojan War: Troy is sacked and burned, according to calculations by Eratosthenes.
173 – Marcomannic Wars: The Roman army in Moravia is encircled by the Quadi, who have broken the peace treaty (171). In a violent thunderstorm emperor Marcus Aurelius defeats and subdues them in the so-called "miracle of the rain".
786 – A Hasanid Alid uprising in Mecca is crushed by the Abbasids at the Battle of Fakhkh. Idris ibn Abdallah flees to the Maghreb, where he later founds the Idrisid dynasty.
1937 – Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V004
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/OP4r8
imgur.com/a/y94Ec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic
youtube.com/watch?v=e1w6irNav4s
youtube.com/watch?v=FLAgE77aV8U
youtube.com/watch?v=zHLIBOpLIg0
youtube.com/watch?v=74ExAh89kY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>1937 – Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.
Based comrade Stalin.

SCHWARZBRAUN IST DIE HASELNUSS

>20 posts early
for what reason

New hpm when

Can someone explain why this general in particular is rife with shitposting from "steam groups" and "discord groups" and why they specifically raid us?

Look at what kind of planes the AI was producing in 1946

I'm sorry but I can't take this anymore. It feels like an insult to people who want to play singleplayer. Paradox, give money back.

implying I didn't pirate it

autism

Same reason griefing exist
Kids with daddy issues and/or bullied

He did it again, the absolute mad man

I'm going to try to remove all the meme "neutral" parties and replace them with actual parties

these kind of games attract autists

We just don't know.

But then you'll have the problem of countries with slightly different parties hating each other

in the flag folder there should be a small and medium folder. The small ones are the unit flags.

Nice try Cobra.

bingu bongu bannu ur done now

Cobra fucking BTFO again by based janny

I'm going to edit the defines to minimize that, it makes sense sometimes for say paternal autocrat and fascist but there's no reason a country with a liberal party would automatically hate one with a conservative.

>tfw democratic Germany is called German Republic
The Weimarer Republik was still the German Reich you stupid mongs
>ruling party is the SPD, chancellor is Konrad Adenauer
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So how the fuck do I steamroll the Soviets as Germaniums in hoi4?

I always manage to breach Maginot after a while but always choke on the russians.

>The Weimarer Republik was still the German Reich you stupid mongs
No, it was the Weimar Republic.

Why are people so oblivious to the fact that democracies can abolish themselves?

>breach Maginot

are you modding HOI4??? good. Can you fix the AI or is that too much to ask?

The fuck are you talking about? In my game self reformed Germany is called Weimar Republic and that is correct.

I wasn't around at the time, no, but if you're still here user, thanks very much! I'm happy to have done the AAR.

For those that didn't see, the entirety of the Napoleon AAR is now available here:

Part 1:
imgur.com/a/OP4r8

Part 2:
imgur.com/a/y94Ec

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic

>The official name of the state was the German Reich

Geez kid, do you even study German history?

It should work for any unit. I haven't bothered doing the math on it before now, and I don't know all factors involved, but let's suppose that all units advance at 1.75% XP per day spent running exercises. As I said, I'm currently seeing a little more than that on my units right now, but that might be modified by some unknown factor.
So, if done perfectly, this requires 20% training before deplyment, deployment as soon as possible, and then exercising for the last 80% XP to become Trained.
Assuming all divisions gain exercise XP at the same speed (seems to be the case for me, testing with two different kinds of divisions), the post-deployment training will always take 46 days.

Now, I don't have the training times for all kinds of division makeups, but let's take a look at two examples as France:
A purely Motorized division takes 90 days to train. A Heavy Tank division takes 180 days to train.
In the first example, the first 20% before deployment take 18 days, followed by 46 days of exercises for a total of 64 days. Faster than regular deployment, but not a lot.
In the second example, the first 20% before deployment take 36 days, followed by 46 days of exercises for a total of 82 days. The longer the base training time of the unit is, the higher the reward of deploying at 20% and exercising until Trained.

If the division train time is less than 57 days, normal deployment is faster.

The only downside would be the equipment use.

Pic unrelated.

I don't think anyone can fully fix the AI except the people who """made""" the """game"""

The only thing I can do is edit its behavior, like making democracies less likely to declare war on another democracy, stuff like that.

Do you know if there is a way to change national tree focus according to different government party?

The only way to change a national focus tree completely is by changing countries altogether. The best I could do is have a separate tree in the normal tree that you can only pick if you a a specific ideology

Wow the same Wiki article tells me that SPD favored the term German Republic, so explain to me how Paradox was wrong again? :^)

Tibet

fucking napoleon REEEEEEEEEE!

Whether german democrtas would have gone back to the Weimar thing is questionable.

It's difficult to gauge but yes a democratic germany would have always been a republic.

Disgust for nobility is pretty much a cornerstone for german democratic movements with or without the nazis.

>fucking the natives
>ever
It deserved to fall.

>trying to survive russian invasion as finland
>attacking allies were not enough for germany so they had to declare war on denmark and norway too
>they cant get trough denmark
t-thanks germany, it's not like fighting soviets is hard enough or anything

When are we gonna vote on the next aar?

>Disgust for nobility is pretty much a cornerstone for german democratic movements.

Fuck Democratic government. The bonuses suck.

Too many natives, imagine 100 of your budies conquer all of Africa, how the hell are you going to kill them all?
the fantasical part of the story is that they managed to genocide their race by making them 50% iberian, by tons of fucking.

I'm not going to start the next one until I finish this Witcher playthrough at least, and I imagine there'll be 3-5 days of voting and prep before it can begin, so probably sometime late in June the actual voting for start date, location, character I'm playing, etc., will begin. The AAR itself will probably start in early July.

In my country a communist was put as a "fascist demagogue"

Balkanmod release when

Lel, thats what happens when kids don't listen in history class anymore

r8 my borders so far

>imagine 100 of your budies conquer all of Africa, how the hell are you going to kill them all?
weaponized ebolAIDS and crop dusters

I have no idea, I'm going to make a flavor mod for Germany for HoI4, throw some misc fixes in there, and work on Vic2 again

>The democratic party is now the republican party
The gaga politics system is Johan in a nutshell.

is 4 in the archive yet

what's a good torrent for it

>mfw it's been confirmed that Paracuck paid the youtubers and streamers to stream the shit out of the game but not to review it since they knew they were gonna get boned into oblivion.
>mfw there's no fixes for the idiotic AI in any patch notes

Why does everyone hate the report & ignore autist? Apart from the fact you cannot both report & ignore something at the same time

So if you conquer planets and you don't want to deal with the former enemies pops infesting them, can you complete purge the planet (until there are no more pops on it at all), while still maintaining the current borders?

They didn't make the natives white, they made themselves mongrels.

at least the shitposters keep it anonymous

no celebrity worship outside of ironically liking hpm

thanks

Its all good, still trying to figure out how to play VickyII, starting a game as the kingdom of two sicilies

no refunds

A lot of the issues with the AI is around its inertia, i.e. its inertia is too low when defending and too high when attacking so it isnt aggressive enough but keeps reevaluating the situation and moving troops around the defend this, but losing dig in bonuses in the process, it also strat-redeploys too much meaning with fast units it is very easy to intercept low org redeploying units along front lines.

None of these things can be fixed as they are to do with the AIs own utility functions.

get friends lol

>Expecting a game to be Paradox game to be good on release.

Even CKII had really bad marriage AI

why do people hate HPM? i don't play Vicky, I just want to know why people meme about it so much

Thanks for the patronage goys

t. Johan

youtube.com/watch?v=e1w6irNav4s

I don't need a refund if I didn't pay for it :)

Vicky 2. Getting the "building Quad 23" endless load.

How did this happen and how do I fix it?

Not a bad choice since they slip into GP quite easily.

Vicky 2 is actually a really simple game. It could be more complex if it gave the player more ways to intervene in the economy and the society beyong build factories.

Just learn what population groups do and use your focuses accordingly.

Political reform in this game is a simple ladder according to Paradox.

Delete the files in map/Cache, but not the directory

When the fuck can you liberate Ukraine as Germany in /gsg/ mod??

what are they talking about?

Argentinians.

Whose army mobilizes the most people

Bitches and hoes

Warcrimes, genocide and warmongering.

t. Johan

they're comparing dick sizes obviously

the liquor industry

how do i overthrow hitler and replace him with willy in hoi4?

why did benito look like such a tryhard

me

>breach Maginot
WTF thats not how you play as germany man

t. a guy that attacked france through the maginot

Why would you do such a thing?

memes?

>fascist revolution world wide when mussolini?
>soon
youtube.com/watch?v=FLAgE77aV8U
VINCIRE!

>Do the Berlin-Moscow Axis
>Stalin immediately leaves faction

spend political mana on party mana

The depth and width of your sister's vagina

you should never trust a gommie

E VINCEREMO!

anyone...?

>faschy memes
Now you're speaking my langauge, me lad.
youtube.com/watch?v=zHLIBOpLIg0

>they lost
What went wrong?

I'm the Same user who requested reading your AAR, and I've got to say, it's fantastic. I'm eager to read your next piece, whatever it may be

The thing is I did that when I first got the game and I've had this problem very recently and I have no idea how it happened. Plus, there's nothing in the map/cache folder at the moment. That's for the steamapps/common/Victoria 2 folder.

But what about the directory:

This PC/Local Disk (C:)/Users?User/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria II/map/cache

Is this the one you're talking about? In this cache folder, you have several BIN files and a quad_textures folder with seemingly random numbers of quad_textures ranging from 23 to 259 in it.

It all looks pretty fishy to me. I've deleted this stuff before but after trying loading the game again and being forced to log out in the Ctrl+alt+delete menu and logging back in, and going back to the folder, I find that everything is back.

i.e. I'm really confused as to what I should do. Should I just go into Steam and uninstall/reinstall?

>we're gonna round 'em up and we're gonna work 'em and then we're gonna gas 'em and then we're gonna - dig this - we're gonna make soap outta them. literally washing our hands of the judenfrage.
>...y-yeah, okay, s-sounds cool adolf...

Shitily

>"Italy is German clay if you don't do what I tell you we're going to show you how gross germaniums can really get"
>"y-yeah funny joke adolf haha..."

Because he keeps fucking up an otherwise good mod with meme economy changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=74ExAh89kY4
Saluto al duce!!!

This. The thousnads, nay, millions of troops Germany was forced to waste in Libya, Greece, Egypt and anywhere else Italy needed supervising could have easily pushed on to Moscow, captured Stalingrad and closed the pocket of Leningrad.

I bet I can draw an arrow to Moscow better than you

>This video is not available in your country

It's a known bug which the devs have recognized and pledged to fix