Cowboy Edition

=======================
>New to Mabinogi? Read this:
pastebin.com/rteefc4J
========================

>Wiki
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/

>Veeky Forums Player Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvmzrRxJfnwMdEV6Szc0aVlMZ19mWDdvOUoxZS1PTHc

>Player Guidebook (Tips, Facts, and Guides)
docs.google.com/document/d/1zSPei0UXPABHt3BuOKVuOt3L_PvPHgX8kKJvsOE08Yk

>Windmill Training Guide
pastebin.com/YGtj7DHZ

>Mabinogi Windows 10 Workaround
youtube.com/watch?v=Wef1ZaulObg

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/014LSjYm6GsctH0BX
youtube.com/watch?v=W3LQtFptLp4
youtube.com/watch?v=hQX7Zub0ZdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I also found this terribly written guide on how to possibly play on linux.
If anyone can test it out and make sure it works that might help some nerds.

Depends, how long can guild names be? I'm pretty alright at ideas, but some I'm not sure about lengthwise.

...Yep, i dont like this outfit.

I was thinking something more Clint Eastwood with a poncho. Also isn't the Flamerider set like ludicrously expensive?

Yeah I'll be moving to Alexina to join the rest of mabigen. Don't like playing alone.

I think it looks good on you here, though. It's a nice blue right off the bat.

I honestly prefer outfits with more clothing on them.

Flamerider's really the only thing I'm seeing that comes close for males. Nothing I'm seeing with a poncho.

I saw a female set on Alexina for 2.5mil yesterday though, and male clothes tend to be a lot less. I just forked over 10 bucks and bought dyes and sold em for a combined 4mil, still got plenty and I got almost everything I need fashion and weapon-wise. Dyes are stupid expensive now.

I thought this general was kill. We should make a Discord before it dies again.

Hahaha no, if you want to keep thread alive the worst thing you could do is to give the people an option to circlejerk and ERP somewhere outside Veeky Forums.

Is there anything to making one? I'd go right ahead and do it but I know nothing about bots or whatever other nuances exist, if there even are any.

A nice maid uniform is all you'll ever need. Though I wish this one had longer sleeves.

I didn't say anything about keeping the thread alive. On the contrary, if it's going to inevitably die anyway, and we're going to see months at a time without it, there may as well be a more stable option.

Not really. Just get discord, make a server, generate a (preferably permanent) invite link, and post it here for people to click on it and join. I'd do it myself, but I'm already running two Discords. If you do it, I can at least help and give input though.

The problem with last general was that nobody played. The guilds were usually full of players who joined up once and just never played again. I think if we all start from the beginning (which seems to be the plan) we'll be more inclined to keep playing because we have people around a certain level to play with.
Also all Discords seem to do is let weirdos who only have a surface level understanding or enjoyment of a topic talk dirty to each other. I've never seen a Discord that didn't end with ten regulars who talk about how they're really good traps or how they want to get fucked by futas. It's gross and adds nothing to discussion.

I will personally fly out to nexon headquarters and demand a clint eastwood costume.
Actually wait, there's cross server mailing yeah? I might have one on my main character.

The more stable option is the eventual alexina guild for everyone making new characters. If you really want a chatroom just make an IRC or something.

Since when do we have a mabinogi general

In any case, here's some greentext story

>2014
>I am tired of everything
>Not in the context of suicidal faggots, but rather, couldn't find fun on anything
>Guild Wars 2 raiding was being forced upon me when I didn't want to WvW, and at that time, the FFXIV community was cancerous as fuck
>But if there's one game that's always attracted me
>Mabinogi
>I used to be a decent player on the european server before Jewxon Europe closed it down
>I decided to give it another chance, and roll a fighter/monk
>So far, so good. I was having my fun AND the fighter moves were pretty damn awesome, and perfect for 1vs1 encounters; boss moveset is best moveset
>One day, walking through Dunbarton, bored again
>A female character begins to stutter around the center of the plaza
>She wants to get the G1 done
>Heck, why not help, I've got free time
>But all I did was give her chatter, as the third party member literally soloed the dungeons.
>However, once it was all done, and I was about to leave the party, give the female player my regards, and mind my stuff
>She insisted on doing more stuff
>I don't know why, but I complied
>I helped her get the quest for Mana Shield done
>As I told her I had to go
>"Would you please take my phone number?"
>wat.jpg
>She literally sent me her phone number
>I decided to keep it to myself, never tell anyone the number, and check where it was coming from
>Asian fetish intensifies, for it seems it's a southkorean phone number
>It's fucking legit, not a ruse; the messages on the phone complemented those in-game
>So we started as online friends and phonepals

TO BE CONTINUED...

Staying alive matters more than the place itself.

Especially if most of us are migrating to Alexina, it'll help us communicate and get this guild going.

Alright, it's up then.

Most of the discords I've been in surprisingly haven't been like that, and I've never had any complaints about Ariadust's, they're all neat folks.

Worst case scenario, we can ditch it once we have our guild going.

Are there plans on starting over? I missed the last general or two, so I may be a bit out of the loop here.

Also I can see where your point, but Discords tend to reflect the community it's centered around. I've seen plenty of cancerous Discords, but ones for smaller communities tend to be okay. Really the only reason I'm suggesting this is because the community's kinda fragmented as it is, and the frequency (or lack thereof) of these generals isn't helping. Many of the people I know from years ago have mostly moved on to different games, and I feel like the Discord route would provide a means of maintaining a community even if not everyone is playing Mabi at the moment, or if someone misses a general and they die off for awhile.

Mah nigga.

The last couple generals had people talking about starting brand new characters on Alexina. That way we won't have a problem of finding people to play with.

DISCORD IS UP FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

>discord.gg/014LSjYm6GsctH0BX

I'm quite confident it won't suck.

>Alexina
Why mari is best server.

Mari is a dead server.

Also there really wasn't much of a debate, it just so happened that a lot of people were starting in Alexina so everyone chased them down.

>I never had experienced the joy of having a partner for adventures. We did a lot of things together, as I told her curious stuff about the game
>She soon had overleveled me as a magician, so I was proud of her
>She also had trouble finding friends out of the computer, like me. She'd also relief herself with me, about her society

goddamn filter, lemme continue.

>She also had a lot of NX due to her getting money from other korean games
>I even told her to tone it down, that money could serve well for her studies. But she shared a lot of that cash with me, even when I didn't ask her for it
>I started developing feels. Even though I knew exactly how it was going to finish.
>The phonepals thing soon started to become something more of daily with feels intensifying
>At this point, she was well aware of my feels, and she seemed to try her best to comply, even though I urged her not to worry too much
>Studies got in our way though
>I told her I had to step out of the game for a while, to study for my tests
>She wanted me to go back in everyday still
>After all, she was about 17, so I supposed she didn't understand the responsability of studying
>I did tell her she should think about what she would like to study, and took my month off for exams
>When I came back, the phone pal messaging made the reunion much more emotive
>She also made some friends online.
>It went the magnificient way fantasy pink romances that you'd imagine would go
>For many months
>We'd share a lot of our items with the other, and we'd also stay together, just laying down and chilling on some green area.

>but alas. I had to leave again because of the exams before summer
>I admit, even though the time with her was lovely, I was getting rather bored of the game content, since I saw it already on europe
>I tried my best to stay in-game after the exams too
>But alas, I lost my youthful drive.
>I still messaged her a lot though

>By the end of it...
>I don't know why, but we stopped sending messages to each other
>Before that, she also told me, she found an ingame husband, to which I was happy about. As long as she had someone who could take care of her
>She also got into some university in Korea, to study.
>And she found a boyfriend too
>Our online relationship, as expected, was over
>But I wasn't sad
>She got a boyfriend, an in-game husband, a caring guild, studies; A happy future.
>My job here is done.
>But alas

>I still miss her

I also still have some of her items too, but I couldn't bring myself to face her again in game, even though more than a year has passed to give it back and apologize.

After this, I swore to never develop feels online ever again.

bumping

tl;dr

How about Clover?

So did we end up making a new Veeky Forums guild or what?

Name the guild [esfores]

Sorry to hear that user.

We're still coming up with a name or something.

It's on Alexina though, right?

Yeah

That and I had to make my character.

Everyone add Uachtaran, we're gonna need a party of 5 just to make the guild.

Was it merely out of your own inexperience that you didn't get anything from the whole thing? Sounds like you didn't know how to seal the deal.

The first time you helped that person seemed out of good will, but by being useless in the dungeon you've established yourself as someone with an idle but talkative personality -- all talk and no action, did you even try? You went from boyfriend material to 'boyfriend material'. Afterwards it seemed like you were expecting to get rewarded by your efforts like a dog sitting idly, tongue out and tail wagging side to side in front of its master. It was already too late. No matter how hard you tried, first impressions linger. She fed you scraps out of self-pity, like a master indulging her dog with idle talk. That's how she saw you, and from then on you were half the man compared to anybody else she was remotely into.

You sound like you haven't fully matured, emotionally. Just be grateful that even though you felt a strong emotional connection, it was all still borne from a virtual medium. It could've been worse. This is all juvenile heartbreak, something you'll look back to ten years from now and it'll all be nostalgic. Others aren't so lucky, having experienced something much more real, much more severe than online rejection look back and it crushes their hearts no matter how much happy they are at the moment. You're one of the lucky ones.

I'm only writing this because I am all too familiar with this situation. Though I'm the one who ended up with a girlfriend, an in-game wife and a mistress, a top guild, though all of it was nearing a decade ago in TW server (we were all NA players). The girl lives in my garage, which I've been more than happy to convert into a comfortable living space for her, though she struggles with college and a part time job even after a decade.

Move on.

That's taken.

>2 members

What does it mean?

Alright I added you

s4s is often spelled esfores

youtube.com/watch?v=W3LQtFptLp4

MAKE WAY FOR BEST LOGIN SCREEN

>The problem with last general was that nobody played.
The problem that ultimately killed the last general was shitposting. A handful of shitposters made the threads just awful to be in, which drove the general's actual community away.

Player burnout WAS a thing, but I don't think starting from scratch is going to fix it. The game itself is going to have the same problem either way.

MASTER RACE OF LOGIN SCREENS

I dunno, I started over and I'm having a blast

Is it still going to be fun when you have to grind out Windmill and Refining again?

Wait until it becomes Proletariat: The Game once you realize everyone else is like 9000 levels over you, and you aren't getting anywhere near that any sooner.

Added ya, if you see a request from Leonavia.

Are you making it? Where's the party at?

This meme again. Refining is also pretty easy these days what with the very achievable 8x if you're just patient.

Why does that matter?

I joined when this was the login.

It's not about the fact that it's hard, it's about the fact that it needs to be done to make sure this new character is playable, but wait I can just go back to my old character that's 10k+ and doesn't need to grind out windmill or collect those stupid fucking magic books again.

>tfw everyone's too high level and too stuck up with their hardcore afking to run anything with new players
>If they do, they won't leave any meat for the player, who wants to play

>says the puny human

If you stick to one or a couple classes, you'll become plenty strong in your own niche. Plus it's easier than before to rebirth and level.

It's pretty much impossible for a high-level player to not demolish everything in a low-level player's dungeon, unless you want them to just stand there with healing.

Then have fun leveling Throwing Attack and Stomp. Those are still a pain, right?

This. Most max level nerds don't do much besides afk or run shadow missions/theater missions. Dungeons are much more fun but they're a lot less lucrative.

I aint even bothering with windmill fuck it

now that your post mentions it, going giant is objectively the best way to get into endgame the fastest.

>easy training requirements on melee
>tons of str and will
>cap out close combat, lance, ninja and fighter
>boom endgame

Now you smash 20k+

I used to have a blast running Ciar as a newbie. I've always thought the dungeons in Mabinogi are one of the best things to happen to the MMO genre.

Now they're only run in hardcore level just for the vanity goodies. And I can imagine someone saying as level 15k "So how do dungeons go i've only done theatre xDxDxDD :D"

They need to have an option for bringing back some old features. Maybe even have a legacy server for pre-alchemist content.
or just make iria actually interesting to explore with more than like five actual cities
wouldn't mind some more dungeons either

Just need two more people online to start the guild.

>tfw no moon gates unlocked and no pets
Hoo boy

Some of my best memories of Mabinogi was running rabbie dungeon as a noob with two friends of mine. Getting unlucky with aggro and being the last man standing with six metal skeletons ready to fuck your mouth.
Hardcore can be fun with friends but then again anything is.

Shadow missions just don't really compare desu.

Did you guys just make brand new accounts? Don't you get like eight character cards now?

As a high-level player, I found Adv HM dungeons a ton of fun. To solo. If I brought anybody, shit just got nuked too fast. Especially if they were also mages.

But getting passes was a pain in the ass. THAT was the big problem of late-game Mabi, most of the actually fun stuff was locked behind passes you had to grind more boring quests that I've vastly overleveled for. That's what killed the Alban Training Grounds for me.

People ran theatre missions not just because they were lucrative, but because NPC Tourney was extremely readily available. It and the Apostle raid were the most challenging things in the game that didn't need a pass aside from Raid Boases, and not everyone wanted to level the Crusader skills.

I think that's what everyone else is doing. I made my character on my old account because I'm not paying for VIP on two accounts. Might make another one anyway just for the bank space.

Passes? Those are super easy to farm just through normal dungeon running. Most of the time my friends and I would just run dungeon after dungeon after dungeon because we'd get random ass passes from every run.

And the fact theatre missions drop gems and lods of emone was the reason anyone I knew ran them. NPC tourney was pretty fun though.

I met three scrubs on alexina who im helping out, I can invite them to the guild once the guild exists if thats cool

If they're cool then I'm fine with that.

Normal-level dungeons are EXTREMELY boring when you're endgame. You ride into a room on a mount, you open the chest/hit the switch to summon half a dozen monsters, they all die to a normal shot from your Dowras, you grab the key and ride to the next room.

Once you get an Adv pass, you're more or less good for the rest of the day, but if you want to keep doing that dungeon tomorrow you have to either afk in the dungeon overnight or go through the whole process again.

Or you can just buy a Maid and hope one of her daily gifts is a pass for something fun.

Do we have enough to form a guild yet?

No. Need two more. Suppose we could just go with the people the other guy found. Still need a name though.

You can only play it on linux in the korean or japanese version.

Just got home, will log on fast for the guild.

>oh hey its mabinogi general
>first few talks are of discord
oh boy

Anyone on jMabi or kMabi?

You can totally ditch the Discord because we're gonna be doing everything in-game, we're just trying to gather everyone effectively.

Need one more person, let's meet up in Dunbarton. Add Uachtaran if you haven't already.

Aren't they really strict about IP banning foreigners?

Korea? No.
Japan? They just don't allow IPs outside of Japan which is a shame because I get amazing ping connecting directly., but I've found ways to get past the block.

>from rF to r1 water cannon in 20 minutes

What name have you settled on?

I haven't settled on one. Clover's taken and I'm not sure I like the idea of naming the guild after /s4s/. Were there any other suggestions?

>party
>only 1 person in it
I think I hate MMOs, lads.

Would Yotsub& work? I know Yotsuba is dead or something.

Maybe, but Yotsubato definitely would.

post revival tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=hQX7Zub0ZdI

So we've got 2/5 in the party, my other 3 guys are MIA, AFK, and offline. Shit's going pretty good so far.

Nevermind, now we just need one more.

Alexina dunbarton channel 4

Meet there if you wanna join the guild

One more person. Come on, now.

I don't plan on staying on alex, but i'll get on with my alt i have there so you can at least start the guild

thanks mate, standing around dunbarton making small talk was getting awkward

Names Lumora, who am i looking for?

Leo come back to Dunbarton, we need you.

bonk

We have arrived
Also, Be sure to join our new discord here.

For anyone who doesn't know: Level 1 guilds can only hold 5 people, so we're already full. We need to get 100 GP before we can increase the limit. If you want into the guild, ad Uachtaran and I'll message or note you when we have space. The guild stone is by the logging camp moon gate as pictured here

This is the mosts posts ive ever seen on a mabigen

I added y'all. Thannytoes in game.

Almost to 100 GP and nobody else is on.

I'm on

I just gotta wait six more days JUST BECAUSE I REQUESTED THE ORIGINAL Veeky Forums GUILD

OP is a faggot and this is his fault.

Thanks for bringing the general back OP

We have 5 more slots! 2000 GP until the next upgrade.