/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

No Vvardenfell at E3 Edition.

Elder Thread: →

>Official news
Dark Brotherhood DLC is out on PC, and coming June 14th to Xbox One and Playstation 4!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/05/31/dark-brotherhood-is-now-available-on-pc-and-mac
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171736/deactivation-of-fraudulently-obtained-esotu-game-keys
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3
youtube.com/watch?v=hU8CPK2pGW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw used to have that giant paper map
>it fell apart and I don't have it anymore
A shame I was too young to realize that I probably should've stuck it in a frame or something instead of pinning it to my corkboard.

is the elder scrolls online nice?

i thought people didn't like it

>People don't like it so I shouldn't like it as well
I fucking hate this mindset

2 years is a long time, user

started out clunky but they've pretty much fixed alot of the issues.

I've had great fun with it, and i haven't even done half of the stuff there is.

You're obviously gonna get biased answers here. I like it due to the combat, the lore, and the flexibility you as a player have to play it however you want. There is a meta but it's fairly plastic.

How easy it is to install and uninstall addons is a huge plus on PC. You can even install them while you're having the game running. It just werks.

> End of Rivenspire main-quest
> Giving Molag Bal, the Schemer Prince, an Ayleid artefact with the power to turn a whole region into mindless bloodspawn
I'm sure this won't backfire sooner or later =^)

At least it will be easier to find ERP soon. :^)

Don't worry none of your choices really matter

>should've stuck it in a frame or something
Nah I still got my original one, it has some tears at the folding seams but it is fine otherwhise. (And I still got the combined Vvardenfell+Mournhold map that came with Tribunal in mint condition.)
Did the patch that removed vet ranks kinda fuck up blacksmithing while you are going through Cadwell's silver/gold? After the patch, the ore you find seems to be only for crafting gear well below the CP level of the enemies of the area.

Enjoy your eternally gimped character after dealing with Sheogorath.

It didn't fuck up as much as they didn't care about changing it. They can change the armour of the orcs in a single sidequest to make it match the armour found in a new DLC with next to non ever finding out, but they won't bother fixing so you get appropriate crafting materials after the CP change.

So my BF and I were looking at getting into ESO. Whats the player base like these days? We were put off by the on release problems. Would it be a long grind to catch up to the rest of the player base?

Also my BF wants to know how is the PVP.

No

>my BF and I

pic related

>Whats the player base like these days?

pretty much the same as any other MMO but a lot more RPfags because megaserver

>Would it be a long grind to catch up to the rest of the player base?

depends on what "long grind" means to you I don't think there's a lot of grind

>Would it be a long grind to catch up to the rest of the player base?
Not really. Play is as a coop ESO and you won't notice it.

we have 7 million something players according to bethesda at be3

>release problems
this game is 2 years old now

>long grind
mmo

>voted best mmo 2015
>voted best pvp mmo as well

i literally don't know

Really you don't need to grind much for most things unless you want to do Trials or Veteran dungeons.

PvP can be started as low as level 10, granted you'll probably just be using siege weapons or charging in zergs rather than killing players 1v1 until maybe level 20-25.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, although it could probably take a bit to get into until you get crafted sets and such, but nothing too difficult to get, or buy.

I have 12 skill points I'm probably never going to use, like I need an extra 2

why are the guards so condescending and arrogant, i-i just want to enjoy my walk in the city

They've different personalities. Some of em will hit on you if you steal and they catch you.

NA GET FUCKED

>i'm not really looking for any new friends, move along

is there seriously no way to duel friends?

I hope this is one of those mythical short downtimes

Server maintenance is once a week and can last four hours.

Nope. No bullying allowed in PvE-zones.

> Characters will have their level scaled the same way that we currently scale players to the level of DLC zones (Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood).

So they're essential taking out the levels on the enemies? So we won't see level 10 or level 30 bandits, they'll all be CP160 bandits that everyone bellow C160 gets scaled up to?

Yep

Does this mean I can farm gold wherever the fuck I want?

Crap, I just realized I should have called my sorc "I put on my robe and psijic hat"

it is too long man

I'm new to this game, where can I find some basic class skill tree introductions? I don't want to commit to either Dark Magic or Storm Calling without seeing what looks flashier first.

you don't have to comit, it's not like other MMOs. there's plenty of skill points to go around. keep at least one ability of each tree on your main bar, and it will level both at the same time.

But it's not like The Secret World or traditional Elder Scrolls games where I can just fuck around and buy every skill point either. If I level up Dark Magic, but end up only using Storm Calling I'm just wasting my levels, which also have a hard cap.

So after watching E3 I kinda wanna get into this game. I played the beta way back but didn't play after launch cause I had other shit to do. I got plenty of time to get lost into a new game so I wanna try this out. How's the PvE community for this game? I typically play a tank in most MMO's. Does this game have something like that or is it more like GW2?

Also if I wanna play with people from this board do I have to pick a specific faction?

You don't commit to any skill tree. In the end you'll be using skills from 3-6 trees.

I'm part of 2 dedicated endgame PvE guilds that are close to the guild pop cap- 500.

Tanking's uh.. involved in this game, to say the least.

Most of us in NA PC are EP, but dungeon content is cross-faction, and soon all pve content will be too.

You'll have plenty of skill points by the end to have every skill and passive you could want on a character. And respeccing is cheap anyway if you find yourself lacking.

Personally I'd play dps first cause you can actually kill things at a reasonable pace. Tanks aren't needed anyway until you unlock dungeons at lvl 45 and respeccing is cheap.

The One Tamriel thing sounds like it'll be implemented over the summer into the fall, so it's not in the game yet. You can group with people of other factions to do dungeons and trials, but otherwise you're stuck with people of your own faction until they update.

>There is no new server. Japan will default to NA but be able to pick from NA or EU.
BRAVO ZENI, BRAVO!

Forgot to mention I'm from EU. What faction do most people play in EU? Or should not worry about that now and just pick what I like most and tough it through till that one tamriel thing?

ayyee maintenance finally finished

I stopped playing after I was forced out of the non-veteran PVP continent and didn't want to compete with the hordes of maxed characters unless I would grind for hundreds of hours.

Is the grind to max veteran level +champ points just as mind-numbingly tedious as it was a year ago, or should I give it another try?

Somehow, I get the feeling that this isn't the whole story.

Still, the fact that it's not F2P in this day and age is a big plus.

>little patch
>Caltrops: Made some performance adjustments for this ability and its morphs.
Oh you did, did you?

You might want to run through silver and gold cadwell's play the other faction quests for the skill points and books/shards etc. You should hit CP 160 during/towards the end of silver. No idea on how far gold will take you, but I'll probably know in a couple of weeks.

From what I understand, the base game is $60-80, you have to pay like $10-15 for each of the three factions (wat) in in-game currency only, and you have to pay $15 per expansion also in in-game currency only (wat).

Or, you can pay a monthly sub to access all DLC (and factions?) without having to buy them, unless you stop subbing.

>the base game is $60-80
>have to pay like $10-15 for each of the three factions
>in in-game currency only
>have to pay $15 per expansion also in in-game currency only

what the fuck are you smoking, user?

THEY SNEERED WHEN CLOCKWORK MADE HIS DEMAND
TILL TWILIGHT RAISED A HAND
"AND WHAT DO YOU OFFER IN RETURN
TO KEEP US FROM CHASTISING NIRN?"

Dunno, you tell me.

Their pricing model is very opaque, and since the game's not very popular, good info that's not outdated is hard to find.

If someone buys it for $60 on Steam, do they get everything, without having to sub or buy DLCs?

Read OP. Base game's on sale from $10-20.

Really don't want people spending $60 on this.

I don't understand, how will ZOS handle different alliance members in the same zone? I don't want to see any filthy Daggers or ADs in Mournhold, I want to cut their spines and put their heads on a spike.

>very opaque
buy base game, pay for each dlc or get access to all of them while subscripted, done
>not very popular
remember the 7 million, familial

also nobody, not even people with collapsed frontal bones pay full price for anything on steam.

>buy base game, pay for each dlc or get access to all of them while subscripted, done

So... basically exactly what I posted , but with slightly different prices.

>also nobody, not even people with collapsed frontal bones pay full price for anything on steam.

That's true, but the consequence of that has been an increasing quantity of DLC, and more expensive DLC.

They're going to snake and Jew and gyp that money out of you one way or another, or at least try to.

Well, summer sale is this month. Might consider picking up ESO for 75% off and subbing for a few months for a laugh.

>Read OP. Base game's on sale from $10-20.

I did, but I'm not keen on providing any financial info to obscure, slightly shady-looking websites with garbled-ass alphabet soup URLs, ever.

And PayPal, well, those faggots are shady in their own right, though I've been forced to use PP over the years.

I'd much rather pay the game, then pay by piece like this than pay for the base game + subs + expansions like WoW.

I don't understand the complaints, what would you consider the ideal MMO pricing model?

I guess OP should be clearer. DLgamer is an authorized key reseller according to Zenimax so that is 100% safe.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171736/deactivation-of-fraudulently-obtained-esotu-game-keys

The other ones are cheaper but are not authorized. Haven't heard any problems with regards to them, but at the very least ESO does cost $20 via DLgamer.

>basically
>makes up some shit about having to pay for each alliance separately

guy is probably ebiner come over from /v/ because of the 15 mins at E3, because this is some mountain out of mole hills tier shit

If I buy the Orsinium DLC, will I be able to do the quest content with say a level 42 character? Can I do it with any level character?

>From what I understand, the base game is $60-80
$20 from DLgamer, an authorized key reseller.

>you have to pay like $10-15 for each of the three factions (wat) in in-game currency only
completely false? I guess the explorer's pack for $10 allows you to pick any race any faction, otherwise you're limited to the faction the race you play belongs in.

>you have to pay $15 per expansion also in in-game currency only (wat).
Depends on whether you buy crowns when they go on sale for 40% off or not. So $9 an expansion. And depends on which expansion, they are priced differently depending on amount of content.

yes

>From what I understand
That ain't much lel

>Being a vampire in ESO
>Being a vampire in White Gold Tower on Adjudicator

Just play on the non-champion as the rest of us.

Help me /tesog/. I haven't tanked in years and I'm rusty going back to it, but I'm jumping right into the fire by doing veteran dungeons (I've done em all as healer before).

How do I know if I'm shit or if my team is shit? Is there a rule of thumb? Am I expected to taunt trash mobs between boss engagements?

newfag here. who's stopping me from getting one month of eso and earning all the dlc items instead of buying the expansions?

Absolutely nothing.

Nothing.

Pussy and a job.

I don't think trash mobs need to taunted. If you're DK, pull far away mobs into the pile everyones' AOEing and, in any case, AOE yourself to kill everything quicker.

Hey I played this game during beta and surprisingly I liked it. But only now I'm considering it because some friends are going to play.

I heard it had some sort of PvP continent, can I play 100% of my time there after I reach it? Not really interested in shitty pve without pvp

Cyrodiil (the map of Oblivion if you played that game) is PvP. It's entirely possible to just go around and play PvP after you've reached level 10, that should take like a day for a completely new player.

I forgot this existed after the terrible reception at launch. I've heard they made some big improvements though and the no restrictions announcement peaked my interest.

Is it worth giving a try? Is there a free trial? I promise to avatarfag endlessly and make your thread lively and awful.

No free trial but buying the base game for $20 using the DLgamer link in the OP is worth it.

I think it's good. I didn't play it at the start because of all the bad reviews but I heard it got better after it went B2P, and having played it I do agree it's a good game for $20. Mostly playing this to play something elder scrolls related until ES6 is released.

>Is it worth giving a try?
YES

>Is there a free trial?
NO

>I promise to avatarfag endlessly and make your thread lively and awful.
OKAY

I'm not a huge fan of ES, I don't dislike it but I don't seek it out specifically. I like MMOs with fun abilities that aren't just "hit guy" and "hit guy harder", are there any of those? Like mind control of high mobility stuff? Also what's the endgame like? Thanks user.

HOLY SHIT

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

There are some fun abilities and i think the coolest ones come from werewolf and vampire skill trees, you should go check those out(yes, you get both of those skill lines from cash shop, BUT once you have one of those you can infect others. people mostly sell it)
If i were you wouldn't worry about endgame. I've been playing this game pretty actively for a few months now and i've been too caught up on questing and pvp(which is fun imo)

I can't really say since ESO's the only MMO I played except for WoW to level 20 (and only to get the hearthstone portrait).

I used to play a lot of Dota and no ESO abilities surprised me per se by their uniqueness.

The combat is good, reminds me of mass effect 3 multiplayer in that you have dodge roll and animation cancelling. Definitely enjoyed it more than Skyrim's.

As I understand it, leveling in ESO is more involved than in other MMOs because of voiced quests, and fewer kill x fetch quests. I found it fine personally, like Skyrim-tier quests? Playing through it was like playing a mediocre single player RPG. I played WoW to get to level 20 and found the intro quests way worse in comparison, and completely understand why people say the real game starts at max level for WoW.

>yes, you get both of those skill lines from cash shop

You CAN get those from the cash shop if you want to, but you can also get it for free from other players e.g. guildies.

>yes, you get both of those skill lines from cash shop

tell me you did it, user. tell me you bought them instead of having someone ingame give it to you for free or miniscule fee

>Like mind control of high mobility stuff?

There's tons of stuns, life steals, and leaps.

The main draws I should probably talk about here are the two "Diseases" skill lines.

Both are caught by having a player with the disease come and bite you. These two skill lines are Vampire and Werewolf.

Vampire completely morphs your character to the pale white skinned texture in pic related. You'll gain one of the strongest ults in the game, a "Drain life" spell that's a life steal, and "Mist form." (Which is one of the strongest escape skills in the game)

The trade offs to the Vampire skill line are lower rates of health regeneration and WAY more damage from fire.

You need to balance the trade offs and skills by actually feeding on NPCs.

There's four stages. At stage 1, you won't take any additional damage from Fire and your health will regenerate normally, but your Vampire skills won't do much and they'll cost a lot to use. At stage 4, you take 75% more fire damage and your health regenerated 25% slower, but your Vampire skills can kill and they cost basiclly nothing.

The Werewolf skill line will allow you to transform into a Werewolf. This completely changes your skill bar and only allows you to use the Werewolf skills. You're a walking death machine. Just spamming your "Auto attack" will kill most enemies. For large enemies, you have a really good self-heal and a DoT. You also get a leap and a fear ability.

The downside is it's only for a set amount of time: 20 seconds.

You can reset the timer and stay in Werewolf form by eating the corpses of the enemies that you kill. Each time you feast, the timer resets.

God don't buy werewolf of vampire from the real cash shop. Just join some random big guild and there will guaranteed be someone who will bite you for free.

The cash shop bites are a new thing, the old way was to get bitten by one of the vamp or werewolf spawns at a low % rate of infection. By today it's trivial to get werewolf/vamp because most players infected each other from then on.

Calm down guys. I didn't buy it from the cash shop. Random people sell those for 6k on /zone so why would i? and yeah of course guildies can give it you completely free. I don't have either of those at all.

lmao then why mention cash shop at all when you could have stated otherwise

I missed E3, what got announced? I heard someone say ESO is going F2P.

That sounds pretty interesting actually, thanks.
So how do classes/skill types work? Is it like other ES games where you aren't really a defined class and can just sort of raise whatever skills? I'll take a look at some of the abilities on the wiki because now I'm interested. How necessary is min/maxing or can I just pick all the shitty fun abilities?
Sorry for all the questions but $20 means I'll be eating a lot of rice and dried beans for the week.

Yeah. The classes mostly define the theme of your abilities like nightblade is a stealth/dark magic class and dragonknight has flame abilities. You can tank/dps/heal on any classes. I haven't had issues with min/maxing so you can pick what you want and for group content you'll just need to get the job done.
rice and beans, eh? lucky you. it's mostly porridge for me...

i don't want to pretend that it doesn't exist even when its optional.
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3
its not going f2p

>So how do classes/skill types work?

Each class gets access to three diffrent skill trees. Each class's skill trees fits a diffrent flavor, so you're really just picking your character's "Style."

>Templar
Bright yellow glow shit. Holy spears and shit. You're either a priest or a paladin.

>Dragonknight
Fire, iron, and stone. You'll be flinging chains around the place, shooting fire breath, and conjuring up lava whips. You can also throw rocks at people and make them fall on their ass, and that's funny to see.

>Nightblade
The only class with a stealth skill. Anyone can crouch and go hidden, but nightblades get to actually go invisible.

Your other traits are going to be blades made of blood and shadow, summoning shades to help you fight, and stealing life with vines and thorns.

>Sorcerer
This is the class that gets to summon Daedra. Pretty much the only class with any real conjuration.

Your other skills involve dark crystals and a metric fuck ton of lightning.

Other than that, whatever weapon you use gets its own skills, you get skills from whatever guilds you want to join (All of them, trust me,) and you'll get even more skills from the two PvP skill trees that level as you kill other players in the PvP zone.

Basically, class means nothing. There's hundreds of diffrent skills to choose from, and your class only dictates three of your trees.

Ok, if $20 means you're eating only rice and beans I'd have to say don't buy this game.

Classes give unique skills and passives, which tend to influence builds. Usually you focus on either magicka or stamina for each class. And there's enough skill points to get just about every skill (though it may be tight if you have maxed all 6 crafting professions).

you do realise you can get it without paying either cash in crown store OR gold to some greedy fuck, by just getting bitten by an NPC in the last zone of your faction?

youtube.com/watch?v=hU8CPK2pGW0

Those poor mudcrabs :c

>at night
>not every night
>in certain places
>% chance to infect
>other players either wanting it or just killing them out of spite