/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #473 - Bored and Desolate Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
youtube.com/watch?v=_yTp6Izalm8
youtube.com/watch?v=I7623sTo6JE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

waifus

WHORES AND WHORES

Amy is the whoreist

At least Amy didn't fuck a goat, a skunk, and a monkey.

That pussy must be a wrecked mess.

>WHORES AND WHORES
Every single one of them!

So do you think Sonic CD came before or after the Death Egg Trilogy?
I like to think that it came before. Metal Sonic arguably being a better Sonic robot than Mecha Sonic I chalk up to crazy time travel shenanigans.

After because of Sonic 4

Post based pictures of Sonic

They look like they're at E3

Sonic 4 means CD has to be before Sonic 2. Because Sonic 4 happens soon after 3K.

I'd still hit it

I like to pretend Sonic 4 doesn't exist.

But it does

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Contrary to popular belief, Sonic CD cannot take place between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. The story for Sonic 4 links Sonics 1-3&K together. Sonic CD takes place either before Sonic 1 or after Sonic 3&K. It can go both ways, really.

I got your Sonic 4 right here.

It's pretty much become a general rule that Sonic 1 is the first game that happens.

This guy knows what's up.

Sonic 4 was stated to happen right after 3K.

Since I didn't play CD as a kid I didn't really have a strong opinion on it's place in the timeline, but I can see it fitting well between 1 and 2.

After Robotnik finds out about Little Planet he decides to take it over to make a floating fortress on the small planetoid. Thanks to the abundant resources he's able to build Metal Sonic, since he's realized the potential Sonic has to be a threat and wants to both counter him and use his power for himself.

After that plan falls through, he's inspired to construct a planetoid base for himself, and comes up with the Death Egg. He also wants to make a new robot Sonic, but since he's pouring all his resources from Westside Island into the Death Egg he doesn't make it as refined as the first Metal Sonic. He decides to just use it as a guard for the Death Egg, and he also figures Sonic will never make it to space anyway. During the Angel Island operation, since he's just reconstructing the Death Egg, he's able to spend more resources on Mecha Sonic, making him more refined than the previous model, but still opting for the power route as opposed to finesse.

but what about sonic 4's intro?

How can Sonic 4 link Sonic 1 to it's story, but not Sonic CD?

Little Planet was disappeared

Could Mecha Sonic be made into the new Shard?

Sonic 1
Sonic CD
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 4 Ep 1
Sonic 4 Ep 2

Flows well enough to me.

Ian isn't going to bring in a new Shard or Scourge. He explains why in his recent podcast thing.

Gemerl is a thing in the comic now, and seems to have a similar personality, from what we saw in Worlds Unite. We'll see more of him in Panic in the Sky.

It wouldn't be so bad if Shard didn't go out the way he did

Yes, but Sonic CD can still fit before Sonic 1. The Japanese manual for Sonic 1 states that that was the first time Eggman used the Flickies and Sonic's other animal friends to power his robots. And in Sonic CD, Eggman uses Little Planet's flowers to power them. So it fits.

It takes place "some time" after Sonic 3&K. Sonic CD could very well happen in "some time"

I meant to say "combined", as Sonic 1-3&K now take place within a few days

See

LIMIT

You're all wrong.

The story for Sonic 4 describes Sonic and Eggman's actions as happening right after their adventure on Angel Island. After Sonic saved the Master Emerald and Angel Island, Sonic goes off on his own to find new places and Eggman starts rebuilding his old machines or whatever because of... whatever the story said, I can't remember the details at the moment.

What the fuck is this bullshittery?

True and Honest assessment of sonic continuity.

After the events of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic goes off on his own to find new places. Humiliated, Eggman decides to get rid of Sonic by refining his best creations just before Sonic 4. There's no set time between Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 4; just "some time"

The ultimate question.

If Sonic 2 and Sonic CD were the same game, we wouldn't have this problem.

All Sonic games are actually just a retelling of the same legend.

Sometimes I miss the days before the official Zelda timeline.

It's after.

Sonic 4 ties in Sonic CD into the Death Egg Saga. The Death Egg is around in Sonic 4. Sonic 4 also reuses bosses from the original Sonic Tetralogy, and the first boss of Episode II shows that Eggman is aware of that. So it takes place after.

Wait, I need to correct myself. That doesn't actually prove anything. My logic is broken and all I did was prove that Sonic 4 comes after S3&K.

It has to be before, because Sonic 4 takes place directly after Sonic & Knuckles.

See

Sally took that as a challenge.

Well, it'd make sense for Robotnik to try and fuck around with the Little Planet and then, after it dissapears, go decide to make his own Little Planet
With blackjack and hookers

SLUUUUUUUUUT!

Guys, just because a game is described as happening after another game doesn't mean it happened literally immediately after. S3&K happened after Sonic 2, but there still needed to be enough time for the Death Egg to start repairs and the Launch Base to be built up. Same with other games.

Except Sonic 3&K is LITERALLY described as taking place after Sonic 2. Sonic 1 is exempt to this, as Sonic 2 took place a few days after Sonic 1.

Sonic 3K doesn't take place immediately after Sonic 2. The manual says it took place a few weeks after.

I think it's before the Death Egg Saga because of this picture. I know that this picture isn't canon, but it shows that the developers thought of Sonic 2 as the next game in the series, so it only makes sense that Sonic CD would be before Sonic 2 in the timeline.

You know, the thought occurs to me that with all the time travel going on in Sonic CD, the place where it occupies in the timeline could be spun as intentionally hazy.

I think the real CD question is PAL or NTSC soundtrack?

Yes.

Jap OST is best

Sonic Boom > You Can Do Anything

It depends on the zone. Jap is always good for grooving, but sometimes thematically I don't feel like grooving, and often the US soundtrack fits better then. But I'm not really attached to either of them because we didn't have a SEGA CD growing up and I didn't play CD until Gems Collection.

youtube.com/watch?v=_yTp6Izalm8
youtube.com/watch?v=I7623sTo6JE

Work dat suckah to death
c'mon now!

If you're strong you can fly, you can reach the other side of the rainbow

What are the odds i'll see Sonic at E3. Tell me it'll happen.

You'll see Fire and Ice maybe and that's it

Sonic Boom Fire and Ice /10 odds

Sonic is Chaos. The unpredictable.

This explains literally everything about the franchise.

They already hinted the new Sonic game will be revealed 7/22

Don't lie to me.

>Sonic is Chaos
Chaos is Power, enriched by the Heart
The Controller is the one who unifies the Chaos

I liked how Finitevus had a corrupted version of Tikal's prayer

That's what they've been saying ever since the panel when they announced the July event.

Sonic 4 retcons that, though.

Worse girl doing terrible things I'm shocked

>addressing the reader

i can't recall a time I've seen notboom comic doing this...

Bump

In other news, Resident Evil 7's looking pretty good.

Cutest girl

CRash in SKylanders kek

At least Crash 1-3 are being remastered "from the ground up". That's something...

R-Right...

Better than them shitting on his grave after the disasterpieces that were Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant.

And Lara-Su uses a past-tense version here. The comics really liked playing on Tikal's prayer.

At least you're not as dead as a fucking VITA

I'd love to bump Bump's bumps.

Neither, they're both shit.

>Das it mane

Thanks user