/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 13th:
1373 – Anglo-Portuguese Alliance between England (succeeded by the United Kingdom) and Portugal is the oldest alliance in the world which is still in force.
1805 – Lewis and Clark Expedition: scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
1886 – King Ludwig II of Bavaria is found dead in Lake Starnberg south of Munich at 11:30 PM.
1917 – World War I: The deadliest German air raid on London during World War I is carried out by Gotha G bombers and results in 162 deaths, including 46 children, and 432 injuries.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gott_erhalte_Franz_den_Kaiser,_vocal_and_instrumental.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=PvQUesVmZvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7DljgSrTbNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

pls buy

New dlc for ck2 when

Arumba

Reminder to shitpost and ignore reporting.

Reminder to buy DLC or Johan will kill himself.

xth for Sonderkraftfahrzeug spam

Do you have a crush on that dude?

Reminder that Stellaris was more successful than HoI 4

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

>No tank destroyers

Straight into the fucking bin

How long do I need to push before they fall? One would think they collapsed after all their most important cities had fell

HPP update when?

It does have TD's you sperg

reminder that normies bought in to another 4x game

What the fuck is a tank destroyer? Sounds like a name an edgy kid came with

How is the actual strategy side of HoI4? Can I still shuffle my front around and do pockets and shit or will I lose too much effectiveness if I don't draw arrows?

You haven't even taken Baku lmao

>actual strategy side
The fuck you talking about

There are TD, SP ART and SP AA in the game, m8.

>sorry mein führer we dont have enough wehrmachtmana to make new divisions

You can play without arrows. Depending on situation that can give you advantage. The battle plans take a while to prepare, and during that time the enemy is entrenching or reinforcing his lines.

>34 width
>that shitty layout
LAD

>mfw I completly ignored those squares icons on the right

Who here listening to dank wikipedia trax?

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gott_erhalte_Franz_den_Kaiser,_vocal_and_instrumental.ogg

>5x5 max size
Is that even still a division? 25 brigades is more than a corps

will be gifting the Turkish State the lands of Syria, Iraq and Jordon and exiling those people to Arabia

Palastine and Lebanon will be going to me as a Christian colony

are you really this stupid?

It's a vehicle that destroys tanks

Moscow, Leningard and Stalingard for 100% capitulation

>I use cheat mods
>Because the game is too hard for me

Reminder

Negatives

> Total lack of flavor events and decisions
> Shallow supply mechanics
> Horrible graphics that are also hardware intensive
> Naval invasion/paratrooper mechanics are clash of clans tier
> No portrait diversity
> Defensive theory/units are OP
> AI is horrible with the exception of naval invasions,
> Can't target specific provinces in aerial raids/bombardments
> No province names, this plus the shitty graphics makes the world seem tiny and lifeless
> Lack of Ledgers and Map modes
> Peace conference system while a very good idea has been poorly implemented
> Border gore that rivals EU III due to the AI being able to march anywhere on the map with no repercussions and the shitty Peace conference system
> Peace is impossible to obtain due to you having to force every nation you're at war with to capitulate
> Battlefront AI is horrible at combat
> You lose massive bonuses for not using plans and manually commanding your troops
> Every nation in the game starts out with the same level of tech
> No liquor factories

Positives
> Revamped, easy to use, meaningful production system
> Much improved tech tree
> Improved nuke/rocket mechanics
> Clear concise UI despite the shitty graphics
> Manpower mechanics are significantly improved
> Aerial superiority now makes a fairly large difference in land battles
> Battlefront AI is fairly useful, removing a lot of tedious micro management

>tfw the Soviet Union just won't surrender
I thought they'd capitulate as soon as they lost Leningrad and Moscow.

>he hasn't taken Baku

>Fuehrer mana makes the game better

Seems Stalin has given up all hope on the western front

got all those

Still better than "Jagdpanzer".

Jesus, he was handsome

I had to take the entirety of the Kazakh SSR before the SU capitulated. The current national unity mechanics are shit.

stand-a asida with-a your lullaby

youtube.com/watch?v=PvQUesVmZvQ

Game has no Bitter Peace decision.
>Crosseyed

They wouldn't have done it IRL so I don't know why you're complaining about historical accuracy

>no mortars
so do you just just roleplay that they're included in "infantry equipment" or "support equipment", like bazookas?

>You will never have a WW2 game with pops that models both the holocaust and generalplan ost if you win with germany

;_;

I'm trying god dammit, but it's a weird ass front

Can someone do a "no resources" mod plis? game too hard :/

Harpsichord has the most pleasing texture.

>push straight along the ridge of the fucking Caucaus mountains

hello enver

How do you redraw front lines when you have units occupying the province not offensive lines. I have a one province bulge that I'm wasting 6 units to occupy with. I want to move the frontline back one province there. It's the small bulge at the very south.

> Shallow supply mechanics
Have you seen supply map mode? It's the same HoI3 mechanics only it works on state level and fixes exploits like "surround the capital to starve the army".
> Naval invasion/paratrooper mechanics are clash of clans tier
It's better than HOI3's point-n-click.
> No province names, this plus the shitty graphics makes the world seem tiny and lifeless
Why would you like all these province names? You can't do anything with provinces.
> Peace is impossible to obtain due to you having to force every nation you're at war with to capitulate
Not true, you only have to beat major powers, i.e. you don't have to land in NZ to beat Allies.
> You lose massive bonuses for not using plans and manually commanding your troops
No, you just don't press the "exucute" button and keep the bonus.
> Every nation in the game starts out with the same level of tech
Not true, but the difference is minor, yes.

>you need manpower mana to build division

what is that even, irl they just recruited actual people, I cheat infinite manpower into the game

They are included there. Don't remember which one, but machineguns and anti tank weapons are also included in one of em.

>he thinks you can blend fallback lines into frontlines
You might want to try a good game, lad.

Jesus fuck, shut the fuck up about Russia not surrendering. The soul fucking purpose of Russia's Eastward expansion throughout its entire history was to give them more land to retreat to. Because Russia is literally one giant field it's almost totally indefensible. They strategically founded and built cites in the east, north of Kazakhstan and in Siberia, genocided and relocated entire ethnic groups of people, and built industrial infrastructure specifically to do what they are doing to you now. Russia didn't just mindlessly expand, notice how all of their borders stop at some sort of natural ( defensible ) barrier, whether it be a mountain, desert, or river. SERIOUSLY IM SO FUCKING SICK OF " HURR HURR WHY DON THEM IVAN SURRENDER, I GOT MUSCOW HURR HURR ". Seriously, go fucking die.

They are obviously support weapons

5 regiments with 5 battalions each.
a fully decked out division seems to have similar numbers in terms of manpower to a real division iirc? about 15-20k men. I dunno about equipment however.
sadly a full division is retarded and you are better off with 10/20/40 width divisions.

You can delete your battle plan completely and keep the bonus for a while. It decays slowly.

where is the /gsg/ mod guy?

>exploits like "surround the capital to starve the army"

Nice, saved this in my autism bin for later.

>people actually think capturing Moscow would make Russians surrender

>Because Russia is literally one giant field it's almost totally indefensible
>the current year
>still not understanding russian defense

youtube.com/watch?v=7DljgSrTbNE

>Have you seen supply map mode? It's the same HoI3 mechanics only it works on state level and fixes exploits like "surround the capital to starve the army".

Except that there are no supply stacks anywhere. You can literally drive 5000 tanks from Paris to Stalingrad without EVER having to think about them running out of fuel

so is anyone making a good event mod?
Like an annex alsace lorraine, or annex poznan/danzig etc. bitter peace. setting up occupation zones in russia.
I tried doing it myself but i can't be fucked working it out having to restart the game every fucking time.

>try playing without historical focus, maybe AI wont be so railroaded
>I am communist France, my friend communist Spain
>make 4th International to spread the fire of revolution
>stage coup on German border to pierce their defenses
>Germany declares war on everyone around, including me while fighting soviets
>just steamroll their empty border and almost capture them
>my coup spawns GDR in Austria
>gets immediately captured after 3 hours for some reason
>replaces Austrian cores, Austria only has claims now
>after German capitulation it spawns again
>doesn't want to join my faction
>joins Comintern

You can starve out the capital IRL, but army supplies don't have a magical need to route through only one city.

remember that time the Germans tried a mechanized offensive in mud season?

I tried a fallback line but it immediately sent more units to occupy the bulge. This is annoying that I can't abandon territory

Lads, allow me to present to you: the epitome of Russian strategy

>all these PNG uploads
Are we being swarmed by the new generation of GS players?

>those comments
holy shit fucking slavaboos.

Of course, my bad. This is completely believable.

Is there anyway to make the British Raj change their ideology to yours as non democratic UK? Or grant them independence so you can annex them later?

I was referring to HoI3 mechanics where the only source of supplies was the capital. In hoi4 provinces with victory points generate supplies too.

ahhhh, good times

This is why putting armor and mot/mech on the Eastern Front is literally retarded. Infantry, fighters and CAS, plus a core armored army for micro-ing encirclements.

Wrong image

Can anybody mod liquor factories into HOI IV? Like make it necessary equipment for infantry.

Why are you flashing your android phone back to stock?

Dude, try playing the soviet union, it's fucking hilarious. My favorite part was having an army-size (24 division) tank force that literally just beelined across countries while my 250 divisions of frontlined infantry filled in behind it.

Playing as Chile in HOI3.

Holy fuck, what can I even do besides absolutely nothing.

what did Chile did in real life

They haven't capitulated because they control too many VPs in Manchuria and China, lad. Check the war screen and capitulation meter if you don't believe me.

user, all this talk about bulges is making me hot

Or you could just look at the weather and drive around the mud

>what did Chile did

here's what you can do (hint: it sucks)

Set a fallback, assign however many troops you want to it, then remove that bulge from the frontline (frontline tool, right click and drag the handle)

Fucking kek, bad luck man. They have half of the VP points in China. Non cored VP points shouldn't count towards capitulation.

I don't know about Chile, but I played as Brazil once
>align myself to Germany
>join the Axis in 37
>attack Bolivia
>Monroe doctrine kicks in, USA joins
>Germany and USA now at war in 37

why

share your best generals

>drive around the mud

Rundstedt, stop shitposting and go back to afterlife

Is this the comfiest country of the entire game?

You have to reassign the units you want to occupy the line. I do the same thing as Italy with the Albanian front against Yugoslavia.

Also
>not just micro-ing your entire army and playing at 3-speed

> putting armor and mot/mech on the Eastern Front is literally retarded because of mud and snow
> putting armor and mot/mech in Spain, Italy, Alps, Central Asia, Scandinavia and Balkans is literally retarded because of mountains
> putting armor and mot/mech in Middle East and Northern Africa is literally retarded because of deserts
> putting armor and mot/mech in Central Africa and South Asia is literally retarded because of jungles
> putting armor and mot/mech on French Border is literally retarded because of Maginot Line
> putting armor and mot/mech in Siberia and China is literally retarded because of forests

>no historical general portraits
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>putting armor and mot/mech in Siberia and China is literally retarded because of forests
Are you French, perhaps?

>Belgian and Dutch troops anywhere but Belgium and Netherlands
>Belgium and Netherlands not getting BTFO within a month of war
EVERY FUCKING TIME

not yet