>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > 75.98.36.106:27015

arkservers.net/server/75.98.36.106:27015

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dha-P6U6lxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for cannibalism is the best way to survive

What ever happened to him?

So how's that base building coming along?

Got a 9-5 job spreading the word of God around the ark

>you will never have a 9-5 job with burds
Fucking sad

Whatever happened to Suzu

>tfw you'll never fuck a Plant X

Suffering

Hows everything going haven't been on since the attack on us

Doing well mostly just a ton of buildup and retame from what we lost

Savage

Tameable sneks when?

WE MATING NOW BOYS!

Whacha matin' son?

TYRANNOSAURUS SEX!

>we want the scalie audience

Sounds good to me

This worth playing? Is it time demanding manageable? I don't want it to be the only game I play.

Like, can I play solo or do I need to be a normie and make friends otherwise I'll get all my shit fucked up?

You don't need to be a normie to join a tribe.

Join ours and be a degenerate

But I hate people and want to be left alone my life. I don't make friends. I don't pursue people. I have 1 guy on the internet I talk to and a few random assholes in real life I'm not that fond of, and that's it.

Great! We hate people too.

No but seriously, if you want to solo but also not grind too much you'd want to pick a higher rates server, because on normal rates you'll be playing 24/7 if you want to survive

Eh, I'm getting the vibe this game is aimed at making bonds with other players to overcome hardships kind of shit, and if you don't have buddies and just want to dick around and shit then it's not for you. The sort of "everyone laugh and get beat up togheter!" kind of thing.
I get the feeling if you p-lay by yourself people are going to nonstop try to fuck your shit up.
Maybe I should just quit games. being an edgelord faggot is suffering.

I done solo on a few servers before

It's doable but you need to lay low. Be a ghost on the server

Hide in the woods, don't build in the open or in popular areas, have multiple small bases so if one is hit you can move to a back up

Or be a wandering sea man and live on a boat, always moving

>Or be a wandering sea man and live on a boat, always moving
Sounds alright. I'm going to guess I could get my boat blown up too or something though? This really sounds like one of those games where they want to encourage friends and communities and try to get you to join them by getting your shit shoved in.

Well if you don't plan to fuck with others there is always PvE servers.

There are ways to protect the boat to like building walls around it and putting auto turrets on top

Triton confirmed not actually dead

dodo RAPE

Meh, I think I just had a different impression of this game. The more I hear about and look at it the less fun I see it being and the more sad I get that another game with dinosaurs isn't good, at least not for me. It's starting to seem tedious and about "the hardships of life". I don't get why anyone would want shit to be such a pain and yet find it fun.
I miss when video games weren't connected to the internet and it wasn't about making bros and overcoming shit together and you could just be allowed to ignore reality and dick around. Never giving a fuck. Now it's almost the other way around it feels.

then play a singleplayer game family, christ.

Just 2 bros giving each other a hand no homo
On a 5x server losing things really only means you lost like 5 minutes of work its really no big deal.

B-but dinosaurs!
I'll probably give it a go later. I'm just not a people person and people don't like me, so it's putting me off.

ayo mikeez
dont be that way

ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

Boatman's stand [I'm on A Boat].

What?

If you're not mikeez you put on a good mikeez impression

I know how you feel user, it's hard to ignore the call of sexy dinos

way to be weird with your cult of namefagging

youtube.com/watch?v=dha-P6U6lxY

intense m1 action

AQUADAN IS NOW

A MONTH OF CALAMITY FOR THE NON SWIMMERS

TRITON ACKBAR

>BEING A BURDMOM
MY LIFE HAS MEANING NOW

I don't know who that is.
I don't into youtube celebs.

Finally!

Time to mate with strangers and have their babies.

Fucking slut.

>tfw breeding absolutely disgusts me

I want to be the pack baby factory.

Why?

It's just disgusting.

Come on daddy, let's raise a baby together.

Eww. I'd rather lose it than use it.

Mmm don't be so tsundere daddy.

Mad man

As we stare into the eyes of death, we realise we're a clusterfuck of a group

Taming a Rex

You can build rafts on pterosaurs?

It is. There's not many dino games that are enjoyable. Orion Project is okay, and I have Dino D-Day, but I've been put off because it needs keyboard and mouse and my set up doesn't give me any room to play games with that.

/arkg/ is back?

Do we have Allosaurs yet or can I stay away for a while?

Soon tm

It's a quetz and it's not a raft either, a platform saddle would be what it is, very useful

So if I started playing how would I get a boat? And how do you build walls around a boat to protect? That doesn't make sense to me.

See you guys next time the general gets revived.

the boat is merely a square of land that moves around. you can build foundations on it along with shit like beds and crafting tables.

Bump. Page 10 precariousness!

Last bump of the night for me

Almost all I know is from this thread and a few youtube videos. I'm not normally into these games, but fuck it I guess I'll give it a try.
I need more dinos in my life. I miss being 12.

you really should only play this game if you have a lot of spare time. it requires a lot of grinding, and taming dinos is a giant timesink.

Someone said there's servers for some of that.
I don't have much else to do anyway. I'm sure I've had worse.

Not on the server we are playing on. Everything is 5x. You can get a lot done even if you're only on for 30min-1hour

Yeah its not a timesink on the serfver we are playing on

So long ago, Suzu where art thou :^(

here he is

Honestly don't buy it, at the very least wait until actual release. The game can be fun but often isn't and the devs have not shown any commitment to fixing the extremely basic things that make it not fun.

If you can get it for less than ten bucks go for it, but as is they have a long way to go before it deserves money.

How bad can it be? I'm very sure I've had worse.

A thousand hours of m1. At 15 fps.

This post woluld have made sense a year ago.

The game is very fun, it just sounds like you have never played a increased rates server
And now im sure of it
Dont listen to this faggot user, he's living in the past. Thats why so many people are playing it again, because so much shit was fixed and got added to it.

I'll probably just go play it privately or something if I do. I'm not a very fun person.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Yeah I did notice reviews and attention dropped for a while, but seemed to pick up again recently.

decreasing the grind just lets you experience all the content faster, it doesn't make the all the shitty parts of the game any better though. Combat is still incredibly shallow, trying to build things is down-right infuriating, breeding is barebones as fuck and is pretty much just diceroll you have to spend 8 hours rolling.

>Combat is still incredibly shallow,
So Skyrim?
>trying to build things is down-right infuriating
I suck at legos. I don't know how cars work.
>breeding is barebones as fuck and is pretty much just diceroll you have to spend 8 hours
My dinos will be pure.

Post pics of Suzu's box

Tell me how often you press a button that is not m1 or e. Movement doesn't count.

The game can be fun, but it relies entirely on the players to make it fun.

I F T O C X M2
Off the top of my head, those are the other buttons I use regularly.

You're right though, the game can be grindy as hell and repetitive...but the keys you use are the same as any other game.

What other games do you play?

It's just mechanically simple and they haven't done much to make it deeper. Especially if our new friend doesn't like building I don't see what the game offers a solo player. If he wants to join the tribe he might have some fun with higher rates or on extinction but it's not any clearer the game will fix its deeper problems by release. The dev "vision" and "fun" aren't always on the same side.

Take for example mount and blade combat. More interesting than pressing one button repeatedly. Look at any non Korean MMO, grind is required for big projects but minimal grind is required if you just want to shoot some dinos. Look at monster hunter where an AI on rails still manages to do more than run at you or away from you. Look at ftd or even space engineers where a fully dynamic building system still avoids misplacing structures when your finger twitches, and you aren't charged half price to re-place the part.

This game is trying to do a lot, and I give them credit for that. The problem is they haven't made enough of it fun. When was the last time you enjoyed taming, and didn't just tolerate it because at high rates it's less of a chore. There also committed to making newer tames increasingly hard to get resources for, even if it's random shit like a gallimimus or beaver.

Fun enough to be the fifth most played game on steam
Most of them games if you decide to hivemind and only focus on the bad and not take the time to analyze end up being the same shit of "m1"

You're both right. Game is grindy as fuck but can be fun too. That's it.

That's the thing, without a tribe there just isn't enough good to justify the bad. Unless you absolutely love simplistic grinding for hundreds of hours you won't have fun alone. Even with a tribe there are many situations where your whole tribe won't be having fun. Fortunately they allow modding so you can make the game more fun but that's player effort, not developer effort, to fix the game.

So if you don't have a group of friends who are committed to the game, and you don't want to join the happy autism of Oceania, which can be fun when we're not grinding stones for some autism fort, wait and see where the game goes at release. A year ago I would have said the opposite, but it's a year later and the core problems with the gameplay haven't changed. My faith in the developers has been lost after multiple shitty holiday events and tournaments and their dedication to grind.

So I don't think the developers deserve more money unless you're in a group so you can have fun. Even in a group if you get stuck doing peon work you're going to get bored fast. 5x helps quite a bit with that, as long as the server is alive.

I'm just trying to keep this off page ten.

You're doing god's work son.

What's your favourite dino /arkg/?

Protip: Argentavis is literally the best, to say otherwise is to be a dirty amphibious lizardman shill.

Praise Burd.

Dire Bear is the best

The fun is in the progression. People don't care if it's just tolerating it.

The flaw in all your arguments is that you forget people crave progression more than anything else.

Can your Dire Sluts FLY?

Yea, but once progression stalls you realize how much fun you aren't having. We got there once, and I'm glad we're at the point where we can have fun advancing once more after our other attempts to make Ark great again failed, but I haven't forgotten what it was like at the top.

Good point, but I think things will be a bit less stale on a non-official server.

Sarco or Dunkleo

Someday I'll catch me a dunkle. Someday.