Ask someone in IB anythjng

Ask someone in IB anythjng

Other urls found in this thread:

markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/forecasts?s=CHG:LSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck is IB

Are you in the bulge bracket?

Do NYU kids with good gpas get hired at your firm?

Investment Banking

JP Morgan
I don't really deal with new employees, but I know some certain things that definitely increase your chances

What asset are you on?

Is IB just a meme?

I'm in MAA

Define meme

MAA?
What's your annual salary + bonus?
How much profit do you get for JP?

I do IT support for SGCIB.
I've always wondered how well paying it was to be a trader.

I've never heard of MAA, is that trading?

>define meme
>Veeky Forums
Nigga where the fuck you think you at

Lmao, Mergers and Acquisitions
Last year I made $180,000 + $60,000 bonus

Do you want to know if investment banking is a good career choice? Because that I can answer

So what's your day to day job?
Studying companies JP could acquire, and then offer this to your boss?

What training/formations have you had?

That's part of it, also private clients buying/selling
Princeton MFin, took a internship after graduating

Yes, go into hedge funds

IB first will help with that

Is your job heavily maths related?

True, a year maybe two at most then get the fuck out before you lose too much money.

Not really, nothing above high school !ath

Math*

Can I do it with zero effort and get mad gainz by spouting what other people think?

what are some good tips for getting hired, at a BB or any other IB, that you can think of off the top of your head

>Zero effort
No
-Very masculine profession, don't be fat
-Get a Masters, everybody comes in with a bachelors
-Don't both wit humanities, get Finance, and if you can handle it, STEM
-Any extra circular shit
-Have a story. If you say "I just want money" you won't get it, have to be very dedicated and interested

i go to the gym everyday so i think ill fit in. however, I'm pursuing degrees in chemistry and chemical engineering at a really good school for wall street. I try to learn finance during the summers, dabble in the stock market throughout the year, and have relatively great business connections, but will the fact that my degrees are solely in STEM work against me if my goal is IB at a BB? I am auditing finance classes but I doubt that would be enough, thanks so much for the info

also 2 more things, I am gay but not a flaming faggot, most people are super surprised when i tell them, but how is the attitude towards gay/whatever coworkers, is there a lot of masculine insecurity/discrimination?

and also considering the stem degrees would it be "easier" (cant think of a better word (maybe more efficient)) for me to just try and skip IB all together and go for something more quanty/sciency-oriented like hf or pt right off the bat out of undergrad?

STEM is fine, more and more engineers are being hired in IB these days, I would also recommend showing your history in the stock market,that will help a lot. You could go hf or pt but in the long run you won't make as much money. Not sure about the gay thing, nobody I know here is gay.

thanks again!!! I've always thought that in the long run hedge funds and prop trading were much more profitable than ib? I mean given that you don't fuck up.... but seriously you wont make as much money in hf? how is that even possible lol

We'll, with hedge funds you could, the problem is getting through the door, your chances are slim to nil

Dude have you ever watched a video on Goldman Sachs's youtube account?

If you're gay and smart like that, they'll instantly hire you.

truth truth
hahaha no but that's great news, thanks for letting me know, I'll check them out

I actually have another question, seeing your nice salary I'm assuming you're not a first, or even second year analyst. I might be wrong, but if I'm not, how do you manage to deal with burnout, has the thought even crossed your mind? Is it something you can find genuinely invigorating and motivating over long periods of time?

I'm an associate, burnout was never really a problem for me, locking in the perfect deal is very invigorating. If you can't work90+ hour weeks, banking isnt for you.

hell yeah that's awesome. all i needed to know is that it's physically possible to enjoy. see you at the top my friend

OP pls help an user out with the case study for his MAA interview

>how i should begin the analysis
>tips at where should i check the data etc

especially for a noob on LSE

Have you noticed the talent pool to jpm being shittier in the last 5yrs? Thought they all went to citi but noticing a lot of pikers at jpm as of recently.

sup IB bro, Im 19 and will go to a private university in Frankfurt next year.
My course is basically tailored towards IB, its called International Banking & Finance.
Also, twice a year basically all big IBs come to my uni to introduce themselves.
I cant fuck this up, can I?
Im absolutely focused on IB, its my goal.
Also, how competitive is it, really?
What kind of work contracts to you have? 1 year? Do you live in constant fear of getting fired?
Thanks man

Its very competitive, study hard and be ruthless. As long as you do your job and don't complain about the hours, you won't get fired.

investment banking jobs don't require heavy maths - you're getting confused with jobs in sales and trading - i.e. quant jobs, structurer jobs and quite a few trading roles too these days

Pls respond

>I cant fuck this up, can I?

alright, thanks man. how old are you by the way?

I know haha, but I'm determined and confident, ima do this

Joke
Investment Banking

Woke
International Baccalaureate

Do you know anyone who got in with an BS in Economics?

I have shit grades and will be going to a shit uni but will work as a civil engineer at the same time for the top 10 engineering company.
If I become a chartered engineer by 26 can I then join a bulge bracket? Assuming I go to another good uni to get a second bachelors/a masters degree + good trading portfolio.
>Or will my shit grades and first uni make sure I'll never be able to?

markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/forecasts?s=CHG:LSE
Yes
The look at it from a top down perspective, so say if you get a masters in something, they won't care too much about shitty undergraduate grades

More specifically, do you think a double major in Econ and political
Science with a 3.5 and above from a top 25 school will be enough to get a foot in the door? I'm about to be a sophomore and I'm hoping to get an internship at BNY Mellon as well.. Just want to make sure I'm not fucking up because I really want IB

I wouldn't suggest political. Finance/Law/STEM would be 10x better

are you happy? How long do you plan on doing this? If I were you, I'd save up shittons and retire with 35

What city are you located in? Is it true you can only do IB in LA and NYC?

what advice can you give a 20 year old working on a BA in economics who's likely got the brain for your sort of work? I live and study in Montreal Canada, Canadian citizen. Would Bay Street (wall st. of canada) be a more realistic goal?

> MAA

Why don't you say M&A like any normal IB block.

Wall Street should always be your end goal
I've never written it in acronym form before,since i usually only mention it in formal pieces

Former M&A myself, i ain't genetically built to handle the lack of sleep during long periods. Wasn't ready for the drug side either.

How do you deal with it? What are your common hours?

> SGCIB

You work at La Défense?

how many suits do you own?

how big is your personal investment portfolio?

what's it like standing in the same room with multi-millionaires?

is your boss a dick?

How old are your coworkers?

How old is too old to break in?

Nope, Montreal

>JPMorgan

What's up, homie?