/btbg/ Battleborn general

Old Thread

Reports of Battleborn's demise are greatly exaggerated edition.

>What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $30 on keysites. It's also on sale on Amazon for $40.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

>Updated Toaster Config
pastebin.com/rZV6k0uD

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10461349
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745115328?page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Reports of Battleborn's demise are greatly exaggerated edition.

First for never talk to me or my dead game again.

didn't feel like reviving the general again, kudos to you user

Battleborn is far from dead, friendo

playerbase stabelized at around 1k-1,5k players during non-neet hours
that's fine by me

Did someone forget to bump the last thread?

I'm this poster
And I have absolutely no hate for it, I'm a deluxe edition shill. However its not uncommon for it to be seen as dead given those numbers and how new it is. I'm just owning the perception and making light of it.

Wrong Thread:

got a poll for ya
strawpoll.me/10461349

Thanks for the bump, friend

>overtroll
>i wonder if the thread will die before 6 posts
>bumps the thread

>Battleborn thread is dead
>Doesn't know how to sage post

Underage confirmed. Reported.

fuck gearbox

Do the PvP elements of this game have toned down voice clips? Because I watched a friend fight that spider boss and the boss repeated his voice lines so much I considered suicide.

Geoff is THE worst offender in the game and we all hate him for it.
The rest of the bosses in the game have significantly fewer quotes than that.

PvP's voice clips are all field announcements like in League, your character's standard grunts and kill-things quotes, and their own 'player spotted' quotes.
Those last ones have a set of unique lines for about a fourth of the cast, and are pretty flavorful, so they might not make sense if you don't touch the PvE.

>last thread reached 1/3 of the way to the bump limit before dying

>Geoff

Arachnis!

You can actually turn OFF any voice clips that aren't story specific from the options menu.

>this general

Gracias para el bumpo, amigo

>Posting this much

Are you finally sick of the overmeme? Its about the right time, the content is almost as shallow as the characters.

time to let sleeping dogs lie or in this case, dead dogs. See you guys in Borderlands 3

/r/ can someone make a gif of Toby at the character selection screen before you confirm your selection? Where he's just mashing away at the buttons in his mech.

jesus christ its adorable

>it's an Alani that doesn't heal episode

I don't know what these things mean, and don't care enough to google them. I've already voted.

Reminder that if you're not mashing your taunt while spinning madly in character select you're playing incorrectly.

>Implying I don't pick fist bump as S&H and then position them just right so I can see Shayne thrust her tits out just right
>Implying I don't pick the threat taunt as OM and position myself so I threaten all of my teammates

Nobody sees you spin, though.

>Haven't done pvp in a week
>Trying to get my solo veteran runs and just level characters for helix mutations
>Decide I'm probably cancer killing pvp, decide to queue up
>Incursion, enemy has 5 battleborn we have 5 battleborn
>Game loads in, enemy is missing 1 entirely and 2 others are d/cs
>Game is over in under 5 minutes cause the other two just left after getting smashed twice

I feel like I see d/cs halfway through PvE missions a lot too. Is there some sort of serious connection issues players are having that I'm not aware of or is it shitty internet/rigs.

>S&H
Where's the "H" come from?

>Nobody sees you spin
Honestly the biggest design crime in this game.

Doesn't change the fact that you should be doing it.

Shayne and HAurox

Probably something Shayne would call him, so it checks out.

I like how Gearbox designed ghalt's hook to pull reliably.

In SMNC it took the devs serveral tries make a hook that functioned properly.

Alt tabbing, even on borderless, can kill the process

I got d/c'd from an advanced Heliodrive mission yesterday and we just were abut to reach the final Rendain stage with 4 people.

I legit despaired because I couldn't rejoin it since I assumed we all got kicked.

Does it slow it down?
The P optimization is just so awful. I ahve times where in the middle of matches I start lagging looking at thing and I'm playing a guy like Ghalt.

Does what slow it down? Borderless? Runs pretty fucking shitty for me either way so no clue. Gotta nuke it in the .ini file and play in 720p to get 40fps

Welp about to solo Heliophage Veteran for the achievement, already passed command rnak for Galt just wanna do it.

I'm using Toby because he's actually OP in PvE

And because he's best penguin

>its a miko doesn't heal episode

>playing k-mart overwatch that costs the same
why are you a hipster, user?

this is even sadder than the people who played might and magic card game over hearthstone

The thing is might and magic the duel was the superior game in terms of mechanics though

>Most of the posts are saying or denying that the game is dead, or something about Overwatch

the game was literally DOA

most people didnt even know it launched.

Reminder

Suck it up, you self-aware holographic hooligan.

They did though.

Just Overwatch was released in one of the vital early weeks of the game's release.

>MFW I REALIZE VETERAN HELIOPHAGE HAS DOUBLE BOSSES MEANING I FIGHT TWO AT THE SAME TIME FOR EVERY PHASE

Double reminder

>MFW I DID IT
>MFW MY SCORE WAS 109k
>MFW I GOT GOLD RATING
>SOLO VETERAN HELIOPHAGE
>LITERALLY SKIPPED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE EARLY CAUSE OF TIME LIMIT
>COULDN'T GET MOST BONUS SCORE FROM BOSSES CAUSE I WAS GONNA GET SMASHED

I feel like I could walk into pvp, play melee range toby and smash kids after that.

ded gaem

Overwatch

Honestly this general would've actually ceased to exist without you guys. You da real MVP. I hope you never regain your interest in other games because you might actually stop posting here.

I actually don't want your threads to die, and I don't want you to stop your fun, I just wanted to mention the name of a game.

dedgaemfag here, im actually a battleborn player about to go to sleep and wanted to bump with a filename pic

>Overmeme
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745115328?page=1

That is indeed a storm a-brewin'.

>that forum post
I really hope this is true.

>this entire thread

if these are the people I'm not playing with, then holy fuck am I glad I didn't buy this shit

literally clueless vegetables who got their babby's first fps

I bet those nigs wouldn't even make it past the bridge in quake e1m1 on easy because a grunt '1shot them'

To be entirely fair, the OP of the thread hasn't posted video evidence yet. I could understand why they're skeptical.

That being said, I wouldn't be suprised. I've never played a more casual FPS in my life.

no, I mean

there are people who genuinely believe that blizzshit implemented such stupid mechanic, and in fact they're playing with their brain switched off, not paying attention to anything other than 'eliminated by' and 'WTF HAX wow blizz really, now gimme them upboats'

it's those people who don't know that a sniper can 1shot you instantly with 150 or less hp, same kind who cries about railgun instagibs (back when it used to do 100 dmg per shot) or fusor midairs on light classes. They're just clueless vegetables, wouldn't be surprised if they get hit by a truck someday because they were paying attention to a butterfly on the other side of the road

The main issue with Alani's Geyser was that when I was hit by it I thought I was hit with an pseudo-ult.

Geyser says 1 second but it's ~0.75 sec on the way up 1 second in the bubble and another like~0.5 on the way down. I thought it was just a knockup and down that lasted 1 second in total transit going up and down. Her ult is so fucking good but it just shits on Ambra's so hard whose ult is just plain ass until level 10 in which then it's just okay so it's just the worst out of all the aoe ults.

Alani is fun

but stupid.

Why the fuck does the character selection screen have a 3 minute countdown that you can't speed up?

Fuck if I know. It goes down to 10 seconds when every player has selected a character.

People don't taunt enough in this game. We need to taunt more, as a community.

We sure could have used a more aggressive marketing campaign. Maybe take a page or two from John Romero's tactics of advertising for Daikatana.

I just want battleborn to not be dead, is that so much to ask? ;.;

It will be F2P soon

I like it
Now make one for Todd Howard

Hello?

I'm too busy in the happening threads today on /pol/ to post here

Alani's ult isn't that great. Easy to land, pretty pathetic damage for an ult (Seriously half the time I'm hit by it I don't even realize it because of how little damage the initial hit does). It's the fact that she can guarantee the initial hit by sticking it, and the DoT afterwards that makes it dangerous, but you can just walk out of the DoT.

I will never miss the fact that I've just been hit by Ambra's ult.

>TFW u realized calling a bigger game studio out was a mistake.

Why is battleborn tap so fun and why is this the best team setup

>implying

The only correct character you have there is Miko.

4 wave pushers and 1 low cooldown boss nuker if i ever have a problem
it's op

>tfw

Depending on who it is dead back there, your teammates saved your life.

Oscar Mike or anyone else with comparable range could have killed you from there.

Oh I know. I'm not going to act like I got out by myself.
But man is it stressful doing so anyways, particularly when you DO get a couple kills beforehand.

>mfw coming to the realization i've been playing tap much more than normal battleborn

>be engineer
>all my co-workers tell me to buy Star Wars Battlefront
>ummm
>try the open beta
>okay this has potential, but seems shit compared to older MP games
>buy the deluxe edition for $120 or $130
>it's released
>play with friends
>everyone loses interest before the first DLC pack is released
>still play the mobile app which is actually pretty fun

Well, I learned my fucking lesson

>This
>This guy
>I need to play 2 times with him to unlock the mastery
>Have been looking for a week now
>No one plays this guy

Anyone with fresh shift codes?

Hop into PvE and just ask in every lobby if someone can play him for your lore xp

Here we go, totally unbiased tier list!

>Nerf Tier

Alani (just damage output)

>Great Tier

Oscar Mike
Marquis
Galilea
Miko
Boldur

>Good Tier

Kelvin
Attikus
Rath
Thorn
Mellka
Benedict
El Dragón
Phoebe

>OK Tier

Deande
Ambra
Shayne and Aurox
Montana
Ghalt
Orendi
Reyna
Caldarius
Kleese

>Plz Help Tier

Toby
Whiskey Foxtrot
ISIC

>Foxtrot
>not in God Tier

Your tier list is shit and you are shit.

Enjoy being effective only in the last 5-10 minutes of the match.

Try as soon as you hit level 3, chump. I love dumbasses like you who don't know how to land stickies and then complain that he's shit.

>Shayne And Aurox
>OK Tier

OhShitNiggerWhatAreYouDoing.png

>ISIC
>Plz Help Tier

Something I never understood in league either, someone who needed to be toned down gets their appropriate nerf and then everybody stops playing them because they must be trash now that they aren't faceroll.

>Main Toby
>everyone says he's shit
>Main Foxtrot
>shit
>Start playing Isic
>SHIIIIT

>no sustain until level 5
>no focused damage until you have a bunch of gear online or level 5
>ONE CC on an assassin character

I have him at rank 13, he's one of my top 3 characters played - he needs help. His tool kit is fine once he has everything, it just takes too long for him to get there.

I remember seeing Shayne and Auroxes all the time, and never had a problem dealing with any of them. Then all of a sudden I stopped seeing Shayne and Auroxes. I fully admit I don't play her, I wasn't very impressed with her kit.

As for ISIC, he did need nerfing but he got nerfed too much. He's pretty much made out of paper now and is only dangerous when his ult is up and he's hiding behind teammates or minions.

>he gets pushback instead of slow sticky + damage amp
>and then proceeds to say he has no damage

I bet you get the triple sticky too instead of sap sticky so you can get headshots easier.

The slow was the CC I was talking about. Pushback is for idiots who don't know how to quick melee.

I usually take the triple sticky because three slowed targets instead of just one is usually more useful to my team, but I've been coming around to using stick n' sap more often. Still only does better damage on a target that has shields up, 342 damage from sap + nade on health vs. 348 from triple stick nade.

Yeah but like I said, getting those shields down faster makes your job easier since you get those sweet crits.

While I understand that argument for triple sticky, there's rarely a point where the enemy team is grouped in a way that you can do that reliably. It also lowers the Napalm area when that comes around, so that sucks. Sap is just more consistent.

Doesn't have to be another player, can be any other target that I would want to have slowed, and it doesn't have to be three targets, even two is fine. Dropping two stickies on a pocket healer and one on his target is a great opportunity for my team to shut the combo down.

And that on a powerful carry like Foxtrot is extremely useful. He's a great hero, all this talk about him being crap is bollocks.

>everyone
literally who plays that game?

There are hundreds of us!
HUNDREDS!

Also here's the template once more in case you need it.

>marquis
>not broken

>boldur
>kelvin
>mellka
>good

>benedict, ambra, ghalt, reyna, kleese
>not great

>WF
>plz help

hows single digits command rank treating you son

>Boldur