/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 13th:
1373 – Anglo-Portuguese Alliance between England (succeeded by the United Kingdom) and Portugal is the oldest alliance in the world which is still in force.
1805 – Lewis and Clark Expedition: scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
1886 – King Ludwig II of Bavaria is found dead in Lake Starnberg south of Munich at 11:30 PM.
1917 – World War I: The deadliest German air raid on London during World War I is carried out by Gotha G bombers and results in 162 deaths, including 46 children, and 432 injuries.

>News
EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

old thread is kill

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/2402911
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to shitpost

lmoa triple thred pls delet

>mfw mods delete the cancer along with the entire thread

fuck you

delete yours

I never get to start thrads

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

anyone got the latest hoi-hoi-buy-it-goy patch?

>admins delete the only thread

janny probably just wanted the thread cleaned of shitposting

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

This wickedness must be stamped out

>r&i didn't get the first post
say goodbye to this one too lads

malta noob here

I thought about sending parà on malta, but i can't achive air superiority because that zone has only one airport, and it is located on malta

>inb4 mods delete everything but his autism

Lel

you can send airplanes to zones even if they aren't based in that zone
you can probably reach the malta zone from sicily or greece (idk who ur playing as)

xth for playing ww1 in mp

IMPORTANT POLL REGARDING THE FUTURE OF /GSG/ OP'S

strawpoll.me/2402911
strawpoll.me/2402911
strawpoll.me/2402911

Hope that's over, no need to delete the whole thread because one shitposter spamming though

>I always cheat in gsg

Yes you do, you put a john cena watermark in the OP to shitpost and you did this shit before

>one
We're all shitposters here, senpai

I'm thinking of getting back into Victoria 2 after not having played it for a while. What mods should I get? Currently I only have an old version of POP Demands mod that probably doesn't work anymore.

>not having fun

Does it matter where you place a unit in your division?

liquor and bureaucrats mod

what is that icon with the speaker phone and government building on fire
never seen it before

it's a virus don't download

This. Not everything that can realistically be done can be in a lot of /gsg/ games. Changeowner is your friend.

HPM

NapoopaN and HPM are the main good ones.

Yeah, let's just have a locked and stickied /gsg/ that's nothing but reminders and warnings about various unimportant shit in the op, and the only post allowed is his.

its when some other country influences your politics

this is the new op, make sure to have the op updated next thread

It's funny because it's his autism that triggers the shitposting

>animeme
legitimately thought we kicked you autists out over an year ago

>post yfw when we were gassed

@145404382
t. steamgruppe

Holy fucking shit, the peace mechanic is fucking annoying
>War Poland as the only aggressor against them
>At the gates of Warsaw
>Axis declares war on them
>Germany takes one region next East Prussia
>This means Italy gets to puppet latvia and lithuania and lets Germany blob

Is there a link with all the HoI4 portraits?

seconding

that one doesn't have EUIV

see

Uh, lads?

What happened to Rob?

He posts updates on occasion but mostly sticks with the first steamgroup. Why do you ask?

Dead
robmod is objectively superior in MP

i-is the AI literally handcuffed?

Well given it was designed for MP this should surprise no one.

Does anything matter in HOI4?
Can I just throw together some stupid army and paint freely?

Set it to 2 and see what happens.

No

No I refuse to believe Paradox is actually THIS LEVEL of incompetent

Why is it that every time I capture a new territory in HOI4 it goes to the UK instead of me?

Does the UK own the province you're attacking from?

What's actually going on here?

maybe it was made for mp balance?

get me a good country to play in HPM lads

Russia

Haiti

Argentina

Bhutan

God that was annoying. First I had to fight the Axis for Czechoslovakia, then a year later the Comintern for Romania. Manage to beat them both, but because you apparently get more war score for bombing then you do for actually doing shit, Britain got first peace and made a German Republic. So then I had to fight all the Allies as well. Thank god China joined the Allies just before the Democratic Japan declared war on them and I was able to get in with them.

But these borders a fucking disgusting. Guess the only way to have nice ones is to war alone, otherwise everyone else will just grabs bits all over.

Did them all already desu

R8 my italy lads.

what the fug

Matabele

Ok, then pick a country you haven't played and play them if you're not going to take reccomendations faggot.

No, I launched a naval invasion from my territory

Why are Important and Essential identical in color?

believeble worlds

>.png

They aren't. Essential is red, Important is orange.

Because you're color blind.
>.png

is hoi4 good

nice third world internet senpai :^)

is this buttfucking your internet?

If I understand right, they built an AI that decides how to modify their divisions based on a set of weights (so, e.g., if adding X to the division adds 5 soft attack and 10 build_cost_ic, it has a net value of +2, and if Y adds 5 soft attack, 5 hard attack, and 12 build_cost_ic, it has a net value of +1, so the AI will choose X more often than Y, even though Y is probably better.)

If is what it looks like, the AI isn't allowed to add Artillery brigades or tanks to their infantry divisions, or infantry/mot/mech brigades to their tank divisions; this might just be an optimization to prevent the AI from ending up with 2 infantry brigades and 10 artillery brigades in their divisions, not sure. This is the problem with linear weights; they don't take into account the need for balance between statistics.

The ban is out.
Thanks again mods.

>electricity not essential
wew

>mfw when

>16 minutes ago
>17 minutes ago
>36 minutes ago
>39 minutes ago

>no starting writing system
>plus this
Not going through that again tbd
wow rude

>0.0 entrenchment
>0.0 recon
These guys are fully retarded, no wonder Germany can never get into Copenhagen

WHY DID PARAKEKS INTENTIONALLY MAKE THEIR AI RETARTED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just add artilery to infantry and fill the tank divisions with even more tanks

Reminder that Stellaris is Grandi Strategy

¿they can do that?

Damn son, you're getting slow. What's wrong?

you want combat width 20 or 10 or below so you can fit more divisions into a battle from 1 direction.
Higher the hardness the better.
Artillery, tanks, and support battalions have low organization so you need some type of infantry with them.
AA is useless
Recon and Engineer supports are worth it for every division
Speed is better than firepower itself, hence why that autist who posted here showing us his super heavy tank only divisions lost WW2.

Strasbourg is rightful German land!

Multiplayer balance

based Mosley

Everything at 0.0 is base. Above that means it matters more, below matters less.

So AI cares more about soft attack then it does hardness, but cares less about IC cost and supply consumption then it does recon or reliability.

>Paradox actually thinks people play mp more than sp

Probably because he didn't make the thread, then the comment, then link it to us from the old thread since they got deleted.
have you not looked at the diplomacy tab, like ever?
you can boost party popularity and support coups.

They posted stats on their forums once
Literally 10% of all userbase played MP
Yet Johan keeps balancing the games towards multiplayer
Reminder Johan is 100% autistic and only cares about their little office games
All DLCs, all patches, all new titles, it's all to sate his autism

To add:
Motorized rek fucking everything, you can add light armour for more punch and just add recon + support art + whatever and you win.
It is really stupid.
Also, don't be surprised if you end up with 100k+ infantry equipment in storage, just lend lease it to allies when you move to the next inf eq tech.

Which means Mechanised Infantry with attached Support Artillery is the best composition and once you get a bunch of that there's no reason to make anything else.
Except fighters. Lots and lots of fighters.

Im playing hpm with the cultural minimod and want to eventually take all of south america
When will I be able to diplo annex sattilites i release? What do I need in order to cheese my infamy down

i wonder how long /gsg/'s ban list would be