/acg/ - Armored Core general

[report emblem] edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/e3_2016_dark_souls_dev_from_softwares_making_three_new_games
youtube.com/watch?v=7EF3f69qNXg
lazygamer.net/gaming-news/software-cant-not-make-new-armored-core/
fanfiction.net/s/9390382/1/Powers-of-the-Galaxy
youtube.com/watch?v=FFCQzNyskFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=51Lm3n5R4ZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

benis

Good OP

I rate it Nine out of Reich

Nein/10

Anyone showing up today for VD around 16:00 EST?

Bump.

bump

I SAID BUMP DAMMIT

pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/e3_2016_dark_souls_dev_from_softwares_making_three_new_games

3 new games.
discuss

Old news. But yes, I'm actually somewhat hype for E3 after not giving a shit for two years.

i knew they were making a new ip but not a reboot or a new rpg.

I'm fairly certain I can make it online.

The game was already mostly dead two years ago.
What does it look like nowadays?

Imagine, how many players have ACTUALLY DIED IRL since then?????

Probably not all that many.
Game could be a lot more fun if instead of hordes of lone wolf players with unac teams we had a bunch of bigger teams, and activity is small, but it's not as terrible as you'd think. You get matches fairly frequently.

>reboot of a old serie

If it is AC please dont change its name.

Finally, it's been awhile since we were off the grid for that long.

The reboot can ONLY be King's Field or AC. Honestly I think it's a 50/50 chance, AC would be the riskier investment by a mile.

>working on a Dark souls but on a "different angle"

That is your Kings field.

Is there any reason to use TE cores on anything but tanks? I want a biped with a TE core but I think that can't happen because of the unfortunate triple defense mechanics.

>a "different angle"

THOSE ABSOLUTE MADMEN, THE DIFFERENT ANGLE IS JUST A TRANSITION FROM THIRD PERSON TO FIRST

>From reboots something obscure like Metal Wolf Chaos, Chromehounds, or Murakumo
As long as it's a mech game, I'm hype.

If it's Murakumo, you shouldn't be hype.

what about a sequel for MWC and with a remake ok the first one.

Imagine an entire game consisting of FA's VOB missions. That's what a Murakumo sequel/reboot would look like.

>tfw I'm the only person in the world who liked this game

Okay, Murakumo wasn't that good but you're really not giving it credit by describing it as consisting solely of FA's VOB missions.

Waste of money desu ne

wouldnt that be like a rail shooter ?

TE cores are pretty much the only decent ore choice for MBPs, with the exception of two CE cores. They also work very well on TE stacked quads. I've also used them before on LRJs and LBPs, but that's a very niche application.

STOP 404'ING YOU COWARDS

Well it does look pretty fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=7EF3f69qNXg
But a Chromehounds reboot would be so rad. Besides, I hope they don't reboot AC, as in please don't make a second AC1. If they just go "oh we're making another timeline" then that's perfectly fine.

New player detected. A tank with a TE core is fucking horrible. Why would you put even more TE on legs that already have 2500+ TE? You should use all other available parts to get to 1600+ KE and 2036+ CE.

bumping

Because I couldn't remember if tank legs were TE or CE defense ya dong, it's been months since I've played.

Crap, I did my time zone math wrong.
I've got a little bit of time right now.

bumo

It's kinda sorta really late over here so no Vagrant Guns today. Sorry

Eh, I don't know. That level looked boring.

bump

Survive

bump

Did anyone get on FA yesterday while the thread was dead? I saw two people that used to be /acg/ regulars actually playing FA, it was kind of surprising.

Yes we got some games.

Bump.

But do you GOT game?

>Obligatory reminder of Tenchu.

Bump.

So I should get the Japanese version to play with the bigger group of people online right?

Bump.

That was boring.

E3 has been a constant barrage of garbage so far.

>Sony conference
>No From

Well at least it was a clean presentation with no bullshit, not too fond about the games tho.

>dat Crash cocktease

Also where's MUH DELTA!!!!

Doubt it, unless they do a complete gameplay overhaul it will remain as mediocre as ever. Plus, it wouldn't be a smart move when Nioh is already filling the gap of gritty, bloody sengoku action.

A bump?

Is that a bayonet on the bottom AC's right hand weapon? What gun is that?

A new Armored Core game is confirmed. What isn't confirmed is whether or not it will be a total reboot (new name/mechanics) or just another new generation/overhaul.

lazygamer.net/gaming-news/software-cant-not-make-new-armored-core/

What isn't confirmed is whether or not the new "reboot" is Armored Core, or if that's going to come after the current 3 projects.

sniper cannon, unfolded.

Well at least it's not ACTUALLY dead

Can sniper cannons be useful outside of quads?

Whenever I see images of ACs these days it's always these big bulky tank like things with huge legs and arms.

Do people not run agile ACs in VD? Never bought VD cause V kinda sucked.

kek the AC in OP is a lower-end midweight. I think if there are ever lightweights in VD, it's for PvP and it's usually recon or has target guns or something like that.

Nina Purpleton did nothing wrong.

Nina Purpleton is a fucking skank.

She's just really autistic. Her past of public toiled for half of the zeek pilots doesn't matter.

Anyone got any good Armored Core Fanfics? Besides "Those who shake the World"?

fanfiction.net/s/9390382/1/Powers-of-the-Galaxy

There are tons of lightweights in VD, and good players use them more than heavies. It's just that the graphical models for V/VD are all super bulky, even if you use a light AC.

Also, if you go light, you trade a ton of defense (5-10x easier to kill!) for only a 20-50% increase in speed, so you have to have a lot of skill to make that speed increase count. So bulky ACs end up being used by a vast majority of players, except for highly competitive ones or skilled players.

This is just them tiptoeing around it. STOP TEASING ME FROM.

I think it's more that the shareholders/publishers/miyazaki have probably agreed to make it, but they have no idea what it's going to be called or what it will look like, so they won't make any promises yet.

That, or they're saving up the big reveal for the actual presentations at E3.

If it's a reboot, what do you guys want it to be like?

Fast paced like AC4 / FA?
ACVD paced?
Kind of clunky like the PS1 games with heat management and fuel?
Something else entirely?

Or would you just be fine with any kind of new mecha game?

I really don't care, I just don't want any gimmicky mechanics impeding how I make my AC like in V/VD.

I forget, does charging laser rifles in VD actually effect their damage?

Make a good game. That's all. It can have the pace of VD with the speed of FA and the clunkiness of AC1. It can require you to hold the controller backwards for all I care. It doesn't even have to be called Armored Core. Just make it good, kind of like Armored Core.

At this point I'm not gonna be needy or nitpicky.

>It can require you to hold the controller backwards for all I care
If that were actually a requirement to play, you would care.

Drastically. Laser rifles lose a lot of damage unless they're fully charged.

I got it for a bit anons, don't worry

For fucking Answer

Bump.

How about I bump you instead?

Well, if you don't need 4 weapons on whatever mech you're using, you can always bring a sniper cannon and purge as soon as you get into actual combat. You won't have insane reload, but your shots will do just as much damage provided you can hit them.

I hope that they don't ditch the interesting weaponry they had in VD (cool weapon arms, murakumo, all the ready-mode stuff they forgot in 4), and expand on them. The defense system can stay or go for all I care, but making part stats other than defense more prevalent would be nice. I also hope they keep tanks viable and don't make them into the noob leg type.
As for the gameplay, please don't make another FA for the sake of online. I liked all the new movement options. Maybe we'll even see more map variety, such as the first plant in the entire series, if they make a new timeline?

Ready-up stuff is still in 4, It's just not advised to use those weapons on an AC with low stability.

>such as the first plant in the entire series
>first "plant"

top kek, someone hasn't played all of the games.

And which game would that be

I'm assuming you mean fauna, since it's the only context in which that word makes sense. You fight in a forest in Silent Line.

There's vegetation in formula front, ninebreaker, AC3, and Silent Line as far as I know. So that's four at least

Yes, I am talking about flora, and I indeed haven't played Silent Line. But I don't remember any vegetation in 3

Fauna flora whatever m8, forgot the word vegetation existed. I remember there being two missions in 3 where you have to either find things or destroy turrets in a bunch of trees.

Reminder that the people who worked on Armored Core were all slowly removed from Fromsoftware, and they all joined up to start their own company to make their own mech game for PC.

It looks kind of weird though.

youtube.com/watch?v=FFCQzNyskFQ

youtube.com/watch?v=51Lm3n5R4ZE

Theres basically nobody left at Fromsoftware that has worked on any Armored Core games except Miyazaki.

Oh.
I wanted to replay AC3 anyway, so now I have another reason to do so.
Well, it would still be the first vegetation in the last 6 games.

Final bump of the night

I feel like most laser blades are pointless in VD

Ackshually, pretty much all Laser Blades are pointless when compared to other melee weaponry. They're by no means bad though, and if you go for maximum length plus range amps the hitbox does become quite ridiculous.

Bump.

I was with that mech design until the stupid legs.

Bump.

And the stupid weaponry. Having a knight theme is fine and all, but make it look fitting.

Bump.

The legs are terrible.

Is the second video somekind of proto-gameplay? because it looks no fun.

basically this, no mechanic that can fuck you when building your AC and a good game, with both singleplayer and multiplayer, just avoid doing so team heavy like VD.

They do about 30% damage/impact with no charge, and reach 100% damage at about 80% charge. Fully charged doesn't do any more damage than about 80% charge. So for maximum efficiency 80% is the "sweet spot" where you can release early but still get full damage.