/aog/ - Attorney Online General

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous case:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10464175
twitch
strawpoll.me/10458669
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for kissing Lady Darklaw on the mouth

Second for Meekins is a good boy.

Coming Attractions

Lupa, Lucina's theme is fucked up again. It's the old theme, please fix.

Could you make a reversed version of the legslam? It'd be a funny emote tbqh

>Egg Benedict

His real name is Robert Crogley, please give him that

Yes, stop making new characters and make some memes

>reversed emotes are memes

nice meme

Correct me if I'm wrong, were you saying something about more fulbright along with Barok?

>Somebody fucked up the anonymous inis last update and now some of the preanims are missing

Please vote in this poll, it will help me decide what to do next. Juniper isn't in the poll as she's in progress.

strawpoll.me/10464175

How would you guys feel if I did Nelson Tethers?

Can anyone tell me how did that awful president case end yesterday? The one with the terrible athena. The verdict wasn't written on the doc.

Reminder that the final boss is the queen of Kurain, who also prosecutes the final trial in which Dirk (the leader of the revolutionaries) is accused of having killed Inga (Rayfa's father).

bump

I never understood spoiling something for yourself. Wouldn"t you like to be suprised and enjoy the game when you can actually play it?

reposting this:
I really don't like how the detective has become the only person who can do anything at all with regards to the scene of the crime. Then there's this meme about how the lawyers "request" stuff from the detective, and they expect literally every single thing they ask to have some groundbreaking revelation or something. And then the det is stuck having to plot out some elaborate bullshit because if anyone else tries to make any sort of logic while a witness is on the stand, they'll get shat on.
it's not fair that the only people that detectives get so much shit loaded on them, especially since the witnesses are supposed to be the ones at the scene.
everyone talks a buncha shit about a chance to play, but the det ends up getting all this shit that's completely asinine which is the least fun to do and have to make a case flow constantly disjointed because "OOOOKAY IT'S TIME FOR YOUR FINDINGS DETECTIVE. OOOOOKAY IT'S TIME FOR A RECESS. OOOOKAY THANK YOU WITNESS 2 IT'S TIME FOR YOUR FINDINGS AGAIN DETECTIVE" draw your own conclusions for once niggers, or better yet, why dont the witnesses fucking breakdown so we dont need to do this all the time

The detective is the best role to solve issues created by witnesses/circle arguments because they are an (essentially) unbiased source with the proper tools to get evidence.

Defense pulling evidence doesn't work well. Prosecution pulling evidence is even worse.
Witnesses giving evidence works situationally, but that is something different from what the detective does.

Guilty, the VOD (among with many that I failed to highlight until right now) is up and ready to watch
twitch tv/lawfuldickish/v/72025565

I have to agree. When the requests are made, sides don't have any idea what they are looking for. The possible solution for this would be removing requests at all, and when making a >theory the attorney can propose some hypothetical evidence that would prove it correct, and then detective can confirm that "yeah, shit like that was found" or if the theory is dogshit, "no, nothing like that".

That would also at least partially remove the shit-tier theories that are "defendant dindu nuffin" with facts shoved in without any actual base.

This is it. THis is the solution. A bunch of good cases don't rely on le findings meme, but have the det return to prove something proved by a player, not something they're told to come up with for themself during "requests"
Like in Magic Rape 1, when Gumshoe was called back to test the semen. That's what detectives should be doing.

Any cases starting?

90% of the time those requests turn out to be useless anyway

Just like the detective CE, none of the questions the defense asks ever turn out to be useful

That should not be a common occurrence. A case should have good enough evidence and a good enough first wit to be able to proceed without the defense giving some sort of theory that can't immediately be proven.

Reminder to vote on /aog/'s new roster. The poll will close after our match against /twg/ at 3:30 PM EST (19:30 UTC) But probably an hour later, so be sure to get those votes in

strawpoll.me/10458669

5 seconds in After Effects

Not the guy who you are replying to, but most of my recent cases ended up with defense not knowing what to do with second witness and going "I have a theory" mode full of baseless asspulls and witness going "IT'S TRUE! YOU HAVE CAUGHT ME!". This is incredibly boring to watch, and I don't know how we allow it if we want good show above all and somebody winning later.

Also, you aren't really saying anything for requests here. Moreover, if the evidence is really good enough, then there isn't a need for more of it for an able lawyer, so it's more of an against requests argument.

That example is going to happen no matter what, because you can't MAKE people get better. They will go off baseless indictions frequently. The witness should make a testimony that casts suspicion on themselves and doubt upon the prosecution's case enough for them to look like a perpetrator, the defense uses the testimonies gained up to this point along with evidence to show that the witness is lying, and then you get a new testimony that gives enough info for one to get a grasp of how events actually happened.

So basically, AA style.

>voting 3d athena

but why? isnt the athena we have right now good enough?

Haha
ha.
No.

whats wrong with it?

HAHA
HA
AH
AH HA
HA HA HA

Fuck off, Faris

what

That's what most other servers do at improvs.

There is no such thing as "requests time", what happens instead is that the defense can summon the detective at any time as long as they have a good reason to do so. Like "Your Honor we must simply check for X, if we find that my theory will be proven correct"

Can we do a /v/eekend now?

You can't do that in this game though, as then everyone will complain if the detective asspulls for the defense and if he doesn't people will complain anyway

Nigga you all need to learn with other servers when it comes to casing, they got 3 years of experience compared to us who are still on our way to 6 months.

But how

What software does /aog/ use for maps?

Post map sample if possible so we can see the results!

3 years of experience isn't anything when 90% of it is postcase circlejerk chatroom talk from what i've seen.

After 3 years you sort of get tired of casing. It is true that other servers are pretty much glorified normie rec rooms, but they are damn good at casing. Probably because they only do pre-writtens.

3 years of prewritten experience is completely different from 3 years of improv experience.

Then convert to the pre-written masterrace.

Yes, I know you all "stole" one pre-written doc from some random guy from another server, tried to do it blind without anyone's help and it resulted in a trainwreck, but if you try doing it the proper way you'll realize that the result is much better.

There is a reason why prewrittens aren't done here anymore.

Yes, it is the reason I described above. When this server started people started getting cases from case makers from other servers and doing it blind. It'd result in a big crash and everyone would wonder why.

No one realized that pre-writtens are meant to be done with someone that knows the solution present and doing the witnesses.

The fuck are you on about? Pre-writtens are done weekly. It's just rare to find someone who actually wrote a pre-written and is available to do it.

Well, I suppose it was some wishful thinking on my part that everyone will suddenly git gud after my post. Although I think some of it could be prevented by prosecution having a gall to say "conjecture" on actually outrageous claims, but right now it is considered a bad play.

On the original topic, I am pretty sure that requests to detective are rare in AA. And instead of them there is some final piece of evidence that was either found recently or discovered during trial. Both of those could be replaced by detective confirming the hypothetical evidence. Even when that's not the case, the lacking evidence can be deduced in the trial. Is there evidence that it is L'Belle's hair in the mask? Not initially, but after a couple of logical leaps it is checked.

Let's take for example 1-4. In it Phoenix supposes that the second bullet was fired and hit the perpetrator, after which von Karma is checked with a metal detector. This could be realised in AO if defense bothered to think of evidence supporting their claims, however we are more likely to see von Karma get indicted because he hated Edgeworth and his whereabouts are unknown in current situation, and the request was wasted on checking Yogi's background or some shit.

Yes, there are also cases where witness is got on a slip-up, like 3-2 and 3-3, but they are also the cases which make Godot think Phoenix a bad lawyer that isn't worth being Mia's successor, because Godot thinks that he just badgers confessions out of witnesses and makes ridiculous conjectures hoping they would stick.

No. It's because we literally ran out and nobody could make them.

Anyone can make them

As in, nobody was willing or skilled enough.

When the server began, area 1 was much more popular as the prewritten area than area 2, which was the semi serious improv area.

Eventually, it got to the point where they were doing meme grudge matches and running out of material, and this is when area 2 became more popular. Continue until area 1 is no longer even used as a prewritten area, but an experimental area because it's so dead.

>do a /v/eekend thread
>new people come here and see spoilers
>no more new people
I visit the thread only when im looking for a case, and i already know all the fucking killers in AA6

>implying they weren't all fake spoilers

Wishful thinking

It's what keeps me going

Or you could do it yourself in 10 seconds with a free website online.

Pretty fucking nice. Good job.

that looks like shit though

So spend an additional 10 seconds tweaking it.

Why don't you do it for me?

average greg.jpg

>look up this guy
>he still has an active twitter account and a bunch more posts like this

All the free websites do it like shit and I have no idea how to tweak gifs

>try to roleplay greg like pic related
>mess up once because I misread the map
>debeste reasoning plays
>everyone thinks i'm a meme greg

>people want to do pre-writtens but don't have any to do

Oh, fear not! I got some! Meet me at Area 1 for a pre-written!
No one will come, right?

I would gladly but i have to wake up early tomorrow, otherwise i would had joined the party.

>Pre-writtens
S T OP

I actually want to try some prewrittens since i've only played improv since the server went up.

but I can't today, I hope there's some tomorrow.

>aura and BQ sibling bantz

i can feel it mr krabs

>The short amount of time taking him to do these emotes.

I know there's been some abuse of things like Piratepad in the past, but why is it not more common for Detectives and Witnesses to coordinate a bit via Piratepad, just to make sure we don't run into the trainwrecks that seem to happen all too often at any one of those three steps?

m-muh prewritten is cancer and destorys all part of impropt.

but you can't make up stuff on the fly unless your a detective

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Since "Zacharias Barnham - case?.mp3" passed but couldn't be done due to no "?"s in filenames, maybe have it be something like "Zacharias Barnham - The One Who Looks For Cases" or "Zacharias Barnham - Is There A Case".
Something like that.

If anyone is curious about who you play as in AA6

Case 1: Phoenix
Case 2: Apollo with Athena assisting
Case 3: Phoenix with Maya assisting
Case 4: Athena with Blackquill assisting
Case 5: Apollo with Athena in the civil trial versus Phoenix, Apollo with Phoenix in the final trial

Yep, the final case is played as Apollo and not Phoenix, they did it the absolute madmen

>8 testimonies split between 3 people
>none of the motherfuckers thought of a motive
>nearly all the contradictions were inter-witness
>railroaded the fuck out of the case

FUGGING

GANT

time travel was a mistake

because that has generally only worsened the problem instead of fixing it

if you want people to follow along a certain path, make it a prewritten and be all witnesses or just PM them and say "hey i'm doing x"

it wasn't too bad, just way too much lore and slip ups.

I'm not even referring to that case, I'm referring to a "prank" case

Which just goes to show you that piratepad is a mistake.

>I know there's been some abuse

Yeah, that group was fucking idiotic. That shouldn't discount the entire tool and idea of getting some kind of story straight between the three most pivotal roles for making a cohesive case, though. It could be as simple as the three talking through a few potential motives, contradictions, or missing pieces of evidence that could come into play later so that it isn't entirely on the Detective to asspull in a way that is still cohesive, nor does it completely throw the second witness off track and end up creating a mess of contradiction after contradiction between all three that don't actually contribute to any kind of indictment.

I've seen too many cases fall apart because of a single bad witness or a failure of the Detective, some coordination here or there couldn't possibly be the end of the world. Certainly not pre-writing 8 testimonies and fucking it up to the nth degree, but some basic "yeah, I can help set you up as the big bad with my contradictions" or "how about I suggest this possible evidence in my testimony and you can play off of it?"

>go to other server
>"Have you heard of Renegade? He used to be the self-proclaimed chief prosecutor of AO. And he had the skill to back it up. They say he once went to a McDonalds during a case and still won."
>what is winning as a prosecutor?
>"It's getting a guilty."
>"Indeed. When I prosecute, I like to be deceptive and sneaky."
>no, any half assed prosecutor can wall up and get an easy guilty
>"That's not true. Renegade was truly skilled. Much like me."
>user themes
>user AREAS

We live in a paradise compared to this, goddamnit.

The majority of my cases I have played, i've played witness.

It isn't bloody rocket science to craft a testimony that is worth something, doesn't matter if you're wit 1, 2, or 3. Most had little to no communication, and wound up being very successful.

Meanwhile, every single case i've been in that has used a piratepad (excluding multiwits) has ended horribly, into massive railroad and wall tier.

Once again, this is a problem that is a player's fault, and isn't something a tool can fix.

Why do you think Optilex got shut down so hard for trying to get in user themes?

Why do you think aov hates namefags that go too far?

We are indeed a paradise.

>It isn't bloody rocket science to craft a testimony that is worth something

I absolutely agree, but I've seen way too many witnesses that sure as hell make it look like it must be rocket science.

And I disagree that a tool couldn't be used to help avoid a poor witness from singlehandedly wrecking a case. It almost always seems to be newer or less experienced players that have those problems in the witness role, and being able to consult with the detective and other witness/es easily could be a huge benefit to them.

Again, you're assuming that when I mention Piratepad I mean pre-writing a case that's supposed to be improv. Of course that turns into a disaster. I'm simply suggesting better coordination between the roles to help curb potential trainwrecks and take some of the burden off of the Det.

He had a personal theme. Debeste Reasoning.mp3

Q's a cool guy.

>a Q that speaks
Blasphemy. Last night's Q was the real deal.

I derive a lot of enjoyment from the surprise factor when I don't know what the other witnesses are doing. The concept of a bunch of randoms independently working together to craft a story is very appealing to me, and makes it incredibly satisfying when pulled off right.

I didn't begin witnessing until I watched and played quite a bit beforehand though. Inexperienced witnesses can just be told what they did wrong and how to learn from it.

t. Q

Amazing work, user.

how the fug are you making emotes this fast?

Great job, Ripper. Can't wait to bully robots.

>Inexperienced witnesses can just be told what they did wrong and how to learn from it.

Yes, but for me it's hard to find the next 6 hours of attempting to get a case back on track only for it to end in an inevitable Guilty worth it. The ramifications of fucking up a witness testimony aren't worth it if they can be pre-emptively avoided.