/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Siege info edtiion.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/fcmVyuQ0

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Caribbean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for /v/reddit go

i'm gay

>E3 Siege videos:
ONE JOB

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

reminder to report and ignore shitposters

HIS EAR IS CLIPPING THROUGH THE HELMET
I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS HYPE FOR THIS
FUCKING DROPPED

clipfags are worse than spearfags who are worse than furfags

are you blind

xth for murder holes, siege equipment choices, destructible walls and the AI retreating to a more defensible position when the enemy has broken through.

GET
FUCKING
HYPE

post la horas though fám

/mbg/
I have a rather important request for the followers of the Mount & Blade General.
My question must get a response. For I don't know how long I will be able to walk on the mortal plane.

I have searched far and wide and could not get the answers I was looking for.
So I come here.
The black corner of the internet, the so called internet hate machine, the website with many vile names I dare not the write with invisible ink.

Mount & Blade General,
can you answer the question withconfidence, and know that I will very much cherish or despise the answer I will get.

If you can live with the burdens of my request, then I am deeply honoured, for so I was raised by my caretakers.

Alas my time is almost over, so let us be quick.
My request is to know the whereabouts of the Dark Souls Armour Module
I was told that no such place may exists and I am willing to use any alternative methods if it remains the the realm of possible requests.

As such my request come to an end and I will be waiting for a response in the near future, for my sanity is depending on it.

I realised too late so your bullying is justified.

>You will never siege an enemy castle with your pure, steppe waifu

Why even live?

I never liked this meme

>E3 Siege videos:
>No gap between the actual siege videos and the old bannerlord videos making it look like all 5 are E3 siege videos

For fuck's sake OP it isn't that hard to get this shit right. A single newline would have sufficed.

Stop avatarfagging

I was gonna ask how got to his screen where it shows achievements right next to hours played but I didn't care enough to type, search for, or post but I see now that you faggots have already gone above and beyond with how imperfect you are.

>ywn never siege an enemy castle and rape their pure steppe waifus

who cares about achievements though

I'm sorry but my request wasn't a meme, nor was it intended as one.
It's just that after watching the E3 Siege video my interest in Mount & Blade: Warband has returned and I wonderd if there was more information about the Dark Souls Armour Module.
Alas I take this as a no.

it's on the recently played list mang

Certainly not me but it's about consigning yourself to the STANDARD SET BY THE OP!

>sturgians are not slavs
>they are le ebin vikings with le axes xDxD
ONE JOB

they're sort of both

sturgians sound like stygians so therefore they are austrian

I'll post it again.

hownew.ru

>more sitting on the fence from le ginger western slave

Hopefully the claimants won't be so shitty this time around.

no they're very clearly "le vikings", look at their clothing, it's white and red striped, with typical viking-age equipment, round shields, etc. .

how is that sitting on the fence, they're literally nordic slavs

If they still have Warband style claimants, they're bound to be shitty. If they weren't shitty, they wouldn't be impotently begging some random nobody for help to take the throne.

so Varangians?
it really doesn't provide much, he just says
>well they're not either haha they're like, both xd
he knows less than we do nigga

Well, so long as none of them are as shitty as the Rhodok claimant.

varangians are literally just norsemen mercenaries, nothing to do with slavs.

but varangians lived as slavs

Varangians aren't solely Norsemen, they could be slavs or anglos or scandies too

Kievan Rus were sorta like that

if they're both then they're both, not hard to understand lad

from the concept art they look like kievan rus or some shit though

>G-Graveth saved us from raiders and took control instead of letting me bribe the council for it, it should be more on the throne!

Has anybody ever been enough of a cuck to champion his cause?

varangians came from all over western europe
they sound like swedes (both norse and rus)

who do you think fugging established the Kievan Rus? Varangians raiding and trading along the great Russian rivers who set up Garths which developed into those principalities

the first Varangians were Rus

reminder to join the steamgroup

>varangians came from all over western europe
what the fuck are you talking about dude? the varangian guard, a mercenary group, was formed by the byzantine emperor, and consisted solely of norsemen because the emperor needed an elite retinue of troops to fight important battles which he didn't trust his own troops. it has nothing to do with slavs or western europe

>implying erdogan will allow the game to have an accurate ethnic representation of rus

>consisted solely of norsemen
no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard
>Composed primarily of Norsemen and Rus for the first 100 years, the Guard began to see increased inclusion of Anglo-Saxons after the Norman conquest of England. By the time of the Emperor Alexios Komnenos in the late 11th century, the Varangian Guard was largely recruited from Anglo-Saxons and "others who had suffered at the hands of the Vikings and their cousins the Normans".

>anani sikerim, i want good turk in game
>b-but s-sultan erdogan, there are no turks in c-calra
>siktir git lan, put turk in game
>o-okay

Only the Nord claimant is good. Swadian claimant is a close second.

>Ragnar thinks I'm a weak little bitch-boy? Let's see if he still thinks that when I kick his god damn ass in battle.

Why it should have?
It's not historical game. It's only inspired by it.

and here comes to Pan-Slavist to chime in with his bullshit

>what the fuck are you talking about dude? the varangian guard, a mercenary group, was formed by the byzantine emperor, and consisted solely of norsemen because the emperor needed an elite retinue of troops to fight important battles which he didn't trust his own troops. it has nothing to do with slavs or western europe
incorrect, Varangians were called Varangians and the guard the Varangian Guard because the name for the mercenaries BEFORE its formation in 988 comes from Old proto-germanic words for loyalty and fidelity, Varangians were people who accompanied trading caravans along the great Russian rivers
they were first employed when they reached the Black Sea in the 9th century

the Guard consisted of all sorts of people throughout its existence, from Anglos fleeing Angloland after 1066 to Crusaders short on money returning from the Holy Land
it wasn't solely Norse, but it was when it was first created when it consisted of only 6000 Norsemen brought by St.Vladimir to defeat his brother Jaropolk
when they caused trouble he traded them for the sister of Basil II who formed them into the Guard after they proved themselves smashing rebellions for him

last bit of autism for

also saying a faction is "varangians" is like having a "viking" or "pirate" faction

Who cares about all this history you fucking nerds, we just watched catapults cause wall destruction in Bonerlord.

>no you see, some other people became part of it later
>that invalidates your point of norsemen being at the core of the foundation of the varangian guard, and norsemen being the people primarily associated with the varangian guard
autism

can't wait for the mod that makes the game Medieval Engineers

>varangians are literally just norsemen
>consisted solely of norsemen
this is what you said and what people are disagreeing with

actually I was wrong hereaccording to Michael Psellos and the Russian Primary Chronicle the Guard consisted of the 6000 norsemen
>and allies
so Slavs were obviously in the Guard in its genesis

>primarily means solely
you're a retard

okay, let me rephrase myself then:

Norsemen were the first people to make up the Varangian guard. The Varangian guard has always had norsemen at its core. The Varangian Guard is primarily associated with Norsemen. The fact that "some other people came to be part of it at some point later in history" does not invalidate any one of those points in any way shape or form.

Is your autism sated, or are you going to continue arguing that "The Varangian Guard has nothing to do with norsemen"?

Kill yourself.

1866 remastered fucking when

the faction isn't going to be based off a mercenary group either way

After you friend.

I wasn't the one making such a retarded argument, that would be the people I'm arguing against.

YEEEEEES
FUCKING YES

then why would anyone bring up varangians in the first place
aside from a minor faction or a mercenary/unique unit it's a dumb point

Every online argument ever: the post.

>volley of arrows
>they bounce off the stone walls
such a tiny feature that feels so good

>The Varangian Guard is primarily associated with Norsemen.
by the general layman and peasant maybe, because muh Haraldr Hardrada was in it
seehere's the quote from Psellos' Chronographia on the formation of the Guard

>He [Basil] had these men trained in a separate corps, COMBINED WITH THEM ANOTHER MERCENARY FORCE, divided the companies, and sent them out to fight the rebels.

that's 6:11 user

how long until?

>tfw no shota mod
I dont want to fight I just want to be a cute merchant surrounded by loyal mercenaries

Htiman is supposed to start now, then battletech and KF2

>6:11
>NPC completely blocks door
wew

Do you fags think /v/ is bad?
Wait till loverslab gets a hold of this

oh wow, he deleted his post because he is 1 second off. how autistic are you

Smoke effects and falling ragdolls run at a different framerate than the rest of the game so they look really wonky

lel

How do you measure autism?

That's 6:11 / 7:21, user.

Aw shit, I better make my shower quick.

tfw that castle you just nigged from the khergits had 9k denars of unclaimed tax racked up

With a number between 0 and 10 where 0 is no autism and 10 is gsanders.

I would say healthy 5.

>making fun of gsanders
do you WANT him to cause another mass shooting?

Newfag here.
Who is gsanders?

>reading forums and not just downloading mods
wew lad

BANNERLORD IS ON

HAPPENING

>new battletech coming out
>new killing floor
>bannerlord
>necropolis
>elite dangerous revamp

q3-4 2016- q1 2017 will be a great time for gaming

GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I kid, he's the coder for a popular mod that recently got updated and he constantly goes on major autistic rants in response to any suggestions or feedback for the mod. Can't stop letting people know that his life is shit (fired and wife left with his daughter) and he does all this FOR FREE and instead of the gratitude he's owed he gets feedback about bugs and questions about whether certain features could be included.

BANNERLORD RIGHT NOW
twitch tv/ pcgamer

>Those sounds in the siege video as the guy gets hit