/vn/ - Before Crime Edition

Visual Novel General #1111

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of English-translated visual novels only. If you'd like to discuss untranslated visual novels, go to the general in /jp/.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vnrw.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/game-life-is-strange/
vndb.org/v18176
aselia.everlasting-corp.co.jp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like lolis.

>>This general is for the discussion of English-translated visual novels only. If you'd like to discuss untranslated visual novels, go to the general in /jp/.
EOP cancer.

If subahibi doesn't come out this year I'm ending it

If Subahibi doesn't come out as lesbian, I'm bending it.

Subahibi never

SUBAHIBI BETRAYAL NEVER FORGET

I will personally skin Romeo in front of you one day moogy, you can be sure of that.

reminder to NEVER trust Conjueror vnrw.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/game-life-is-strange/

the human embodiment of shit taste and mental retardation (he also gave Persona 3 and 4 a perfect score)

How much are they even getting paid? Like 10 grand?

Are you crazy? Probably like 500 bucks.

wow you're like super buttmad someone likes something you don't lol

I am declaring /vn/ a no-shitposting zone. Everyone please return calm and have civil discussion about visual novels, thank you!

God. I really wish this had h scenes. I liked the art.

Don't worry guys, I'll translate it into spic so you can ask Carlos to read it to you.

Is that really the worth of these VNs? Less than 10 grand? Wow this market sucks major cock l m a o

More like if you contact a company as some random no-name foreign amateurs that they have never heard of, and go "here's a fully translated script!" out of the blue, you can't expect to be paid what they would real professionals if they had contracted it themselves. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the amount was some very small token bit and they took it anyway due to the ego boost of your translation being "official" now, and anyway a few hundred bucks is still more than zero.

16th for Saber.

haha epic meme friend +1

Thank (You).

So /vn/ what's the BEST visual novel?

Ikikoi.

Ikikoi.

Ikikoi.

Anything written by Nasu tbqh

Ikikoi.

Except Fate. Yeah

Or KnK. Or Vanilla Extra.

Love y'all never change

Moogy drone detected.

A cat is fine too.

>There are people in this thread right now that don't play Tsukihime because it looks "ugly"

What's Moogy?

A bed wetter that wears a fedora. Nevermind.

Where were you when Nasu made remake all ages, effectively killing Len the SUCCUBUS

What did they mean by this?

I didn't play it because fate was fucking god awful

>I didn't play it because I read the authors shittiest work and decided everything else is bad

You can't "play" visual novels you fucking idiots

Well, Len was only mentioned in Tsukihime so even if it wasn't all ages we wouldn't have gotten her anyway.

Which is a fucking shame.

You mean KT? Arc still mentions her in Tsuki, she's the one who gives you the lewd dream. You just never see her until KT.

vndb.org/v18176

I'm confused. Is this the Eternity Sword 3 they were announcing or something else? But why no 3 in title? And why no english and chinese version at release? Wasn't it supposed to get them just like Nekopara does?

>Dan brown is actually a great writer guys you just haven't read his good novels

Yeah, nah

Yes I can.

This you only can fap visual novel.

Yes user, that's literally what I said.
>she was only mentioned in Tsukihime

I've been up for over 24 hours and my retard brain read something else, whoops.

>all ages
y tho

This is also surprising.

Man, why you gotta ground the dog?

What a shame there weren't any Uya H scenes. Truly wasted potential.

>why no english and chinese version at release? Wasn't it supposed to get them just like Nekopara does?
Said who?

So what's this deal about Ryukishi07 not being able to write because some guy died or whatever?

>all ages
Who will buy this shit?

That's just the excuse his fanboys came up with for his shit writing.

Takase. He's talking about overseas fans quite often recently. And it's site has language options.

aselia.everlasting-corp.co.jp/

He was one of the people that died in the gay club shooting in the US.

That guy was helping him and was his closest friend.

>gays
>people

nice meme

I miss Len posting

Aren't VNs making shitton of money with all ages versions recently?

Lewd cats sold like crazy on Steam.

And Aselia/Seinarukana sex scenes were pretty unnecessary really.

cats sold crazy because it's a meme and people kept streaming that shit on twitch

>Lewd cats sold like crazy on Steam.
Mostly due to faux weebs and streamers """"playing"""" (for epic lulz xDD wow anime is so weird guys!!) it and, by extension, selling it to their fans.

It's a literal meme game.

It's still over 200k sales for a "game" with few hours of "gameplay". And 100k more with vol2.

let's make a VN

What's the verdict on Sunrider? Did the new DLC fix most of the probelms with Libday?

more like 100k lost sales given how short it is, numbers will probably drop even further

That's still 300k sales for a game made by a chinese immigrant girl.

It was okay. I only wish it had a Maray route.

I found the combat segments got really fucking tedious after a while, by the time I was at the end I just set it to VN mode because I honestly had no more patience left for that shit.

That's h artists for you. They know what your pee pee likes.

Hi, /vn/

I tried out some of your recommendations and I loved playing through Euphoria, Starless and Discipline. Is there anything else of a similar vein?

Not much more "good" nukige left that are translated, honestly. Bible Black, I guess.

>euphoria
>starless
>discipline

Seeing as how you're looking for more meme games why not try your hand at ikikoi or dividead

>meme games
rude

>Bible Black
I'm not hugely into futa.

Beginning now, is the exceptional story of two weeks or so.

>Seeing as how you're looking for more meme games why not try your hand at ikikoi or dividead
I thought you were being rude, but now that I've looked at those games, I'm happy with you. Those at least look like fun suggestions. Thanks!

Wait, if Seinarukana sequel is going to be all ages does that mean we are free from a generic self insert male lead?

What if Euphoria or Myuugi's fragment are the MC this time?

Imagine Nasu writing Ikikoi

>if Seinarukana sequel is going to be all ages does that mean we are free from a generic self insert male lead
What are you, retarded? The only thing stopping a male lead from being self-insert is having a personality of his own.

Nasu is the kind of guy that should be in charge of making the setting, not actually writing the plot.

I'd rather not imagine him writing any stories anymore.

It would receive 30 additional hours of padding, and would be completely anti-fun.

So she isn't pure? Into the trash she goes.

>I'd rather not imagine him writing any stories anymore.
That's how I feel about Okada.

He was his ghost writer.

Nasu is the George Lucas of visual novels.

>I'd rather not imagine him writing any stories anymore.
That's how I feel about Shimokura.

Self insert does not equal 0 personality.

To be fair he never made something as shit as prequels.

>Self insert does not equal 0 personality.
It literally does. That's the whole point of self-insert characters. They're entirely driven by the plot.

Or you know.....for the fact that it's probably the cutest thing on steam.

lol

lol

Kill yourself.

Quality post. Just what I'd expect from this board.

Both Kiznaiver and Mayoiga succ

>I'm so salty that I wrote 'kill yourself' because I was so butt-flustered.
>Defending the joke that is Okada's writing.