How do you react when your friends get successful...

How do you react when your friends get successful? My friend recently became a multimillionaire success and it pissed me off because he didnt deserve it.

Don't get jealous. It's not like someone becoming a multimillionare prevents you from doing so as well.

The only thing that really irritates me is how quick trust fund kids are to blitz Facebook/Instagram with vacations you know they didn't pay for. It sometimes feels a hair tasteless.

Nobody deserves wealth faggot. If you make a million dollars then you're a millionaire. No morals about it.

This. Everyone I know that got rich, was due luck+normie, like shitty videos on youtube going viral.

No one 'deserves' anything. Everything is random. Increase your odds of being success and you might get lucky. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't

Still all random luck. Be the bigger person and don't be a douche. Opportunity is opportunity, and now you know a millionaire.

Don't be stupid. Increase your odds.

I wish any of my friends were doing better than just struggling to survive.

I'm really the only one that's doing ok

It used to make me sad. Then i realised what he has or does has no effect on my life. Just be happy for them and work harder as they achieved something you strive for.

Honestly this doesn't bug me that much unless they're in your face about it. I've known rich kids who will literally pull the "my dad makes more money than your dad" type shit and that just seems petty as fuck to me. If your rich parents want to pay for you to go on cool vacations I don't care. My parents would probably do the same for me if they had that kind of money.

Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it

I don't have any friends.

I've never had friends get rich.

I got rich once though. It was a lonely thing since it drew a boundary between me and my friends and family. A lot of people think having a lot of money is a sin, so I got some resentment for that. Also I have experiences they can't imagine now. And since those experiences take up much of my time, we have very little to talk about assuming they don't care to hear at length why my supply costs are up this year or why I decided to hire 4 new people this quarter.

We also don't really do stuff together as much any more because I've turned into a terrible snob and find a lot of stuff they do distasteful. Why go out and eat greasy pizza and shitty beer when we can have lobster bisque and a nice steak? I don't even mind buying, but they mind me buying. They get tired of me always taking them out for expensive stuff- they don't realize I don't do it for their sake, I just hate cheap pizza and beer.

I don't know. Money makes you into something different. The people that might understand are ones that also have money.

no friends = no problems

is your friend max landis? if so youre right that guy is a talentless faggot

Hello my fellow middle class Veeky Forumsreali.

you're experiencing the reason why class divides exist. naiive leftists believe that if everyone had the same level of wealth that we'd all get along and society would be harmonious, but there is a large divide between those with taste and those without.

It's a lose-lose in that respect.
Most people are unable to realize both that money isn't a solution to every problem (that is, you still have to do most of the tedious shit they do), and that it creates a whole new set of problems/issues/responsibilities that don't affect them at all.

>it creates a whole new set of problems/issues/responsibilities that don't affect them at all.
and that's really it.
they don't want to hear about it and they wouldn't understand it if they did.

while I on the flip side am quite proud of what I do and like to talk about it. I usually just suck it up and pretend I'm poor around them. Don't talk about money at all and when they want to go do something I suggest we go somewhere I know they can afford and then pretend it's all I can afford too. It's funny when they offer to buy though.

Once i had good cashflow family members got pissed at me and started some lowkey leech attempts. I think its mostly because of them always telling me that im never gonna make "easy" money from home and i kinda porved them worng and now everything got fucking weird. Maybe im just autistic because i rarly meet people i can enjoy hanging out with.

Dont appear jealous because you essentially look weak. Be rightfully happy for them as they are your friends.

>Friend constantly talks about how much overtime he works at a factory and how much money he makes from it
>Constantly asks how much people get paid
>Says he really doesn't care about money

Yeah it's just your crippling insecurities you care about

What are you doing that they "wouldn't understand"?

I'm genuinely curious. Unless your friends are idiots, I can't imagine what you'd be doing (as a rich person) that they couldn't understand (as poor people).

How'd you do it?

I'm always curious and up front about money, salaries, etc. The only reason it's taboo in this society is because business leaders don't want their teams knowing how underpaid they are.

Assuming you didn't abandon the thread, what'd your friend do?

just weird stuff nobody else does.
Like if they ask what I did at work and the answer is I took a purchasing agent and his family out to a ball game and then blew $300 wining and dining them afterwards before we shook hands on a contract that will make me half a million dollars over the next three years.

they'd undoubtedly comprehend that sort of thing, but they wouldn't approve and they sure wouldn't relate.

Even something simple like "hey, I broke two million in sales this year!" falls flat. It's a meaningless number. Or, "I took my kids out of public school because I'm worried they'll be kidnapped." Or, "I hired 20 people this month." Or, "I laid off 20 people this month." Or I got sued or caught my manager embezzling or destroyed another competitor's small business ruining his livelihood and making his kids go hungry.

not stuff normal people do, and some of it's not stuff they can sympathize with.

>$300 wining and dinning
>$2,000,000 in sales
These aren't exactly impressive numbers user, and you sound pretty conceited. Going to assume this is retail? Why the fuck are you swinging your staffing numbers by +-20 people monthly with 2 million in revenue? And "blowing" $300 wining and dining? Really? I mean congrats if you built this from the ground up, I'm sure it wasn't easy, but if you can't relate to people it's probably not because you're running this business.

>but if you can't relate to people it's probably not because you're running this business.
This, honestly.

You aren't ultrawealthy, my friend. You're just autistic.

>These aren't exactly impressive numbers user, and you sound pretty conceited.
exactly.

I make more money in a year than any of my family members will make in their lives, but it's not impressive and I come off as conceited.

when's the last time you made $200k per month?

it doesn't translate. Most people have never done this and never will. But they sure as fuck resent you for being proud of doing it and make little comparisons to bill gates or others that make far more.

I'm easily in the top 1% of earners in the US. I don't personally know anyone who makes more that I do. I do know a guy that owns more than me but he's a fucking rock star.

>Going to assume this is retail?
retail is for suckers.

I run profit margins around 60% and I own the company outright.

>destroyed another competitor's small business

Sounds like a good enter to me. Give that man a promotion

Not trying to be rude, dude. Maybe you should get over yourself just a tiny bit. Just a little. Understand that one seventh of all people on earth are starving right now. Understand that they have to live on less than $2 a day. Understand that every single dollar you spend on steak, it could have been spent on medicine to save someone's son or daughter. If you saw a child drowning in a lake right in front of you, would you rush in and save him? Would it even cross your mind that your clothes may get wet, or is the child's life so important that you don't care about yourself as much? If there is someone starving in front of you, then there is no moral justification for buying shiny expensive things. I'm sure the food they would revive is worth more than the small dopamine rush you get from wasting large amounts of cash. Just think, if you lived your life differently you could have had so much impact and maybe your friends wouldn't think you're a greedy loser.

Either that or try having out with people just as pretentious as yourself.

ragie wagies btfo

Not him, but personally i think those people earning less than 2$/day should be nuked ASAP.

Human garbage. It's not their fault, of course. But mankind would be better off without them and the overall suffering would be reduced.

>nuking the bottom layer of your own pyramid scheme

>implying we make money off Africans

china cant get enough of this stuff.

cuck cope

The good news is neither of you are wealthy and in all likelihood, never will be. Have fun playing with all that edge though ',:-)

It is all about playing the long game - you should at least pretend to be happy if a friend or acquaintance becomes succesful, because they become part of your network. Maybe down the track they will hook you up with a job or connection. Embrace it.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Also your reaction shows that you're in high school.

the cope is strong in this one

ur right . who would get online and pretend to be rich !?!

well maybe the steak you buy is coming from a place where people are getting paid less than $2 a day. If you didn't buy that steak maybe those people will now only be making less than $1 a day.

It's people like you that think things are unfair because you are in a shit situation brought to you by your shit choices.

The waiters that served the steak and lobster will probably spend their money with their buddys drinking beer eating pizza. And the people serving that will be doing the same. It's the circle of life. The trickle down effect from the people that do shit in life to the people that DON'T do shit in life.

google survivor bias.

it hurts to watch you be so ignorant.

Let's see Bateman's card.

>trickle down economics
Considering that every time the government enacts trickle down policies we have an economic collapse, and considering the wealth of the bottom 99.99% of the world is decreasing (relative to global wealth distribution) while the top 0.01% is increasing, that argument doesn't hold water.

But just for argument sake let's say that you're right, and cash flows down. Let's say every day 100 people die. Let's say when you spend $100 on a steak a fraction of that money trickles down and only 98 people die. But, let's say instead you buy a $5 burrito and put $95 to the developing world. A much, much greater fraction reaches the people in need and only 91 people die in this scenario. So you have a choice, kill 98 people or kill 91 people. Both are shitty options. But if you where put in a room with two levers and you had pull one, which option would you choose? What would be your moral justification for deciding to kill 98 people instead of 91?

Reductio Ad Absurdum.
You could make your argument (successfully) until everyone's standard of living is shit.
It does not take in to account the fact that perhaps there are too many people already to assure a comfortable standard for all.

I'm curious what makes you say that.

The only way to create wealth is to increase productivity. The only way to be a more productive nation is to 1) increase the population 2) increase the jobs in the population 3) increase the the amount people earn from jobs. More people means more people working towards the collective goals of humanity. We're going to need EVERYONE's help for this one, everyone's talents and skills to progress society as far as possible.

1. profit trickles up, not down.
2. companies invest money first (hire workers, invest in buildings and factories) then after all this is done, they hope to make a profit in a couple years.

>when's the last time you made $200k per month
>I run profit margins around 60% and I own the company outright.

200k profit/mo makes you a $4MM/year biz @ 60margin. 60 margin you would have to be creating a thing that costs nothing and selling at a premium. You are also selling contracts as a B2B so you must have near zero competition for your amazing creation.

I think your austisic and your numbers are crazy. if you are doing 2MM/year annually it makes you a neighborhood superstar, it makes you a nobody in your city or state though.

>I'm easily in the top 1% of earners in the US.

If you are really making 1.4MM year that is true. Why would you bother mentioning $300 for a biz expense?

>Why would you bother mentioning $300 for a biz expense?
Because
1. nobody among my friends and family has ever plopped down $300 on dinner for themselves or anyone else.
2. it's a number the average person can understand.
3. my family sees entertaining purchasing agents as a kickback or a bribe, so it's an example of the sort of thing I regularly do but they don't understand.

also $200k is my gross sometimes, not my profit ever. My biz grosses a couple million a year in a good year. $200k per month is actually a lie for impact though. In reality I tend to make $1 million in a single month by accrual and then another million plus another month. Usually January and October since that's the start of the fiscal year for my clients.

k

>No one 'deserves' anything. Everything is random.

I basically came here to say this to faggot NEET bitter OP who can't even work out who his 'friends' are.

Maybe he doesn't live within viewing distance of starving people.

Correct, I do not.

I'm not really bothered by user's complaints though, I haven't been for ages. The money I waste is relatively small, it wouldn't do anything significant to alleviate world hunger. Also the user is a hypocrite since he apparently has internet access and a phone he could cancel and send money to starving children in India if he cared.

Everything we do in the West is pretty disgusting when you frame it like he does, but he's not exempt and unfortunately that's just the way of the world I was born into. I used to be pretty bothered by things like the US wasting over half of its food, or the billions of dollars we spend feeding dogs and cats while kids are starving elsewhere. But I alone can't do much. I help my own community by employing people and giving cash to schools and charities. Like most businesses, most of my advertising budget goes to community projects just to show my clients and the community that I give back.

it is what it is. The user is probably correct but I don't sit down to surf and turf and think of starving people on the other side of the globe. The restaurants are full of people just like me.

also of course on the rare occasions I meet someone who's legit hungry I'll buy them food.

I think most people would.

Dude fuck this mentality. We are all part of the human race. We all have choices to make from the beginning of our existence on this earth. Understanding the fact that environmental factors as well as what color your skin/who your family is/where u live/who your company is, there are always those who choose to take action rather then get actions taken against them. Let the man who has earned his steak eat his goddamn steak. I don't owe a motherfucker a dime.