/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why ?

So does anyone have a complete list of the art books? So far I've seen:

>MH Illustrations 1/2/3
>MH Encyclopedia 1/2/3/4

Also MEGA/Torrent links would be appreciated.

i am also interested

Is there any reason to play offline quests in MHX?

If you mean the village ones, they unlock food and more hunter arts.

I've been lazy about finishing them, they really drag on.

A helm that gives CE+2 when you complete all village quests.

Various food, armor and weapon recipes.

I mean whatever is the equivalent to Caravan quests.

English scans of Illustrations 1/2 are in the pastebin.
I'm too lazy to scan 3.

ill give you my lewd kirby pic if you do?

How's the hero bow for group hunting? Has the highest raw + powershot with all coatings.

is there any good monster Hunter for PC in english? i really want to play it again

>monster hunter
>good
lmao probably if you're 12

Emulate trabslated MHP3rd HD or play MHO.

Why does everybody aim for Sharpness +1 and not Sharpness +2? I don't really understand skills yet, but I just unlocked the Seltas Mail and noticed +2.
Would I be wrong in assuming the Seltas set is really strong, considering it comes with Sharpness +2?

>is there any reason to play the game

For what possible reason is the MHX section of Kiranico so unfinished? The game's been out for goddamn months in Japan, you would think they'd be all over that shit.

I use Dex instead of Kiranico, Dex at least is finished

Even the 4U side is still somewhat incomplete if you factor in event quests

Probably don't want to waste any more time on half-arsed garbage like X.

Does it have weapon trees? That's probably my biggest gripe with Kiranico. They've got it all there, but nothing's connected so I have no damn clue what I'm building.

It has, including the weapon pic

bump

Some weapons get jackshit of white with S+1 or they just expand blue to the max. S+2 is a fucking meme due the 15 points it requires and the shitty charms you get from the sakura method doesn't help at all

Well goodness, would you look at that. I still can't figure out how to make that awesome anchor hammer, though. My guess is it's probably part of an event that isn't out yet.

If you're talking about MHX I just saw the reward for doing one of the yukumo quests is the anchor hammer (not sure if it just gives a recipe or the completed thing.)

>due the 15 points it requires
Would I not just get S+2 from a full Seltas set?
And while I'm asking, what HR3 set should I be building towards? I mainly play Long Sword/Insect Glaive.

Oh, probably the recipe. Good to know, though.

Actually it straight up gives you the hammer. I just did the quest to find out. 6 Star Ferocious Plesioth.

Well damn, thanks champ.

anyone have a good CB relic quest?

>cap quest
>some fucker takes the ez trap and tranqs
>doesn't use them when the monster ready

Worst thing about playing through low rank.

Sharpness+1/2 comes from the Handicraft Skill.
The Sharpness skill on the Seltas armor gives Razor Sharp, which reduces sharpness consumption.
They're two different skills with similar naming.

Playing MH3U right now and trying to force myself to get into the ranged classes- I'm giving light bowgun a go and I was wondering-

Is it possible to set the game so that quick-aim mode starts facing the direction the camera is facing, and not the direction the player character is facing?

>Not bringing your own shit
It gets worse in X, where every Variant has a quest to capture said target with only supply items.

>just hit 200 hours in 4u
>realize how awful the female armors look in comparison to the males

):

Females get better mixes, Males get better fullsets.

this desu

>>Not bringing your own shit

Depending on which part of low rank you're in, it's not always that easy to obtain the items necessary

when building a lance set do i prioritize elemental atk over raw?

should i be going for as much elemental as possible?
also my set looks like this
>Evade +3
>honed blade
>elemental atk up

pls rply

minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/

WHERE'S THE DEMOOOO

Capcom said today at e3 it'll be out a week before launch.

You can always 'demo' the Japanese version for free, famicom. But you should buy the real thing once it's out if you really like it.

why'd you show me this user
it makes everything more complicated

i wouldve liked to have stayed ignorant

You want a reasonable balance of both like SnS, you're not using Dual Blades

Oh.. damn.

Bump

Was just about to start MHX when I noticed that the English version is out soon.

Should I keep playing anyway? Is there anything stopping me from just converting the save to EU with homebrew?

>turn on 3d
>fire bowgun shots into the camera

whoaa0000

Where can I download the non-patched version of Portable 3rd HD and the DLC? I can only find the english patched version, and I wanted to use it as a way to practice Japanese. (It needs to be the HD version to work on PPSSPP).

You could probably convert your save when it comes out in the west.

>Turn on 3D
>Bowgun/ballista FPV is more annoying to use

On a scale of Tri to 4U how good is MHX?

frontier

>Played FU,Tri,P3rd, MHX
>Didn't play 3U and 4U
>MHG coming out in a month
>Worried X data won't work on Generations

Do I still have time to play 4U or is it too late?
I'd rather not keep going on X until I know for sure the data can be transfered.

From what I can tell all the 4U players are saying X is more of a downgrade than an improvement and I have no idea what I missed.

>On a scale of Best to Most Content

4u is still pretty active
i have no problem finding rooms for grinding items

may change for gens though

What should be my focus as a charge blade user in multiplayer hunts? I try to get as many guard points as I can to stop the monsters charges and what not, and get off enhanced axe attacks into the monsters face for KO's, but a lot of the time I end up tripping teammates

Only if they migrate the bot to Gen.

huh?

I think Gens will probably be really popular for a month or two after release then when everyone gets to the grinding variants part most will most will stop playing like I did. So if I was you I'd start 4U now then take a break when Gens is out to play that then go back to 4U when Gens dies down. There will probably be a lot of crowns coming back to 4U at that time to help you grind for shit.

The bot said when he's back from Mecca he's not going to play video games any more.

Where's that new meme coming from?

What new meme is that?

So where do you think tencent will announce mho for the west? At sony's event along with ps4 version?

i hop not

Ono already hinted mho localization and console version.

Well it improves loads of stuff so I'd say it's the best monster hunter yet like most new entries in the series, however it's not the jump 3U to 4U was so if you've played 4U then it might now blow you away as much.

Whats the point though, Generations is mainly only cool if you played the previous MH games.
You get to revisit the old towns, hear remade BGMs, see the townspeople, use old armors/weapons, and such.

However, when it comes to the monsters, fighting a Rathalos or Tigrex for the millionth time is nothing special.
"Oh look it got a slightly altered move, it hit me with it once before I got it down"
Especially when:
"Now I'm going to rape you with my aerial attacks you damn dirty Rathian"

It gets old quick imo. Didn't they just add like 5 unique monsters this game? And for it being called "Generations" they sure did leave a bunch of monsters out.

0.75 Tris

that is about the equivalent to 2 Portable 3rds

That's retarded. P3rd is 2 Tris.

I wish that hunting horn songs didn't all have the same recital speeds.

It would be cool if minor buffs like Attack Up S, or Recovery Speed Up S or even Sonic Waves had a faster animation so you could use the recital as an attack more often.

It would give an interesting niche to stuff like the Zamtrios horn or the Garuga horn.

>trash is 2 comfiest game

??

I wish horn raws were balanced out enough so you use more than Attack up horns.
Even the Chaos gore horn which easily reaches 100% affinity is garbage compared to Maqam.
We need new songs like Attack Speed up, Razor Sharp, Weakness Exploit, ect.

>I wish horn raws were balanced out enough so you use more than Attack up horns.
Yeah I wish the situational horns were more useful. That's a problem I have with Monster Hunter in general.

New songs would be great too. I want a song that scares all the small monsters and makes them flee the area, or one that pulls a Qurupeco and summons a large monster to your current position so you can set up ambushes.

>I want a song that scares all the small monsters and makes them flee the area
Do you mean like flame aura or an actual AoE like Sonic Wave that does the same effect as hitting a monster with a torch? Because the second one sounds hilarious.

A type of "harsh song" that deals neutral damage like shelling would be fun to play with and would mesh perfectly with horns like Tigrex, Akantor, and Blango

Definitely the latter.

>I want a song that scares all the small monsters and makes them flee the area

Suddenly, egg and big stone quests get done much quicker online

>one that pulls a Qurupeco and summons a large monster to your current position so you can set up ambushes

This'll be interesting on unstable quests

Stop jumping back and pouncing all around you stupid panther wyvern fuck.

I grabbed a PSP 1001 for cheap.

How do I play FU without crippling my hands?

You emulate it and use a xbox controller

53-5412-0229-4997
4U Fishing
Let's hunt

Post armour you want to cosplay with.

Don't post female Kirin armor unless you are a qt grill.

>mfw the built-in ammo in MHX

So which of these things are actually worth using? The elemental ammo is obvious, but what about all the others like Shrapnel, Large, Grenade, and so on?

> not cosplaying your favourite clown suits
Top plebeian.

Male__ Lagombi
Problem is that I don't like showing my face and most conventions are at summer so wearing warm attire isn't the best idea.

Can I post Kirin if I'm a qt boi?

>male Lagombi
>not male/female Blizzard Lagombi for that swag as hell suit

It also helps that it actually has reasonably good skills for Aerial style (or insanely good if you want to meme pellet spam with HBG).

>Suddenly, egg and big stone quests get done much quicker online
Yeah but playing cowboy with herds of small monsters sounds fun as hell.

>This'll be interesting on unstable quests
Every other weapon can turn the hunt into a disaster, why not hunting horn?

why does he have a grab attack? to punish scrubs who havent killed maximum difficulty rajangs thousands upon thousands of times in their monster hunter gaming career

>Blizzard Lagombi
I completely forgot that the variant exists but that sounds like a better idea. Also how is aerial pellet spam in X/Gen? Is it actually good or is it just a meme?

>Also how is aerial pellet spam in X/Gen? Is it actually good or is it just a meme?

Firing pellets in the air causes them to all headshot (or hit the weakpoint of) the monster. It's like you just shot ~10 Normal lvl2 shots straight into the monster's weakpoint.

I've never played a MH before and I'm about to start playing MHO.

Which weapon should I use?

A gun nearby to kill yourself

Rude.

MHO isn't an accurate representation of MH, at all. Go emulate something like MH P3rd, MHFU, or MH Tri.

I would, but me and a couple friends want to play together. Also, we only own PCs so there's not a lot of choice for us.