Is 100K/year salary pretty much average these days?

Is 100K/year salary pretty much average these days?

(US metropolitan cities)

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20060929090451/http://pubdb3.census.gov/macro/032006/perinc/new02_001.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in a major city, yes.

median wage in the US is $26k, I sincerely doubt the average in urban areas is 4x higher.

In SF, it's above average, but not abhorrently so. I'd say 78-82k is average for an actual carrer job

that is double the median household income of the US, the moat highly paid nation on the planet

you would have known this once you turned 18

comfortable for a single living in nyc

Where the fuck did you get that information? The median wage in the US is 51,900 or so, and has been for a while.

For a household.

LOL nigga you should open for Bill Burr

yo I was thinking, how da fuck do locations such as sanfran employ wageslaves?

Like how the fuck can the middle aged burger king drive-thru guy afford to live anywhere near there?

god you're so fucking dumb

no one bats an eye at a two hour commute and lives with three other people is how

fuck up idiot, what a stupid reply

you're telling me thousands of working class ppl commute 1-2 hrs to sanfran? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE IDIOT

it's true you fucking retard
i don't know anyone who has less than a 1 hour commute

Oakland

They have a $15 minimum wage you retard. Unlike the rest of the uncivilized nation.

8$/ hr is still more in my backwater than 15$/ hr is in San Francisco.

There is nothing progressive about it.

It might be average in particular neighborhoods or subsets of US metropolitan cities but it isn't the average of any US city today.

>$8 is more than $15

The overall median personal income for all individuals over the age of 18 was $24,062

web.archive.org/web/20060929090451/http://pubdb3.census.gov/macro/032006/perinc/new02_001.htm

Why would anyone subject themselves to such a life?

>what is cost of living

It's not about cost of living, it's about how much you earn you fucking retard.

most childish sentence i've read all week

I... What?

Do you not know that most metro centers work like this?

How do you not understand that if somewhere is like 10 blocks solid of offices the people have to live elsewhere.

>What is a suburb

Also, SanFran literally has some of the shittiest driving conditions because of the MILLIONS of people driving every day.

Where the fuck do you think they're driving from?

you're shitting me dog

why the fuck do people stay? that's a fucking death sentence in my mind... why not move to whoyming or some shit

The "living wage" in San Francisco, CA is $13.96 for one adult. The "living wage" in Hall County, TX is about $9. So if you're earning $8 in Hall County with promotion potential I'd say you're doing much better than a worker in SanFran whose wages are capped. It's much easier for an employer to rise from $8 to $10 than $15 to $17.

2/10

Employers in San Francisco actually care about their employees. It's not about how much you can buy with your money, it's about how much your employer values you. If you are paid $8 an hour then your employer is ultimately a cheap piece of shit.

No idea.

I moved to a small town because commute is better and small business owners are way better to work for than companies.

Was working for a multi-billion dollar industry, couldn't get a raise, couldn't progress, got shit hours. Working for a guy who only owns two restaurants, two raises in a year, cash in hand every week on top of wages, and he's paying for all my upgrading so I'm worth more every year. It's the fucking shit.

And I can sleep at night without hearing sirens.

why are you typing like that
please stop

>hurr durr the weather
>hurr durr the city is fun and interesting my life is fulfilling
>hurr durr im an actual faggot and must live among other homos