/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

AWAY AWAY >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ17Wuu7rVt7ytbFGwAHZSzq2kZKqRlfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>E3
>teaser trailer of BB2
>or new DLC

FROOOOOM

when they would announce it if they would

when is Sony's turn

BB2 would be shit and it would retroactively ruin BB1
If they make a new DLC I'm gonna cream my pants though

Uh I'm stuck on Cleric Beast..

Can I get help please? I beat Father G without dying but this guy.

Doesn't matter, I need more of BB, be it in any form of game or stuff, I'd preorder it immediately anyway

Cleric beast is optional and dead ends. You can just ignore him for now.

But I need the Hunter Chief Emblem

>Sony Conference is mid way through
>New trailer is being shown without much introduction
>Somber violin melody starts playing
>"Welcome back, Good Hunter"
>It's a new expansion
>Pricetag $40
>Twice the size of TOH
>Includes a new chalice
>Takes place in Valtr's homeland or in the "east" where the Chikage and Rakuyo come from

HOW MANY HOURS I CANT INTO TIMEZONES

>Hunter Chief Emblem
You can just open the gate from the other side for free.

A little over 4.

>not in Cainhurst

We've already been there user. There's not a lot to it. I don't want to time travel, but I guess a Cainhurst Nightmare might be fun. Hunter's Nightmare as an echo of Yharnam and the burning of Old Yharnam was neat. I'd be okay with a similar theme except focusing on the Vileblood Purges.

4 hours from now.

This has been a terrible E3 so far. Very bland.

Other user, how? I never knew this

>it's now 1AM
>have to go to work at 7AM

I guess sleep is for the weak

At least it's not when I'm at work

It doesn't have to be Cainhurst castle.
A nightmare that shows the whole story of the place would be the best, especially if there's a part that represents Pthumeru.

This for the user asking how to record any recent gameplay you want on ps4, in case you didn't see it in the other thread.

BSB beat anybody? Pass will be bbg as always

>finally finding out if Logarius was the King of Cainhurst and if the Executioners were based there
>learning more about the decline of the Pthumeru
>More ARC and BLT weapons
Yeah. Sounds good.

Last thread's wordcloud

Are you asble to do these from the very first BB threads that were made during the release days?

Go through the door that opens in the Cathedral Ward after you beat BSB. The down via the rafters.

I could try if you give me a link to one of these threads.

Cain was the king of Cainhurst, the castle was named after him

I'm sure they're done with Bloodborne, but if we're talking hypothetical expansions I'd kill to go to the fucking moon and it's like Hellstar Remina meets R'lyeh

>Cain was the king of Cainhurst
You have no evidence of that. He was probably one of the FIRST Kings, but they've been around for a really long time. I'm pretty sure Logarius was part of the Cainhurst nobility. The Executioner's Gloves wording is really suspicious.

l would like a DLC that takes place in the past in byrgenwerth with extended zones, honestly, l felt the place was too short given the importance it has on the story

>I'm pretty sure Logarius was part of the Cainhurst nobility

VAAAAAATI

not bully user, but that's a dumb statement/spoilet]

Lecture hall was going to be part of Bugertown. Wished they had done that.

>but that's a dumb statement
No u

>Knew how to use the Crown of Illusions to obscure Annalise and her throne
>Can use blood magic like Maria/Queen Yharnam
>"One of the secret treasures hidden in Cainhurst. The gloves of an executioner from a faraway land. Passed from executioner father to executioner son, these gloves can be used to summon wrathful spirits of the past by smearing them with blood. It is said that the nobles found immeasurable delight in the dances of these vengeful specters."
The gloves were used as a plaything by the Nobles. That's really telling.

It makes perfect sense that the King would lead a violent purge against his countrymen if they became degenerates. Why is he a Martyr if he didn't die? Why didn't he smash Annalise into pulp the way Alfred did? Remember, Alfred considered the completion of this task to be the completion of a task that Logarius couldn't/wouldn't do.

>His sword is similar to the Kriss daggers wielded by Pthumerians.
>His Scythe even appears to be the same aterial as the Pthumerian Elder's Staff
>He even dresses and looks like the Descendant or the Elder

>And so Logarius donned the crown of his own volition, determined to prevent a single soul from stumbling upon the vile secret

Why would he want to imprison his iwn queen?
Why would he lead a band of coneheads to raid his own castle?
why would he be called a martyr for aacrificng himself to kill his own people?
Why would Executioners admire him?
What does blood magic have to do with wrathful spirit magic (which is what powers the wheel and Logarius Scythe)?

>Why would he want to imprison his own queen?
She was tyring to emulate Queen Yharnam and that didn't work out well for the Pthumerians. Also she was sending knights out to slaughter people for dregs. It was bad
>Why would he lead a band of coneheads to raid his own castle?
Because of the above
>why would he be called a martyr for aacrificng himself to kill his own people?
See above
>Why would Executioners admire him?
See above
>What does blood magic have to do with wrathful spirit magic (which is what powers the wheel and Logarius Scythe)?
The wheels' magic is drawn from being soaked in the blood of Vilebloods. That's where the blood magic is coming from. Queen Yharnam displays some similar blood magic abilities in phase 1 with her big explosion attack. Any sort of blood manipulation/magic is a strong sign of Cainhurst/Pthumeru

>Knew how to use the Crown of Illusions to obscure Annalise and her throne

You didn't even know how to use it but all you needed to was to out it on ti reveal Annalise.
Also, he doesn't use blood magic, he uses the same magic the wheel has, that comes from MURDERING VILEBLOODS.

itt:retarded lore theories

>You didn't even know how to use it
We revealed it. He hid it. The throne room doesn't disappear when you take the crown off again.
>he uses the same magic the wheel has
The wheel's magic is based in the blood it's covered with you dink. Beofre the purges it was just a big blunt smashing tool with some spinning abilities.

>Oh no, my people are killing other people, better kill them.

That's the point. His magic is the same magic as the wheel's (angey spooky vileblood ghosts that got purged). Why would he purge his own people? Because they were purging other people? Lmao

Never mind the fact that there is over 20 items deacriptions that you're chiosingbto ignore for your tinfoil hat theory.

>"As the great Logarius once said, "Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good."
It wasn't wise to do the good thing and wreck his whole Castle and slaughter his subjects. It wasn't foolish of Annalise to try and gain power or bear a Child of Blood.
>Why would he purge his own people? Because they were purging other people?
Yes. His famous quote supports that exactly.

>Never mind the fact that there is over 20 items deacriptions that you're chiosingbto ignore for your tinfoil hat theory.
I've read literally of them. Not a sinlge one contradicts my theory

Let me repeat it all for you

>Controls the crown of illusions
>Was unwilling to actually kill Annalise but was still deemed a "Martyr" for his actions
>Wields a Pthumerian staff and dagger
>Controls blood magic
>Dresses like the descendant and or elder
>Executioner's Glove was a toy to the nobles and a treasure of the castle
>Shares his theme with Queen Yharnam

HOW COULD THE GLOVES BE A LONG TIME TREASURE OF THE CASTLE IF THE EXECUTIONERS WERE BASED ELSEWHERE? HOW ELSE COULD HE BE CONSIDERED A MARYTR OTHER THAN THROUGH SELF SACRIFICE? HE SACRIFICED HIS SUBJECTS AND HIS KINGDOM TO STOP ANNALISE.

>Was unwilling to actually kill Annalise
Because she's immortal.

>Unwilling to kill Annalise
He wasn't unwilling, you dolt, he was unable. She's fucking immortal. Did you forget that?

>Controls the crown of illusions

So can you

>Was unwilling to actually kill Annalise but was still deemed a "Martyr" for his actions

user, you can't kill Annalise, no one can.

>Wields a Pthumerian staff and dagger
Unless there's a description that says that's a othumerian weapon your making up shit

>Controls blood magic
So do executioners.

>Dresses like the descendant and or elder
And wet nurse looks like Eileen. Your point?

>Executioner's Glove was a toy to the nobles and a treasure of the castle
Yeah, because watching the ghosts of your sworn enemies get mad is fun, specially when they have been purging your people for years

>Shares his theme with Queen Yharnam
Lol what

>HOW COULD THE GLOVES BE A LONG TIME TREASURE OF THE CASTLE IF THE EXECUTIONERS WERE BASED ELSEWHERE?
Because the Executioners have been enemies of the vilebloods and had attecked them before?

>HOW ELSE COULD HE BE CONSIDERED A MARYTR OTHER THAN THROUGH SELF SACRIFICE? HE SACRIFICED HIS SUBJECTS AND HIS KINGDOM TO STOP ANNALISE.
If Logarius is a martyr for killing his own people then Lord Farquad is also a martyr.

>HOW COULD THE GLOVES BE A LONG TIME TREASURE OF THE CASTLE IF THE EXECUTIONERS WERE BASED ELSEWHERE? HOW ELSE COULD HE BE CONSIDERED A MARYTR OTHER THAN THROUGH SELF SACRIFICE? HE SACRIFICED HIS SUBJECTS AND HIS KINGDOM TO STOP ANNALISE.

user, i think you should look up the meaning of "Martyr" and "self-sacrifice.

>killing your own people to stop your queen from killing other people is self-sacrifice
>being considered a martyr for killing your own peaople for your own beliefs

Wew

>Yharnam is visible from Cainhurst

This makes it feel so weird that they were mortal enemies
And even weirder that Cainhurst is inaccessible without summons
You'd think Alfred could've just built a boat to cross the water without needing magic horses to cross the broken bridge

Logarius let himself die and turn into an undead watchdog to prevent anyone from getting close to her and to prevent her from getting out. It was literally the only way to stop the vile bloods, considering she is literally immortal.

>because of the above
>see above
>see above

Are you aware your whole point is "my headcannon is right because my other headcannon confirms it?"

>JUST

Read the thread buddy. I'm saying his point that Logarius was a vileblood and that he is considered a martyr for killing his own people is stupid.

Why is it always JUST

Sony conference in 3 hours right?

>he is
No, you're just stupid.

More like Brendanborne general

>Logarius is now a woman

SOME GET VAATI ON THE LINE

>Martyrdom
>the suffering of death on account of adherence to a cause and especially to one's religious faith
He was already known as a Martyr before we meet him or kill him. I've provided a pretty coherent explanation. He's a martyr through self sacrifice for the greater good.

That's not headcanon, that's just fucking logic. We know that Queen Annalise was copycatting Yharnam through use of Blood Dregs obtained by murdering Hunters. The current King could easily have been opposed to this.

Here's another question for you to wrestle with: Why did Logarius continue to wear the crown? Surely if he hated Cainhurst and wanted to destroy them, he wouldn't sit on a throne with their crown on his head. Why didn't he kill Annalise? Alfred considered the murder of Annalise to be his master's final objective. What stopped him? He loved her. She was his Queen. He spared her after the last Vileblood was killed and stood guard to stop her from ever siring more.

>As the great Logarius once said, "Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good."

Because if his reanimated corpse wears the crown and attacks anyone that gets close then they can't use the crown to free her.

You literally cannot kill the Queen. Alfred Mashes her into paste, and she is still alive.

what does /bbg/ think of Aegon of Astora's bloodborne lore videos?youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ17Wuu7rVt7ytbFGwAHZSzq2kZKqRlfw

>Why didn't he kill Annalise?
SHE'S FUCKING IMMORTAL

Bored hunter here. Does anyone need help at any level?

Decent/10
Not so much of a I'M RIGHT YOUR WRONG as Vaati is and brings on a few guests who know their shit.

Radial Radial Triangle is the best combination for pure physical weapons, right?

yes

Yep.

Then why do we need the Altar of Despair to put her back together after Alfred pastes her? He seemed pretty damn confident that he's sufficiently solved the problem and finished the job for his leader.
>"Now Master can be canonized as a true martyr!"
Surely Logarius could have done something like that and squeezed her remains into an urn and locked it up or something. Instead he slaps an iron mask with a garter wrapped around it on her face and stands guard forever.

>Here's another question for you to wrestle with: Why did Logarius continue to wear the crown? Surely if he hated Cainhurst and wanted to destroy them, he wouldn't sit on a throne with their crown on his head. Why didn't he kill Annalise?

Because she's inmortal, so if you can't kill it might as well just prevent anyone from finding her or freeing her. The crown description literally tells you this.

>Alfred considered the murder of Annalise to be his master's final objective. What stopped him?

She is immortal, can you get that through your head or are you just gonna keep writing fan fiction?

>Instead he slaps an iron mask with a garter wrapped around it on her face and stands guard forever.
>"As the great Logarius once said, "Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good."

pottery. BB has the best lore ever.

You're ignoring my arguments. She can't reassemble herself. You have to do it for her with a magical time altar. Alfred is totally confident that mashing her into pulp is a workable solution. Immortal or not, as a pile or flesh she can't really threaten anybody. Alfred was right. Logarius held back for some reason.

NG+ rom is up if you want it

She is still alive. The Alter just returns her to a humanoid form instantly by reversing time.

Otherwise, it would take a bit of time until she regened. But even in her pulpy state she would be a threat. Anyone exposed to it would be turned into a vile blood.

>Surely Logarius could have done something like that and squeezed her remains into an urn and locked it up or something.

Also, what does any of this prove? Wether he was a vileblood or not he would have tried to kill her anyway.

Because an urn can be broken. You can still use her mangled flesh. The safest bet was to lock her away and make sure nothing ever found her again. Jesus, are you really that dense? Even if Logarius pulped her, put her in a box and stashed her somewhere, someone could still fucking break it.

Furthermore, there's no evidence stating she can't put herself back together. It might take a while, but she'd still be able to, which would mean more Vilebloods. The only option left was to put her somewhere no one else could find her.

Jesus, this is some fucking Loranon shit right here.

Because the moment he realized she was immortal she gave up on killing her. Alfred was the only madman who thought of smashin her to a pulp. SeeAs you have clearly pointed out to us, Logarius was not smart.

l'm gonna leave the ps4 turn off for a bit, l've been playing for 3 hours and the console is insanely hot

>Logarius was not smart.
should alfred hear you saying this he'd smash you to pulp too

implying that execucktioner would get close to me before I unzip my katana and teleport behind him.

>Wether he was a vileblood or not
You think Vileblood and Cainhurst are the same thing. Your understanding of the lore is remedial. Please go brush up.
> he would have tried to kill her anyway.
But he didn't. We don't find a pile of mush. You can kill her too if you attack her enough

>You can still use her mangled flesh
No. In-game you can't become a vileblood by interacting with or owning the Queenly flesh. A writhing pile of pulp isn't a threat, only a potential catalyst.
>The safest bet was to lock her away and make sure nothing ever found her again.
Yet he didn't mash her into pulp AND lock away/guard a much more harmless urn/crate/jar.
>The safest bet was to lock her away and make sure nothing ever found her again.
and then what? start feeding blood dregs to a pile of garbage in the hope that it gets pregnant with Oedon's kid? Don't forget, it's not even clear that anybody at all knew about the effects of the Altar of Despair and that the Altar is guarded by the Emissary AND Ebrietas.

>Furthermore, there's no evidence stating she can't put herself back together.
Well... yes there is. If you leave the queenly flesh on the throne, it never reassembles itself on it's own.
>The only option left was to put her somewhere no one else could find her.
You're still ignoring how his disciple felt perfectly satisfied with pulping her and calling it a day. Was Alfred just a fucking moron who had no idea what Logarius wanted?

>Logarius was not smart.
He's actually really smart. He just has strong principles and convictions. He's the one who called himself out on sometimes doing unwise or foolish things. That's a sign of actual wisdom and intellect.

>He's actually really smart. He just has strong principles and convictions. He's the one who called himself out on sometimes doing unwise or foolish things. That's a sign of actual wisdom and intellect.

Oh nice, can you link us to your fanfic?

Don't mess with my heart like that
We al no that there's no DLC plans, and that BB2 is a fever dream and the best we'll get is another Soulsborne spin off with similarly fast gameplay

That's not fanfic. That's just common sense user.

An actual idiot wouldn't think or be aware of the fact that he was doing stupid things. Logarius calling himself out on his own failings is a sign that he was a pretty smart guy.

>No. In-game you can't become a vileblood by interacting with or owning the Queenly flesh.

You also can't jerk off in the game, that doesn't mean it isn't possible for the NPCs.

Play through the game again you fucking cuck. No wonder divorce rates are so high.

You know full well that a new IP would be far better than whoring out Bloodborne, and wouldn't retroactively ruin Bloodborne the way sequels are wont to do. All these idiots praying for a sequel need more eyes.

you really need to calm the fuck down

Its gonna be a DeS remaster, potentially with the removed archstone. Calling it now.

There is absolutely 0% chance of that happening.

Miyazaki deconfirmed a DeS remaster in the interview before last

He "confirmed" it, or the interviewer said "DES 2 WHEN" and he said "fuck off"?

Because sometimes you people seem to have some difficulty with interpreting interviews...

guy asked if they were doing a DeS remaster, Miyazaki replied by saying they wanted to do new things.

>shooting a giant shark-man the size of a small house in the middle of a fully body charge with a tiny blood bullet causes it to lose all momentum and drop to one kneel, staggered

DUDE

BLOOD

LMAO

Bullets hurt

Just because a bullet is 5 times as small compared to your body doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt like hell,

so does getting your soft flesh rended by a goddamn power saw but they don't give a fuck about that

So the exact opposite of confirming it.

In real life you could kill a hippo with bullets.

They do when you break their poise.