Alicesoft/Rance General

Alicesoft/Rance General #510
Last thread: Incestuous Alma Never Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/7viAdNxH
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=654
Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4 - 24th June 2016
pinkpineapple.co.jp/rance01/dvd04.html

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Recent Releases

29th Jan 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1927285

29th Jan 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Ep 3 (JAP)
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1926624

Released Last Two Years (See FAQ for downloads and info)

October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)
June 2015 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 2 (JAP/ENG)
April 2015 - Evenicle (JAP)
January 2015 - Mamatoto (ENG)
December 2014 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 1 (JAP/ENG)
October 2014 - Blade Briders (JAP)
September 2014 - Kichikuou Rance (ENG)
April 2014 - Rance IX (JAP)

On permanent hiatus unless localised by Mangagamer. Late 2016 at the earliest for the next Alicesoft game after Haruka.

Rance 5D - 100% translated,100% edited. Never to be released

Rance VI - 88.4% translated.

Rance Quest - 64% translated.

Other urls found in this thread:

alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Mamanyonyo
a.pomf.cat/lncdrz.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's only Kuu for me

>No Alma
Why

Yellow Lia too good for this world.

Also doesn't have a H-scene (or at least only one, if I remembered correctly).

No Satella in the OP. I'm disgusted.

Is that for the last thread?

The one before last, since I was busy recently. This one is the last thread.

>Satella kill Kayblis
The strongest.

Satella games when?

I wonder, realistically, if you have no plans of learning Jap, how long do you guys expect it to take before you'll be able to go through all of Rance?

Until I magically wake up with plans of learning moon.

Forever, do you really think they'll release a translated 5D? Otherwise you have at least a 5+ wait

At least the reign of the next Demon King

With Mangagamers release gap as to not over saturate you'll get 1 game per year at best. Now count with me

5D
VI
VII (I wonder if they'd actually re-translate this)
Quest/Magnum
IX
X

Do you want to learn Japanese yet?

Yes. Even more. 9 years is too much.

5D and VII most likely won't be done but even then 7 years is too long, Hell by then they might even remake 5D and VI.

Oh fucking god. The Cafe sequence actually made me feel bad. I thought i was playing an eroge. Wtf is this?

Right guys, I'm in the mood. I'm gonna try a totally absurd run of SR.

5 Star.
No bonuses.
Only allowed generics and units which either are, or will become unfireable (for all practical purposes, in this run I think that's only Rance, Suzume, Isoroku and Kentarou).
Only allowed to defeat houses by vassaling.
Isoroku Route (the only other option is True).
Aside from hacking, ANY cheap tactics are allowed, although I'm not sure if I'll savescum or not and chances are that I'll speedhack.

Pic related, it's gonna be fun to try to vassal Hara with just Rance.

Ah... one immediate problem. Rance only has 1 Neg, it'd take 10 turns to declare war on Hara.

Just to check, the people from the 'force a student to become a commander' event are generic, right?

Won't the declare war on you before that anyway?

>Won't the declare war on you before that anyway?
I don't think so, if memory serves, Hara only goes to war with you if Ashikaga does and for my own safety, I'm keeping them paid off.

Now THAT is what I call a generic.

I can't fucking believe it, I've actually managed to vassal Hara. Thank Rance Attack and that fucking awesome generic.

Ashikaga now. I've got no choice but to capture Isoroku without Defeated Warrior Hunt or Light Attack. Fun times ahead, this run is gonna do wonders for my progress report... it'll even be nice to be able to attack enemies through my vassals so that they can't attack me back on my land.

What the fuck?

So, guys. What's up with my dungeon stuff? I've got loads of generics, but it's not letting me switch them all in (pic related is just to show what's wrong, it's only letting me use like 4 or 5 of them).

>What the fuck?
Problem, user?

I... I just found out that there is a region in france called Val de Rance, following river Rance. And it produces a great booze. I happened on a bottle of Val de Rance apple cider, and by jove, I felt I had to come back here and shitpost about it.

Er, that aside, what's the deal with Mamanyonyo? Is it an actual game out there somewhere, and not just a mistranslation of one of the others?

>Problem, user?
Statement of disbelief user

>The Cafe sequence
?

Probably the most hardcore SR run ever.

>Probably the most hardcore SR run ever.
Nah, I could make it more hardcore, and the Chinese world record points runs are totally fucking insane if only I could get them translated.

It's an actual game:
alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Mamanyonyo

The entire series of events of Cafe in KR.

So, I've got no fucking clue what was up with that dungeon, to beat it I had to have one unit in the front and one in the back and constantly switch out the front for it to cycle my troops between Rance and a generic.

Anyway, it's done now. I got pic related AND A FUCKING ACTION TEXTBOOK! No fucking clue who to give it to.

Guys... this is creeping me out. My luck this run is being fucking outstanding. Have I tripped the RNG by recruiting so many students or something?

Maybe the game is being nice because it thinks you're retarded for firing the entire starting line up but Rance?

I might be able to believe that, I just assassinated this guy and capped him.

Pic unrelated - winning only because of Hara reinforcements.

Save it, who knows what generic you will get at some point.

Shit guys, am I cheating? I'm not sure if Kubota and Hira can really be counted as generics. They're two of the guys you fight in the first ever battle.

Fuck... yeah, I'm gonna count that as cheating. Back to square one.

I wouldn't call them generics if they are named units

All units have names

Right guys. Back to square two? Hara isn't actually too bad, this early on your can pretty easily win with just Rance, Suzume and a good Foot, so at worst you just have to wait for them to not reclaim their land (or use Covert Action)

>All units have names
He probably means fixed names, although technically even that would still be wrong...

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK? They might as well have fucking ball tied Isoroku for me.

At this point, I must ask whether you are high or drunk.

>Level 45/45
Damn son

>At this point, I must ask whether you are high or drunk.
A little thirsty, and a fapped earlier. Otherwise, totally sane.

Yeah I'm convinced SR is purposely giving you units like that at this point

I fucking love this guy. That's Isoroku captured, is it crazy that I've now got some faith in this run?

I'm speechless.

Nah i'm a different user
Thats one high levelled generic

Wasn't this supposed to be hard?

So, good news and bad news.

The good? Vassaled the fish.
The bad? Takeda's gourd popped.

Castle advantage.

....FUCK

Ok guys, look. I had no fucking choice, right?

I sware, I thought it was impossible for Iga to declare war before the Tenshi Sect.

Oh hey, good news - I triggered a glitch that I forgot about. If you vassal any of the Uesugi, Akashi or Ashikaga houses, after the second gourd has broke but before the Tenshi Sect has declared war, the gourd of that house (or houses, there's no harm in vassaling all three) will break at the end of the turn in which you vassaled them, but the event where the gourd is given to Xavier will never happen, meaning that the events leading up to Kou's kidnapping will be delayed.

So, long story short? I've not lost anything by Takeda's gourd breaking. Ashikaga's gourd was never delivered to Xavier.

>Ashikaga's gourd was never delivered to Xavier.
So what? His special forces lost the gourd and have to spend the next x number of turns looking for it?

Given that the game tells you that the gourd's broke,I like to think of it more ironically. They broke the gourd before it was delivered, so they replaced it with a fake and hoped that he wouldn't notice.

From last thread, here's that horse scene.

I knew i wasn't retarded. Thank you user.

I'm really starting to feel how much my units suck now.

I've got no choice. I'm turning to the dark arts. I'm gonna need Permits to continue here, so I'm just gonna sit on my ass and SAT farm until I've got them.

P10

He died, RIP.

Better get farm the shit out of SAT now my furendo

ugh. my brain broke.

>Better get farm the shit out of SAT now my furendo
Working on it. To be honest, I'm going at a pretty casual pace, even doing dungeons just for the fucking sake of it.

I'm gonna call it a night here. Pic related is the current situation, long story short. My defence is just about unbreakable (I saw no other choice, my units not only suck, but they're not even of a good type), but I've got no clue how I'm gonna do anything offensive. If I wasn't an idiot with my Prison earlier in the game, I'd have a Ninja Permit now, but otherwise I've yet to cap any of the other unit types for Permits.

It just looks like I'm gonna have to take down the Demon Army with an offensive force consisting of nothing but Permits, Isoroku, Rance, Suzume and Kenatrou... that mightn't actually be too tough, considering that I've only got to get as far as Senkan Nagato for the Isoroku route. Maybe I'll farm Takeda for some Tebaski or something...

Doesn't the permits get revoked after sometime that you're at war with the Demon Army?

p. 10

ded

This was the deadest that i've seen it recently.

it's normal.
previous thread was unusually lively.

I thought you weren't supposed to be fast on Monday Veeky Forums

I'm a NEET so it feels strange to me. I barely keep track of weekdays.

I'm off to sleep.

noo p 10 10 1

Someone bump for the next 6 hours

Dead thread dead dreams.

well there is a sex scene but it's not really her[/spoiler

best thing about the game though.

I slept a lot longer than normal

In case anyone missed it there is a second preview video for the ova
a.pomf.cat/lncdrz.mp4

No. The game is probably compensating for you losing so many units

Why are Patty and Yulang in the ova?

Over here in Australia there is a footballer called Rance who once played against a footballer from another team called Patton.

>lia great
>lia great /h/
>love shizuka
>maris fucked
>maris fucked fap
>satella games
>kanami popular
>haruka translated
>evenicle untranslated
>mangagagmer becoming demons

>maris games
>shizuka great
>helman best
>ova need kanami
>satella kill kayblis
>kay-chan insta-killed
>magnum translated
>suzume die

I haven't been to this thread in a while. Has there been any news about Rance X since its initial announcement?

No. Just TADA apologising that he hasn't been able to do so because the game is taking up to much time

Shit, I hope he doesn't overwork himself. If he dies while making this game it would be a tragedy.

Though I guess that would be a fitting death for him all things considered. He dies doing what he loves.

nearly p. 10. Now sleep for me

We should start getting some news later in the year