/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details
-freeshop 1.2 released github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=11.0.0-33&curid=2761&diff=17474&oldid=17420
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/List-All-Titles/42
emudesc.com/threads/project-x-zone-2-cia-eur-region-free-mega.610151/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not being sky3ds master race

>uses cakes
are you fucking retarded stop posting

>Keep meaning to update mh4u
>Instead, I've still played nothing but conveni dream since I installed it
Fug

Omegay Es?

Every day until it gets dumped
000400000017D100 1699EF74E77878E682B635A8EF21BA39

there's no point in playing 3ds until july 15.

>tfw you have that
>it's ass

I wish you good luck then

If you're not shitting us you could dump it so we can all find out for ourselves

Thanks

Guys how do I use a HANS pack?

I want to play Star Sapphire the 679 build.

The thing I downloaded is the size of the game but I don't know what to do now. There's no .cia just a hans and a 3ds folder.

Should I upgrade my 3DS to 9.2 even though it's on 7?

yes follow the 9.2 update part in the wiki guide

If I want to update the FBI injected on my H&S thing, do I have to go through the obnoxious inject steps from the plailect guide again? Or does the FBI QR code update it in an easier way?

just use the injected fbi to install the new fbi, that way you can just update via qr, leaving the injected one is fine just in case something happens

just install it as a cia

Holy shit

Alright so I managed to figure out that I launch Star Sapphire from hbl and that it should change my romfs and load it but it's not working. It's saying file not found.

What's the difference between arm9loaderhax nocreeninit/screeninit?

one has no screen init

WHAT

I just tried to inject it with an old hs.app thing I had from another 3ds and now I can't boot, it shows a black screen. Did I fuck up?

NEVER GIV EUP

Should've installed the cia bro.

>I had from another 3ds
RIP in rip

yep you need your own hs.app, fbi inject is all the same though i think

Fuck's sake guys, why didn't you warn me about this. Now I have to waste my time injecting an old sysnand.

Nigga, you were told byto JUST install the cia, not my fault you didn't listen.

>i want to update my injected fbi
>just use that to install the cia
>ok i injected it again and now everythings fucked up why didn't you say anything
????

Is something releasing July 15th?

What exactly am I supposed to skip/follow here if I already have emunand from gateway?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

how moddable is wii u game for loadiine?
some of the game have quite simple folder structure, i just want to know how hard would it be to play a japanese version of a game but with the english translation text for example

you could just start from around step 20 of part 2 where it tells you to back up all your things and then installs reNAND

or proceed through part 3 without installing redNAND and treat emuNAND like redNANd since they're basically the same thing.

I would do the former since I like to be sure I'm doing things right from fresh and not getting any files mixed up. The beginning up to the earlier parts of part 2 are just downgrading to 9.2 and then getting menuhax installed for redNAND setup.

Haha I did it. im finally able to run USB Loader on vWii and Loadiine on WiiU.

goodbye anons. its time to play videogames for months

>months
>only about 20 of them combined are even worth playing

More so they're probably all multiplat by now (or were, but moreso) and inferior.

Two examples that come to mind are Okami (in HD on PS3) and Muramasa (on Vita).

Slippery slope.

psssshhhh
were to download GC and Wii isos most of the sites have dead links

No idea

>-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=11.0.0-33&curid=2761&diff=17474&oldid=17420

No downgrades anymore, ever. We need a new ARM9 exploit instead to get the CFW shit going again. Took about two years betwen the 4.5 one and the 9.2 one.

cmon user
pass the link

rip your collection with your wii

THAT place.

Following the guide, just want to make sure I'm not beefing it before I continue; after updating my RedNAND, it's only at 10.7 instead of 11.0. Is this normal or did I fuck something up?

wii section of wiiuiso

Start over

emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gamecube_ISOs/List-All-Titles/42

should be 11.0

what do you mean by THAT place
first place I went to. dead links everywhere
thanks familia, im having a harder time looking for Wii games though

Shit. How do I start over from scratch, just format my SD card? Do I delete my RedNAND somehow?

just reupdate it, if it's still on 10.7 just continue you're going to downgrade anyway

Bumping for an smtiv save file right before the neutral path ending.

All the saves on the net are gateway encrypted saves (.sav)

I need a jksm/savedatafiler compatible save.

Good luck, fuck off.

Going to assume you mean going back into system settings and slapping the update button again. Doesn't work, just says unable to update.

Guess it's not a big loss since I am downgrading anyway, but can I still play online later if I continue on regardless?

you update cfw sysnand at the end of the guide anyway

Is it possible to delete shit like Faceraider and ARGames?

Or hide them at least?

It's called a folder.

MH Generations

What are these numbers? Anything I can do to help dump it?

Is something relevant releasing July 15th?

Out of sight is out of mind.
In a folder isn't.
Unless that folder is out of sight.
Can I hide folders?

That TID isn't even on 3dsdb, what even is it.

they're pretty fun just keep them

Read the fucking GBATemp thread you goddamn retard.

Some shitty bundled bonus game thingie that /hbg/ has been going nuts over but nobody has dumped it so far.

emudesc.com/threads/project-x-zone-2-cia-eur-region-free-mega.610151/

Is this not it tho?

One turns on the screen for a split second while booting, the other does not.
If the creator of an ARM9 program is a piece of shit, it will only work on screen-init.

No that's the main game. The bonus game is what the post you quoted mentions.

Yes it's possible. Do it through FBI. They will return when you update though.

Stick it at the end of your menu.

Although it's probably possible to delete their titles from the NAND completely.

So what is the bonus game called?

wtf

short: ワルキューレの冒険 with シャオムゥ
long:
ワルキューレの冒険 時の鍵伝説
with シャオムゥ

Publisher: バンダイナムコエンターテインメント

Disregard all this, I suck cocks. I realized I'm retarded and forgot to remove tubehax DNS. Thanks for the help anyway, though.

Was the Pliatect Guide changed recently? Because I cannot find the link for the Luma Firmware.bin file anywhere. Am I blind, or was it removed?

step 5

it was moved towards the end

Oh ok, thanks guys

The guide changed the last time I did it, thought I may have skimmed over something

What does 'POC' stand for? I've seen it a few times, but I can't figure it out.

Also, how do I make custom themes? Gotta get a retrowave theme and there seems to be none.

Valkyrie no Boken? Why the fuck would it be called Valkyrie no Boken if the picture in is Project X Zone 2?
Is there no info about what it is?

people of color

>1699EF74E77878E682B635A8EF21BA39
What is this?

proof of concept

Proof of Concept

Private trackers user

kek

Oh, yeah that makes sense. I saw a thread for a DS emulator and a post was asking about 'PoC' and I was confused. Also saw the term in the Homebrew Wiki. Thanks.

Titlekey used to download it from CIAngel.

If you already have the titlekey then what's the problem here?

Can someone spoonfeed a retard, please?

>1.
If I just follow the guide in the pastebin sticky and install loadline, will this allow me to play custom VC injected DS Games? Is this worth doing or is the compatibility shit or something?

>2
Does installing loadline somehow threaten me from being able to use the eShop/online functionality of my Wii U?

nothing is installed, DS games play just fine, loadine doesn't block the eshop but using a DNS like tubehax does and you can't play games online through loadinw

I have no idea, I'm downloading the game now, will try to dump it if it actually downloads.

Okay, thank you.

I will commence the niggery.

Why would you need to dump it anw?
Throw it in a cia maker then install it. See what happens.

For people who don't like downloading really slowly from Nintendo.
Downloading from MEGA or something is way faster.

It just finished downloading, I have a CIA now. Will try installing.

>slow download instant install
>fast download slow install
basically pick your poison

The installation never exceed 1MB/s for me.