/twg/ - Total War General

Diederick a good boy edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Last chance to read

first for sigvald

Rollan!

Are there any advantages to fighting with a 1-handed weapon + empty off hand or is carryuing a shield always better?

Depends how much armor you are wearing.

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

Is there a mod to make the camera in this game usable

It's finally done. Fuck.

The hardest imo was the dwarfs

>people actually finish campaigns

laffing at ur life

Nice, I'd like to be that autistic too but I can't do it anymore after Chaos and Empire, it's just not fun

In pretty much literally any situation having an empty hand that you're not using for anything is worse than using that hand to have a big shield you can block stuff with, I mean shields really are fucking great, there's a reason literally everyone everywhere used shields historically and we still use them today for various reasons

Are we getting any total war info this E3? If so, when?

>no
>never
desu I have no idea

rollin

Easiest?

I've only ever finished a Shogun 2 campaign before this one. It just seemed more fun this time around. That said, I'm looking forward to going back and playing the more complete total war games now.

i don't even blame you.

Shoutouts to the MVPs

Chaos: Sigvald for showing me the power of legendary-mode rushing.
Greenskins: Top Knotz for showing me that orcs truly can get along.
VC: Estalia for paying me roughly 10000 dollars for peace treaties when I was broke and unaware we were even at war.
Dwarfs: Border Princes for just sort of winning the campaign for me by taking the badlands, and being unable to settle.
Empire: Sigmar because nobody else actually helped.

>Trying to get full-size color versions of event art
>Find file with event art in it
>Extract a few
>It's how the art looks like at the end of the animation
>Look around some more
>Finally find a file in movies.pack with event art
>It's in some bullshit .ca_vp8 file format that nothing I have can open

Hoesntly I'd say chaos, because it's what taught me how to git gud, and they really don't take too much time to finish an entire campaign.
VC is impossible to actually lose, and their heros are fucking crazy strong, so they're probably the "easiest".

Its those kind of maps that fuck up the camera

It's a fun game but Minas Tirith is basically unplayable

Although to be fair it would be a nightmare to defend irl

Has there been a TW game where you could replenish your troops with captured enemies after a battle?
I can't remember any

...almost all of them?

>tfw cant bribe armies and generals like in the old days

That was always a fun campaign strat. I suppose we can bribe into a confederation now but thats a bit too powerful atm.

have you played video games

>the old days
You could do that in S2 and i think R2(or only agents)

TROLL'D xD

What's the point of using Sigvald over Archaon and Kholek? Starting with artillery? Also, did you auto-resolve everything?

Artillery, and the early horde growth allows you to balance out sacking/razing to get chosen super fast while still having big money.
Not as much auto-resolves as I would have liked, but it's not hard when you have a hellcannon to turtle around.

>play R1 at release, unpatched
>diplomats can bribe entire armies and generals
>they always said their price no matter what

It was later fixed but I never actually bothered to build any armies while playing, I just got a few diplomats up and running and assimilated enemy armies.

It was pretty fun, loyalty really mattered beyond just rebellions.

I cared more about high ranking generals in the older games.

Post a rolling sheet. Anyone.

Is there an Empire or Napoleon roll sheet? I don't think I've seen one

what about a franchise roll sheet?

like this?

2 lazy to make it
t.made S2,Med2+kingdoms,TA roll charts

Not for warhammer I mean.

1. Balance

2. Grab/Grappling

3. Disarms and Shield Stripping

please user

S2

Has anyone made a mod that fixes monsters getting absolutely fucked over by AutoResolve? It's so retarded that I have to play some retarded garrison battles because apparently my monsters try and solo the enemy army.

Gonna make Napoopan and Empire when I'm home (Attila/AoC/Warhams chart user)

Maybe later,14 hours min until im back home

AoC

I feel like I've spent a lot of time not accomplishing much the past couples days, but I think I've learned a lot too

THank you mane, I appreciate it.

I'm just glad people in this general like the gunpowder total war games

You can change auto-resolve difficulty in a script file, but you cannot change how the algorithm works. The devs have said they're looking into a way to make heroes and monsters not take theblunt of the damage.
Also, heroes who die in autoresolve are not wounded but treated as any other unit and there is gone permanently.

So yeah, unless you're fighting manually it's a good idea to keep your wizards and heroes out of your army.

I fucking loved Empire and Napoleon, warts and all, but holy shit the tiny font makes the game a pain, even with mods that make it bigger.

>tiny font

what? what do you mean?

thank you kindly. rolling.

Text size.

Chaos spawn or armored trolls? And giants seem kinda shitty. Each swing despite colliding with at least a dozen enemies ends up only knocking down 4 and at best 1 dies. Monsters aside from demigryphs feel too weak. Why not just increase the number of non monster units by double and then ramp up the aoe and damage they do so it at least doesn't look like shit. And then stop making all the maps so god damn tiny.

Well yeah but where?

Chaos Spawn are great.
Trolls are fucking terrible because of low leadership.
Giants are awesome.

What about knights/dragon ogres or their shaggoth variants? And what the hell is this shit? Will CA ever not be lazy and half ass and half finish everything?

>clipping on his fucking portrait

christ, really?

Anyone else feel like the Chaos campaign is much less the DAWN OF THE END TIMES and much more Mount & Blade with a cult skin?

I'm quickly beginning to lose interest in Total Warhammer due to the cheating AI. I've been playing strategy games for a long time, and I realize that the AI needs cheats to make up for its weaknesses and for constantly losing to the player, but it cheats so much in this game that intelligence-gathering (gauging what the enemy is capable of based on its buildings, etc.) is near-impossible.

And of course, AI agents are super strong because CA lied and they in fact do break the rules and receive huge hidden bonuses.

In this image, you'll see there's one Greenskins settlement left on the map. Just a few turns ago, I completely destroyed one of their armies via underway interception and devastated their second.

[to be cont'd.]

Yeah, the clipping is annoying. I'm guessing he doesn't have a unique animation.

Dragons Ogres are alright, Shaggots are like giants only a bajillion times faster. Monsters are generally top-tier units, even trolls if you can boost their leadership.

Kind of, I always disliked the Chaos campaign because it showcased the worst of the game, like the AI who sends deathsquads after you, annoying marching stance and so on.

imagine playing as Archaeon, smacking niggers up with kingslayer for real, rather than just commanding him to and hoping he does so rather than spin around on his dogger horse for a few minutes at a time.

Here we are a handful of turns later, and they've got one full stack at full strength, a second full stack at 2/3 strength, and a WAAAAGH!!!.

How did they get the WAAAAGH!!!? I don't know. They haven't beaten any of my armies or razed any of my stuff, and they're allied with the Top Knotz to the west. There's no one else around.

How did they replenish their troops so quickly? How are they affording the upkeep for almost two doomstacks, with one settlement without any economic buildings? I don't know.

I never know, because the AI awards itself free shit whenever it wants and breaks rules as it pleases. That's an entire strategic layer of the campaign map, broken. The only intelligence you can gather is to assume it'll get a lot of free shit.

noice

alright so new day new updates, sorta. I fixed the overcolourfullness of the zombies and am currently making that tweak in all of my mods. it turns out the rgb table for faction uniforms when imported gets inverted, so it was then a B.G.R table. horror. what that means is the blue code 200 was posted in red tables for example

that means possibly all my colours are fucked, I'll have a look through them after the horses are done.
as for bret horses I posted a few wips last thread but I think I found something I like, 3 horse variants, 100% armour on those variants. to hide whats underneath, otherwhise you get naked horses which don't seem very bretlike at all
nightmare, unarmoured black knight horse and bretonnian charger with armour. here

side by side are the bret variant and armoured nightmare. I'm after feedback to see if its worth it to include some of the bret horses at the cost of the blue eye glow dissapearing when you look at them closely from the side, I'll post a pic after this post showing the effect

when do they typically announce their next title in the works? like a month or two after release or a year or what?

this has happened in each TW since shogun
>rebel army bullshit meme
>ikko-ikki peasant spawning gates
>"I do not have a dojo but ima make samurai anyway"

this is how the game compensates for player skill to know what to do and how to do it hell, age of empire had ai that could tech and build workers AT THE SAME TIME

>+25-60% more income
>-25-60% less upkeep
>no build time for units
>additional agent success chance
>no agent upkeep or action cost
>I guess no animosity but rising fightiness instead (free WAAAGH!!!'s after a few turns)
It's absolutely sad and feels just stupid

could you give the horses frilly hats?

sorry for low quality, my computer is 10 years old and doesn't have a cooling system. i'm not actually sure why it still works

>their next title in the works
If you mean the next Warhammer title, hopefully soon, otherwise who cares?

plz do this

I would say VC monsters are quite good. Made a meme army from vargheists and terrorgheists only and it worked pretty well.

example
the bret charger at different angles

the horrifying part is I sorta can to an extent, I'll upload a silly pic

I need help from a true understander of strategy

I've never made it this far in a campaign and I have no idea what my end game is or what I should be currently doing.

All I've got right now is a full stack in Innsbruck defending it from the austrians, and two half stacks just north of it.

Also have a quarter stack headed to portugal

I have no fleet, and the entire game has been perpetual clashes with Austria, and some of Prussias satellite states

can someone tell me where I should go from here?

>in a campaign
*in Napoopan I should say

It is crucial that you keep the mediterranean yours and then grab all the trade points there to fund your war effort, then defeat portugal/southern italy so you can clean up the southern front. Protectorate Portugal instead of conquer.

I can't even imagine how bad your room smells.

>the horrifying part is I sorta can

MAKE IT SO, user.

make some armies to defend from war with the red nations on your fronts. then have another army flank and march as hard across their land causing as much damage to property and civilians as possible. do it in such a way they will never forget it for decades to come and still suffer for the rest of your campaign

remember to praise the desert kingdoms

like roses. my windows right next to a rose garden

>keep the Mediterranean mine
Heh, I guess I'll start taking parts?

kek, I like making protectorate states though, so they can betray me later just like irl

pic related, my strongest concentration of forces atm

one turn away from 3 prussian doomstacks

>Everything going as planned as Empire.
>Confederate all southern Empire factions.
>Good bit of territory south of Brettonia.
>Suddenly get dragged into war with VC I let get out of hand by Dwarf allies.
>Right as Archeon and his stacks spawn.
>Bjornling coming in from the south.

I am not prepared for the dicking I am about to receive.

Role for my next game

roll

Roll

Finished all important factions on very hard, what next for fun?

Pontus

WRE legendary

its done, but do you lads think
is an acceptable compromise for horses I desire feedback

learn to mod, it seems everyone wants viking dwarves.

rooooooooooooooooolllllllllliiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

it looks like the yees are glowing from most angles, so i think it'd be fair to run with it for awhile, as a fair compromise.

Looks fucking great.

>all important

And what are not important factions?

An Empire Hero got caught in my post-battle undead rave. Some wiseguy slipped him a killer molly and he collapsed a few minutes later, the zombies and skeletons still stomping up and down like it was 1999 IC.

He did not survive.

Top tier user

Can someone please explain to me the practicality of 'Miner's Instinct', the skill for Grudgebearer

The description isn't very helpful

I need some advice on my chaos campaign -

I just got done awakening then subjegating all the norse but fucking empire took out a bunch of my vassels so now I only have 2 left and franz is being a fuck running around my lands and I can't seem to catch him even with the archeon +10% movement, 10% movement skill, and 10% movement research. Is there any way to bring back the vassels if the whole place is covered in ruins?

I'm about to say fuck it and just go start fucking their lands up.

>CA: I'm sorry guys guess AI is too optimal with agents :)
Yeah no shit you faggot it also does it for free

> Tomb Kings still not announced

One tribe is more than enough. They will start fighting eachother later in game anyway.
If you wan't to catch Karl or anybody else who is runing use agents to Block Army.

I thought they wouldn't fight if I subjugate them all and make them vessels - also hes fagging around in the north waters but you make a good point on the agents I need to get some over here.

>awaken two tribes
>"fuck yes, arise my minions!"
>6 turns in they declare war on eachother
>find out they're not vassals but just regular military allies

What the fuck.