/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 13th:
1373 – Anglo-Portuguese Alliance between England (succeeded by the United Kingdom) and Portugal is the oldest alliance in the world which is still in force.
1805 – Lewis and Clark Expedition: scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
1886 – King Ludwig II of Bavaria is found dead in Lake Starnberg south of Munich at 11:30 PM.
1917 – World War I: The deadliest German air raid on London during World War I is carried out by Gotha G bombers and results in 162 deaths, including 46 children, and 432 injuries.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBDK50sKELY
mediafire.com/download/6rbe69db69fz3rs/Apocalypse 1836 for HPM.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Arumba

Reminer to k.y.s.

Hoi4 is pretty bad

No bully pls

I'll drive Spain out of France, and reform Switzerland. Given that Spain fought the ottomans in several appallingly bloody wars (300-400k casualties each), I'm inclined to let them keep their albanian and tunisian possessions. Spanish Naples is believable and aesthetic, as are the islands, so I'm not going to worry about that.

Can't tell if serious.

North America is unsalvagable, mostly because France was destroyed by Spain/Austria early on, and England was trapped in a personal union with Austria for a few decades.

>Tyrone Canada
what is this memery

well this is indeed a weird mod and even wierder you decided to do it in vicky so the shit you're getting here is to be expected, but if you get discouraged just remember if you build it they will come
I wanna see how this thing turns out

Based mods please just give a ban, its not like they are here for contributing

>well this is indeed a weird mod and even wierder you decided to do it in vicky
I remember a vicky project about rome, it had some pretty cool sprites for the pops, the guy who was doing them was pretty talented
Anyway I think you can fit the system in almost any time period and the pops certainly add a lot to the game

Zombie mod is pretty fun

Where can I get the EFE mod from the image for EU4?

Want to give it a try or is it better playing EU3? I'm a big fan of Vicky 2.

Dem pops man, dem pops

Is based Sun Tzu a general?

youtube.com/watch?v=OBDK50sKELY

Will you incorporate the colonization of north japan?

>200k pops

Or siberia for that matter

Tryone conquered most of Ireland, colonized a small chunk of canada, then was conquered by perfidious Albion.

Asia is equally unsalvagable, as the everlasting Ming Reich dominates that end of the earth, and poland chases muscovy to the sea of japan

Autism is /gsg/ in its purest form, user.

>Replying to shitposting.

Whatever it takes to get a polish majority

so I staged a coup in brazil. they were up to around 40% fascist and I selected the most populous state for the coup. but they still only have 7 divisions to brazil's 45-50

and I don't have a large enough military to send volunteers. oh well

Got a download link for it?

Belarus is a client state I created for the Belorussian culture, and to cut the horrifying Lithuaniablob in half.

I also created Courland, Utrechtstadt, Krakau, and Metz-Burgundy to rationalize borders along ethnic lines (and because my aggressive expansion was depriving me of allies).

Thanks. I won't get discouraged, I have an inner motivation for this project.

He will be, for the state of Wu, and he will be pretty based.

Yes. Ideally I wanted some Ainu/Emishi OPMs bordering the proto-Japanese states, but I couldn't find any sources, or even names of tribes for any time period. The colonization will probably be handled by events/decisions for a civilized Japanese nation.

Siberia will most likely be uncolonizable for the entire mod.

>you'll never live out this /ss/ scenario
FUCK

M O R M O N S A R I S E
O
R
M
O
N
S

A
R
I
S
E

Awesome stuff. Looking forward to it.

she can blow my trumpet :^)

>1936 start
>spend 3 in game years building up an economy
>war starts
>lose 80% of my navy on the first naval combat
>instantly run out of fighters no matter how many I had stocked
>lose air and naval superiority everywhere
>red battle icons all over the map
>exit to menu and start over

>they
It's the same guy.

who

Do you have a download for the mod?

sent ;)

I remember reading about this months or years ago on here, are you going to include Persia, Macedonia, Rome etc or no?

I downloaded "Victoria 2 HOD v3.03 - Standalone.7z" from the archive, do I need anything else to play victoria 2 not counting mods?

>liquor 4th produced good

at least 21 in the us to be able to legally produce and sell liquor

>playing Germany
>Trying to build up Axis before I start the war
>Bulgaria attacks greece in 1939
>Greece joins allies
>Japan attacks Soviets

The 3.04 patch, depending on the mod of your choice

Can you guys get Paradox under control? They're starting to be DLC jews in every game they release.

Sure

Question, for Legionary Romania, is the leader Sima?

Also, since the start date is before Codreanu's death, how hard would it be to mod Codreanu as faction leader and add an event in which you get a choice between keeping Codreanu or having Carol's lackeys murder him, thus having Sima or one of the other Legionary faction leaders that arose with his death replace him?

Yeah last time I posted my mod here was probably half a year ago, I was working on the Greek states and Persia. I've since scraped that and it will not be part of the first version of the mod, I just want to focus on east Asia for now.

is there a full list of the new portraits in the hoi4 general fixes mod?

You forgot to flip the ones on the right side.

I want to avoid mods at least at the start

Wasn't Arumba a fat balding guy that looked like Total Biscuit's retarded brother?

How'd I do /gsg/? I'm new to grand strategy games and chose to play as glorious communist Tibet. I ended up conquering Bhutan, Nepal, Sinkiang, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and kicked the Italians out of Africa.

I still have a lot to learn, I don't understand how to perform sea invasions or how to drop paratroopers into enemy land, but I think I did an okay job.

Unfortunately time has stopped passing in my campaign for some reason and while the date is changing all production and armies have ceased movement.

Don't do grand strategy kids.

What have I done.

Fuck.

¿will i lose?

Fuck I'm retarded, here

mediafire.com/download/6rbe69db69fz3rs/Apocalypse 1836 for HPM.zip

>Reorganized Nationalist China
wot

Appearances can be deceiving.

Then you are good to go

I'd say hes more attractive than tb.

Nationalist China and commie chinka formed a faction when I helped push the nips into the sea.

>People find this game hard

how do i kill hitler and replace him with willy in hoi4?

I told franco to join the axis and retake gibraltar and he actually did it the absolute madman,

Thanks bud, I owe you one.

You could also do that in HOI3 you know xDxD There is a Luxembourg WC and an Albania WC in HOI3 :P

what is the arumba meme
>inb4 t. reddit

>Es principalmente Océano
>Mediterranean Sea

Realism is not an argument. )))))

>japon

Don't ask me, ask MCGuy

help

Whats up with your unit icons?

how do I bring back Novikov who was the leader of the soviet air force IRL but in the game you can't bring him cuz he was "purged by Stalin" ???? what

Build arrows and encourage mana

how fucked are you as britain if you lose egypt and the suez canal?

invest in shamanism

does the HOI4 general fixes mod work with ironman mode?

they are outnumbering you like 10-1 and yet they don't attack you. This AI really is retarded.

Gotta get those cheevos amirite?? X---D

It doesn't

it's called defense ever heard of it autist?

They are waiting for planning mana

How did you make your counters so big?

Just started playing EU4 as Ming, how do I gitgud? Anyone got a timeline of what I should accomplish at what state?

Currently I'm at 1520ish, made Manchus, some mongols, and most of Vietnam my vassals. North is pretty secure but there are still some sizable nomad empires. Allied with Korea (completely contained), Tibet, and some Indochina guy. Finished colonizing Taiwan and colonizing SEA islands. Around 50k standing army but is in debt because those colonizing costs are fucking my shit up.

How am I doing so far? Or >JUST?

plz resbond

Jesus fucking christ

>General Evola

Fuck you you memeloving fuck.

How to add more theaters?

I'm about to play a new campaign in HoI4, who should I play as? I try to avoid the "majo" countries but I'm open to the United States because they start off Isolationist.

Who should I side with in the War?

r8 my europe /gsg/

Is it just pasted over HPM?

is this a mod for hoi4 or something?

The Great Purge, Stalin killed all generals who were of questionable loyalty

its easy, i dont remember how I did it because it was so intuitive. Im pretty sure it was just a "new theatre" button underneath the existing ones

Play as gommie USA or France and establish Fourth Internationale.

(You)

Plz respond to my post instead